• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Scia said:
hm Hey listen
Could we go for something like that or would it mess up your plans?

The Princess Shadowknight/Retainer. ""I, Kuwabara Ami, do in this hour and place pledge myself to the service of Uchiha Sasuke, in the name of the Will of Fire.I'm dropping out of the Academy to better serve him" Sasuke can get ninja-help from anyone, but only one person can one day put the Family's resources at his disposal.
Basicaly be the Retrainer but also someone that is valuing outside interference.

That's essentially what the Rogue path is, plus additional explanation to the other morlocks in your class that they don't need to hear, because if they do, it could get back to your dad's bosses that you only want to join them out of allegiance to another.

Last edited by a moderator:
[7] The names of the capitals and major cities of the Elemental Nations. Start with something you already know, to get a feel for the process.
[Nada] Stitching patterns and their names. You're always mixing them up.
[7] Your promise to Sasuke. If this room should be remembered for anything, it's that.

[5] The Princess Knight. "I, Kuwabara Ami, do in this hour and place pledge my sword to the service of Uchiha Sasuke, in the name of the Will of Fire."

[5] The Princess Mage. *hug; whisper in ears* "When I find whoever hurt you guys, I will crush them."

[5] The Princess Rogue. "I'm dropping out of the Academy." Sasuke can get ninja-help from anyone, but only one person can one day put the Family's resources at his disposal.

I'm gonna be nice and give you a hint about something you don't care about. Mage is the route where Ami actually has a shot at Sasuke romantically, Rogue is the one where she pines for him forever and never gets over him, and Knight is the one where the two of them eventually settle into a friendship.

You mean we aren't going to turn our friends into a cabal of swingers?! I am shocked and appalled!

Hmm. Sasuke and Ami as a romance has some potential. I tend to like friendship stories more than romance though.

Rogue....gotta admit, I like Ami enough that the idea of her never getting over him or moving on, after giving up being a shinobi for him, is rather depressing.

Eh... I don't want to have Ami loose her chance at taking over the family later on, so I'll switch to

[X] Mage

The Family doesn't mind if the boss is a Nin, right?

urgh rouge is cooler but I would like her getting a shot at him..

Aww, you don't want Ino and Sasuke to start dating? Bond over planning revenge on Itachi, ruining him and taking him for all he's worth?

[JK] Rouge princess. Because we are going to be a pretty makeup princess!

Seriously though:

[X] Rogue Princess, although I'd recommend we finish the academy first, or at least close to it. Just purposefully fail our graduation test or something. Ninja skills might be useful in the Yakuza. Once we are in a safe, quiet place with only Ino and Sasuke explain it to them fully, you are not so good ninja and they already have lots of ninja help. On the other hand, yakuza connections could be useful to them, and that's something the others couldn't give.

[7] The names of the capitals and major cities of the Elemental Nations. Start with something you already know, to get a feel for the process.

[5] The Princess Mage. *hug; whisper in ears* "When I find whoever hurt you guys, I will crush them."

Vindictus said:
The Family doesn't mind if the boss is a Nin, right?

Considering how mob takeovers usually work, I doubt they'd have time to say anything before she roasts them all and scatters the ashes.

Yeah, Ami's main element is Fire. What? A Katon user in Konohagakure? Going by the wiki, it's a hell of a lot less likely than you'd think among named characters, unless you're an Uchiha. I figured she should have the canon 'normal' elemental affinity for her place of birth, to counteract her chakra-flow prodigy speshulnis.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Aww, you don't want Ino and Sasuke to start dating? Bond over planning revenge on Itachi, ruining him and taking him for all he's worth?

You make it sound like you want them to have a hatesex threesome, dude. :-\

FurikoMaru said:

Hey now, let's not discount perfectly viable possibilities here.

As a side note, what would it take to convince a certain Sannin to make an aged up clone of one of the Uchiha brothers?

Ami, at least this Ami, is actually pretty damn good at being a ninja. Well, at being a Naruto sort of ninja, anyway. She's better in a straight up fight than Ino, that's for sure.

She'd be a great kenjutsuka, and anyone that's read my first quest knows I adore the extra punch the right katon gives to ninja tools.
FurikoMaru said:
Hey! Ami deserves to be in there too, she hates Itachi with all the purity of a young girl!

Nah somehow i am not a fan of InoSa or whatever the portmanteau name would be.

Ami could be our swords(wo)man best friend, who also happens to rule the Yakuza with an iron fist. Although given the wording of that oath she may be more loyal to Sasuke than us....

I gotta admit though, I am deeply amused at the idea of Sasuke getting in bed with a Yakuza Queen, and reinstating the Uchiha Police Force somehow.

Wow, that is pretty tempting.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Ami could be our swords(wo)man best friend, who also happens to rule the Yakuza with an iron fist. Although given the wording of that oath she may be more loyal to Sasuke than us....

In her mind, she's prioritizing her crush who just lost his entire family and powerbase over her best friend who was just in the hospital. She's not completely unaware of how clans getting wiped out works in her father's business, so she's going for the one of you who needs her more.

FurikoMaru said:
In her mind, she's prioritizing her crush who just lost his entire family and powerbase over her best friend who was just in the hospital. She's not completely unaware of how clans getting wiped out works in her father's business, so she's going for the one of you who needs her more.

