• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Oh my. Vino, who is that delectable creature in your avatar?

Edit: Or rather, who was?

Oh no, wait, back again. :3

Was, is, shall be again... Tribute to my new reincarnation quest.

I'll try to find a better one, this one's head is supposed to bob but apparently avatars don't do that. -Sigh-

Edit- Ah, that's better~

... dude. Your Reavers are in every way superior to the Firefly ones. O///O Holy crap.

And I have to say, he makes an excellent Sailor Neptune there. XD

FurikoMaru said:
... dude. Your Reavers are in every way superior to the Firefly ones. O///O Holy crap.

And I have to say, he makes an excellent Sailor Neptune there. XD

Giggity.

who_else_but_reaver__by_doomed_dreamer-d358bxe.gif

Kyaa!

How big of an asshole are we talkin' here? : D Is he stabbable, or merely headlockable?

[X] MOAR TAIJUTSU.

Bitching. We can move up a grade in Taijutsu, start yanking some interesting new moves from better fighters.

And since we aren't moving up in the other classes, we can still meet peeps in our own, and if we want, outside-classroom sparring matches.

*squee!* It's everything The Blond of Blonds could have been and wasn't!

... ne, was the Ami resolution satisfying?

Huh. That....I did not expect. And I should have. Not the confession I would prefer, but definitely interesting. Very telling of Ino's character.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Ami's. I was kind and gave her a confession she could work into her broader narrative without feeling like she'd lost face, or something.

I find it amusing that Ami is One of us, one of us~! such a Troper, honestly.

It's pretty much the only way I can think of to make a proto-bully like her relatable in a way that won't make the reader too uncomfortable.

FurikoMaru said:
And Ami's. I was kind and gave her a confession she could work into her broader narrative without feeling like she'd lost face, or something.

Ami is going to be so very embarrassed when she finally grows up, isn't she?

What kind of prodigy do you mean?

Because there's no argument at all as to who's the more impressive instrument of death; Itachi has that shit locked down. Barring unprecedented levels of grinding, you aren't going to match him as a ninja before the timeskip.

But if you're asking which of them has the more widely-applicable skillset and capacity for growth, then Ino's the big fancy prodigy. For one thing, she's more socially adept at six than he is at 14.

You know, if we really do want to steal Gentle Fist, it's probably safer to do it with Hinata. She's less likely to tattle than Neji.

That said, if Hinata isn't watched, someone in a position of authority has somehow acquired said position in spite of terminal retardation, and I want their somehow moving corpse on an operating table before the day is through.

There will probably be consequences for stealing the unstealable. If we're the first to pull it off.

EDIT: Also, Neji is waaaaay better than Hinata and we will steal better moves from him, so if we're gonna pay the piper for it no matter what...

To even hope to us the Gentle Fist and not have the bakyugan you would have to be a stupidly good sensor like we already are.

Re: Stealing the gentle fist...

Yeah, we're never going to get the byakugan chakra injections. But that's not what we want.

We just want the pure taijutsu moves. Kaiten, wozzat? Is it tasty? Nah, I like that fancy ankle movement when you spin around the other guy and attack from behind. I'll take that.

nightblade said:
To even hope to us the Gentle Fist and not have the bakyugan you would have to be a stupidly good sensor like we already are.

And sensing runs in the Yamanaka family. In fact, it might be that all of the members who train it right. So there's probably been a few who can also hear tenketsu.

Honestly, I'm not seeing why we couldn't yank the Jyuuken in its entirety, since we can pinpoint tenketsu via other senses. We wouldn't be nearly as good, but we'd have the capability.

Y'don't even have to know exactly where the tenketsu are to master Jyuuken; remember how freaked out everyone was to find out Neji could see them?

Yeah, don't most Jyuuken users just target the organs? And really, how hard can pushing chakra through your hands and fingers be?

Well, maybe. Is it so hard that we wouldn't be able to figure it out, though?

Plus most of the upper Jyuken attacks requires you to be able to see tenketsu

Well, you have great chakra control, so it wouldn't be as hard for you as for someone else, but...

[X] Join the second-year taijutsu class

nightblade said:
Plus most of the upper Jyuken attacks requires you to be able to see tenketsu
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Gentle_Step_Twin_Lion_Fists
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Gentle_Fist_Art_One_Blow_Body
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Trigrams_Palms_Revolving_Heaven
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Trigrams_Vacuum_Wall_Palm
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Trigrams_Mountain_Crusher
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Trigrams_Vacuum_Palm
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Protection_of_the_Eight_Trigrams_Sixty-Four_Palms

Unless you were talking about those TWO techniques, Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms and Eight Trigrams One Hundred Twenty-Eight Palms.

[X] Face Fisted (because Kung-Fu Fighting is a shit-tier reference)

Man, and you felt short before. Everyone in the second year class has at least an inch and a half on you; you need to stand in the front row just to see the demonstration platform.

