• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Let's see about the Canterlot Caverns rewards before we start planning next turn, eh?
well, of course. It's not like we can send anyone on this expedition until next turn anyway, and of course there's always a chance we might ALSO unlock canterlot part 3.

there's the potential for FOUR expeditions next turn, in theory.

Frangiclave, canterlot part 3 (if it exists), lvl 6 book, and kill/sabotage Copper.

Axe, Velvet, Mareinette and Selene are, basically in that order, our best people for expeditions, with Axe and Mareinette being best at solo expeditions and Velvet being the best second addition (as she adds her near-all-4 to Axe's and Mareinette's far higher general bonuses).

In theory something like Axe on one expedition, Mareintte on another, and Selene + Velvet on the third one is also a possibility.

That said, I definitely want Axe and Velvet together on Frangiclave at least, with a chance of adding someone else. Mareinette is good for simple expeditions on her own, and any serious attempt at killing anyone would require Biedde.

shame Bird has yet to add the details of the lvl 6 book expedition. I'm really curious to see. Hopefully it's a short and cheap expedition

We don't have the money for 3 expeditions never mind a supposed four. Especially if the Book expedition is a long/distant one.

We're gonna have to prioritise and personally I vote for Lvl 6 book and dealing with Copper.

We don't have the money for 3 expeditions never mind a supposed four. Especially if the Book expedition is a long/distant one.

We're gonna have to prioritise and personally I vote for Lvl 6 book and dealing with Copper.
The trick will be to invite Pride along to the Frangiclave expedition so he can fund it as a date!

Or not if we don't want to get him killed, but man that would be a lot of bits…

Lvl 6 and Frangiclave would be my priorities. I reeeeeally just want to see Axe smack some super dangerous summon with an entire key-chain's worth of unsummoning power.

Turn 19 - Results, part 8 New
[X] Plan Pittauro, With Changeling Detectives
-[X] Axe, yes! (Costs one VELVET action)
-[X][DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[X][CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN one VELVET action for the next phase)
-[X][COMMISSIONER] The Bureau is more than an institution, it is a gathering of dedicated ponies working towards a unified goal. Ingrain yourself with them. (Establish, increase, or salvage the loyalty of the Bureau towards you personally.)
-[X][RARITY] Take a commission. (Gain at least 100 bits immediately, will "fail" her career roll)
-[X][SELENE] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X][SELENE] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] One extra Velvet action! (Costs 2 follower actions)

-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, search for "The Key that Only Opens" the Daughter of Axe wants)
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, search for "the easiest lvl 6 book we can get for Baldomare")
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)

-[X] WRITE IN: Canterlot part 2 expedition
-[X] Attack your foe, or defend yourself. In war, there is no other option.
--[X][GUARD] You would very much like to keep this safe. (Your home)

[X] Plan Betterer Biedde
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3, Knock 2 Edge 1, SH 1
—[X] Gift used on Knock 2 Edge 1 retroactively
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[X] (Social) Level up Jade
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Knock 2 Edge 1 reagents
--[X] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare

-[X] Fleeting Opportunity: Comet Feet
-[X] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes
--[X] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church
-[X] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.

Ponies are a… curious species. Even though that does not appear to be the case at first glance.

After all, as far as anypony (and most of the surrounding species) is concerned, ponykind is a peaceful species. One that seems content in slowly populating their country, and living in harmony with their peers, as the years go by.

They do not know the concept of war. They do not accept the idea of famine. And even the most vicious among their numbers is relatively tame, when compared to what a sapient being is capable of.

As far as anyone cares, they are perfectly happy with living under the rule of their Princesses. And their worldview takes as self-evident the fact that, even a thousand years from now, their descendants will be living the same kind of life as they currently are.

However, that is not… the entire truth about ponies.

Very few creatures know about this. And fewer less creatures remember it. But ponykind has a rich story. And they are a species that has a convoluted past. A tempestuous past.

A bellicose past.

