• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Blacksmith quest

[X] Swordspam. Swordspam Everywhere. You don't have time for this.

Swording tiem!

[X] Trace on. I am the bone of my sword.
- - [X] Tsubame Gaeshi. :3

- - Assassin's blade

While I approve using False Assassin's blade and skills here, if only to conserve prana and because our own style is better suited to face people whose stats outpace us by leagues, I'm not really sure, if we can actually use Tsubame Gaeshi, since our stuff is always at least slightly degraded and that technique, as far as I understood it, relies on absolute perfection.

Yeah, a proper Tsubame Gaeshi is beyond what Archer can perform. He might be able to do a second, degraded slash though.

Also all the votes so far are for a lethal solution. I thought you were going for a pacifist run?

[X] Trace On. I am the Bone of my Sword.
-[X] Kanshou and Bakuya

The man wants to see Our blades, people, not Assassins blade. Seriously. Lets show him what he wants, and call on our True Blades.

Tsubame Gaeshi is a technique and not a noble phantasm.... which means that since Archer can emulate the skills of the weapon he wields... he can do a perfect Tsubame Gaeshi... even if his traced sword break.

Biigoh, GM Just Said Archer can't do a perfect Tsubame Gaeshi.

And Tsubame Gaeshi is an Horrifically Lethal ability.

Why do you want to kill this guy? He's Cool!

Then... it's sad.

But go for the imitation first... next level, we just Gae Bulge him to death

-Having a definite plan
-Deciding to go the opposite way at the first drop of shiny

IT BEGINS!!!!!!!

Ardion Prosili said:
-Having a definite plan
-Deciding to go the opposite way at the first drop of shiny

IT BEGINS!!!!!!!
When did we have a definite plan?
And what shiny?

Also changing my vote to:

[X] Take him out fast, non-lethal if possible.
-[X] Move on with the saving.

We had a plan? What was it?

Actually, never mind, I'm busy staring at the shiny.

[X] Too bad, we don't have time to play with you.

[X] Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
-[X] Kanshou and Bakuya

[X] Trace On
-[X] Kanshou and Bakuya

Whatever, just make sure to call the lawfirm after and inquire with the boss if it's their company policy to have their customers tazed after a negotiation in good faith and plans made to have their assets stolen. Should he perhaps be looking for a change of legal counsel, as the professionalism the firm's delegate has shown so far makes him doubt their capability of actually handling any legitimate business?

Really, Urd just won the Too Stupid To Live award. What she did was not cunning, smart, or anything even remotely resembling logical. There is only one possible explanation other than utter idiocy, and that's the fact that she didn't quite grasp she was dealing with an Out Of Context Problem. But that's beside the point, because she's clearly proven to be unworthy of any trust, and certainly not someone you'd give your money to. If it wasn't for the fact that you'd likely go 'oh noes' I'd say stab her and be done with it, then blame it on terrorists or something and request another lawyer.

Oh, yeah, and
[]Trace on. Trigger off. Just give him a nice tide of nameless blades at supersonic velocity.
[]If this fails, Reinforce, summon Kanshou and Bakuya, and stomp him as efficiently as possible.

What. Seriously. It matters fuck all that he's 'cool' and wants an 'honorable fight'.

Also:
[]Cancel Zel's projection. She's being misled and lied to. Doesn't matter if it's a 'good' reason.

Whatever, just make sure to call the lawfirm after and inquire with the boss if it's their company policy to have their customers tazed after a negotiation in good faith and plans made to have their assets stolen. Should he perhaps be looking for a change of legal counsel, as the professionalism the firm's delegate has shown so far makes him doubt their capability of actually handling any legitimate business?

Really, Urd just won the Too Stupid To Live award. What she did was not cunning, smart, or anything even remotely resembling logical. There is only one possible explanation other than utter idiocy, and that's the fact that she didn't quite grasp she was dealing with an Out Of Context Problem. But that's beside the point, because she's clearly proven to be unworthy of any trust, and certainly not someone you'd give your money to. If it wasn't for the fact that you'd likely go 'oh noes' I'd say stab her and be done with it, then blame it on terrorists or something and request another lawyer.

Oh, yeah, and
[]Trace on. Trigger off. Just give him a nice tide of nameless blades at supersonic velocity.
[]If this fails, Reinforce, summon Kanshou and Bakuya, and stomp him as efficiently as possible.

What. Seriously. It matters fuck all that he's 'cool' and wants an 'honorable fight'.

Also:
[]Cancel Zel's projection. She's being misled and lied to. Doesn't matter if it's a 'good' reason.

Flopping flip.

Rieverre said:
Really, Urd just won the Too Stupid To Live award. What she did was not cunning, smart, or anything even remotely resembling logical. There is only one possible explanation other than utter idiocy, and that's the fact that she didn't quite grasp she was dealing with an Out Of Context Problem.

Not exactly, there is still yet another explanation.

h4oyNj1.jpg

She's bargaining right now.

Show her some more examples of freakish magic, and I do believe job loss is going to be the least of her concerns when she decides to check herself into the funny farm.

I don't suppose we have the Kotegiri or Truman Masamune do we?

[X] Give him one last chance to stand down and if he refuses end him. The longer we stay here and play games the more innocent people die.

Although we may be trying for a peaceful run I don't believe we could have totally distanced ourselves from our prior thought patterns. He seems strong enough where we couldn't just knock him out and be on our way. Maybe this will teach Urd that you shouldn't tase a guy who can go "pewpew" with magic swords. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] "I don't have time for this. Enkidu."
-[X] Toss him in a closet, and tell him that you'll come back once you're done with the terrorists.

Bloodshifter said:
Urd had two possibilites:

- Believe Archer was saying the truth and thus accept that all the supernatural stuff he dropped on her in the space of two hours (magic, vampires, Servants, Angra Mainyu, souls, a God-like existence, reincarnation and dimension travel, etc, etc) were facts.
-Believe Archer was saying the truth as he saw it, and was a completely nutjob with a sense of showmanship and too much money and time on his hand.

That is to say, about 40% of her country's economy is at the mercy of a headcase. Considering how unstable your situation is what with not being a proper Britannian, and who know who you'll want to share your "real identity" with next?

Also, bad roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it was just SAN loss, that kind of lack of professionalism is unacceptable in a lawyer. Especially in one who's supposed to be used to dealing with eccentric rich.

Besides, she was acting less concerned or unhinged, and more crackling Evil McChucklenuts. Complete with monologue.

She was talking to you and she seriously doesn't give a flying fuck about you beyond the potential financial benefits. That may change in the future.

And you're forgetting the setting you're in. Urd is a Britannian lawyer. Her ethics and priorities are rather skewed, compared to ours.

Ah. Then my initial evaluation stands. Too Stupid To Live. You're giving the Britannian thing far too much weight here.

If she had any kind of sense at all she'd have milked the situation for all it was worth and then some over a period of months, becoming all but invaluable to Archer and running of the enterprise and earning herself more than a pretty penny - earning herself the reputation of someone who can reliably handle that kind of scope of investment. This would help the reputation of the firm further, and draw in more business.

Instead, she's acting archetypical Chaotic Stupid going for the quick and uncertain buck. I have no compassion at all for that kind of stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back