• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

From Distant Shores (Fire Emblem)

Megaolix said:
And getting surrounded is worse. Cavalry only get bigger movement penalty in forests. We have very limited healing, so it's frankly not the time to test our luck against every blow coming our way. And as end of last update pointed, we're supposed to be fleeing. We got a warning mroe are coming and if those are lance soldiers, that's problematic for us.

Wow REALLY? You actually said that after ignoring the warrior and going after the archer.

[X] Mark: 3 down, 2 right. Drink vulnerary.
[X] Lyn: 2 down, 2 right.

Adyen said:
Wow REALLY? You actually said that after ignoring the warrior and going after the archer.

Didn't I explain it? Leaving the archer alive left him free to poke at Lyn freely, unless we took a turn to kill him. Odds are that a vulnerary would have been used anyway if the archer had hit, depending on where exists reinforcements arrive and their class.

Now, instead of having an archer left near us, there's no one right now.

Megaolix said:
Didn't I explain it? Leaving the archer alive left him free to poke at Lyn freely, unless we took a turn to kill him. Odds are that a vulnerary would have been used anyway if the archer had hit, depending on where exists reinforcements arrive and their class.

Now, instead of having an archer left near us, there's no one right now.

Yes, but you can't use "oh, this causes less damage" as a reason and then choose to go do something that caused more damage. Even if you're saying "Oh, we're going to heal that anyways", saying one thing and doing another annoys the crap out of me.

Terrain movement cost added

It's time to run. You sprint across the grass, away from the camp, Lyn close behind you. Just a little bit further, and...

Dammit. Two more horsemen from the south have caught up to you. One of them tries to cut off your escape to the east, while another rushes directly in.

It won't be too hard to punch through, but can you afford to take the time to do so?

Turn 4
Objective: Defeat boss.

faDJcMe.png

Ally Units:
Lyn
Mark

Enemy Units:
Cavalier 1
Cavalier 2
Fighter 2
Cavalier 3 (reinforcements)
Cavalier 4 (reinforcements)
Brunya (Boss)

[ ] Plans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuuuuuuuuu...

Lyn's odds of being hit may be in the 50... but 2 hits will kill her. Dammit, what to do... Gotta think.

Maybe have Lyn attack the bottom right cav with MK, and we can sort of semi-block and kill it off it it doesn't die? (And if it dies, we can shoot the other Cav)

Gotta kill at least one of them.

Lyn one-shot cavalry. Her weapon is anti cavalry after all.

Ok, in that case I suggest the following:

Mark: Right 3, Down 1: Fire on SW Cav
Lyn: Right 4, Attack Cav.

Wait. Does Lyn still have the Iron Sword? Cause we don't want Lyn to get attacked twice, which means if the Cav attacks her, we don't want to kill it.

Adyen said:
Wait. Does Lyn still have the Iron Sword? Cause we don't want Lyn to get attacked twice, which means if the Cav attacks her, we don't want to kill it.
You misunderstand. A single attack from the Mani Katti will kill it. And she never had the Iron Sword to begin with.

Also, I was wrong. Odds of Lyn dodging are 74, not 54.

[X] Mark: 2 right, 1 Down. Attack Cavalier with Fire.
[X] Lyn: 4 right. Attack Cavalier.

Best I can think of. Lyn kill the cavalier at the right and hopefully, Mark aggro his cavalier and doesn't target Lyn. Or Mark becomes the priority target, but he can endure 2 blows.

[X] Mark: 2 right, 1 Down. Attack Cavalier with Fire.
[X] Lyn: 4 right. Attack Cavalier.

Mark: 31.5 to hit, 91 to crit: HIT.
Lyn: 36.5 to hit, 65 to crit: HIT.

The soldier trying to cut you off falls easily to Lyn's blade, while the other eats a hit from your tome, leaving him a bit singed, but still standing.

Cavalier: 83 to hit, 57 to crit: MISS. Lyn: 73 to hit, 89 to crit: HIT.
Cavalier: 48 to hit, 100 to crit: HIT. Lyn: 44.5 to hit, 79 to crit: HIT.
Level up! Lyn: +1 MHP, +1 SKL, +1 SPD, +1 DEF, +1 RES

The horsemen come charging in, and two of them close in on Lyn, who barely dodges one strike, only to get hit by the other. While she manages to turn back on them, she looks a bit pale, and you doubt she can take any more of that sort of punishment. The other two soldiers are close behind, and no doubt more reinforcements are on the way.

Turn 5
Objective: Defeat boss.

IrwoULK.png

Ally Units:
Lyn
Mark

Enemy Units:
Cavalier 1
Cavalier 2
Fighter 2
Cavalier 3
Cavalier 4

Brunya (Boss)

[ ] Plans?

Mark's not killing that Fighter in one turn no matter what, so better run some more before more reinforcements arrive at the wrong place. We'll be able to reach that bottleneck next turn too.

[X] Mark: 2 right, 3 up.
[X] Lyn: 5 up, use vulnerary.

The cavalier will kill itself on Lyn if it target her, but I don't want to be still stuck here if more cavaliers show up.

Pretty much mop up as long as no crits happen, I guess.

[X] Mark: 1 right, 4 up.

Ne. If we do this the Lancer hits Mark and cannot touch lyn at all.

The problem is that Mark needs like 3 hits to kill a Cav. Even if he attacks it it doesn't DO anything.

