• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Guile said:
This is a damn good point. We should listen to this man.
We can learn genjutsu with our koto. Why do we need to use our fan for Ranton?
Because Gaante is not our only possible opponent.
And no others will agree to a rock off.

Vindictus said:
Temari and/or Kankuro might. Aren't they also in the band?
Temari is; no idea about Kankuro.
And they're both more serious anyway; they don't have a bijuu as a power battery after all.

I really mostly just want to recreate 'The Devil goes down to Georgia'. Bonus points if it's against Gaara, but I think we could manage even against Temari.

Before you say 'But it's not a serious fight', think about it- That's exactly a point. It's calling a person out and challenging them at their favored skill, wagering a comparatively 'Easy' win in the center of a death-tourney of blood, sweat, and tears. Do you take the challenge, risking the chance that your opponent is better at your hobby than you yourself are? Or do you refuse, and take the risk of loosing- Or even being seriously crippled during this fight, leading you to loose later?

In addition, if we pull it off then we show that we have good information gathering abilities, and can change the field of battle to fit our own needs when required.

... Plus Meta-wise, Furiko is fond of audaciously crazy antics. And turning the Chunin Exam Final Match into a rock-off to even your footing against a superior opponent? Hella audacious, there.

What better use could there be for a Zantetsuken?

Guile said:
This is a damn good point. We should listen to this man.

We can learn genjutsu with our koto. Why do we need to use our fan for Ranton?

You want to get into a ninjutsu war with the guy with Kage-class reserves and a lot more experience manipulating his sand?

Also, I remember references to the Koto being used by our mother to cast genjutsu? Nothing about ninjutsu. And using sounds has more precedent for genjutsu than elemental ninjutsu. But we'll see.

Not sure if Vindictus was referring to us or Gaara pulling a Nevan somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You want to get into a ninjutsu war with the guy with Kage-class reserves and a lot more experience manipulating his sand?
Also, I remember references to the Koto being used by our mother to cast genjutsu? Nothing about ninjutsu. And using sounds has more precedent for genjutsu than elemental ninjutsu. But we'll see.
Not sure if Vindictus was referring to us or Gaara pulling a Nevan somehow.
I think Guile was suggesting we dump Ranton altogether.

uju32 said:
I think Guile was suggesting we dump Ranton altogether.

Where do you get that? Didn't sound like that at all to me.

And I will note that while we have our scroll to help refer, we can't straight up replace chakra in our body, we have to pull and use, which may get tricky if we have to play and draw chakra with one hand.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Where do you get that? Didn't sound like that at all to me.
And I will note that while we have our scroll to help refer, we can't straight up replace chakra in our body, we have to pull and use, which may get tricky if we have to play and draw chakra with one hand.
That's certainly the vibe I got anyway.
I certainly don't wanna be casting during a rockoff, and genjutsu would be a better bet anyway.

uju32 said:

He sounded in favor of Ranton, just via koto instead of fan.

I certainly don't wanna be casting during a rockoff, and genjutsu would be a better bet anyway.

Eh. Depends what we can use and if Gaara is firing. He's a got a loooooot to throw at us, if so inclined, and a koto is not terrible portable.

On the plus side, with koto genjutsu we might be able to replicate other instruments.

uju32 said:
Interpreted "We can learn genjutsu with our koto. Why do we need to use our fan for Ranton?" as meaning that koto-genjutsu are sufficient for our purposes and learning how to use our fan to shoot lightning is unnecessary? Everyone else appears to have interpreted it as asking why we can't shoot lightning from our koto, which you have to admit would be quite metal.

Wow, I was REALLY unclear, huh?

But yes, given we can make genjutsu with our koto, and make Ranton with our fan, I don't see why we can't swing our koto spit lightning.

Using Ranton to make lightning during our killer rock koto solo isn't really challenging Gaara to a straight up ninjutsu battle.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
He sounded in favor of Ranton, just via koto instead of fan.
Really? No thanks.
Guile said:
Wow, I was REALLY unclear, huh?
But yes, given we can make genjutsu with our koto, and make Ranton with our fan, I don't see why we can't swing our koto spit lightning.
Using Ranton to make lightning during our killer rock koto solo isn't really challenging Gaara to a straight up ninjutsu battle.
This is a koto
Koto_(sou)-overview.jpeg

Not very portable, especially for a girl with Strength 0.9.
Besides, I wanna keep Ranton under wraps for as long as possible.

[X] "Slow down there boys, we don't even know if one of us will draw Gaara's number or get the chance to fight him. Not that I'm not appreciative of you two willing to put yourselves on the line for me, because I am. I really am. It means a lot to me.

Oh for- why are you blushing?

Ah, well, at least Neji got caught in the blowback. Take that, ya moody bastard!

[X] But has it occurred to you that I don't want to watch you two get pummeled either?!"

"You cannot expect us to stand back and watch a girl be beaten if we can prevent it!" Neji retorts. Lee nods vigorously.

"What does her being a woman have to do with it?" Tenten asks indignantly.

"Well..." Lee mumbles, embarrassed.

"You don't have to be down on kunoichi to notice that Ino's as weak as a kitten," Kiba says. "No offence, Ino, but there are kids in the Academy right now who could seriously do damage to you if they landed a hit, and Gaara is just as fast as you are."

Ami just shakes her head like she's completely given up understanding what everyone's priorities are.

[X] "Yes Ami, we're all hypocrites here."

You gently cuff Kiba on the head.