And that past happened so long ago that… that not even the wind remembers it. The breeze that flows through the plains has already forgotten about it. The mountains that dot the land have already had that history scraped away from their faces, by the passage of time. And even the sun that shines down upon Equestria has… changed.

The sun that witnessed that dark past of ponykind is not the same sun that shines today. The sun of today did not witness what happened in that long-forgotten past.

However, merely forgetting about something does not mean that it is erased.

And even though the Laws that fueled ponykind in the past are now faded and ignored, they still have sway over the world.

More than just sway. It would not be wrong to say that they have control over it. Or at least some degree of authority.

That is, if it even makes sense to say that gravity has "authority" over how an apple might fall from the branch.

Today, yet another echo of that long forgotten past runs through the land.

And just like the distant ring of a bell that has already rusted into oblivion… just like the faded silhouette left on the ground, by a tree that has already fallen and died… an action that has not been seen in Equestria in a very, very long time is once again taking place.

Today, a pony is marching to war.

Despite the centuries of tranquility, there is an ugly truth that every creature knows.

And that truth is that, when it really comes down to it, this is a world where the strong rule, and the weak obey.

Ponies might try to pretend that is not the case. They might try to argue that their great civilization has reached its current point thanks to cooperation and camaraderie. But ultimately, even the most vocal of scholars knows (even if only in the privacy of their thoughts) that it is the Princesses who guarantee the continuity of Equestria.

And for all that the Princesses (and more specifically, Princess Celestia) acted like a kind and nurturing leader for the last ten centuries, the fact remains that she is still the regent of the sun. And for all that she may enact fair policies, and reigned with an even hoof, it is undeniable that she also took ponykind under her wings.

She was, and still is, the unbreakable guardian of ponykind. The last and unbreakable wall that, should a great calamity arise, will be able to move the very heavens in order to defend her subjects.

Yes. Even ponies know it, though many of them have forgotten, that this is a world that belongs to the strong. That killing your opponent is the surest way to silence them, and that the dead cannot act against you. That is the greatest rule of the world. That is the final law that no creature can oppose.

And in the quiet town of Ponyville, a pair of ponies is about to fall upon that final law once again.

One of them comes from the east. She left her home at dawn and, with the sun shining on her back, she cut straight through the town and marched to the western outskirts of the city.

There is nothing particularly remarkable about her. She is wearing a dress upon her body, and she carries no weapons, save for the one hidden around her neck. But still, she is marching west with a pace that is almost intimidating. And the few ponies who cross her path during the early morning know better than to stand in her way.

The other pony is waiting for her, beyond the western end of the town. He has been waiting for her for several days now. He knew this day would come, as certain as he knows he grows older with each passing day.

And today, he woke up with the utter certainty that this was the day he had been waiting for.

As it often happens in these situations, and as it happened so many times in the past, those two ponies meet in a place of crossing.

To the west of the town, there is a small bridge that crosses the local river. Beyond that bridge is a grassy path where a peaceful mare has made her home. In a harsher era, that place would have been a beacon, or perhaps a threshold, against the violence of the outside world. But in this kinder era, that home is merely a sanctuary for the life that surrounds it.

So naturally, the stallion awaits at the end of the bridge. He waits for his opponent, in absolute silence, upon that final threshold that separates the place he loves from everything else.

He waits there.

And eventually, or perhaps inevitably, the rising sun heralds the arrival of his opponent.

She makes her way towards the bridge, and she stops at the farthest edge of the timid construction. Because the two ponies understand the meaning of that small, wood-wrought passage.

Both of them know that, if either of them moves to cross that bridge, they will do so in order to kill each other.

So, for now, they merely take each other's measure. They each communicate, and agree, with this small period of calm before the storm.

And like two ancient armies standing before each other, the two give each other one final chance to resolve this with some form of currency other than blood.

"Velvet Covers."

"Comet Feet."

"Have you come here to fight me?"

"I have come here to talk."

"Is there a difference?"

"No."

There is no need to mince words. No point in holding back.

The two ponies know exactly what they want. And the two ponies know that neither of them wants the other to cross that bridge.

