• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Family Man | Worm Quest

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679036/

For the other.

-edit-
Danny
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679054/
Event
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679055/

[me=Biigoh]face palms...[/me]

I need ALL 3 dice rolls. Not 1, not 2... it has to be 3 dice rolls in a post.

Oooooh.
Cause the way it says someone else roll, it sounded like you wanted someone else to roll.
Probably should've added a possessive in there to clear it up.

[me=Biigoh]curls up and is NOT gnawing at fluffy tail.[/me]

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqITGz-b11s[/embed]​

[X] Take to the defensive, let the power show just enough that Taylor can see we're a cape, and politely ask Taylor if her power interacts with radiation in any unusual ways.
-[X] "Actually, are your subordinates more vulnerable to radiation than Behemoth? I wouldn't want them to become collateral damage while I'm blocking your attacks."
--[X] "...Okay, I wouldn't mind it if Matthew came down with testicular cancer."

Happerry on SB said:
Event roll 96. Danny roll is 17. Someone Else roll is 93.

It has been a long time since you had to actually fight. In fact, the last time you had to actually fight was fifteen years ago when Taylor was born.

Back then, you were fighting to keep Annette and Taylor safe in the hospital.

That was then.

In the here and now, you were fighting against your daughter. While you were tempted to play it defensively... you found yourself unable to do so. She was simply too aggressive for you to play it safe and not harm her.

You don't even get a chance to speak after her second attack involved a face full of plasma. Specifically YOUR face being full of plasma that she shot at you from her fist in a punch that didn't touch you physically as you moved just so to avoid said punch.

There was a moment of shocked surprise on both your parts as your skin cracked and disintegrated in sapphire tinted white flames and electricity, allowing your green white glow to burn free and shine against the blue white plasma radiance of her body.

"Actually, are your subordinates more vulnerable to radiation than Behemoth? I wouldn't want them to become collateral damage while I'm blocking your attacks." You smirked at Taylor's look of surprise. "... Okay, I wouldn't mind it if Matthew came down with testicular cancer."

Your words got a scream of rage from her, as she transitioned from surprise to anger.

Which really invited a punch from you to her gut, folding her nearly in half as your relative plasma states interacted as if they were normal flesh and blood instead of highly energized plasma. There was a brief pause as she flew from your fist backwards before landing on a three point stance in a blaze of electricity.

True, she wasn't radioactive like you were, and the electricity from her hurt your hand in a way that few things did, but you still could interact with her. It was also clear to both you and her that you had the physical advantage alongside the experience to press it. Her retaliation was a not quite gagged shout as she wiped her mouth and spat plasma to the side. "Scram! Three to go!"

"This isn't over, Dad." The vitriol in her voice was a clear indicator of how badly you messed up with Taylor with your words.

"You got it, Juicy Jolts. Erm... Boss." Before you could take a step towards Taylor, she was gone in a distortion of blue white lines. Looking about, you could see a distinct lack of capes beyond yourself and Grace even if their car was still there. Still burning from where Taylor had emerged.

Still, it wouldn't do to not clean up after yourself.

You breathed in and reached out to leech the radiation around you into your body before transforming back. You turned to look at where Grace was powering down her shield after removing her mask. The blocky amber defensive field seemed to be a 'little' hold out that she had picked up after she met you.

"I'm sorry about the date," you could only sigh as she hugged you.

"Hey, it's okay. just let it out."

What Do?
[X] Continue date with Grace.
[X] Go back home with Grace.
[X] Go back to Grace's home with her.
[X] Try and hunt down Taylor with Grace.
[X] Write In.

Soh... tanuki wakes up and feels that explaination of what happened might be a good thing.

Taylor is driving along and enjoying the company of her boytoy Mover and going somewhere.

Suddenly, her dad appears and is angry with her for joining a gang. She explains that she took it over, and she's pissed at him because she can see THAT WOMAN in his car.

He finds out that she took it over and goes... "I'm proud"? Which gets the Taylor with her many issues pissed off because he is insulting her and her gang in front of her boytoy, her brute and THAT WOMAN, while he was going on a date with HER.

He then reveals that he's a cape by fiet of glowing eyes. She reacts... thinking maybe to scare him away or make him backdown.

