• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

From Distant Shores (Fire Emblem)

Bandit should die however. Obviously, bad luck may do otherwise, but the bandit do more damage than the archer.

Hmm. I think we should actually move Mark 1 Right so we don't get targeted by both brigands. Not to mention, I think we'd need to move 2 up to attack the Right brigand.

Since, If I'm reading the map right. IF we move 1 up. We can get attacked by the forest brigand attacking Lyn.

[X] Mark: 1 right, attack bandit.
[X] Lyn: 1 left, use vulnerary
[X] Minerva: 1 left

Actually, Yea. The archer could attack Minerva right now.

Can't recall how much of a negative firing into forests and mountains was though. The archer might only be able to fire at people one square away.

Lon said:
Actually, Yea. The archer could attack Minerva right now.

Can't recall how much of a negative firing into forests and mountains was though. The archer might only be able to fire at people one square away.

Archer can only fire one square away. Terrain modifier is the same as everyone else.

Also, can I convince you to just have Mark move up instead of right? Right, everyone on the right can reach him anyway, but it will make it harder to help Lyn or have others rejoin him depending on how foes move.

I'd rather not move Mark up though because the bandit right next to Lyn has a clear shot at Mark then. So we might get 4 people against him rather than just 3. And we wouldn't even be able to hurt the Brigand anyway moving just 1 up.

[X] Mark: 1 up, attack Brigand.
[X] Lyn: 1 left, use vulnerary
[X] Minerva: 1 left

Nevermind, I miscalculated.

54SOjfQ_zps21af66a4.png

Going up, We do have a chance of being attacked by 4 people. But we'll only be able to be hit by 3. So it's a lot less bad than I thought it would be.

Edit: although if we kill the archer. We might get hit by 2 mercenaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the bandit hit harder than the archer, which is why I want to take him out now.

But, we can't attack the bandit if we move up 1?

Yes, but you're shooting into a forest. And that provides a Range penalty for All range types.

Sigh, nevermind. Played the game gain to make sure. Not sure if woods and forests are the same thing though.

But there used to be a terrain type that caused Ranged abilities like bows and magic to only be able to hit enemies one square away if you were firing into them. To simulate being unable to fire through trees and stuff.

It used to annoy the heck out of me. Because I couldn't abuse the ability to hit enemies 2 squares away so it was pretty dangerous for my archers and mages.

Can't seem to find the specific terrain though.

I'm pretty sure that kind of terrain penalty would only exist in the most ANNOYING version of FE.

So check the one with bloodlines? XP

Hmm, probably in Fe 6, 7, or 8 then. Since I only played 6, 7, 8, and awakening.

But yea. forests were murder on my range units. Hated trees so god damned much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back