• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

iamnuff said:
[X] Ask Mr Clever to lead you to the bathrooms. Hey, you're a girl; why would you know where the men's washroom is? ;)
-[X] leave ami on guard with the fake jewels, she's better at straight combat.

wait, the jewels are fake, do we even need to leave anyone to guard them?

hell, where ARE the real jewels anyway?
Kind of hard to use them as the bait for a trap if nobody is there to spring it. Well, I guess Menka might be able to, depending on how strong he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean spring it?

they grab the fake jewels, then leave, we still have the real ones.

we win.

we don't actually need to kick the shit out of them you know, we just have to not let them get the jewels until the mission ends.

iamnuff said:
what do you mean spring it?

they grab the fake jewels, then leave, we still have the real ones.

we win.

we don't actually need to kick the shit out of them you know, we just have to not let them get the jewels until the mission ends.
OR, it's found out that we lost the "jewels," and we have to reveal that we hid the real ones so we don't get sent back to Konoha as failures. Then the person who stole them goes to find the REAL jewels. Or maybe the person who stole them examines them more closely after stealing them, finds out that they're fakes, and searches for the real jewels. Better to catch the thief.

Hey Furiko, don't suppose we could retcon into existence procedures for when shit goes downhill? Like, hurling flares/flash tags/et cetera into the sky as a signal? So if we don't see anything from Kiba, we either assume he's got it under control or that shit's gone so far downhill we do not trust Kiba to defend himself.

And in the latter case then why on Earth did we send him out alone?

[X] Kiba's a big boy who can take care of himself; prepare for enemy arrival.
-> [X] Acting practice time! Be all official and serious and stuff.

Cause sending more of our team out into a trap just seems foolish. Kiba's got himself and Akamaru, I'm assuming he's actually considerably better off with his partner than he is without. How good was Jou anyway? Above average, in which case probably a lot better than Sorato's flunkies?

I don't think they're gonna try a hostage thing either. The point here is for Sorato/his flunkies, but mostly Sorato, to not get caught. I think he's trying to split up the team to give him an easier shot at the loot.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hey Furiko, don't suppose we could retcon into existence procedures for when shit goes downhill? Like, hurling flares/flash tags/et cetera into the sky as a signal?
I gave you guys extra days to plan all the various stuff you wanted to do to prepare back when things were being set up; if you didn't think of it then, unless you come up with one mother of a write-in and give up a Zantetsu slash, I'm not giving you past-editing software. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

FurikoMaru said:
I gave you guys extra days to plan all the various stuff you wanted to do to prepare back when things were being set up; if you didn't think of it then, unless you come up with one mother of a write-in and give up a Zantetsu slash, I'm not giving you past-editing software. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Damn. Was kinda hoping for, "Hey, we have Intelligence 5, we can say we planned ahead for things reasonable for the characters to think of that the players forgot."

But if not, fine, we are already getting into the confrontation.

[X] S-A-TUR!-DAY!-NIGHT!

Ami's on her feet and heading out the door before her name is even out of your mouth. "Lead the way, oji-san."

"Wow," the other footman says nervously awhile later, "we're really clearin' out quick, aren't we?"

"Hey, don't worry," you say. "Anyone looking to pick a fight with us isn't gonna be interested in hurtin' you. Isn't that right, Shinyuu Sorato?"

"... you've got good eyes," Sorato says, stepping out of the shadows by the door.

The poor old timer nearly falls off the bench. Staggering to his feet, he looks back and forth between you and Sorato, the colour rapidly draining from his face.

"You went for grey instead of black in the end," you note.

"Black stands out too much in the shadows," Sorato explains.

Congratulations, you're qualified to be the TA for a second-year Academy class. "Doesn't seem to have done you much good, either way," you comment.

"True," he says, smiling. "But then, I wasn't expecting to be expected, if you follow me."

"You'd make a shitty ninja," you snicker.

"No worse than you," he replies, nodding at the trunk the gameboard rests on. "Hiding the jewels in plain sight? You don't think much of me, do you?"

"Nope!" you say bluntly, grinning as you slip your goggles down over your eyes.