It does open the call up to preemptive one shot by lyn

Cavalier 2: 79 to hit, 88 to crit: MISS. Lyn: 61.5 to hit, 12 to crit: CRIT.

The last remaining horseman charges forward, and Lyn just barely manages to avoid his attack, returning one of her own in return. After a moment, the lone remaining axeman finally reaches you at a dead run, roaring as he swings at you. You deftly dodge his attack and dispatch him soon after.

With the last of the soldiers dealt with, you cautiously head north, ready to fight their leader if need be. Despite you having just slain a good portion of her command, however, she seems remarkably disinterested. Instead of moving forward to intercept you, though, she stays put, watching the two of you slowly approach her.

mDYyvzj.png

Just before you can within range to use your tome, she moves, casting something aimed towards you. No. You recognize the magic she's weaving, and surely she doesn't have the range-

Lyn tackles you away as a gigantic spear of ice erupts out from the ground where you'd been standing. By the time you pick yourself up off the ground, the caster has simply disappeared.

You sigh, taking in the destruction in the now-deserted camp.

"What now?" Lyn asks.

"I don't know what's going on," you tell her. "We need more information, and considering where we are now..."

Lyn nods. "South, then. Back to Lycia." She looks off towards the distant mountains ahead. "Back to where this all began."

End Prologue

=====

Chapter 1: The Girl in the Mountains

The road south is long and arduous. Even with mounts to ease the travel, it's still painfully slow. At times, you long to be able to fly above the mountain peaks, instead of having to make your way along the winding trails, climbing up the slopes and down the valleys, step by arduous step.

Thankfully, the journey is peaceful. No soldiers from Bern, out for your blood. No heralds, bearing ill tidings. Not even the occasional villager. No, as far as you can tell, the area is almost completely deserted. It's possible that various bandits' depredations in previous years have left this border region uninhabitable, though you have no way of being able to tell for sure.

It's not until your third day into the mountains that you find something interesting - a traveller collapsed by the side of the road. No, not just a traveller - their clothes are far too fine to be that of any mere wanderer.

As you approach, and more features come into view, you realize that the traveller is a girl, though you know not from where. Her clothes bear a sigil of some kind, but it is nothing that you recognize. Clearly she must have come from some distant land, though that does beg the question of just how she managed to get up here, into these mountains.

There is, you realize after a moment, a certain irony in how this girl's situation mirrors yours from so long ago.

The thing that you take note of first, though, is the color of her hair, a striking shade of...
[ ] blue.
[ ] red.
[ ] silver.
[ ] purple.

Note that of these choices, none of these characters are from FE6/7 - rather, there's two options from Awakening, one from Sacred Stones, and one from Shadow Dragon

Hmm. I'm hoping for a flying unit.

[X] Purple

Flying? Why would they be collapsed with no mount around then? Not happening.

Also (asked permission to post this), as Enthalpy felt like reminding us what the title is...

[23:36] <@Enthalpy> Two are from Awakening, one is from Sacred Stones, one is from Shadow Dragon

Blue makes me think Eirika or Tana, but Princess and as noted there's no mount.

Purple could be the Mage girl from SS though. Or the Myrmidon girl.

Lucina, and the Dark Mage from Awakening also fit Blue and Purple receptively. I've never even touched SD though so I don't know about that one.

Dark blue, not Cyan. I would put money on Blue being Lucina.

The Dark Mage silver hair is a guy, Shadow. So I wonder, is it Robin? Clothes bear a sigil too.

Red could be Maria from Shadow Dragon.

Purple I think is from Sacred Stones. Don't think it' Marisa. Lute or perhaps even Myrrh?

Gotta say, I'm really not tempted to possibly have female Robin.

Megaolix said:
The Dark Mage silver hair is a guy, Shadow. So I wonder, is it Robin? Clothes bear a sigil too.
I said Purple for the Dark Mage. I can't tell if its Black or Purple though, so...
Megaolix said:
Purple I think is from Sacred Stones. Don't think it' Marisa. Lute or perhaps even Myrrh?
Right, Marisa and Lute are the names that I couldn't remember. Also, Myrrh be Dragon-Girl. That might be more than a little bit awkward.

Flying unit wish!

But I'm not going to vote for Silver. I get the feeling it's someone I dislike... (And there are a lot of silver-haired characters in the listed series that I dislike)

ShadowAngelBeta said:
I said Purple for the Dark Mage.

...Right. Tharja IS dark purple haired. But then who is silver-haired? None from SS or SD qualify.

Well, for now I'll go with

[X] red.

Megaolix said:
...Right. Tharja IS dark purple haired. But then who is silver-haired? None from SS or SD qualify.

Well, for now I'll go with
I think Robin's default hair color is silver. At the very least that's the color they use for the Wiki pics, so it has some weight?

But then who is blue? remember, only 2 from Awakening.

Ah well, just vote. So far it's 2 Purple, 1 Red.

Megaolix said:
But then who is blue? remember, only 2 from Awakening.

Ah well, just vote. So far it's 2 Purple, 1 Red.
just pointing it out more than anything. I think Purple is probably going to be Lute, Marisa, or Myrrh. Tana's the only one I remember with Blue hair and I don't think any females had Red hair in that game.

[x] blue

I'll take the chance that it's Lucina.

Also, Sacred Stones has Tethys who had Red Hair, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back