• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Nah, she still rolls Grail. It's just that it's a "survive with a REALLY bad Malus or die" roll after the damage is inflicted (if it would kill her), iirc.
Sort of? I mean, there's still the roll to decide how much damage she receives, but yes, she does get a save from Grail to try and survive even if she runs out of health. Though I believe Bird made the point that it would be a very unpleasant thing even if she did pass that last roll.
So how long until she can re-summon that winter name? What was she called again?

Something to do with a painting?

No. Sicking ash on her is just as half assessed.
I'm… not entirely sure what your point is here? What does Neighnia have to do with her surviving Ash?

I mean, Neighnia still being around after Copper dies could be a problem, but that's a seperate issue entirely.

I mean, Neighnia still being around after Copper dies could be a problem, but that's a seperate issue entirely.
That is an extreme issue, an Unbound name much much worse then Copper. GM repeatably warned us that unbound Names are one of the worse possible enemies we could have. See the last time we went up against an unbound name , and wound up destroying the Woods as collateral.

Last edited:
That is an extreme issue, an Unbound name much much worse then Copper.
Oh certainly. If you're worried about Neighnia being free to do whatever after Copper is dead, that's an entirely valid concern, but it's a very different argument from Copper surviving, or the question of what sort of atrocities she's been committing in the background.

Notably, I haven't actually voted on the Copper issue because I both don't care, and don't feel qualified to make proper decision on the matter.

[X] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)
[X] [ASH-GUARD] Stalk.
[X] [ASH-PREY] Copper Secateur

I changed my mind between feast and stalk, mostly due to how it SOUNDS like Feast is more enthusiastic.

Also we're still NOT killing people with Stalk, so it's not THAT bad. Actually the wounds are a decent way to discourage "unapproved" people from going in the Ashen Wastes.

As for Copper... Well, honestly I don't expect her to just die. Copper is good enough that she can PROBABLY survive unless she stupidly insists on going in the Mansus while hurt.

To be clear, I think she WOULD die if she continued to try, but that in the short term she'll likely just... Stop going in there. Or at least prepare better to avoid the Wolf (which I don't think has perfect awareness of every gnat walking on his fur), so either she dies, or she's at least slowed down.

We should probably scry for Windy sometimes soon, and Decide if we want to actually kill Copper, blackmail her somehow (which would work much the same really. We'd have to basically destroy her powerbase AND get her to give us Neighnia before we could afford to let her live), or negotiate (though honestly that's just blackmail but more polite, we can't afford to let her keep Neighnia, AND for her to keep killing ponies, and I don't see her giving up those two thingsnunless she has no more choice).

Maaaaaaaaaaybe we could... Banish her?

As in, we destroy her cult, take Neighnia, then order her to leave Equestria or we'll have to kill her. But that doesn't sound like a good idea...

...I might still change my mind of sending Ash against Copper, really.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe we could... Banish her?

As in, we destroy her cult, take Neighnia, then order her to leave Equestria or we'll have to kill her. But that doesn't sound like a good idea...
Would banish achieve anything except Copper starting over somewhere else with her hateboner for Velvet reinforced?

AND get her to give us Neighnia before we could afford to let her live),
Or have Biedde and Mareinette go and surprise borrow Neighnia.

I changed my mind between feast and stalk, mostly due to how it SOUNDS like Feast is more enthusiastic.
But it doesn't really, does it?

-"The treacherous ground of the Ashen Wastes will burn and torment every single pony who enters the Mansus."
-All ponies who access the Mansus will receive a small and temporary debuff.

-"The shifting waves will lie in wait, the sightless eyes will watch with bated breath, until its prey is right before its jaws."
-A reasonable number of ponies who access the Mansus will risk receiving a lasting debuff, or a wound if they are unlucky.
These two sound equally enthusiastic, the only difference:
Do we want everyone to have another malus on their rolls in the mansus, or do we want "a reasonable number" to get a lasting debuff or even a wound?

With the risk of Copper slipping through the net.

Would banish achieve anything except Copper starting over somewhere else with her hateboner for Velvet reinforced?

A Copper without books to help level up people, without infrastructure, and without names, wouldn't be able to do THAT much, and not quickly.

If we banished her after killing (EDIT I MEANT STEALING!)Neighnia she'd basically just be a VERY persuasive mare.