[X] Fight!
-> [X] How?

[X] Chat!

[X] Sense!

[X] Retreat!

[X] Combo~?
->[X] Have it your way at Thief King!

Wait, so Sorato was here the entire time? Cause it sounds like he was, and us pointing him out only happens after Ami leaves.

No, no, he started skulking around the doorway after Ami left.

Lovely. And now our only serious fighter that's not a hidden trump is gone. Yeah, that was a waste of Ami. And I think calling out Menka right out the gate is also a waste of that surprise factor. Fun.

Well, I sure as hell do not want to fight him directly, so I'm inclined to stall and hope it gives our teammates more time to return. Or let Menka get into position for a sneak attack, that works too.

[X] Chat!

C-C-COMBO PLATTER!

[X] Chat with him, but keep an eye on his posture, position, and any potential weapons of opportunity you and he might have if a fight were to spring out that moment. Also examine him for any potential hidden weapons- You remember the story you were told about his 'Black Eggs', and don't feel like going blind any time soon.
-->[X] If you think you can pull it off, subtly signal Menka to move into position for an ambush during your conversation.
-->[X] If an exceptional opportunity presents itself, abuse it for all it's worth.

That give you something to work with, Hymn?

Menka's inside the carriage, FYI. He's keeping an eye on the real loot.

FurikoMaru said:
Menka's inside the carriage, FYI. He's keeping an eye on the real loot.

So the only way of subtly getting Menka out is by verbally saying something, and even then we could give away the position of the real loot by Menka being forced to leave and be spotted/heard, and means he has to sneak into position when he's sword kitty, which probably isn't happening.

So our ace in the hole, one good fighter left....is essentially indisposed.

Whelp, hope the people who voted to send Ami away weren't counting on Menka to fight for us.

Vindictus, I'm going to stick with chat because no brilliant plans come to mind, I'm too tired for originality and creativity, and getting the kid monologuing seems viable. Getting Menka into position really isn't viable, and I'm getting a very "Be concise" feel from Furiko's vote choices. Sort and sweet here, and I'd rather eat up time for now. I'll reconsider after sleeping, but for now? Yeah, running out the damn clock seems like a fine idea. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky Sorato will do something desperate like drop a smoke bomb, grab the whole chest and run thinking her got away clean. Kid's got a big head, he might actually think this kind of crap will work.

So yeah. My goal at this point essentially boils down to talking and if it comes to a fight be a dodge whore and hopefully hit him with a genjutsu or shintenshin. And hope he can't break our genjutsu. All while waiting for our fight heavy teammates to come back and Sorato either gets desperate or we try to outnumber him.

Well, stalling is a valid tactic when you have more backup than the other guy.... We're sure we have more back-up, right? I'd hate to find out he had accomplices keeping our team-mates busy and there was no way to get him talking long enough for them to return in time.

i thought the real loot was hidden far away? the fake one is in the carriage. having them both in the same place is utterly retarded.

besides, menka should have woken up when shit started going down, if he's still napping and actually need to be told "hey, ambush this guy for me" then I'm going to lose all respect for him.

[X] stall/distract, be ready for a sudden attack, especially black eggs.

SolipsistSerpent said:
Well, stalling is a valid tactic when you have more backup than the other guy.... We're sure we have more back-up, right? I'd hate to find out he had accomplices keeping our team-mates busy and there was no way to get him talking long enough for them to return in time.

Eh, I'd bet that Ami and Kiba can thrash Sorato's flunkies. Seriously, if those two get ambushed by said flunkies or beaten, what the hell. Jou says they're all middle of the pack or lower.

I don't think anyone's coming to Sorato's aid. He strikes me as the type to think his first plan is always gonna work. Guess he COULD have contingencies, but he seems the cocky type. So I am betting on Kiba and Ami winning.

....Seriously, if they lose I am going to be pissed. At them for losing and voters for sending both of them out like that.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh, I'd bet that Ami and Kiba can thrash Sorato's flunkies. Seriously, if those two get ambushed by said flunkies or beaten, what the hell. Jou says they're all middle of the pack or lower.

