• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] "Aw, hell. If it's talent I need, I'll just steal that. Courage too, for that matter. We're ninja. If we can't win fair with what we got, we can always just cheat or get more things-and you totally have cool things, so I'm taking them!" Psh, like you should need to explain this!

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] "Who needs talent? Or courage, for that matter? We're ninja. If we can't win fair, we can always just cheat."

I'd rather emphasis this twisty logic above all others!

[X] "Who needs talent? Or courage, for that matter? We're ninja. If we can't win fair, we can always just cheat."

[X] "Aw, hell. If it's talent I need, I'll just steal that, too." ;)

I suppose now's as good as time as any to propose this little game.

I have made quite a few shout-outs throughout this quest and will likely continue to do so. Anyone who can PM me correctly identifying three gets their own personal Zantetsuken slash with which to cut worthless objects when voting for an option they like, but perceive as tricky to pull off.

[X] "Aw, hell. If it's talent I need, I'll just steal that, too."

[X] "Who needs talent? Or courage, for that matter? We're ninja. If we can't win fair, we can always just cheat." 8)

[quote author=Lupin III]
Of course I'm the greatest assassin in the world. Because I cheat.[/quote]

The inspiration for that particular option. ^-^

[X] "Who needs talent? Or courage, for that matter? We're ninja. If we can't win fair, we can always just cheat." 8)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ami is going to be so very embarrassed when she finally grows up, isn't she?
Chuunibyou demo Ami?

Or she stays like that, and is basically a female Naruto.

[X] Yeah, that's because taijutsu isn't really my thing. Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll see some of what else I do, sometime.
Wink optional.

You smirk.

Neji gives you a look of disgust (hee, he's so cute when he's mad), then turns on his heel to retake his seat.

"That's enough outta both of you," Sagara-sensei says, and calls the next match-up. "Harada Risa vs. Hio Mio."

You get to your feet and go back to where you were sitting before.

"Do you really believe that?"

You turn. There's a rather homely little boy sitting next to you, with a vaguely scared expression on his face. From the feel of his chakra, he's really hopeful about something, but there's a note of sadness and nervousness that's stomping all over that hope.

"Believe what, sempai?" you ask in a low voice, not wanting to disturb the other spectators.

"That it doesn't matter if you're not talented... that you can still be a great ninja even if..." He bites his lip, and seems unwilling to go on.

You think about it (maybe you should have done that before you said it, but eh, it sounded cool at the time). "Well, talent's not totally unimportant, or anything; if I weren't double-jointed and naturally fast, I wouldn't be able to compete against Neji on almost-equal terms."

"Oh." Oh, man, he's visibly wilting. Overprotective Ino mode, activate!

"That said," you continue, "you don't have to be talented at the things people think of first in order to be a shinobi. A shinobi isn't just someone who can throw around chakra attacks, or plant magic daydreams in your head, or punch someone really hard. It's a job, and just like any other job, all your employers are going to care about is results."

"Results?" the boy asks.

You nod, warming to the subject. "Right. Imagine you're a merchant who wants protection from bandits on the road. Do you hire someone because they know a lot of jutsu, or because they got all As in the Academy? Hell no; you want to hire the guy you've heard has successfully protected a dozen other caravans in the past. You don't care about jutsu, because the whole point is that you don't want there to be a fight next to the things and people you want protected. You're counting on this guy's fame to keep the highwaymen at bay.

"Or think about an infiltration assignment, where you have to pretend to be a lady-in-waiting to a daimyo's daughter; the difference between success and failure there has nothing to do with taijutsu and everything to do with your acting ability. A good spy can't just go around hitting everyone for information, that's retarded. At most he should have to knock out the people he's going to replace.

"Or if you're fighting other ninja in a war, and you come up against someone who completely outclasses you in all three disciplines. What do you do? You can run away, sure, but that doesn't solve the whole problem."

The boy looks surprised. "You can't run away!"

You blink. "Why not? Why should you have to fight on ground your enemies chose? Make them fight where you wanna fight, on your terms. If you're smart enough and you prepare well enough, it doesn't matter if you're weak and they're strong. You can win anyway."

"... does it have to be by cheating?" he asks, almost pleading.

You consider arguing that cheating in real life isn't like cheating in a game. How the world is a staggeringly unfair place and you have to take what you can get.

But then you think of a man whose sword never touches the flesh of anyone who does not deserve death. A man who always shows the utmost respect to his true opponents. A man whose pride in his skill will not allow him to take shortcuts to victory.

"... no," you admit. "Not if you don't want to. But it's really hard to live life without cheating at least once in a while."

The boy smiles. "I'm not afraid of hard work."

You return it. "... Ino the Fifth, of the Yamanaka."

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Ino-chan," he says formally. "My name is Rock Lee. How do you do?"

Two of them, you think to yourself with an internal chuckle. No, not even two; half and half.

=

Sasuke's birthday comes and goes; you do end up getting him those gloves, which he greatly appreciates. He doesn't have a non-family birthday party, but the two of you and Shikamaru and Chouji go get ice cream together on the day of, so that's something.