However, neither of them are under the illusion that a middle ground will be easy to reach.

"You know what I did."

"Yes, I do."

"And you know why I did it."

"Also yes."

"I will not apologize for that."

"And I am not here for your apologies."

The two of them know what is at stake. In fact, the two of them know what the other did, in preparation for this moment.

The stallion is covered in a rousing air. In preparation for this day.

The mare has already made a resolution. Which makes her intentions beyond clear.

Neither of them came here with the intention of backing out.

"So, if you haven't already decided to try to kill me, what do you want?"

"I came here to tell you something."

"Which would be?"

"The Master is dead."

She says that, and for the first time the Edge-sharp stallion hesitates.

But only for a moment.

"That is not possible. You wouldn't be saying that if you knew the truth about her. Just killing her body is not enough, and she tricked you for that."

"You misunderstand. I know her true nature. I know what she was, and I am telling you she is dead."

The stallion's eyes narrow. Because he knows she is telling the truth. Neither of them are here to tell lies.

However, even then, he still cannot believe what she is saying.

"That is impossible."

"You know it is not. And your disbelief betrays your negligence. When was the last time you Dreamed?"

"…"

"Exactly. Dream later tonight, and see it for yourself. Or better yet, don't. The thing that killed her is far less pleasant, even if it is less active in the Wake."

"Whether you are deluded or not, it makes little difference. You did not come here just to tell me that. What. Do. You. Want?"

The mare pauses for a moment. But not because she is hesitating.

Instead, she is judging the stallion one final time, before she reveals her purpose.

"You were loyal to the Master, and you also feared her. I care not why, or what circumstances bound you to serve her. But she is dead now, and that influences your position in the board."

"…"

"I am here to ensure your piece falls in the correct place."

The mare says that.

And then, she acts.

What outcome is reached?
(Comet Feet is currently under the effect of "A Rousing Air" Influence.)
(It is impossible to tell how many, if any, Attention of the Laws he has ready.)

[] "I see you my enemy."
-Velvet Covers will use this opportunity to attempt to attain her personal Edge Sacrament.
-Velvet Covers and Comet Feet will fight to the death, without interruption.
-If she succeeds, Velvet Covers will do her best to hide this from Fluttershy. But it is impossible to guarantee she will not find out.

[] Assassination.
-Biedde is here… somewhere. Give him the signal.
-Biedde will engage in combat with Comet Feet. Comet Feet is not expected to survive.
-Velvet Covers will do her best to hide this from Fluttershy. But it is impossible to guarantee she will not find out.

[] Conscription.
-Velvet Covers will bring Comet Feet into her service.
-Comet Feet will become a separate Confidante from Fluttershy, and he will be forced to accept any orders that he is given. As long as they do not harm Fluttershy, and as long as they are not clearly suicidal.
-This arrangement will continue as long as ONE of the following is in effect:
--(1) as long as Biedde remains summoned;
--(2) as long as Velvet Covers is under the effect of "A Resolution" Edge Influence; or
--(3) as long as Fluttershy is a "Minion" follower.
-Comet Feet will do his best to hide this arrangement from Fluttershy.
-Should Comet Feet "break free" by any means, he will immediately become an enemy. If that ever happens, it is impossible to know if he would attack you immediately, or if he would disappear to plan a more careful revenge. You also cannot predict what Fluttershy would do.

[] Status Quo.
-Nothing will change. And the next time you have this conversation, it might not be just with words.
-Your relationship with Comet Feet will remain the same. There will be no limitations on what you may ask Fluttershy to do, but some of your actions/requests towards her will steadily increase his ire.

[] Negotiation.
-Velvet Covers and Comet Feet will engage in combat. Until one of them falls down to one health point.
-The winner will impose their terms upon the loser, and the loser will accept them.