Sasuke is unbelievably envious of you getting to skip ahead, and makes you promise to share everything you learn. Ami seems to take your advancement as a challenge and promptly redoubles her efforts in taijutsu to catch up. Although, she may just be trying to become Sasuke's new favourite sparring partner. She might be behaving more rationally now that you're kinda sorta friends, but her massive crush on the Lollypop hasn't gone anywhere.

Your speed is no longer the utter game-breaker it was in the lower class, but you've still got a massive lead on most of these older kids.

Most. Not all.

The two biggest exceptions are Uchiha Touya and Hyuuga Neji.

Touya is a tough opponent for you just because he's the tallest kid in the class and has the longest arms, so your usual tactic of dancing out of reach doesn't work on him.

Neji, on the other hand, is quite simply a taijutsu monster.

If he isn't as fast as you are, the difference is so negligible it isn't worth measuring. And his Jyuuken is just... you know, you thought you understood the style, more or less. When Hinata uses it, it's a thing of beauty, graceful and refined; every movement is only as large as it needs to be, no unnecessary effort is exerted. It actually sort of reminds you of tessenjutsu. It's like a creek, gently rolling downhill, occasionally forming a tiny waterfall or hopping over a rock like it isn't even there.

Neji's take on it is more like dropping the entire goddamn ocean on you and then instructing the moon to do its thing.

To a sensor, it's not exactly a secret what the difference is. Neji has a lot of rage over something or other, and being from a Noble clan whose esteemed members obviously can't just talk about their emotions like sensible people, he's decided to express himself via his fists. His chakra doesn't mark him as an enemy, or anything, but it definitely projects an aura of pessimism and misanthropy you could cut with a knife.

His cousin, on the other hand, is just... not a violent person. At all. She has to force herself to fight. And being that way has made her rather catlike, to your thinking. Cats will only pick a fight if they think they can win it - pride is worth nothing when weighed against survival. Similarly, Hinata's tendency towards compassion means she'll only fight when people make her - pride is worth nothing to her when weighed against the wellbeing of others.

Oddly, in a way, you think this might also have made her a better fighter than she would have been otherwise. She's slow as shit, of course, like everyone else your age, and she hesitates too much, but you get the feeling that when all of you grow up, she's going to be much more efficient than Neji. Her fights already take less time than his do, comparatively; she seems to be focused on bringing her fights to an end, above all else. Neji sometimes seems to enjoy prolonging his opponents' suffering. The guy is just like his name: twisted.

All of this would be much less troublesome to you if he weren't easily the cutest boy in school.

"Hyuuga Neji vs. Yamanaka Ino."

Personally, you blame Ami. You weren't attracted to children before you talked to her - fuck, your response to hearing you're about to spar with the boy who left both your arms temporarily paralyzed last time should not be to grin like a fool.

*sigh* ... if only he didn't have to remind you of Goemon-san. You hate to admit it, but the resemblance is there. It's partially physical, but... that aura. It's thicker and heavier than the one Goemon-san had in the first dream, but you're almost positive it's the same one. The one that says "Leave me alone or I'll kill you."

No one who's had a good life can have that kind of song in their chakra. :(

Still.

This is taijutsu class, not group therapy.

And barbaric offshoot or no, Jyuuken is still a damned stylish moveset.

Rising -oof!- palm-heel strike? Yoink! (ouch)

His footwork? (Owgetoutofthewaybeforehedoesthatagain) In the very immediate future, it becomes your footwork.

(Hell, say goodbye to proper use of your right arm for the time being) Ooh, that twin-elbow sideways thing is cool! Gotta have that.

Aaaaand you're spent. You stumble to the ground, propping yourself up with your remaining good arm.

Yeah. Hinata may have her weak points, but if she were fast enough, she'd put you down the moment she got a chance. She wouldn't give you time to jack her moves.

Neji frowns imperiously down at you.

You smile innocently back up. "Problem, sempai?"

"I will not permit you to make a mockery of Gentle Fist."

"Pfft. Haven't you ever heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? You should feel proud I thought your moves were worth stealing!"

He laughs humourlessly, and shakes his head. "You're a fool if you think copying a few forms will improve your taijutsu. You lack all talent for the discipline, and you're a coward besides."

[X] "Better a live rat than a dead lion, bure-bure."

[X] "Aw, hell. If it's talent I need, I'll just steal that, too." ;)

[X] "Who needs talent? Or courage, for that matter? We're ninja. If we can't win fair, we can always just cheat." 8)

[X] Write-in

----------

So I asked myself, why should Lee get all the fun of being an expy? And the result was that Hinata is now a Jet Li-type fighter. I thought it was appropriate, given the way the animators try to make her look graceful above all else, and the fact that they appear to share an attitude toward fighting, if interviews with Mr Li are anything to go by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back