• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

So, say someone broke into my house to do horrible things to my family and I shot them in defense.

If I were to kick them in the bullet wound and draw immense satisfaction from it, that makes me a bad person?

If so, bring on the Villain cape because I'm Evil and motherfucking proud of it.

TheOtherSandman said:
So, say someone broke into my house to do horrible things to my family and I shot them in defense.

If I were to kick them in the bullet wound and draw immense satisfaction from it, that makes me a bad person?
Kinda, yeah. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but...

Yeah, as it is murder and violence are questionable with respect to morality, and we shouldn't debate them here since we're doing them and theft a lot in this Quest.

But there's, "I do it because it's necessary/my job," and, "I do it because it's fun." Kicking people while they're down veers towards the former.

It quote Pratchett to the point that it's tripe, but he put it best:

If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat.

They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar.

So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.

Not a murder situation, but I find it fitting. As I often do.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmh changing to thanks to the arguing.
[X] "Ami, put the sword away, you're scaring the horsies."

Locked. I'm going grocery shopping, I'll start writing when I get back.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I mean the, "I wanna watch him writhe in pain because it amuses me."
You know some of the people voting for this option may be meaning it as a joke to relieve tension rather than a serious statement of intent. Tone of delivery will count for a lot.

[X] She ran callin' "Wildfire~!"

Whether by the power of friendship or the power of pretty beasts of burden, Ami slowly sheaths her sword and alters her course to approach you instead. Her eyes stay on Sorato, however.

"Kiba, tie him up," she orders, adding to the boy on the ground, "and if you get any ideas about escaping, just remember I can burn your vile little face off with or without my sword."

"... why?" Sorato asks, again trying to sit up, face red from crying, nose beginning to run. "Why...? I just tried to make you happy!"

You laugh, and feel a rush of relief that you still can. It has a touch of hysteria to it, but at the moment you'll take what you can get, comedy-wise. "Ya really think sex in a barn is the proper way to make a 13-year-old girl happy?"

He shakes his head vigorously as Kiba pulls his arms away from the wound they've been clutching at and behind his back to be bound. "What? No! Not sex, I wouldn't! We aren't even married!"

Kiba glares at the back of his head. "That's the point you take issue with?" he asks, disgusted.

"It's not like I was going to hurt her!" the boy protests.

"That's right!" Mei says, yanking on the rope Menka's binding her with, trying to get down to where her boyfriend is. "Sorato-kun would never hurt a lady!"

"I have heard more men make that claim than you've had warm baths," Ami says, almost under her breath. She gives you the once-over. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"... I think I will be," you say.

To your surprise, she hugs you. After a moment you return the embrace, ruffling her hair.

"Of course she's okay!" Mei shrieks, Menka having finally hauled her over. "Sorato-kun's the one who's bleeding! You've got to take him to a doctor!"

"What a coincidence," Nabiki says, "I'm a doctor."

She's in an Edajima School gi, with her hair pulled back in a topknot. Asuma is on her heels.

She glides up to where Sorato is lying and, crouching, examines the wound. "Asuma-san," she says, "there's a medicine chest in the carriage. Fetch it for me if you would?"

"Yes, ma'am," your teacher replies.

Your eyes bug at the state of his shirt. "Wow, that's, uh... that's a lot of blood."

"Most of it isn't mine," he says mildly, ducking into the carriage.

"Hello, there," Nabiki says to Sorato in a sympathetic tone. "I'm Rouga Nabiki. What's your name?"

"Sh.. Shinyuu Sorato, ma'am," he says hesitantly.

"Nice to meet you, Sorato-kun," she says. Nodding in thanks as Asuma brings her her medical kit, she continues: "I'm going to do what I can to save your knee, but in exchange I need you to tell me how it happened."

"That little witch stabbed him for no reason!" Mei says, jerking her head in your direction. "She seduced him to get close enough to kill him!"

You're still reeling at the sheer balls on this girl, lying in the presence of at least two witnesses, when Ami slaps her in the face.

"Ino is not that kind of girl," she says, a 5'8" tower of fury.

You feel the urge to point out that being that kind of girl might sorta be your job, but decide to shut up and enjoy the moment.

"Ami-san, please," Nabiki says softly. She goes to work on Sorato's knee, carefully cleaning the wound and picking out the shards of patella for reassembly. Sorato winces at her every touch, but makes no audible complaint.