[] Compromise.
-Velvet Covers and Comet Feet will reach an agreement.
-Velvet Covers will be prohibited from teaching anything about the Lores to Fluttershy. It will no longer be acceptable to level Fluttershy up, ask her to perform rituals, or do other Lore-related actions.
-Comet Feet will no longer grow his hatred towards you every time you ask him for a favor.
-Comet Feet and Fluttershy will remain a "single" Confidante, together. But rather than having to "ask Comet for a favor", he will take over Fluttershy's actions and perform them, if he is better suited for it. (Asking Fluttershy to go on an Expedition, or perform a ritual, will have Comet Feet to do it instead, for example).

Twenty-four hours moratorium. Some of these options might (might) have unexpected consequences later on, or they might be another brushstroke that can potentially paint you into a corner later on. So, a longer moratorium, so that certain implications might be discussed.

This does not mean any of these options are traps. They will all do exactly what they propose to do. However, there are several ways QM can see some of these options having additional ramifications down the line.

Or not. As always, vote for whatever you want.

Approval voting. The single option with the highest number of votes will be picked. No further details can be given regarding the options, but you can trust Velvet to use her best judgment for what is picked.

Last edited:
This is a personal reminder for me to:
-Deduce the resources Jade used in the scrying ritual
-Add Expedition to expedition list
-Add personal Forge sacrament

I'll be making myself scarce for the rest of the weekend/week now. Might pop up here and there, but only for the briefest windows.

I hope you are all doing well! And have a great day, and week. I'll address previous pings, and everything else, when I have the time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Well, pretty much all the violent options are terrible, and Conscription… could work, since we would be stupid to ever let Biedde go, but it's also a really shitty thing to do to our friend's boyfriend. Status Quo is entirely possible but also kind of meh, and compromise… did we even want Fluttershy to learn more Lore stuff anyways?

[] Compromise.
-Velvet Covers and Comet Feet will reach an agreement.
-Velvet Covers will be prohibited from teaching anything about the Lores to Fluttershy. It will no longer be acceptable to level Fluttershy up, ask her to perform rituals, or do other Lore-related actions.
-Comet Feet will no longer grow his hatred towards you every time you ask him for a favor.
-Comet Feet and Fluttershy will remain a "single" Confidante, together. But rather than having to "ask Comet for a favor", he will take over Fluttershy's actions and perform them, if he is better suited for it. (Asking Fluttershy to go on an Expedition, or perform a ritual, will have Comet Feet to do it instead, for example).
So just for first impressions... I'm perfectly fine w/ this option, tbh? Winter is, unfortunately, not really used for any rituals besides EiB, and we wouldn't want to be risking Fluttershy by sending her on expeditions in the first place. Having an Edge 4 Confidant with 4 Health, otoh, lends itself very well to sending on expeditions or if we need more muscle (or just muscle in more than one spot). If we eventually get a high enough level Heart artifact, we could even ask Comet to do IotHs :V

Last edited:
[] "I see you my enemy."
This ones i don't particularly want to choose for several reasons.
I could choose this, but it depends on what we are going to do with Fluttershy
Even now, i'm not sure if we can win, someone else can make the calcs.
Depends on what we were going to do with Fluttershy.

Damn!
Ok, some analysis here.

Status quo is meh. Just don't pick it.
As long as we don't want to kill Comet Feet, I'm partial to Negotiation or Compromise.

We don't really have all that much time to "level up" Fluttershy's lore knowledge, so it's not that much of a cost.

I'm partial to Negotiating though, if we're confident on winning the battle. Does someone good with math want to help?

Edit: Actually, I'm partial to just killing Comet now. Think about it! We fucked up Twilight's life, made Rarity a minion, and even stopped Pinkie from attending a party!!!! We just need to find a way of messing with the other two and we're golden!

Last edited:
On the one hoof, Compromise is very sensible. Practical. Useful. An upgrade, even, since Comet is far more advanced in the Lores than Fluttershy.

On the other hoof I really want us to sock him in the face, and Negotiation is most powerfully open-ended in its terms.

Someone run me the numbers, I need to know our odds here.

Guys, no, Negotiation is a terrible idea. Even if all of our friends wouldn't be really pissed about it, we can't really afford to even risk an injury when we're about to go on a Mansus expedition.

