• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Also, this is going to strip enough of the glitter off Ino's worldview. Let's not compound it with murder on our first trip out of the village, hey?

[X] <"MENKA!">
[X] Kunai.
-> [X] In his knee. The last thing you want when you stand up is for him to be mobile.

A thought; isn't he pretty big, and mostly on top of us? And he only needs to touch us to mess us up?

Stabbing him in the knee isn't necessarily going to get him off (heh).

Guile said:
A thought; isn't he pretty big, and mostly on top of us? And he only needs to touch us to mess us up?

Stabbing him in the knee isn't necessarily going to get him off (heh).
That's why we also scream for Menka. Plus, he probably wouldn't resist as much when we shove him off, if he has a kunai in his knee.

Also:
FurikoMaru said:
I should note you aren't actually outright paralysed, you just have frankly terrible self-control when it comes to overcoming sexual stimuli. Once you get him, however you do, you can jump right to your feet with no worse than a headrush.

[X] Fire, to destroy all you've done

*whooshsnikt!*

"<MENKA!>"

Sorato screams in agony, flailing almost comically as he topples over. The horses let out similar sounds of distress; one of the stallions the footmen were watching earlier rears in fright.

Menka is out of the carriage window and at Mei's side before she can so much as blink. With a simple full nelson and a foot to the back of her knee, he has her on the ground. She shrieks Sorato's name and struggles, cursing you with surprising fluency.

You pull your kunai back out with a vicious twist, rising to your feet in a single fluid motion.

"I knew you'd see it my way," you echo dryly.

Tears are streaming down Sorato's face as he stares up at you, wordless wails issuing from his mouth. He tries to get to his feet, but his knee gives out immediately, leaving him kicking at the ground uselessly.

"You harpy!" Mei screams. "You heartless monster!"

"Funny, I was just about to say those exact words to you," Menka hisses, tightening his grip on the still-struggling girl.

"Ino!" Kiba calls from outside, skidding to a stop in the doorway, Akamaru hot on his heels. The puppy catches a whiff of the room and growls viciously, something you've never seen him do before.

"You?" Mei asks, confused and wincing. "But... the traps...!"

Kiba dismisses her with a wave. "Lady, I went to school with Uzumaki Naruto. I'm not about to get tripped up by some civilian's after-school project."

"Is she all right?!" Ami demands, whirling inside, sword in hand. Her eyes fall on you, and then on Sorato. They narrow instantly, and her blade ignites.

"What did you do?" she roars, storming down the aisle.

Fuck. Of all times for her to finally pay attention...

[X] "Ami, calm down! If he dies before she can question 'im Nabiki'll be pissed! We might not even get paid!"

[X] "Hey, don't kill him! How's he supposed to writhe in pain for my amusement if he's dead?"

[X] "Ami, put the sword away, you're scaring the horsies."

[X] Write-in

Yes. Also, the Imperial March was a nice touch.

[X] "Hey, don't kill him! How's he supposed to writhe in pain for my amusement if he's dead?"

[X] "Ami, put the fire away, you're spooking the horsies."
[X] "Call it a lack of appreciation for novel tactics that bit me in the ass. Of course, if you kill him he can't properly appreciate my own tactic, which I call 'kunai in the knee'. Not exactly the stuff epic poems are made of, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out."
How can we start repressing this whole event if Ami keeps dragging it out?

Fire sword, eh? Somebody's been practicing.

Guile said:
Fire sword, eh? Somebody's been practicing.
I thought she could do that since we were like, 8-10, or something? Or was it just that she could channel chakra into it? It's been a while since I've read that part, so I might be misremembering.

Selias said:
I thought she could do that since we were like, 8-10, or something? Or was it just that she could channel chakra into it? It's been a while since I've read that part, so I might be misremembering.
She's always been able to channel her chakra into weapons. She was assigned to Team Five because Asuma's a master of doing it with elemental chakra. Her affinity is for fire, so instead of razor wind extend-o-blades she gets Confutatis! Maledictis! Flammis acribus addictis!

[X] "Ami, calm down! If he dies before she can question 'im Nabiki'll be pissed! We might not even get paid!"

time to act like a professional, even (especially) when we don't want to.

the question is, why the hell is Ami so pissed?

she walked in to find whatshisface with a leg wound, and his little girlfriend in a headlock. us standing their, slightly drugged, but apparently fine.

how exactly does she even know what he was planning?

Her reaction makes he seem like she walked in on us half naked or something, rather than having been subjected to about two seconds of inappropriate touching and a kiss (not even on the lips)

Don't get me wrong, what he was about to try was super fucking creepy, and made him a villain who's easy to hate both for us questers, and for the characters. but they have to KNOW what he was about to do before they get all enraged at him.

did he hang a fucking sign above the door or is our condition a hell of a lot more obvious than it sounds like?

