• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Talk to parasites

I thought we were told by the rat not to do that
No, we were told not to attack them.

Also, Flabbyknight, Is it just me, or has Necros' randomness gained a much more bloodthirsty tint recently. It might make more sense if it happened right after a "learning session" with Rana, but it seems to me that almost since the timeskip there hasn't been a single Necros-centric chapter that didn't have her casually mention killing people for comedic value.

Yes, she had a bloodthirsty streak, but it wasn't a main facet of her personality; now it seems to be...

[X] Do they have any idea who would send ghosts bees after them?
-[X] Have they desecrated any ancient Indian bee farms, lately?

Well Rana has definitely effected Taylor's views on killing so Taylor isn't really fighting against the more homicidal parts of Necros as much, but keep in mind that she has reason to be pissed of more then usual lately what with Coil and the PRT kidnapping her family and then Riptooth attacking the Transporter. Before nobody had ever really had succeeded in hurting anyone she personally cared about so while she got mad it was usually something she could let go. The fact she also hasn't got back at any of these people as left her in a more vindictive mood.
I think I noticed it starting a bit before she found out about the PRT kidnapping Danny (and the funny part, Calvert works for the PRT, so she's actually right about that... in a way). And you imply a continuity of emotion I've not seen in Necros on anything else.

[X] Who would send bees after you?

You wanted to kill Cold damnit.

Necros: See Dragon? You stop us from killing Collaborator, and now he and all his goons are possessed by ghost bees, and are attacking the whole city! This is why when I tell you I'm killing someone, you let me kill them!

:D

[X] Try bribing the kitsune with juicy secrets
-[X] Ask the Kitsune about the bees

Because frankly, The Kitsune's likely to know more about the bees than the Undersiders.

Because frankly, The Kitsune's likely to know more about the bees than the Undersiders.

No, seriously just no. As we are now, we contain gods and eldrictch abominations, do you really want to share any sort of secrets with a Shard? That can not end well.

No, seriously just no. As we are now, we contain gods and eldrictch abominations, do you really want to share any sort of secrets with a Shard? That can not end well.
Necros: You guys look like you're having problems with that whole entropy thing, haven't figured out how to beat that yet? Quit editing Diviner's memories and I'll tell you how to get around that...

Yes, we contain Gods and Eldritch abominations. That means we know stuff they don't, like perhaps the answer to their problems.

Necros: You guys look like you're having problems with that whole entropy thing, haven't figured out how to beat that yet? Quit editing Diviner's memories and I'll tell you how to get around that...

Yes, we contain Gods and Eldritch abominations. That means we know stuff they don't, like perhaps the answer to their problems.

Why do I see the solution to entropy ending in a self propagating explosion/fusion reaction(Shiny Expanding Ball of Death) that annihilates the universe?

[X] Who would send bees after you?
-[X] Have you disturbed any ancient Indian bee farms, lately?

That's not the solution to entropy; it's a faster way to the same end result.

Entropy is as I understand it a breakdown in a system due to deterioration of energy so a self propagating energy source(said ball of death) would be a solution just not one you would probably be looking for.

I do not think that short - term consequences will be dire. Long term... Incubators anyone?

Entropy is as I understand it a breakdown in a system due to deterioration of energy so a self propagating energy source(said ball of death) would be a solution just not one you would probably be looking for.
The "deterioration of energy" means that everything in the universe is moving toward the same temperature, and when that happens, nothing will be able to change or move because there's nowhere for the waste heat to go. If you heat the whole universe, you're changing the median temperature without changing the estimated time to reach it.

Solving the problem would make Earth bet still redundant, that is a bad thing.

Do you really expect Scion to make the leap of logic to go "Oh, this universe doesn't matter anymore; better erase it?"
No, but the leap to it's being turned into a source of infinite energy, no point in saving the humans is far more likely. At least based off the self-replicating explosion idea.

What seems more likely:
"Here's how to conpletely solve your problem, some part of me just knew." (Tells them how to stop entropy.)
Or.
"Here's how to conpletely solve your problem, some part of me just knew." (Tells them some ritual that ends up freeing the beings bound within Taylor.)

Trapped Gods and Eldritch Abominations don't exactly seem like they would be the selfless, helpful sorts.

[X] Offer them a job

This seems like the response that Necros would have. I might think of a clever write in later, but I will leave this for now.

[X] Offer them a job
-[X] "If you Talk to our head of the Merchant's guild's HR department, he will give you a explanation of our new 401k policy and other benefits."

Last edited:
[X] Offer them a job now that Cacodemomania has fired them in the time honored tradition of evil bosses everywhere.
-[X] Talk more with the Diviner. She's not so bad now that the Kitsune isn't messing with her, tricksy little foxes they are, since she helped you rescue your dad but you have so far failed to keep up your end of the bargain.
--[X] Fantasize about how the grateful the Diviner will be once you fulfill your side of the bargain. She'll give you a hug and ask how she could ever repay us as we enjoy her supple body pressing against ours as we hug her back. We make a suggestion that maybe she could repay us by kissing some of the injuries we have better, discreetly pinching our inner thigh to make an injury. Her green eyes sparkling brightly as she gives that devious smirk, slowly falling to her knees and keeping her eyes locked on ours as her lips get closer to the promised land while we run our hands through her silky blond hair affectionately and then....
---[X] If possible subconsciously project said fantasy like a hologram. Try not to be disappointed when the crimson faced and stuttering Diviner tries to turn you down saying that she is just isn't limber enough for the later parts of that fantasy. That's not a problem, there's a spell for that!

Finally a chance to use that vote, and with barely even any shoe-horning at all to make it fit with the situation!

I was beginning to think Flabby was intentionally trolling me by making sure it would never fit. Still not sure he wasn't doing it for giggles. *stares suspiciously at the author ignoring all mention of plot relevance and characters staying within character*

Also the name. I looked up long words that start with 'C' hoping for a 10+ syllable word because the thought of everyone wondering how we came up with that from 'Coil' made me giggle, but when I saw that one and it's description of 'pathological belief that one is inhabited by an evil spirit' I just couldn't resist.

we could use the Diviner to help Necros repair the rift with the Transporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back