Which is perfectly reasonable.

I'm just torn. Ami clearly has the potential to be a bitchin' sword fighter. Menka's cool and all, but I can't deny I like Ami more. Mage just seems a waste of potential, when she could study under Hayate or something and become a fucking monster with a blade. Ami versus Zabuza, GO!

Wave would never be the same again.

But...the just friends thing is good in some ways, less good in others. Also, it would be the most gloriously twisted end to Ami's perfect little fairy tale that she 'corrupts' the son of an officer and drags him into straight up crime. And they live happily ever after~

Oh, Mage doesn't mean she can't study the sword. Hell, considering the kind of ninjutsu she's demonstrated the most aptitude for so far is chakra-flow, the Mage route is almost unplannable for me if you do make her give up kenjutsu.

Oh, excellent! I feel a lot better about mage now. Now we just need to figure out which legendary sword to steal for her~

The problem is just that the Yakuza Queen is not getting the Boy.

Well, I'm gonna go for a walk; sunny days are rare in Van and I'm just catching the tail end of one. I should be an hour, maybe more. After that voting closes. Abayo.

Scia said:
The problem is just that the Yakuza Queen is not getting the Boy.

Pretty sure Furiko said that a shinobi can head the Yakuza. Seeing as takeovers are usually pretty bloody and all, Ami could head the Yakuza. By staging a takeover.

Of course, that route is presently out of character, and comes with a shitload of politicking after the fact that I don't think you'd have much fun with.

Also, vote's closed. I am a filthy liar, apparently.

Teach us, Jigen-sensei!

A thick cloud of smoke hangs over the bar; Nina Simone wails from within the heart of the jukebox, and the booths are upholstered in red leather. The bartender spots all of you entering, and waves you in the direction of a corner booth at the back of the long room. Jokes are cracked about Strider that leave the bartender staring after you blankly as you make your way past the pool tables.

Someone comments under their breath that if this bar isn't occupied entirely by crooks they'll eat their foot, and wonders aloud if this means you're gonna meet Ami's dad. Another astutely points out that since this all looks like real world America, but with bars you can still smoke in and jazz in the air instead of classic rock, you're more likely to run into a Lupin character.

This person is later vindicated when you arrive at the last booth on the right and encounter your rumpled, black-clad sensei.

Pleased t'meet ya, kids. And don't get any ideas with that title; it's just Jigen. Anyone lookin' to play 'naughty schoolgirl', you go talk to Lupin or Goemon - that's their scene, not mine. Don't let bushido-boy try and deny it, either.

Right, where was I? Yeah, okay, the skirt running this charade hired me to give you the low-down on how best to improve the assassination skills of the little girl you're pretending to be. I guess she felt bad about not giving me more screentime. Pagetime? Whatever. I was between jobs and the pay's not bad. From now on, if there's a prolonged tie or you hit a Bad End (which I doubt you will, seeing as this broad GMs with the training wheels on) you can come here and learn how not to fuck up.

*takes a long drag to punctuate his sentence* ...I don't harbour any false hopes about you actually learning anything from these experiences, a'course; you did decide to play as Lupin, after all.

First order of business: those of you worried about having to 'tear down' bits of memory palaces in order to modify them are takin' the 'house' part of the 'house of memories' thing too far. It's in your head, guys; you can just warp it into whatever you want. You got that elemental training for a reason, y'know - it wasn't to hand you a paintbox, it was to give you a framework to work with when you're just starting out so you don't jump into designing R'lyeh right off the bat. It constricts what you can do into something more manageable.

*grins around his cigarette* Why all the surprised looks? Didn't think I could read a book without pictures?

Anyway, what you need know now, with this deadlocked vote, is that you're picking your future specialization, here. Do you want to be good at building palaces that can store a lot of information related to a topic, which'll make it easier for you to pass that information on to other people in an organized way? Or do you want to get good at preserving emotional and spiritual information and all that hippie crap?

Hell, because I'm not an overgrown brat like your GM, I'll even tell you about the option you've completely ignored: it'll make it easy for you to store complex information. That's what it says in her notes, anyway - couldn't tell ya what the italics are supposed to indicate.

Right. Lesson's over. One of you buy me a whiskey sour and everyone get the hell out.

Thank you Jigen-sensei! Everyone, do your best!

Workin' for fangirls. What the hell am I doing with my life? -_-

[X] The names of the capitals and major cities of the Elemental Nations. Start with something you already know, to get a feel for the process.

I'll admit I'm voting this for a very childish reason.

It's because Jigen-sensei called the other winning option 'hippie crap'.

This feels a bit like a trick here, on multiple levels. I thought we were picking something thematically appropriate, not deciding what we specialize in.

Clearly storing lots of information is very useful. Of course, so is storing complex information. The sewing and stuff. I'm actually kinda partial to that. The emotional stuff....I am not an emotional person and am not partial to it, but to be entirely honest? The hospital scene, remembering the promise? That feels by FAR the most appropriate. It resonates the most strongly. Everything else is just so utilitarian that it feels positively bland in comparison, even if I like the benefits better.

Just my two cents.

The idea of a liar and deceiver whose mind is defined by emotions and the promises she's made would be an interesting contradiction, but I prefer the concept of someone that reaches for as much as they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back