....Oh man oh man, someone taunted or told Ami about what Sorato would probably do to us, didn't they? And maybe to her too. That's why her first question was asking if we're alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

My thoughts on the votes:

[ ] "Ami, calm down! If he dies before she can question 'im Nabiki'll be pissed! We might not even get paid!"

We confirm to Ami that yes, something bad happened. I don't think this'll calm her down, if anything she'll just get more pissed. Whether we get her under control....who can say? Definitely shows some professionalism. Whether an appeal to professionalism will work when Ami's this emotional....

EDIT: Well.....not really confirm, more like avoid pointing it out, but for some reason I hear a note of, "Yes, there is a reason for you to be angry here." Guess it could work, but she seems pretty pissed and us telling her to calm down doesn't seem like it would calm her down. Take this assessment with a grain of salt.

[ ] "Hey, don't kill him! How's he supposed to writhe in pain for my amusement if he's dead?"

DEFINITELY confirm Sorato did some shit. Ami gets even more pissed, Ino apparently takes a vindictive streak or pretends to have one. Not exactly out of character either. Sorato probably isn't gonna end up dead, but Ami might get in on kicking the crap out of him.

That's....not really behavior we want getting out, to be honest, but eh. This is already a shitstorm. Yay for first missions gone horribly wrong. Asuma is going to have so much to say about tropes and protagonists.

[ ] "Ami, put the sword away, you're scaring the horsies."

What I think has the best chance of calming her down fast. Surprisingly mundane that might jar her.

Of course, she may also think, "Why are you so calm?! What's going on?!" So yeah, this could backfire. It's the only choice that doesn't pretty much outright confirm that something horribad went down though.

*looks at votes*

Anyone else get the feeling we're becoming what we hate? Like how Sorato was so delighted by blinding Hazuki.

So Shinyuu pulled a little bottle out of his pocket and threw it at his face. Hazuki-sempai's, I mean, not Shinyuu's.

I don't know what was in it, you'd have to ask him yourself, but when it shattered, Hazuki-sempai started screamin'. Shinyuu got in one punch before the teachers separated them, and the second they declared the fight over he let out this... this happy whoop, like a little kid at his birthday.

Hazuki-sempai wasn't more than ten feet away. We could all still hear him crying, still see him thrashing while the nurses were holdin' him down to sedate him, and here was this kid doing a victory dance without a care in the world.

So... as the 'responsible' one we should just calm everyone down, the situations dealt with, no reason to (outwardly) delight in his suffering any more?

SolipsistSerpent said:
So... as the 'responsible' one we should just calm everyone down, the situations dealt with, no reason to (outwardly) delight in his suffering any more?

Well, if we WANT to keep things from escalating and possibly getting a rep for what we've done and our satisfaction.

Less, "What should we do," and more, "What kind of person do you want to be." With a side of, "How do you want shit to go down in the next five minutes."

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
*looks at votes*

Anyone else get the feeling we're becoming what we hate? Like how Sorato was so delighted by blinding Hazuki.
Not at all. Sorato blinded someone, because he couldn't take the guy in a fair fight. We stabbed some guy who was trying to rape us.
iamnuff said:
the question is, why the hell is Ami so pissed?
Deductive reasoning. Everyone is super-pissed at Sorato (including Akamaru, who apparently has NEVER snarled at ANYONE), Sorato (who is a huge player) is bleeding on the floor, and we look out of it. Plus, there's this:
"So," Sukaha begins briskly, "first off, you want to be on the lookout for a blond senior named Sorato. A massage girl next door promised that she'll marry him if he brings her a nice enough piece of jewellery. You can expect him a few hours before dawn tomorrow morning. He's a fuckup, but he's a lucky little fuckup, so don't underestimate him. You hear me?"

"Yes'm," you say meekly.

"Good. He'll be dressed in black, so he should be easy to spot. Also, don't let him touch your bare skin if you can help it."

"Why not?"

"Because things will go badly for you if he does." Somehow she manages to be blunt and vague at the same time.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I mean the, "I wanna watch him writhe in pain because it amuses me."
Once again, not at all. He was enjoying the suffering of someone that he blinded because he couldn't take the guy in a fight. We are enjoying the suffering of some guy that tried to rape us.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
...You're the kind of person that thinks that Batman killing the Joker would make him just as bad as the clown, aren't you? ::)

Selias said:
...You're the kind of person that thinks that Batman killing the Joker would make him just as bad as the clown, aren't you? ::)

No. There's a difference between killing/maiming a person and enjoying the act or suffering of the victim. See us giving the knife a twist as we took it out.

At no point did I say we're as bad as Sorato. But enjoying his suffering like that? Yeah, not hard to see that being the first step down a slippery slope.

Killing and sadism are two different things. In this particular case, crippling and sadism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back