"If Ino-chan's intention was to seduce Sorato-kun," she asks, "why is she here, standing guard over my dowry, and why isn't Sorato-kun in his dormitory with the other second-year boys?" She gives Sorato a dead-eyed look. "Or, if you must be out of bed, in Momotaro Hall, helping the seniors fight off the attackers?"

Kiba suppresses a younger-brother smile.

Nabiki doesn't end up using anaesthesia.

=

"Why didn't you call me out sooner?" Menka asks fretfully as the pair of you settle down to sleep.

"Please don't start, man," you groan. "Asuma was bad enough..."

"You know my sensing range isn't as wide as yours," he says, curling up at your feet. "How am I supposed to keep you safe if all you do is try to go it alone, all the time?"

"What would you've done, stabbed him for me?" You roll over. "The greatest ninja in the world can't sit back and wait for her yojimbo to finish off one measly rapist."

"You're not the greatest ninja in the world yet, Ino," Menka says flatly. "You aren't even the greatest ninja in this stable."

He rubs his face on your ankle. "I love you, sis, and I know one day you're going to be able to run rings around the Sannin. But you're on a team. You don't have to do everything yourself. There're going to be enough situations we face when we're outnumbered or I can't get to you; there's no need reason to make more of them yourself."

You don't say anything. You just lie there, in the dark, until you fall asleep, to dream of close calls, one in a million shots, and the unerring sword.

=

Pick your desired Omake:

[X] Doin' Time

[X] Ami and Kiba's Bogus Journey

Message received, loud and clear.

No whether to see Sorato screwed or forget about him and learn about our teammates....

Also, does Sorato actually believe that he wasn't doing anything wrong? Maybe the reason that he was allowed to stay, but not continue martial arts, was because he has some form of mental retardation? So, he was actually thinking something like, what he did wasn't wrong, because he was "making her happy."

Selias said:

Also, does Sorato actually believe that he wasn't doing anything wrong? Maybe the reason that he was allowed to stay, but not continue martial arts, was because he has some form of mental retardation? So, he was actually thinking something like, what he did wasn't wrong, because he was "making her happy."
You can always pick his omake and find out.

[X] Doin' Time

Yeah, alright. Bogus Adventure is Kiba and Ami being sent on their wild goose chase, right?

[X] Doin' Time

I am actually interested in Sorato.

[X] Doin' Time

I want to learn what gave Sorato the idea his plan would end in anything other than a punishment for him.

Selias said:

from what he said, it seems like he might not have even been planning that at all.

he did seem pretty suprised when we mentioned sex on the floor of the barn.

[X] And in turn I will teach the bravest of thee

He knows the cell he's been put in rather well. During his ample free time he's explored areas of the school most of the other boys never go; the giant private pantry Kuroashi-sensei brought with him when he accepted the job of home ec teacher/chef, the spotless and practically abandoned girls' washroom, and, of special interest tonight, the holding cells.

Built back when the Edajima family first converted their compound into a martial arts' school, the cells hosted any number of notorious bandits during the school's heyday. But that was in the past, when the trials to enter training had been so strict and the standards to which students had been held had been so high that the compound might as well have been the heavens themselves; every teacher a paragon, the headmaster a wise judge, a father to his students and staff alike, and the pupils noble in spirit and strong in arms, such that they were looked upon by the populace as legend made flesh.

Shinyuu Sorato would give anything to have lived in those days.

But he'll settle for picking this lock and getting the hell out of here. He reaches into his pocket for...

... he checks the other pocket.

"It's no use," a cool female voice says from the shadows under the window. "She took them."

Startled, Sorato jumps back in a ready stance, but stumbles to his knees with a low cry.

The woman rises from the chair she's been sitting in for god knows how long and closes her book. Setting it on the low table beside the chair, she looks at Sorato over the top of her reading glasses with a small smile.

"Destiny doesn't seem so friendly when it comes to collect instead of to pay, does it?"

"Sukaha-sensei," the boy pants, struggling back into a standing position. "What happened? You... you said I'm a hero! You said no matter what challenges I faced I could win if there was even a small chance of winning!"

The woman looks unimpressed. "I said you have the power of a hero," she says, "and that if you weren't a complete idiot it was almost impossible for you to lose to a normal person."