Aside from Shika and Chouji, who do you wanna hang with now? Pick two.

[X] Menka (who I really should have included last time as an option)

[X] Sasuke

[X] Kiba

[X] Hinata

[X] Ami

[X] Lee

[X] Neji clearly needs a rival to get him to lighten up. He's too bitchy to accept a friend at this point, but you're sure you can get around that.

What classes would you like to focus on for the next few months? Pick two.

[X] Trap-Making goddamn it, you're already top of the class, what more do you want?

[X] Handseals

[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Beginners' Weaponry

Free time! Whaddya do? Includes the option to do some of this stuff with the people you choose to hang with. Pick two.

[X] Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount. ;)

[X] I'm dreamin' in the mornin', dreamin' all through the night~

[X] Tessenjutsu innovation time!

[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Write-in

I'm new to the quest, so I'm gonna wait for some other people to vote.
Don't know if there are any ongoing plans, because I only read the archive.
That said, Neji is my clear favourite in the first category and he somewhat requires taijutsu. No idea about the other stuff, though.

[X] Hinata

[X] Lee

[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

Free time! Whaddya do? Includes the option to do some of this stuff with the people you choose to hang with. Pick two.

[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Kiba
[X] Neji clearly needs a rival to get him to lighten up. He's too bitchy to accept a friend at this point, but you're sure you can get around that.

[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Neji
[X] Lee

[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Ami
[X] Lee

[X] Beginners' Weaponry
[X] Taijutsu

[X] Hangin with your bros~ All your bros~ Even the ones that are technically girls~

[X] Lee
[X] Sasuke
-----
[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

-----

[X] Ride the Lightning ( do you even have to ask?)

edited

[X] Hinata

[X] Lee

[X] Taijutsu

[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Ride the Lightning

Rragh, so many interesting ways to go. Well, I want Lee and Neji as a set, so it'll just have to wait.

Notice how Kiba takes Akamaru everywhere? Do the Inuzuka have a special dispensation, or...?
[X] Kiba
Pet-lovers unite! (Just don't let Akamaru and Menka hear that)

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Ride the Lightning
[X] Well sure, you can mask your face and voice, but what about the other ninja tells? Smell? Chakra?
I want to be able to fool an Inuzuka (i.e.: mess with Kiba).

Huh, I wonder if we could appropriate Kiba's family jutsu to work with Menka...?

Ooh, Guile's got something interesting.

Notice how Kiba takes Akamaru everywhere? Do the Inuzuka have a special dispensation, or...?
[X] Kiba
Pet-lovers unite! (Just don't let Akamaru and Menka hear that)

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Ride the Lightning
[X] Well sure, you can mask your face and voice, but what about the other ninja tells? Smell (Kiba)? Chakra (Hinata?)?

Aside from Shika and Chouji, who do you wanna hang with now? Pick two.

[2] Menka (who I really should have included last time as an option)

[Zilch] Sasuke

[3] Kiba

[3] Hinata

[1] Ami

[5] Lee

[3] Neji clearly needs a rival to get him to lighten up. He's too bitchy to accept a friend at this point, but you're sure you can get around that.

[1] Trap-Making goddamn it, you're already top of the class, what more do you want?

[Nope] Handseals

[5] Taijutsu

[7] Chakra Theory

[4] Beginners' Weaponry

[2] Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount.

[N/A] I'm dreamin' in the mornin', dreamin' all through the night~

[4] Tessenjutsu innovation time!

[7] Ride the Lightning

[2] Well sure, you can mask your face and voice, but what about the other ninja tells? Smell (Kiba)? Chakra (Hinata?)?

[1] Hangin with your bros~ All your bros~ Even the ones that are technically girls~

Man, Napoleon was right; men really are led by toys. :)) All it took was introducing Lee and Neji to make ya forget all about Ami and poor widdle soon-to-be-a-Massacre-survivor Sasuke.

FurikoMaru said:
Man, Napoleon was right; men really are led by toys. :)) All it took was introducing Lee and Neji to make ya forget all about Ami and poor widdle soon-to-be-a-Massacre-survivor Sasuke.

We'll call that Attention Deficit Ooh, Shiny! Disorder.

I do still like Ami for being as plucky as she is, although the fact that's....kinda delusional is a bit of a turn-off (NOT THAT WAY!) I do like Kiba though, and I'd very much like to see a scene with him, Ino, Menka, and Akamaru. Sounds fun. The classes....honestly, now that we're apparently the best in trap-making, I'm chill with all the options.

Also, shouldn't Sakura have made it on the list, or is she in the same black hole as He Who Must Not Be Named?

Oh, or we could start watching plays in our free time. What was it Ino liked? Not Kabuki, something a little, um, earthier?

Sakura: I wonder if she's been beaten down by other kids yet? Maybe not, with Ami devoting more attention to us.

Kiba: Obviously, Menka and Akamaru consider Ino and Kiba to be the pet humans in the relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back