• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Try to figure out what enchantments are on the spear.

She made two spares anyways. Even if we fail it's not critical.

[X] Celebrate the return of your sense of touch by seducing the Transporter

I see no reason these two votes are mutually exclusive.:D

[x] Try to figure out what enchantments are on the spear.

[X] Suggest a different approach
-[X] Set up a magical gate that connects... Somewhere down there.

Necros: OK people, time to get you all back on the ground!

OK, step through this portal one at a time, hold your breath unless the surroundings are Euclidean. Whatever you do DON'T look any of the eldritch abominations in the eye, eyes, eye clusters, eye stalks, or other visual receptive organs. Don't accept anything they offer -- you'll seriously regret it in the end, trust me, though I did get these nifty wings outta he deal -- and finally know that there is a time-dilation effect, so despite the week or so you'll spend in transit, only a minute or two will pass here!

So, whose first?

*Edit- "hold your breath unless the surroundings are recognizable." -> "hold your breath unless the surroundings are Euclidean."

"you'll seriously regret it in the end, trust me" added on "though I did get these nifty wings outta he deal!"

Last edited:
-[X] Creating multi-layered forcefields to cushion the landing.

[X] Give it control
Nothing bad has ever happened listening to the voices in your head :p

-[X] Add a second height setting. No need to land if it can levitate even with the ground.

i'm guessing the voice in our head sounds like a little girl?

-[X] Add a second height setting. No need to land if it can levitate even with the ground.
Almost, but what about what's underneath the base?

-[X] Make the height adjustable and add a built-in teleportation spell.
-[X] If that won't work, add a second height setting. No need to land if it can levitate even with the ground.

Adjustable height is optional, really, though handy if it just floats back to the same height if it teleports someplace.

Last edited:
[X] Give it control

I'm gonna assume it's mostly safe, simply because flabbyknight didn't put in any other non-write-in vote options.

It's the hole left by yanking out the foundation, innit?

I figured that, since making the height freely adjustable is the obvious solution, that fact it hasn't been done already means doing it that way is a huge pain in the ass.
*shrug* Probably? Added yours as a subvote to mine in case mine is too much of a pain in the ass for her to do.

-[X] If that won't work, add a second height setting. No need to land if it can levitate even with the ground.

Almost everybody is voting for options that are beyond our capabilities now.

We don't know any form of transportation magic.

We don't have the skills to put in a height adjustment mechanic....that's why the voice spoke up to start with.

[X] Give it control
-[X] We want to impress the Transporter with our great magical knowledge! Impress upon the voice the importance of the transporter not noticing anything is wrong! Pussy is on the line!

[X] Give it control

Yeah the way I see the Suggest option working is not by spontaneously manifesting enchanting abilities we explicitly don't have, it's by suggesting the option to Squealer and promptly getting looked at is if we're an idiot because of course that's the obvious thing to try and do.

Nothing can go wrong.

OK... I hope we find our way to this guy's soul-space. Those are skills we could REALLY use. Especially the understanding the principals of Tinker-tech better than the Tinkers that designed them part.

Frankly... That went better than I expected. But going to be interesting to see how this affects our relationship with Transporter. Who knows, maybe she'll find comfort in the return to old patterns...

Why do people keep doing things like this when I turn my back? First it was taking the blue? pill and now we gave a wyrm control over us.

One who is beating up our Transporter.

I thought so for a second as well but the mention of scales and how a wyrmling could do better makes me lean towards wyrm as well.
Just double checked and kobold seems the most likely choice as per DnD lore they are scaled and apparently they even call their infants wyrmlings, they're basically a reptilian goblin after all so have a lot of more dragony lore associated with them so it does make sense, although I didn't know they called their infants that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back