A fight happens and she burns his face off by accident to reveal that he has powers LIKE hers (she's a second gen cape!), and he starts to mock her some more about radiation, and threatens her minions... along with her delicious brute AND boytoy... unacceptable.

He then shows that he can back that statement up, so she gets her mover to get the 3 of them out of there.

This is the summary of what happened.

Taylor gets the bonus die because the plan was in line with her trigger event where she got pissed off at EVERYONE. Basically Danny managed to piss her off enough that she got bonus to her dice roll.

The last vote had a dice roll for event, which was Stupidly Successful. So, nothing really bad would happen.
Then the roll for Danny ended up Not So Good, which since he was TRYING TO HOLD BACK... resulted in showing Taylor how outclassed she was with that punch.
And you get Taylor's roll, which was Stupidly Successful after bonus. meant that she assessed the situation correctly and booked it.

Congratulations, you kept jabbing at Taylor's buttons enough that she went into fight or flight mode.

Current Tally~

[X] Plan Evillevi - Evillevi, modrony, shenron, serra2, Night_stalker, CircleTheSkies

[X] Plan Teucrian - Teucrian, Lazurman, MilkHornets
[X] Go back home with Grace.

[X] Plan veekie - veekie, EdgarF,
[X] Continue date with Grace.

[X] Plan wdango - wdango,
[X] Try and hunt down Taylor with Grace.

Last edited by a moderator:

While you were tempted to chase after Taylor, oh how you were tempted to do so. You couldn't... she was far too much like you. Hence chasing after her... it wouldn't do much beyond result in another fight.

She was angry at you, at Grace... and likely at a good number of things. And when she was that riled up, words wouldn't help... in fact, confronting her at this point would simply exacerbate the situation as Annette would say.

After all, you had been in her shoes before when you were a teen, and you knew what it was like to be just that angry at everything.

Which was why you memorized the license plate of your daughter's car before incinerating it to molten slag with 'clean' plasma before driving off with Grace.

Clearly, the after dinner date was simply ruined. There is a drawn out moment of silence as you drove her back home.

- - -​

As you stood at the door to her home, you had to sigh. "I... I'm really sorry, Grace. It wasn't suppose to be like this."

"Hey... it's fine. Things... things happen," Grace seemed to be okay with what happened. "Besides, I thought something would go wrong. I just didn't expect it to be... like..."

"Yeah," you had to shake your head before looking down at the way she tried to avoid mentioning Taylor.

"Do you want to come in for a cup of tea?" There was a warm smile on Grace's face.

"That." You had to blink before smiling back at her and nodding. "That sounds good."

And really, it did. After all, it might be best if you stayed away from your home for a bit and allowed Taylor to... return and decide if she wanted to stay or... run off. How things would go was in her hands now.

Before you know it, things had progressed unexpectedly fast in Grace's home and you find yourself nursing a rather mellow asian tea that was almost vegetal in flavor, the aroma was sweet and carried more than a hint of freshness. The color was more pale gold green than true green green.

With your eyes close, you find yourself just savoring the scent. Images of spring, of mountains filled with long grass that you could run in, filled your mind. "This... this is good."

"It is, isn't it?" There is a hint of a smile in Grace's voice. You couldn't quite see her enjoying tea like this, and yet... here you were.

Still, you found yourself relaxing as you savored the tea that Grace had prepared. She had called it sencha or something, what it was called, it was good.

What Do?
[X] Stay the night at Grace's place since she invited you to do so?
[X] Go out and spend the night away from home, you couldn't impose on Grace like that.
[X] Go back home, but you know you'll run the risk of running into Angry Taylor.
[X] Write In.

Last edited by a moderator:
[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUD2Daz5q8[/embed]

Current Tally ho~

[16] Plan Grace - TheOtherSandman, Strunkriindiisk, Anasurimbor, Arbit, Zameen, SwiftRosenthal, Edmantgoog, Tylenol, .IronSun., serra2, spudman, modrony, Night_stalker, Kingspace, SuaveIV, inirlan,
[!] Stay the night at Grace's place since she invited you to do so?

