• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Can you show me around?
[X] Do you know anything about building defenses?
[X] Other: If you're gone doing something again and something urgent comes up that I need to speak to you about, is there a way for me to contact you? Like a phone or something?

[X] Can Mt. Flufflekins come with me through the gate?
[X] Do you know anything about building defenses?
[X] Other: If you're gone doing something again and something urgent comes up that I need to speak to you about, is there a way for me to contact you? Like a phone or something?

[X] Can Mt. Flufflekins come with me through the gate?
[X] Can you show me around?
[X] Can you teach me?
-[X] Quickening

[X] Learn to quickening and some defenses
Mr Nibbles seems fairly responsible I doubt he would offer if it was likely to harm us like last time when we had to choose one or the other cause both would harm us hell even Rana is careful not to offer to teach us more than our soul can handle plus we just had several days rest when we had been going one boost per day one of which (eating the fruit) was probably more than our soul could handle by itself

[X] Ask two more question
-[X] If I learn quickening and stick a piece of my soul in my lodges defences, what would happen to me when I loose that piece of my soul?
-[X] Will my soul recover and get more soul stuff to replace what I took out or will I have to reclaim my bit of soul if the defences fall or I take it out, if it's even possible to take out once I put it in?

[X] Learn defenses and quickening.

[X] Learn quickening and some defenses
Also since you are the only mage casting the ritual you can only add so much power so they would be rather weak, unless you find other mages to help you."
Good thing PRT (or was it Cauldron?) projections have them outnumbering regular parahumans within a month or two.
We are so going to destroy our soul.
Fae nature to the rescue! We've had around 3 days now, maybe 4, since our last soul-mod. MORE than enough time for a Fae's soul to stabilize.

That said, perhaps next set of questions we ask Mr Nibbles about the state of our mind & soul (get brainstorming Flabby, heh). He's likely to be able to tell us a good bit about it, maybe put us on the path to becoming 'Taylor' again.

Flabbyknight, I must say, I feel a little bit cheated with the "can you show me around" question. You gave a completely literal answer, without addressing the core bit of the inquiry. You could have easily mentioned one or two of the safer areas to visit, and a definitive 'NO' to one or two others. As-is, you just force us to ask again (using another of the ever-so-rare questions) with slightly different wording: "[list songs we can hear]What areas are safe for me to go to, and what areas should I avoid at all costs?"

Also the soul recovering is just my fancy way of saying you have spent all your xp, go get some more and come back to buy this upgrade. You are not going to kill you're spending xp.
So OverReactionGuy.... Over reacted? (pun most definitely intended:p)

And I get what you're saying about limited time, but I'd assume when you list a song as a destination, you have a basic idea of what you're going to have at the destination. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to add in a line, after saying he can't take you anywhere, saying something like, "Lies and Steel should be safe enough to visit, but STAY AWAY FROM THE SHEEP!!!!" It's literally only one more line of dialog.

Last edited:
I will not condone a visit to the sheep until we hear the story about how it almost destroyed the multiverse...

[X] Keep the fic as is

I'm just not a fan of dark stuff.

[X] Keep the fic as is but allow for sparing use of darker stuff

I like both so it doesn't really matter to me but no reason not to try to find a nice balance between dark and lighthearted necros seems the type of personality that would deal with the darker stuff shrug and go well that happened then proceed to act all lighthearted again

Last edited:
[X] Allow for darker stuff

You can still have light-hearted humor when dark things are going on, just not as often. I believe TanaNari termed it "mood-whiplash." He used it quite often in Amelia. This fic is actually eminently suited for mood-whiplash, it would suit Necros perfectly.

I would vote for Necros remaining mostly light-hearted, it's obvious Rana's given her quite the vicious streak, but she should only pull that out when seriously threatened, such as the fight with Lung.

Necros' enemies on the other hand... We've already seen Emma is going down a VERY dark path; throw some dark humor into her scenes, and scenes with similar darker characters, so that it doesn't change the stories status as humor story, and everything should be fine. Maybe throw in a completely serious/dark chapter every now and then, as long as it's inter-spaced with humor.

[X] Keep the fic as is

not a fan of the darker stuff.

[X] Keep the fic as is

One of the things I've really liked about this quest is that chaotic/funny alignment. That said, you've done a pretty good job of the dark humor. I mean, seriously: we brainwashed and kidnapped a highschool girl, had a psychotic episode complete with self mutilation, and then had flashbacks to a long period of incarceration and torture and I was laughing the whole time. Most of the other-PoV chapters have been right and proper worm dark, though, and I find I enjoy that contrast between that and Nekros' PoV in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back