[X] "Look, how about this: we back each other up as much as we can in whatever way we can, so that in the case that we fight Gaara we're as well prepared as we can be. I'd suggest we swear not to take stupid risks to set each other at ease, but I don't think a single one of us would mean it. Not like we aren't already taking a stupid risk..."

Neji - surprise surprise - glares. "Training together can only do so much in such a short amount of time. When you step into the arena, you will still be alone."

[X] "Stop acting like I'm pulling some kind of tragic sacrifice. I'm not stupid. You two might be able to beat me silly in a straight fight if so inclined, but don't think I came into this exam unprepared. I walked in here with plans for how to kick your butts. I'll work something out for Gaara too. I wouldn't walk into the ring otherwise."

"Why must you always court disaster?" he growls, closing his eyes in barely-suppressed frustration.

Wow, it is seriously bothering him that you won't sit back and let him handle everything.

Welcome to the wonderful world of having friends more talented than you are. The bar's next to the fireplace, you're gonna need it.

[X] "It's not like Gaara wants to kill me or anything; he's definitely got enough self-control to keep whatever the hell is up with his chakra from leaving a smoking crater in Kiba's leg, so why should we assume he doesn't have enough to keep from caving in my skull?"

[X] "It's not like disaster's just going to go away. Life's more fun when you meet it head on."

[X] Write in.

[X] "It's not like disaster's just going to go away. Life's more fun when you meet it head on."

[x] incase you haven't noticed Gaara has a large degree of control over his chakra constructs and has a acceptable grasp of the concept of appropriate force. the fact that Kiba got off with a flesh wound is testament to that. the reason that chakra bullet responded so badly was likely a side effect of sealing it, which would have disrupted his control."

[X] "It's not like Gaara wants to kill me or anything; he's definitely got enough self-control to keep whatever the hell is up with his chakra from leaving a smoking crater in Kiba's leg, so why should we assume he doesn't have enough to keep from caving in my skull?"

I'm in favour of learning Ranton, since Ino seems to be missing any really damaging attacks.

FurikoMaru said:
Oh for- why are you blushing?
Ah, well, at least Neji got caught in the blowback. Take that, ya moody bastard!
Lol!
Even the murder machines of Konoha are not immune from teenage drama.
I wonder how much of this interplay is being caught by Akamaru/Kiba, with their noses.
Gai would be more amused if it wasn't for the subject, I guess.

We really need Fujiko.
FurikoMaru said:
"What does her being a woman have to do with it?" Tenten asks indignantly.
Good for you!
Poor Ami is probably wondering the same damn thing.

FurikoMaru said:
"Why must you always court disaster?" he growls, closing his eyes in barely-suppressed frustration.
Wow, it is seriously bothering him that you won't sit back and let him handle everything.
Welcome to the wonderful world of having friends more talented than you are. The bar's next to the fireplace, you're gonna need it.
Okay.
I was joking before, but Neji REALLY is playing the part of a Harlequin lead to the hilt.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Write in.
I really, really want to vote for option B.
I mean, option A is the sensible option, but the atmosphere has gotten way,way too serious in here.
Pop smoke, evasive action, dive dive dive.

Calling it now, first option leads to Neji have a minor bitch-fit over having faith in Gaara but (from his perspective) none/not enough in in Neji. :p

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Calling it now, first option leads to Neji have a minor bitch-fit over having faith in Gaara but (from his perspective) none/not enough in in Neji. :p
Good point.
Anti-drama countermeasures activate!

And challenge it to a game... Of CROQUET!

Kinda tempted to take a dig at Neji via his fate beliefs but I rather doubt it's gonna help things now, and I'm not sure it would make things better down the road. Unless we try to set up his belief in fate in order to disprove it later.

uju32 said:
Good point.
Anti-drama countermeasures activate!

Nah, drama is inevitable with that one. Life's more fun when you meet disaster head-on? We're telling that to the kid who lost his father and is essentially a salve, he got the short end of the stick when disaster struck. That could also end badly.

If we're going by harlequin romance, he probably wants to preserve our innocence, unlike his which was shattered. He loves our shining carefree heart~

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Kinda tempted to take a dig at Neji via his fate beliefs but I rather doubt it's gonna help things now, and I'm not sure it would make things better down the road. Unless we try to set up his belief in fate in order to disprove it later.
Just one problem: this Neji has said nothing about fate since we met him during this exam.
In fact last time he mentioned it was the academy.
Seeing as he is better adjusted than in canon, that might not be a current issue.

uju32 said:
Just one problem: this Neji has said nothing about fate since we met him during this exam.
In fact last time he mentioned it was the academy.
Seeing as he is better adjusted than in canon, that might not be a current issue.

No, he mentioned it I think. When we were talking about Suigetsu and challenging him. There was a "Don't tempt fate" comment, at least.

Although this is the kind of stuff we'd know about him, so we can just ask Furiko if he has this fixation still.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Nah, drama is inevitable with that one. Life's more fun when you meet disaster head-on? We're telling that to the kid who lost his father and is essentially a salve, he got the short end of the stick when disaster struck. That could also end badly.
Nope, LIFE is more fun when you meet it head on.
Disaster is easier to avoid when you can see it coming.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If we're going by harlequin romance, he probably wants to preserve our innocence, unlike his which was shattered. He loves our shining carefree heart~
*looks at Lupin*
Lol.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, he mentioned it I think. When we were talking about Suigetsu and challenging him. There was a "Don't tempt fate" comment, at least.
Although this is the kind of stuff we'd know about him, so we can just ask Furiko if he has this fixation still.
Let's ask the GM; sounds more like a figure of speech to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back