• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Actually, that's just the reason you're this badass this quickly. If this were a normal reincarnation deal like what hypothetically happens in real life, you'd still probably develop Awesome by Analysis, you'd just be a teenager or an adult by the time you'd mastered it. Y'know, the way you did last time.

[X] "Yeah, I figure if I'm ever going to be able to evade the cops at will, I should start small and work my way up."

[X] "Yeah, I figure if I'm ever going to be able to evade the cops at will, I should start small and work my way up." ;)
-->[X] Slyly- "Of course, if Sasuke's not good enough to stop some random girl from stealing his fighting style, he's probably not going to get very far..."

Heh, looks like I will have to start checking this board a bit more often now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've ever had such a universally positive response to anything I've written before.

This is actually kind of creepy; can someone PM a mean person to give me concrit and tell me I'm being so flippant about everything that nothing I write is of any literary substance, or something?

Selias said:
You're a tool, and this story is shit.

A valiant effort, but I'm afraid I was talking about a mini-review or an MST3K or something. A criticism that takes effort and time, to show how much the person thinks it sucks. I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop when it comes to that kind of thing; I'm a bundle of neuroses.

Surely if you just keep writing the slip-ups, errors and weak sections will compound and draw more stalwart and sour complainers-that would seem to give you what you want, yes?

FurikoMaru said:
A valiant effort, but I'm afraid I was talking about a mini-review or an MST3K or something. A criticism that takes effort and time, to show how much the person thinks it sucks. I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop when it comes to that kind of thing; I'm a bundle of neuroses.
Ah. Sorry, but I actually enjoy this, if it wasn't clear from my taking part in it. Keep your hopes up, though. I'm sure somebody can come up with some criticism.

[X] "Yeah, I figure if I'm ever going to be able to evade the cops at will, I should start small and work my way up." ;)
-->[X] Slyly- "Of course, if Sasuke's not good enough to stop some random girl from stealing his fighting style, he's probably not going to get very far..."

FurikoMaru said:
Actually, that's just the reason you're this badass this quickly. If this were a normal reincarnation deal like what hypothetically happens in real life, you'd still probably develop Awesome by Analysis, you'd just be a teenager or an adult by the time you'd mastered it. Y'know, the way you did last time.
Your comparison to Synaesthia and the we've had that talent since we were born make me think otherwise.

Larekko12 said:
Your comparison to Synaesthia and the we've had that talent since we were born make me think otherwise.
Kinda wondering why you're arguing with the DM about how her world works. Do you expect to win?

Meh. It's kind of a grey area. What you inherited from Lupin wasn't so much the ability itself as a certain mode of thinking that he developed over the course of his life that complements the skill - the result of developing the skill in himself. Having that mode of thought without the reason for its existence, you sort of reverse-engineered the skill by virtue of thinking in the ways that support it; one part of your brain was like, "Okay, I guess we're doing things this way," and then another part was like, "Wow, this makes catching details and remembering shit a lot easier. Keep it up!"

If you hadn't had the boost that passive memories gave you, you - being a ninja heir - would probably have eventually acquired the skill the normal way and the supporting thought-processes thereafter.

When I compared it to synaesthesia, I was only saying that both abilities are such a normal part of their possessors' (that is, synaesthetes' and Ino's) everyday lives that the thought of being without them isn't entirely comprehensible. I was not intending to indicate that they are both lucky mutations of the thinkmeats.

[X] "Yeah, I figure if I'm ever going to be able to evade the cops at will, I should start small and work my way up."

Shisui looks vaguely uncomfortable at that, as though he wants to laugh but he can't at that kind of joke when there are witnesses.

[X] Slyly- "Of course, if Sakkun's not good enough to stop some random girl from stealing his fighting style, he's probably not going to get very far..."

"I told you!" Sasuke says, pointing at you insistently and glaring at Shisui. "She's got a Sharingan!"

"Sasuke," Shisui says patiently, "people can still copy taijutsu moves and learn things from observation without a Sharingan; it's just a lot harder."

"I don't find it particularly taxing," you say, shrugging. "I mean, you look at stuff and listen to stuff, and then you do it. How else do people learn to do anything?"

The wild-haired teen looks impressed. "You must have a really excellent control of your body, then, Yamanaka-chan." He claps a hand on Sasuke's shoulder. "Ah, you're gonna be a lucky guy later on in life, Sasuke, with a girlfriend like that."

