• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

No I don't think we aren't going to get answers and honestly I really like having more questions cause it means I have something to think about when I'm bored il probably come up with tones more possible answers which will spawn new questions most of both will likely be wrong but thats the kind of thing I do for fun I haven't even mentioned a fraction of the possibilities I have thought of all without researching possible sources cause that would drain most of the fun for me

Give me a choice of questions to get answers to I will want to ignore the choices and pick Z all of the above

The real question is if she's turning into a Seelie (Summer Court) or an Unseelie (Winter Court) fae.:D

The real question is if she's turning into a Seelie (Summer Court) or an Unseelie (Winter Court) fae.:D
Assuming she's from a system where those exist, the methods of distinguishing them are incredibly varied and inconsistent after all.

Assuming she's from a system where those exist, the methods of distinguishing them are incredibly varied and inconsistent after all.
It all breaks down to behavior. A Unseelie fae will stab a knife in your heart while smiling at you; a Seelie fae will be your best friend while manipulating those around you to stab you in the back. Very different methodologies.:p

It all breaks down to behavior. A Unseelie fae will stab a knife in your heart while smiling at you; a Seelie fae will be your best friend while manipulating those around you to stab you in the back. Very different methodologies.:p
Ah but that's assuming it's so simple, for I've seen settings with greatly varied approaches from making you incredibly happy and fulfilled with life by secretly blessing you before sending everything into a spiral of despair for their amusement to genuinely kind hearted and invariably nice forms to the ones where it really doesn't matter in the slightest and it's just another race. Tons of variance involved, as long as they're not turning into something like the first example though considering they were technically one of my more interesting attempts to design some interesting fae, more like sadistic gods then conventional fae really.

Sadistic gods can pretty much sum up the highest class of fae, depending on the system of course, but I'm mostly referring to the lore and mythos IRL about the fae.

You want a fun interpretation of the fae? Check out The Dresden Files' version of them, especially the Queens.

Ahh FOUND IT! Just found this on FF.net and read it there. Glad I found the actual quest so quickly, pretty sad I never noticed it before this though, I was on QQ pretty much right before I looked at the New Worm fics on FF. God I love Google, very first link.

[X] Power up lodge
[X] Round up the drugs owned and bring them here storage.

Hmm, so that for now. The real goal however is to figure out which god we're best sacrificing them to and to do so, the catch being that we don't really know much of the gods OOC and I certainly don't know them well enough to know which would appreciate a massive pile of drugs being burned in their name. Assuming they can even access this world anyway, considering they're real with a huge sacrifice it could be possible though. I mean unless the fact we contain gods allows us to burn them in our honor for a power boost but that's pretty unlikely.

Last edited:
[X] Healing ritual
[X] Round up the drugs owned and destroy them.
Time to sacrifice some drugs.

I dont know how offerings to gods work. Its like offering the drugs to a god of hedonism that likes that or like burning them to ask for redemption to a god of healing ?

[X] Healing ritual
[X] Other
-bring the drugs here because we are going to offer everyone a choice
--once the cravings start we send them into the field created by the ritual to show it works
---then everyone gets offered there share of what the despoiler turned the Merchants Guild into
----they can destroy it and join as we bring the Merchants Guild back to its former economic glory
----or keep it and leave the Merchants Guild forever

Because you can't save people who don't want to be saved and trying only makes more work for the rest of us. We will save the innocent and send those who want what the despoiler wanted away. They can take there share and leave us alone. The Merchants Guild is under our protection now this is there only warning

Last edited:
Or we could take the drugs and sell it off to a 3rd party gang and use the capital to go legitimate.

Or we could take the drugs and sell it off to a 3rd party gang and use the capital to go legitimate.
...Words can't describe how BAD an idea that is... And I know some impressive words, lol.