I don't think anyone's coming to Sorato's aid. He strikes me as the type to think his first plan is always gonna work. Guess he COULD have contingencies, but he seems the cocky type. So I am betting on Kiba and Ami winning.

....Seriously, if they lose I am going to be pissed. At them for losing and voters for sending both of them out like that.

My personal assumption for sending Ami out was that while Kiba might get overwhelmed if he's on his own [Well, with Akamaru] it's VERY unlikely that both of them together will do anything but rapestomp the attackers in short order. If I'm correct, it shouldn't be long before they're both back.

At the same time, I honestly believe we're capable of handling the asshole. Although, having Menka maybe indisposed makes that more difficult then I thought.

Vindictus said:
My personal assumption for sending Ami out was that while Kiba might get overwhelmed if he's on his own [Well, with Akamaru] it's VERY unlikely that both of them together will do anything but rapestomp the attackers in short order. If I'm correct, it shouldn't be long before they're both back.

At the same time, I honestly believe we're capable of handling the asshole. Although, having Menka maybe indisposed makes that more difficult then I thought.

That's assuming Ami FINDS Kiba, to be frank.

Seriously. It's a trap. These guys aren't clever, but sending Ami off to the wrong area and keep her and Kiba from meeting up isn't hard to imagine. These guys are doing divide and conquer, splitting up the reinforcements is just the same thing.

As for Sorato, in direct combat we can't do much but dodge. I'm hoping our Hand Seals are fast enough to nail this chump with a genjutsu before he crosses the room, but seeing as he's an arc villain that seems way too optimistic.

Well nothing prevents us from cheating here. Why fight the Martial arts monster when we can hit him with a case of Hell or Paradise viewing. Or using our ability to throw our voice and imitates voices to make it appear like someone else is closing in from outside?

Scia said:
Well nothing prevents us from cheating here. Why fight the Martial arts monster when we can hit him with a case of Hell or Paradise viewing. Or using our ability to throw our voice and imitates voices to make it appear like someone else is closing in from outside?

If we can get them off, and it's rather hard to be sneaky about that kind of stuff when he can see us flashing hand seals perfectly well. We're standing in full view of each other here.

iamnuff said:
i thought the real loot was hidden far away? the fake one is in the carriage. having them both in the same place is utterly retarded.

besides, menka should have woken up when shit started going down, if he's still napping and actually need to be told "hey, ambush this guy for me" then I'm going to lose all respect for him.
The real loot is in the sealing scroll you use for a suitcase, which is in the carriage and impossible for any non-ninja to open; technically it's set so only you can open it, but it's not a massively complex seal, so any jounin or chuunin who knew enough about seals could get it open if they had to. And that's if they figure out that you already 'stole' the dowry.

The fake loot is in Nabiki's trunk, which, as part of an extra level of security, you've hauled out of the carriage as a fake hiding-in-plain-sight move (not actually as stupid as it may sound, the trunk isn't in great shape). If Sorato were dumber, he'd go into the carriage to search, find nothing, and come back out to search the stables for the goods, all of this buying more time for Asuma/Ami/Kiba/Akamaru to come back. Since he isn't that dumb and recognized the trunk for what it is, he feels clever, so he's now going to get a little lazier in his thinking and not bother thinking about where else the jewels could be unless he examines the loot closely, which will also you buy time.

I would put it to you that sending the dowry far away is a much more foolish thing to do, since that actually being a move that keeps the valuables safe depends on any number of factors you can't control.

As for Menka, I'll remind you that a) he's a sensor too, though not a great one, and b) he has been previously stated to dislike napping. He's awake and aware that Sorato has shown up, but he's not going off to your rescue unless the situation gets really sticky really fast; he knows that you may have a cunning plan that you don't want him to fuck up by blowing his cover. One of the carriage windows is open, so he can hop out if he really needs to intervene.

