• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Also, shouldn't Sakura have made it on the list, or is she in the same black hole as He Who Must Not Be Named?

You sat next to her at one point back when you made the rounds of the classroom, but when discussing things not related to class she's really quiet. And not like stuttering Hinata-quiet, I mean one-syllable answers quiet. It's clear she's an only child who hasn't really worked out how to talk to people yet; all your boisterous attempts to draw her out just made her retreat all the more. You kinda got the impression she's scared of you. 's a shame; she seems like a nice enough girl, if a bit dull.

I'll let you in on a little meta knowledge: if you don't befriend her, it's a fifty-fifty shot she's gonna drop out.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

... have I given you any indication at all that the universe doesn't run on narrativium?

Guile said:
Oh, or we could start watching plays in our free time. What was it Ino liked? Not Kabuki, something a little, um, earthier?

Pure Takarazuka-esque cheese, with a side order of panto and a tall glass of commedia dell'arte.

Aside from Shika and Chouji, who do you wanna hang with now? Pick two.
[X] Sasuke - Massacre incoming!
[X] Hinata - Her Jyuuken is better.

What classes would you like to focus on for the next few months? Pick two.
[X] Handseals - Finger dexterity?
[X] Beginners' Weaponry

Free time! Whaddya do? Includes the option to do some of this stuff with the people you choose to hang with. Pick two.
[X] Tessenjutsu innovation time! - Assistance from Hinata.
[X] Ride the Lightning

FurikoMaru said:
You sat next to her at one point back when you made the rounds of the classroom, but when discussing things not related to class she's really quiet. And not like stuttering Hinata-quiet, I mean one-syllable answers quiet. It's clear she's an only child who hasn't really worked out how to talk to people yet; all your boisterous attempts to draw her out just made her retreat all the more. You kinda got the impression she's scared of you. 's a shame; she seems like a nice enough girl, if a bit dull.

I'll let you in on a little meta knowledge: if you don't befriend her, it's a fifty-fifty shot she's gonna drop out.

Interesting....well, I'm assuming you mean if we don't befriend her now.

... have I given you any indication at all that the universe doesn't run on narrativium?

*opens mouth*

*closes mouth*

....Okay, we're not in Pratchettian level coincidences, so I stand by not using the Discworld model. Also, we have yet to see someone bank a plan on succeeding because it is a million to one chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Neji
[X] Sasuke

What classes would you like to focus on for the next few months? Pick two.

[X] Taijutsu
[X] Chakra Theory

Free time! Whaddya do? Includes the option to do some of this stuff with the people you choose to hang with. Pick two.

[X] Tessenjutsu innovation time!
[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Hinata

Because we can be responsible for turning her into Jet Li, and that is hard to pass up.

Just trying to break the tie. It is tied right?

Scope said:
[X] Hinata - Her Jyuuken is better.

Not better so much as more efficient, as far as I can tell.

Which, of course, means when she reaches a similar level of skill and conditioning as Neji, she'll be considerably more effective then him. But until then, he can still drop the ocean on her.

Vindictus said:
Not better so much as more efficient, as far as I can tell.

Which, of course, means when she reaches a similar level of skill and conditioning as Neji, she'll be considerably more effective then him. But until then, he can still drop the ocean on her.

Well, first she has to reach his level of skill. Kind of a tall order, since asshole or not Neji is really freaking good. And if Neji ever smartens up and fights more efficiently, that widens the gap.

[X] Ami
[X] Hinata

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Taijutsu

[X] Hangin with your bros~ All your bros~ Even the ones that are technically girls~

[2] Menka (who I really should have included last time as an option)

[2] Sasuke

[3] Kiba

[6] Hinata

[2] Ami

[5] Lee

[4] Neji clearly needs a rival to get him to lighten up. He's too bitchy to accept a friend at this point, but you're sure you can get around that.

[1] Trap-Making goddamn it, you're already top of the class, what more do you want?

[1] Handseals

[5] Taijutsu

[9] Chakra Theory

[5] Beginners' Weaponry

[2] Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount.

[N/A] I'm dreamin' in the mornin', dreamin' all through the night~

[7] Tessenjutsu innovation time!

[9] Ride the Lightning

[2] Well sure, you can mask your face and voice, but what about the other ninja tells? Smell (Kiba)? Chakra (Hinata?)?