OK, we never did get an answer when I asked what benefits the lodge gives us. For example, would a more powered-up lodge give a bonus to the roll to see if the ritual is successful (and more importantly decrease the risks of a failed ritual... those are always...messy)? Will it extend the time the ritual lasts before needing to be recast? I really need to know a bit more about the basic 'game' mechanics to fully weigh the pros and cons before making some of these decisions.

I know we need the lodge; I know it's FAR better if the lodge is fully powered-up; I just don't know a single thing about what the lodge actually does.

Also, once cast, how long will it be before the ritual needs to be recast? (AKA, will we be able to do the ritual one day and work on the lodge the next, without having the ritual effects wearing off?)

One last thing... Have we only spent 1 day empowering the Lodge, or have multiple days gone by?

If it's only 1 day, then regardless I'd say empower the lodge, while Transporter gets everything setup with the Merchants, then cast the ritual the next day, when everything's been set up. In fact, I'd say that's the best plan, since you gather all the drugs up, don't let anyone take them (unless they hit full withdrawal and NEED to, medically). Then the next day, when they're all starting to feel the 'need', with a pile of drugs in front of them, you do the ritual and take all their cravings away in the most dramatic way possible.

Gonna save my vote for a few hours to see if any of the questions get answered first.

[X] Healing ritual

[X] Power up lodge

Orders
-[X] Other - "Spread the word to have everyone gather tomorrow afternoon so I can start the process of curing their addictions. They can bring any remaining drugs then"

I think it's important to get the lodge fully powered sooner rather than later... Before things get too hectic from all the butterflies we've set loose. Because once we've turned the Merchant's into a proper Merchant's Guild... Well, we all know how the S9 react to parahumans that work to improve things... Best get our defenses fully setup before their needed.

Also, the benefits of performing the ritual immediately are minimal, most of the Merchant's are spread throughout the city and won't even get the news to gather for several hours.

The benefits of performing the ritual tomorrow when everything's setup are better, since it'll hit all the merchants from the start, maximizing the usage we get out of it, and give us 2 more days to work on the lodge before needing to recast it (I assume we would be going with the 3-hour variation).

Better dramatic effect if the effect starts during the meeting, but that would depend on when the effect starts, at the start or the end of the 3-hour empowering portion ritual.

You know, thinking on it... My idea to ask Mr Nibbles about a cure for the addictions probably saved us 2-3 weeks developing a cure ourselves, and now we stand to have the Merchants fully cured before the Protectorate realizes the Merchants are under new management... And won't they be surprised when they come to confront the new leader, and he greets them by handing over the Merchant's complete stash of drugs, and find the Merchants are now... Merchants, lol. The Merchant Guild's first job: cleaning up the boat graveyard, and starting a bunch of businesses in the docks... reopening the Ferry while their at it. What is that voice in my head screaming in elation about her father's dreams coming true?.

[X] Power up lodge

Orders
-[X] Other - "Spread the word to have everyone gather tomorrow afternoon so I can start the process of curing their addictions. They can bring any remaining drugs then"

[X] Power up lodge

Orders

Last edited:
[X] Power up lodge

Orders

Ok your plan sounds better I still think we should give them the choice to leave some of them might want to be drugged out idiots best to get rid of them so they don't bring everyone else down

[X] Give money to make album

It's not like we even understand the value of whatever money we have at this point and we have a habit of chasing the most recent shiney thing that crosses our vision.

This is gonna bite us in the ass I think. Something like being accused of mastering people with our song album.
Im ok with it.

[X] Give money to make album: might as well benefit from this capitalism thing people are yammering on about.

If you can't trust merchants to know when they see a good opportunity to make some money you can't trust them for anything

[X] Give money to make album.

Well... Selling music that has mood altering properties (assuming that carries over to a recording...). Why am I suddenly reminded of a certain bird-themed cauldron cape, currently singing her life away in the Birdcage?

Actually, this might give us a chance to meet Canary before that unfortunate incident happens, and possibly warn her of the true nature of her powers, preventing her stay in the Birdcage, and her farce of a trial.

What could possibly go wrong? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back