Then again, I suppose that still makes her dangerous. For all we know she'll try and approach a king or queen outside Equestria to gain their support or something... The Storm King would be the most problematic.

Or Sombra.

Or have Biedde and Mareinette go and surprise borrow Neighnia.

It was once implied "stealing" Neighnia wouldn't be that easy, mostly because she's unlikely to allow it.

There's also not much of a point if, say, Copper still keeps the bindings tied to herself.

Simplest way to get Neighnia is probably to force Copper to willingly give her up... Or, alternatively, to just kill her and then negotiate with Neighnia directly.

It's all in the "!"

But really, it doesn't matter THAT much to me.

Last edited:
Edit: Went back to re-read, and noticed that I had the two confused. The lesser evil does have the worse sounding name. Take my unedited post as a sign to look over what we're talking about again.

These two sound equally enthusiastic,
You can actually infer some story from the game-speak, you know.
Some horror and harasment not as 'bad' or 'trend setting' as having ash actually take bites out of climbers.
A small and temporary debuff. < A lasting debuff, or a wound.

Oh,
and also-
YES, it does.

Stalking is a crime.
Feasting on not something but someone-
On somepony is worse.

Last edited:
f we banished her after killing Neighnia she'd basically just be a VERY persuasive mare.

Then again, I suppose that still makes her dangerous. For all we know she'll try and approach a king or queen outside Equestria to gain their support or something... The Storm King would be the most problematic.

Or Sombra.
The treacherous advisor archetype.

If she gets someone (like, dunno, the dragons) to attack equestria that could be another thing that pushes Celestia over the edge, leading the dragons to meet Daybreaker.
It was once implied "stealing" Neighnia wouldn't be that easy, mostly because she's unlikely to allow it.
Was that for just Velvet, or for an Alukite of Heart?

There's also not much of a point if, say, Copper still keeps the bindings tied to herself.
Means Neighnia is no use to Copper.
Means we could destroy Neighnia (the painting in the wake) when we chose and search her in the mansus to get her summoning info.

YES, it does.

Stalking is a crime.
Feasting on not something but someone-
On somepony is worse.
Stalking, when taken literally, is a predator following a prey stealthily hoping to kill and eat it.
Both have kill and eat implications.

You can actually infer some story from the game-speak, you know.
Some horror and harasment not as 'bad' or 'trend setting' as having ash actually take bites out of climbers.
A small and temporary debuff. < A lasting debuff, or a wound.
Yeah? And?
That says nothing about enthusiasm on the harm done.

Just about where on the scale of "a little harm to all" to "all harm to a few" spectrum it falls.
Like, total harm stays the same, we just chose whether we concentrate it or spread it out.

Was that for just Velvet, or for an Alukite of Heart?
I don't remember.

Means Neighnia is no use to Copper.
Means we could destroy Neighnia (the painting in the wake) when we chose and search her in the mansus to get her summoning info.
I don't think destroying the painting is likely to be easier than killing a Name.

Keep in mind it was heavily implied Neighnia's summon is special. She probably is FULLY in the wake, so destroying the painting would be the same as killing her.

And we're not Name killers tier... Well, not normally.

Generally speaking we probably want to think of Neighnia as less of a painting and more of a Name. Killing a Name is probably as hard if not more than killing one, really
Stalking, when taken literally, is a predator following a prey stealthily hoping to kill and eat it.
Both have kill and eat implications.
Fair enough. All in all as long as we don't go the extreme of people actually dying I don't care too much though

I'm looking at it as a character moment for Velvet as much as anything else, [Feast!] seems more enthusiastic on her part in comparison to [stalk], which comes off as more neutral and implies Velvet trying to moderate the situation in the moment. Basically "don't just attack everyone!" panicking unicorn panics

I don't think destroying the painting is likely to be easier than killing a Name.

Keep in mind it was heavily implied Neighnia's summon is special. She probably is FULLY in the wake, so destroying the painting would be the same as killing her.

And we're not Name killers tier... Well, not normally.

Generally speaking we probably want to think of Neighnia as less of a painting and more of a Name. Killing a Name is probably as hard if not more than killing one, really
True, if she is fully there, and not just a painting acting as a sort of mirror for Neighnia to reflect off of into the wake, killing her would be very difficult.

