• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Exalted 3E Discussion

Yep.

I'll get a link as soon as the Onyx Path forums start working again.

EDIT: The link in question now that the onyxpath forums have quite giving me a hard time.
Pretty cool.
I'd definitely be willing to play in that shard.

But...it loses something from Masters of the Industrial Elements, by the Domini not being Taken.

It'd be interesting to see Autocthonia and Creation come in contact in that shard.

Quick question: if you want to create a character concept of Glorious Solar Butler, which Ability best represents your ability to take care of the household, including household chores?

Paperwork since I can't actually spell bueracracy. For logistics anf managing things. Craft for cooking and tea type stuff. Presence and performance since a butler must be unflappable. And then you get into the body guard type abilities.

Stealth. A butler must only be there when the master wishes.

Huh. Just managing household and household chores? Paperwork.

If you were looking for actually doing the chores, like cleaning, I'd put it under Craft (without an elemental association), and probably let Craft Charms apply.

Quick question: if you want to create a character concept of Glorious Solar Butler, which Ability best represents your ability to take care of the household, including household chores?
The skilled labor part seems like mostly Bureaucracy, so I agree with the guys above me, plus a modicum of Socialize to handle visitors. Dunno if he's supposed to be able to cook or sew, but either is probably a couple dots of Craft.

The unskilled labor (cleaning, carrying things) would not need an associated Ability.

Dunno if he's supposed to be able to cook or sew, but either is probably a couple dots of Craft.
At the very least a butler ought to be able to offer informed opinion on wines.

The butler generally does less cleaning and more management of people who do cleaning: Bureaucracy, yes, but Presence matters too. (I'm going off the 2e stats here; I haven't been keeping up with 3e.) On the other hand, I'd dearly love to see a custom Melee charm for attacking a mess, or a Martial Art with a mop as its form weapon.

... Note to self: make such an MA and teach it to Tiger-Warrior servants.

So what are the new Exalted types?
Liminals, Exigents, and Getimians (the last of which is probably misspelled).

Liminals - Frankenstein's monster mash-up of people, guardians of the dead, Terrestrial power level un-Abyssals.

Exigents - Special snowflake exalted, also a toolkit for making your own Exalt types, can go from Terrestrial to Celestial power level.

Getimians - Yin-yang anti-Sidereal Fate-alchemists, but other than buzzword bingo we don't know much about them, except for the one mechanical tidbit that they have two equally sized mote pools, and their Charms have different functions depending on which pool you spend from (and that's part of their yin-yang thing).

There's also going to be at least two more unrevealed new types. Supposedly they are involved with or related to the Lunars somehow.

Wyld Exalted are a popular theory, but who knows?

So super fae-blooded? Alongside the super sidereal-blooded, and super godblooed, and ghost-blooded?

Craft covers maintaining things. Cleaning is probably a form of maintenance (at least I've successfully used that argument in the past to fill a mid-maintenance manse with legions of maid-demon servitors). Craft (wood) should, therefore, logically cover cleaning most things with craft (air) for maintaining jewelry or other things along those lines. (In 2e) Craft (water) covers cooking.

Granted, I favor ditching the multiple craft skills entirely. Socialize and bureaucracy are also useful for a butler, a dot or two of lore all of white veil style and a point or two of investigation to stay on top of the other servants.

Ultimately, if you want a crazy solaroid butler, the best bet is to design a Jackie Chan style TMA that uses household objects as form weapons and includes cleaning as a side benefit. Then you can cover the entirety of butlerdom with martial arts.

Also the 3e anthology dropped on Kickstarter for anyone whose a backer and hasn't seen it yet.

...had a character idea that I suspect would either be loved (for the plot possibilities) or hated (you'll see why) by the ST, with no room for any in-between.

A young woman wakes up somewhere... near-ish civilization, with no memory of her life before then. Oh, she has knowledge, but she doesn't know how she got it- and the knowledge she has is fairly advanced, too. Things only a few people in Creation should have access to. But they're facts. There's no memory of a life lived.

She's got a Twilight Exaltation...

Oh, and she looks exactly like the Scarlet Empress.

...had a character idea that I suspect would either be loved (for the plot possibilities) or hated (you'll see why) by the ST, with no room for any in-between.

A young woman wakes up somewhere... near-ish civilization, with no memory of her life before then. Oh, she has knowledge, but she doesn't know how she got it- and the knowledge she has is fairly advanced, too. Things only a few people in Creation should have access to. But they're facts. There's no memory of a life lived.

She's got a Twilight Exaltation...

Oh, and she looks exactly like the Scarlet Empress.

Better have Wits, Manipulation, Integrity, and Socialize all at 5, or you're gonna get mindwhammied into being someone's Puppet Empress.

Well, she'd have fairly high ratings in both the latter- honestly, while I'm picking Twilight right now, I could just as easily go for Zenith Caste here.

But yes.

All the plot hooks.

(And to clarify, I'd deliberately set it up so I had about as much idea as she did with what was going on here AKA none. Which is why the ST might hate me for this idea)

A mechanical idea I had, which I posted over on SB, is the World's Strongest Zenith(or Night).

Supernal Athletics, Strength at 5, Mighty Thew merit at 3. Buy all the strength boosting Charms in Athletics(except Ten-Ox Meditation) and you can have someone that can spend 18m, 1wp, and get 40+ successes on a Feat of Strength test while ignoring Strength requirements. The table in the book only goes up 20 successes. :p

All of this is irrelevant, I can take over creation with just one Mouse Deer Totem Lunar and no charms.
The cuteness of those creatures is nuclear grade.

Heh. Actually, I'd find playing that character idea rather fun.

...*wonders if we might set up a 3e game in the NSFW section when it finally comes out*

Grant Morrison's & Mukesh Singh's 18 Days, a re-imagining of Mahabharata

This is what Exalted should be like in the Primordial War and the First Age
enhanced-buzz-wide-4074-1427230016-18.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-21597-1427230334-21.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-4676-1427230399-22.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-1685-1427230673-7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-30178-1427230796-11.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-1629-1427230793-15.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-21661-1427231423-17.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-12537-1427231424-15.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-19963-1427231427-25.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-30294-1427232396-12.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-16539-1427232397-30.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-11050-1427232511-17.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-16733-1427232657-25.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-30950-1427232657-44.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-16654-1427232658-16.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-5035-1427232870-40.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-19906-1427232873-27.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-29244-1427232874-34.jpg

grant-morrison-18-days-14.jpg

/spoiler]

So much yessss! I'm definitely going to watch that one. Any idea of when it will be released?

So, I've been looking at character advancement, and I think the XP spending is off, or worded poorly. I'll explain why.

300 XP to get from Essence 1 to Essence 5 seems, to me, to be absurdly low, especially when compared to 2E's numbers. That's 30-37 charms. Then I had a thought: What if the numbers aren't meant to be total spent XP, but XP spent at current Essence? Meaning that to go from Essence 2 to 3 requires 125 additional XP over the 50 you had to spend to get to Essence 2. This means, that to get to Essence 5, you would have to spend a total of 675 XP to get there. This seems a lot more appropriate, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back