Uh, great reasoning and justification for why our set-up is solid, that was enjoyable to read, but what's really setting off warning bells for me is that Asuma is apparently not present and watching. Which seems to imply he is instead watching Kiba/Akamaru, and now soon adding Ami to that list.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Uh, great reasoning and justification for why our set-up is solid, that was enjoyable to read, but what's really setting off warning bells for me is that Asuma is apparently not present and watching. Which seems to imply he is instead watching Kiba/Akamaru, and now soon adding Ami to that list.
Asuma isn't watching any of you. He's on a date, remember? >:D

[X] Keep him talking. "Okay boss, so how's this gonna go down? I mean, you show up tomorrow with the dowry, they're gonna know what's up. And that's after you kill me to keep me from telling who took 'em, I guess? Maybe my buddies too, so they don't come looking. Did you put any work into this plan at all?"
Ino knows that monologuing is half the fun of pulling a caper.

[X] After the monologuing, consider pulling the old 'wow you're so awesome and sexy, and I like shinies too, we should join forces' gambit. He seems like the type to fall for it (I'm kinda seeing this guy as the Lupin of the martial arts world).
Everybody knows ninja have no honor, after all.

eh, how fast can we drop a genjutsu on this Motherfucker?

just checked out statsheet, we don't actually have any offensive techniques, unless you count genjutsu, our only "attacking" skill is our "intermediate" Tessenjutsu. (Do we even have a Taijutsu rank?)

then again, the utility of our basic jutsu can't be overlooked.

Kawarimi/Bushin/Shunshin tricks to make him lose sight of the real us, then use them to stall for long enough to complete Hell-Viewing.

he's probably pretty fast, hits pretty hard and has some nasty tricks, but he's no ninja. I seriously doubt that he has any way to break Genjutsu, or any counter for Kawarimi.

if we fuck up too badly then Kitty will probably save us.

Guile said:

we already insulted this guys intelligence, I really don't think that sucking up is going to help.

even he can't be dumb enough to not notice that us suddenly going from "no, i really don't think much of you" to "wow, i'm your biggest fan" is obviously a trick.

[X] smacktalk to stall for time, if/when combat breaks out, Kawarimi out of melee then Bushin it up, follow that confusion with Hell-Viewing.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I said stall, not fight. All they have to do is keep them busy long enough there's no chance of interfering with our encounter with their leader. Plenty of non-violent ways to do that.

[X] Intoxicate your brain with what I'm sayin'

"I take it Ami and Kiba won't be joining us?"

"You don't bring friends on a date," Sorato replies cheerfully, taking the seat the footman just vacated. "Don't worry, my associates have orders not to kill them."

You sigh. "Well, that's unfortunate. If you came at us with the intent to kill you might actually have a shot at holding them." You lean against the carriage casually, the signal for Menka to standby to engage.

"Why should I kill you?" Sorato asks, genuinely surprised, if not a little hurt. "I'd like us to be friends, if we can."

You cock your head to the side. "I have to admit, I'm curious; why do you think that's an option?"

"If you know who I am, then you know I can pay you and your team much more handsomely than the Rouga can," he says smoothly.

"Oh?" you ask. "If that's the case, why can't you just buy the jewellery yourself instead of tangling with Konoha and the Rouga?"

He shrugs, palms up: "Ah, who am I to deny the whims of an angel? Sei-chan wants a shiny from this trunk," he pats the impromptu-table, "and a shiny from this trunk is what she will have."

Well, that's a relief, anyway; he doesn't know anything about the true nature of the dowry.

"Nice to see you know how to please a lady," you comment, voice dripping with ironic detachment.

"I could please you too, if you like," he smirks.

[X] Laugh your ass off.

[X] Raise an eyebrow. "K, I realize neither of us are terribly moral people, but you do know most women find two-timing a turn-off, right? Also I'm thirteen." (In a month and a half, but who's counting?)

[X] "Va te faire enculer chez les Grecs, toi!"

[X] Laugh your ass off.
-->[X] "Oh wow. You're not even being subtle about it! You realize I'm, like, twelve? Or do you even care, ya pedo?"

[X] "Va te faire enculer chez les Grecs, toi!"

I have no idea what this option is, but it's in red so it has to he good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back