[X] Laugh. Uproariously. You and a Lollypop? "Sakkun's not my boyfriend."

[X] Frown. C'mon, Shisui, you're only six. "Sakkun's not my boyfriend yet."

[X] Snicker. "Do you really think you're the best person to be giving Sakkun relationship advice? You can't even get a date hanging out with the Clan Heir."

[X] Look incredulous. "Dude. Did you just make a sex joke about a six-year-old girl? ... aren't you supposed to be a cop?" *take Sasuke's hand and pull him away from the potential molester*

(Can you guess which of these options is the GM's pet? :p)

[X] Snicker. "Do you really think you're the best person to be giving Sakkun relationship advice? You can't even get a date hanging out with the Clan Heir."

[X] Look incredulous. "Dude. Did you just make a sex joke about a six-year-old girl? ... aren't you supposed to be a cop?" *take Sasuke's hand and pull him away from the potential molester*
-while picking his pockets

Because this ones actually funny, and he Hasn't made any sex jokes about us.

'Excellent body-control' and 'Sasuke being lucky to have such a girlfriend' isn't a sex joke to you? o_O I thought Spacebattlers were more attuned to perversion than I am; is it just the mods, then?

Sidenote, when I was on the forum list, it showed only "Cosmos Quest Nar..." in the recent activity box. I half expected it be Cosmos from Fairly Odd Parents instead. Because it would be awesome! :p

[X] Oh geez, that's right, you lollipops go for strength (if only she wasn't 6, the phrase 'boners for murder' popped into my head). Oh geez, did I just get married? What will I tell mom?

Ranma 1/2's Chinese Amazons, the Uchiha, same difference.

[X] Frown. C'mon, Shisui, you're only six. "Sakkun's not my boyfriend yet."
and

Stat sheet update.

FurikoMaru said:
Champloo-ryu (Basic) - Need a cool new way to hit someone? Use that fancy punch someone threw at you last week. Taijutsu moves you have stolen/modified for personal use include those from the following styles/schools:
-> Konoha Ninja Academy Style
-> Uchiha Family Style

I also decided to streamline the stat sheet a little bit. It was gettin' crowded.

[X] Laugh. Uproariously. You and a Lollypop? "Sakkun's not my boyfriend."

[X] Laugh uproariously. "Like Sakkun is a good enough thief to steal my heart~!"

[X] Go for the low blow

"She's not my girlfriend!" Sasuke says indignantly.

You snicker. "Do you really think you're the best person to be giving Sakkun relationship advice? You can't even get a date hanging out with the Clan Heir."

Shisui staggers back as if struck. His mouth drops open, and his left eye starts twitching in disbelief. For a moment he's speechless; the only sounds he can make are little choking noises. Finally he manages to blurt out, "S-so cold..." And he retreats to a corner of woe.

Sasuke blinks in surprise. "You broke him."

;) "Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

"... are you sure you aren't some kind of Sharingan thief?" Sasuke asks suspiciously. "'Cause there is one in town; I heard dad talking about it with mom."

"Why would I want someone's eyes?" you ask, cocking an eyebrow. "I already have two perfectly good ones."

"Then do you have some sort of Byakugan offshoot?" he persists. "You don't have pupils, just like a Hyuuga."

"I have pupils!" you protest. "You just can't see them 'cause of stuff I can't talk about with people outside the clan. And no, no Byakugan."

His line of inquiry exhausted, Sasuke seems to be wondering what the hell he can say next.

"... wanna walk home together?" is what he finally decides on, for lack of anything better.

[X] "Sure." Lollypop or no, Sasuke seems like a nice enough kid.

[X] "Nah. It'll just make everyone in class decide we're boyfriend and girlfriend, like Shisui-baka did."

[X] "Sure! Ne, can we hold hands?" Sure, you're too young for boyfriends now. But there's no reason you can't start laying the groundwork for future developments. ;D

[X] "Sure." Lollypop or no, Sasuke seems like a nice enough kid.

Nice or no we'd be letting Lupin down if we didn't teeeeaaaase.

[X] Tilt head to side. "Nah. It'll just make everyone in class decide we're boyfriend and girlfriend, like Shisui-baka did." Begin imitating Sasuke-fangirl voices as best you can: thoroughly embarass him with the notion of how much heat that'd be.
[X] Laugh at his flustered face. "Come-on sourpuss, how about I race you-bet you're too slow~"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back