[2] Hangin with your bros~ All your bros~ Even the ones that are technically girls~

Tessenjutsu practice and elemental completionism have the lead in pastimes, Beginners' Weaponry and Taijutsu are tied (presumably if Neji wins some people are going to prefer punchy-kicky over stabby-stabby), and Hinata has a major lead (everyone is entitled to one free Dixie cup of Hymn's tears of impotent rage). Still unclear who's going to triumph for second place in the long run, Neji or Lee; either way, that's gonna get... interesting. >:D

Whelp, assuming the votes are locked, so I'll get a water cooler and a wheelbarrow of IV bags.

Although if they aren't, I'll switch from Menka to Neji, juuuuust to bring Neji up a vote for a deadlock~

I'll drop [X] Taijutsu to double up on [X] Basic Weapons

Eh, won't switch my Weaponry Vote myself, but to make it official...

[X] Menka -> Neji

I do think Taijutsu and the like are rather sub-optimal for us, but we aren't flush with exciting options so I'm not very surprised it gets voted for. Weaponry is more us. That said, I do concede that taijutsu makes more sense if we double up on Hyuugas...

[X] Sasuke
[X] Hinata

[X] Taijutsu
[X] Chakra Theory

[X] Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount. ;)
[X] Ride the Lightning

Besides, we don't want to steal Lee's rival.

That's not a problem if we pick Neji AND Lee.

Kinda tempted to switch over to that pair, just to bring them up to even with Hinata (in other words, to be a dick).

[X] Kiba
[X] Ami

[X] Taijutsu
[X] Weapons

Meh.

[X] Teach Ami to be a Smooth Criminal.

You know, we still don't know what her Family Profession is? All we know is that her dad 'doesn't see the difference' between it and Ninja.

I'm thinking she could be the one who needs to know how to yoink things most, if she doesn't make the cut. Either in the family business, or when she inevitably runs away from home.

I had thoughts similar to Chibi myself. Although mine were more along the lines the lines, "If Ami doesn't make it as a shinobi and gets into the the Yakuza, we should totally back her so she's a rising star, and she can be our informant.

[X] Hinata
[X] Ami

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Ride the Lightning

I was thinking closer to 'Ninja seduction missions :: Red-Light district Apartments By The Hour, Company Provided', but that's because my mind tends towards the worse possible scenarios, actually. Less bad if they're running the place and don't get involved in anything behind the doors, worse if not.

They could be morticians. All of that handling dead bodies would make them similar. Or, yeah, Yakuza.

But thing is, if we focus on her and ignore Sakura, then pinky's probably going to drop out and Ami fills her slot, and it's all a moot point.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I had thoughts similar to Chibi myself. Although mine were more along the lines the lines, "If Ami doesn't make it as a shinobi and gets into the the Yakuza, we should totally back her so she's a rising star, and she can be our informant.

o_O "Inosuke-kun..."

"Yeah, Riku-chan?"

o_O "There is a woman with tattoos down both her arms in your kitchen feeding your little sister."

"That's Ami-nee-san! She's probably my mom's best friend who isn't dad. She's really cool; she has this big villa in the country with a huge private hot springs out back - we go there every summer."

"I-is that so?" ._.;

"Yeah! And she lets me an' my friends make fireworks in her basement as big as we want, just so long as we're careful an' only test 'em in the park by the police station." :3

[X] Hinata

[X] Trap Making - Because I want us to be tomb of horrors level trap makers. :p

Don't mind the rest

[1] Menka (who I really should have included last time as an option)

[4] Sasuke

[4] Kiba

[8] Hinata

[4] Ami

[5] Lee

[5] Neji clearly needs a rival to get him to lighten up. He's too bitchy to accept a friend at this point, but you're sure you can get around that.

[2] Trap-Making goddamn it, you're already top of the class, what more do you want?

[1] Handseals

[5] Taijutsu

[11] Chakra Theory

[7] Beginners' Weaponry

[3] +1? Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount.
-> [1] Teach Ami to be a Smooth Criminal.

[N/A] I'm dreamin' in the mornin', dreamin' all through the night~

[8] Tessenjutsu innovation time!

[11] Ride the Lightning

[2] Well sure, you can mask your face and voice, but what about the other ninja tells? Smell (Kiba)? Chakra (Hinata?)?

[2] Hangin with your bros~ All your bros~ Even the ones that are technically girls~

Ooh, the race is getting closer now. I'm all excited.

[X] Hinata
[X] Lee

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Beginners' Weaponry

[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Hinata
[X] Ami

[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Trap making: Top of the class means you're judging yourself against other people your age, and is therefore meaningless. The faculty is a much better standard.

[X] Introduce someone to the art of the five-finger discount.
[X] Ride the Lightning

[X] Ami
[X] Sasuke
[X] Tiajutsu
[X] Chakra Theory
[X] Five finger discount
[X] Dreams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back