"And you were wrong!" he shouts, pointing at her dramatically.

"Oh was I, now?" She laughs under her breath. "Believe me, boy, if you weren't a cut above in raw power and luck, I'd have told poor Hazuki how to deal with you and be done with it."

Sorato stares at her in shock. "But... you were the only teacher who..." He goes quiet. Her expression doesn't change.

"... I thought you liked me," he whispers.

"No you didn't," Sukaha says curtly. "That would imply the possibility that I didn't like you had occurred to you at some point. What you did was assume I liked you."

Light dawns. "... you hired the ninja," Sorato says in shock.

"I made the suggestion to Nabiki, yes. The last thing we need in the months ahead is a little shitheel like you running around without supervision."

The boy sinks back down onto the cot. "You think I would betray the school?" he asks, obviously hurt.

"You just did not an hour ago," the woman says with neither hesitation nor disapproval.

"... well, so what if I did?" he demands, turning on a dime. "What reason have I been given to be loyal to these people?"

"They didn't kick you out when you permanently blinded someone, they let you paw at your woman in class, you're the only student allowed to go off-campus for lunch, and their punishment for your attempted burglary-rape is to hand you over to the proper authorities for a trial in the morning, rather than letting Mirioni teleport your arms off your body tonight," Sukaha lists flatly. "They also took you in when your father died."

"They were paid to do that!" he says derisively.

"Believe me," Sukaha says, "there is no amount of money in the world that could induce me to take in a noxious brat like you. Be thankful your father named Hisui your guardian and not someone with a less forgiving heart."

"Why?" he asks, a year and a half of pent-up frustration pouring out of his mouth. "Why does everyone in this school treat me like a leper? Are you all just jealous of what you know I can achieve? What have I done to deserve this?!"

"Well, tonight you molested a twelve-year-old girl," Sukaha says dryly, "though I suppose you can't be expected to remember that most people consider that a crime; you are, after all, a very busy young man."

He leaps to his feet, ignoring the pain. "I DIDN'T MOLEST HER! How could you even think I would do something so vile?!"

"Because you did, that's how. It's all over her face. You think I don't know trauma when I see it?" The teacher spits. "Shit, I've been in more battles than your father's been in girls."

A look of doubt crosses the boy's face. "... but that's... that's not what the Kikka family style is for..."

"Really?" Sukaha casts a sidelong glance at the boy. "Hm. Maybe you shouldn't have used it for that, then."

Whatever tough façade Sorato might have had shatters. "I... you're lying, you have to be lying!" Anger and humiliation well up from within. "You just want to keep her from me so I can't show her true happiness! If I'd been allowed to finish she wouldn't have been a ninja anymore, she'd have been a woman! She wouldn't have had to kill for money, she could have had a whole new life!"

"Yes, yes, congratulations," Sukaha says, sounding slightly bored now, "you're one of the 'good' rapists, well done. Now return to reality, boy, and deal with the fact that it's a miracle you're still alive to have this conversation; she could have just sliced off your balls and left you to bleed to death."

"What?" His expression is one of horror unending. "But... that's insane. She's insane! Who is this girl?"

"... a girl born with the power of a hero," Sukaha says slowly, "who, if she isn't a complete idiot, it is almost impossible for a normal person to defeat." She shakes her head, and picking up her book, retakes her seat. "Honestly, did you take the Partial Deafness flaw to boost your Luck?"

And a pointed look into Sorato's psyche. So very, very much hypocrisy.

Selias said:
In all fairness, Sorato didn't understand that comment any more than Ino understands her dad's bizarre theories about her head guys. It was just an inside joke on Sukaha's part.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And a pointed look into Sorato's psyche. So very, very much hypocrisy.

It's almost like telling youngsters they are super-special and can do anything is a bad idea.

Although he's a particularly loathsome example of how it can turn out, I've seen worse.

FurikoMaru said:
>:D That's what you think happened here? Oh, dear me, no, it's worse than that.

She's not kidding, it really is so much worse than you think.

I suspect we're both curious as to whether anyone will figure it out what's going on. Hey Furiko, maybe you should offer a Z-Slash to whoever figures it out. Whet the appetite a bit.

Might have to toss people a hint to get them sniffing in the right direction though.

Well, give it time, see if anyone can figure it out on their own. Be impressive if they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back