He's got +58 minimum for every roll. +79 for however many AotLs he has. That is not very overwhelmed by our +69/+90, and he has two more health. We would have to hurt him three times before he hurts us once. The math does not add up.

Someone run me the numbers, I need to know our odds here.
Once AotLs our spent we have him by +11. If he has more AotLs than us, which is likely? We have a lower bonus.
Wait, he has 4 health? Wtf?
He always has. Dude's big and burly, plus isn't scarred like Velvet.

Probably not great, even with running a +40 Influence. We'd have to wound him three times, but he'd only have to wound us once.

It would be rather embarrassing if all this buildup led to Comet just bapping us once in the nose and that was that. The Colonel would never let us forget it.

Comet Feet will become a separate Confidante from Fluttershy, and he will be forced to accept any orders that he is given. As long as they do not harm Fluttershy, and as long as they are not clearly suicidal.

Hold on a minute this makes him a Confidente...

Which means we can just leash him into a minion.

We can even get back our leash by using him for our personal grail sacrament.

Well it looks like it's going to have to be Compromise then, everything else is various shades of suicide, ruining Fluttershy's life, or procrastination. Not to mention the option that is just begging for The Lionsmith to stick his oar in.

Shame about Negotiation, with just one more wound on us it'd be a lot more palatable but we're just too delicate and not quite adept enough to try for the no-hit.

Oh, this is... worse than I expected. Let's see what we have.

[] "I see you my enemy."
No, just no.

Same as above.

Fuck no. What the fuck, we are not playing the Colonel's game and that is not even mentioning the need to keep Biedde all the time(or else) and there is also the issue of making him our slave(yes, that is what he would be, Biedde being involved makes it clear it will be the same situation he is in with the Colonel)

We did not use a whole action to just let things rot.

Risky... but probably the only way things can get better. I feel like this might be what Comet needs at the moment, to see Velvet in the battlefield as a pony. Our health is only 2 though, all he would need is a good hit and we would lose.

This is... acceptable. We were thinking of using Fluttershy to cover our bases indefinitely with the servants so it fits, but it also seems wrong to deny power and knowledge(my Lantern side is raging) to one of our Confidantes when it is not her choice to begin with. I would be more comfortable with it if we could have consulted Fluttershy first, but if she wants to learn more in the future and finds out what Comet and Velvet decided behind her back... that way lies draaamaaa.
There is also that tiny loophole in that she can level up by herself... we just can't help her at all. Wonder how Comet would feel if she decided to go deeper in Winter by herself, would he blame Velvet for introducing her to the lores in the first place and restart all of this or would he be terrified of losing his love to the occult like what almost happened with him?

Okay, I think that was all, I'm going for Compromise or Negotiation.

I also just… don't really see much of a difference between Conscription and Negotiation. They're both pretty much just forcing him to serve us. If you want Comet as a forced servant, just use Conscription.
Conscription can make Comet Feet an Enemy. Negotiation does not.
And a reminder to anyone saying that we won't let Biedde go: Biedde can't heal in the Wake. Eventually bad luck will see him leave us for three turns.

Also thanks for the numbers earlier. Compromise it is! Comet old buddy old pal, let's let bygones be bygones! Fluttershy will probably learn more of the Lores anyways, given how they suck people in.

I would go for compromise.

We still have a guaranteed confidante and Comet will no longer hate us.

Sure, Fluttershy can't do Lore related stuff, but what if Fluttershy herself wanted to learn? Can you imagine him denying her or finding another teacher? Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't after all...

I would be more comfortable with it if we could have consulted Fluttershy first, but if she wants to learn more in the future and finds out what Comet and Velvet decided behind her back... that way lies draaamaaa.

Indeed, such delicious drama, of the kind that aims itself at other ponies for a change. Comet wants to be protective then he can take responsibility.

The Lionsmith is dead besides we have the leash.

Now that just seems like a bad idea, putting the Grail voodoo on Fluttershy's beau. Unless you think she's not going to notice that kind of shift in him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back