[13] Plan Angry Taylor - FinalPyre, ebolasos, EdgarF, shenron, wdango, Blasterbot, MilkHornets, Atlan, Xellos, Enohthree, Awesomesauce12, veekie, Falconis,
[!] Go back home, but you know you'll run the risk of running into Angry Taylor.

[1] Plan WanderingEye - WanderingEye,
[!] Apologize to her saying you really need to
[!] Go back home, but you know you'll run the risk of running into Angry Taylor.

[2] Plan Evillevi - Evillevi, Thozmp,
[!] Go back home to talk to Taylor, since ultimately you're worried about her.

[2] Plan JeffJway - JeffJway, krahe,
[!] Stay the night at Grace's for her protection.
[!] Move couch to near Grace's Bed
[!] Sleep on Couch

[1] Plan Ganurath - Ganurath,
[!] Stay the night at Grace's for her protection.
[!] Move couch to near Grace's Bed.
[!] Sleep on Couch.
[!] Leave Taylor a message on the home phone, letting her know you're staying at Grace's to give her space, but will head back to the house if she feels like talking. Be sure to apologize for making a scene in front of the guys.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOKRh9Z6U54[/embed]​

The night might be a little bit nippy, you muse to yourself from where you sat on recliner on the roof deck. You find yourself breathing in deeply the smoke from Grace's cigarette in between sips of your can of beer. The brew is stronger than what you normally drink...

But tonight calls for something take the edge of your anger off. And you didn't want to go home, because you suspected that Taylor would go home to pick her stuff up. At least you would if you were in her shoes. And you would rather not have to deal with your father if there had been words exchanged like you did with Taylor.

"You can't keep sulking, Danny..." There is a sigh from Grace as she slowly nursed her cigarette. "Taylor is a big girl. You have to learn to let her go."

"But I don't want to." You eventually replied after finishing off the can of beer and reached for another can from the table between you and Grace. "She's my little princess, even if she's pissing me off at the moment."

"All little girls are that to their dads," She shook her head. "And trust me, that girl of yours is pretty angry at the moment. You have to let her be."

"I know, which is why I'm here with you... but, I don't want to." You sip at your warm beer, you really needed to calm down and stop irridiating your beer. "Thanks for letting me stay the night."

"I don't mind, beside," She smiled. "It's partly my fault."

"No, I blame Alan's daughter," You said with a frown. Taylor had been getting distant from you ever since she had stopped being friends with Emma, or was that the other way around. You had noticed that black girl hanging out around Emma when you dropped Taylor off at school. It was possible that high school drama had driven your baby princess to the Merchants.

And so, the night grew late as you drank yourself into a stupor.

You woke up in an unfamiliar bed, surrounded by the scent of cigarette smoke, beer, and... that fragrance you had learned to associate with that mysterious creature known simply as woman.

The bed appeared to have been slept in, at least it looked like you weren't the only one who had slept there...

What Do?
[X] Go home, time to tally up the damage.
[X] Spend the day with Grace.
[X] Go driving about town and try to distract yourself.
[X] Write In.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5aTiJEGGk[/embed]

Current Tally

- Minister of Geekdom
[X] Think about how to talk to Taylor the next time you see her

- Tylenol, theBSDude, Enohthree, Atlan, veekie
[X] Go home, time to tally up the damage.

- Temp0ralf00l
[X] Find/make a radioactive squirrel to give Taylor as an apology for being a dad when she was with her minions- I mean henchmen- I mean boy toys- I mean friends.

- Evillevi
[X] Go shopping; buy a Tanuki Doll as a gift/peace offering/sacrifice
-[X] Go Home

- modrony, WanderingEye, Strunkriindiisk, SuaveIV, Thozmp, EdgarF, spudman
[X] Make breakfast for Grace. We are a decent gentleman, not one that leaves her hanging after a night with her.
-- [X] After that, go home, time to tally up the damage.

- JeffJway, ebolasos, Night_stalker, Kingspace, shenron
[X] Make breakfast for Grace. We are a decent gentleman, not one that leaves her hanging after a night with her.
-- [X] After that, go home, time to tally up the damage.
-- [X] Make note in journal to corner Ms Barnes and make her talk about what the hell she did to our precious princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back