Still would enable seperating her from Copper and Coppers cult while we deal with Copper.

[X] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)
[X] [ASH-GUARD] Stalk.
[X] [ASH-PREY] Copper Secateur

I mean, kind of but also not? Feast is that it takes a bite out of everypony so it is always sated and thus doesn't feel the need to take that much out of them and it is so busy chasing new ponies that it doesn't have the time to hurt them too badly. Stalks has a bigger malus because it takes its time hunting the ponies and playing with its food but since it takes longer he takes a bigger chunk to feed. Starve has the wolf try to hold back but then it goes crazy with hunger snd goes to town on a random pony.

Did anyone else notice every time a Son was born Baldomare was in the Wake and explained the consequences of their birth to Velvet? Seems like a nice coincidence but we know better than that.

I'm just waiting for her to say "Do you only do that when I'm close enough to tell you how much you fucked up the world again or are you just that destructive?".

I'm in the 'Feast sounds more enthusiastic' camp. It implies a wolf with its snout burried in its freshly killed meal, gnawing and slobbering and devouring.
Stalk implies the hunt in progress. It's the wolf at its most professional. The business before pleasure, so to speak.

Did anyone else notice every time a Son was born Baldomare was in the Wake and explained the consequences of their birth to Velvet? Seems like a nice coincidence but we know better than that.

I'm just waiting for her to say "Do you only do that when I'm close enough to tell you how much you fucked up the world again or are you just that destructive?".
Well, this time she met us in the Manaus, and explained it there.

I'm not sure she would ever turn down an opportunity to illuminate, navigate, and not be compassionate.

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 92 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 2812-3013]
##### NetTally 5.0.6

Task: PRIDE
— Voters: 31

[X][PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)
No. of Votes: 31

[X][PRIDE] You will tell him everything you know. (Reveal to Pride all of Axe's actions, for the next three turns)
No. of Votes: 1

Task: ASH-GUARD
— Voters: 32

[X][ASH-GUARD] Stalk.
No. of Votes: 19

[X][ASH-GUARD] Feast!
No. of Votes: 16

[X][ASH-GUARD] Starve...

Task: ASH-PREY
— Voters: 33

[X][ASH-PREY] Copper Secateur
No. of Votes: 23

[X][ASH-PREY] No prey
No. of Votes: 9

[X][ASH-PREY] Windy Flakes
No. of Votes: 3

[X][ASH-PREY] Peculiar Rumor

Total No. of Voters: 34

Stalk and Feast are fairly close, only 3 votes of difference. Copper victim has a major lead. Pride will be told a BIT, but not all.

Wait, does Axe even know the lores were forgotten? She isn't very social and doesn't even know enough about mortals to know what children are, so if she goes all "I'm a fucking Name... What the hell do you mean by what is a Name, don't you know anything?" and tells someone what she is/the true nature of the World... Please tell me we told her very clearly that she needs to pretend to be a regular pony that doesn't know anything about the lores.

Well the Copper thing looks like it'll go through, and one way or another I'm quite certain it won't get the results people want/expect.
Personally I'm expecting it to have the effect of either harming, inconveniencing or killing Copper any of which would be useful. It could also do nothing to Copper for various reasons which would also be fine since it has no cost we have not already paid.

The Prey consequences feel like those from Starve, except they are Ash going all out instead of literally starving and munching on a pony because of the hunger.

So Copper will either be wounded or die if that is true, which if her cult really has our manuscripts is bad, because instead of them staying safe the cult might disband again and they will end up who knows where and we will need to scry for them again.
I honestly get the benefits of killing Copper but not before we know if anything she has will put Velvet in a sunbeam situation.

I'm in the 'Feast sounds more enthusiastic' camp. It implies a wolf with its snout burried in its freshly killed meal, gnawing and slobbering and devouring.
Stalk implies the hunt in progress. It's the wolf at its most professional. The business before pleasure, so to speak.
Look at the mechanical effects. Feast is not about feasting on a single pony but about sampling a large amount. It means that it has plenty of prey/food, so it doesn't take as much from any given pony in order to be sated. Probably just a bite.

Stalk takes a longer time, which means it is hungrier, so it bites the ponies more when it catches them. Starve is about Ash being ordered not to eat but being eventually driven mad by hunger and attacking somepony because of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back