• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

From Distant Shores (Fire Emblem)

Count so far is 2 Purple, 2 Red and 1 Blue. Anyone else?

[X] red.
Character list updated!
While you're not particularly inclined to just go on your merry way, whoever this is is in no shape to travel. Had you been in any other situation, you would almost certainly have helped, but today simple urgency spurs you to travel swiftly. The sooner you can reach Lycia, the sooner you can figure out just why you were attacked, the better you can keep Lyn - and yourself - safe.

Lyn, however, is not the type of person to simply abandon a stranger in need, and you cannot simply refuse her, not when that same desire resulted in your meeting her in the first place. At her insistence, you end up making camp there for the moment, despite the many hours of daylight that yet remain, hours that you could have spent travelling rather than waiting.

It's not until late in the afternoon that the stranger awakens. You're sitting by her bedside when it happens, taking your shift while Lyn stands watch outside, on the off chance that some bandits might still be hanging around the area. She awakens almost instantly - dead to the world in one moment, and on her feet in the next.

Her reflexes betray her - this woman has seen conflict once, if long ago - these reflexes are not ones that are easily forgotten.

"You were a soldier," you note.

She nods slowly, still looking at you suspiciously. "Once," she confirms. "Many years ago."

For a moment, the two of you stare at each other in an awkward sort of mutual appraisal. In the end, it's you that breaks the awkward silence. "I found you unconscious in the mountains," you say, by way of explanation. "My name is Mark."

She nods. "Minerva," she replies, after a moment of thought.

"What were you doing, collapsed in the mountains?"

She shrugs half-heartedly. "I was-"

Lyn chooses that moment to burst into the tent. "Bandits!"

Damn. Your conversation will have to wait until after this is dealt with, then. "Minerva, can you fight?"

"I had to abandon my wyvern to travel, and it looks like both of you use swords. If you can find me an axe or a lance to use, I'll be fine defending myself, but I've never been particularly adept at using swords." She shrugs. "Well, good enough to take care of some bandits, I suppose."

She still looks pale and haggard, you note, and it seems that she still hasn't entirely recovered from whatever it was that caused her to collapse.

[ ] Lend her your sword. Just in case.
[ ] You and Lyn are more than capable of taking some bandits on your own. No need to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Flying unit! (Even though she doesn't have it...)

... wait, Minerva? What the hell is she doing here?

[X] You and Lyn are more than capable of taking some bandits on your own. No need to worry.

[] You and Lyn are more than capable of taking some bandits on your own. No need to worry.

She is injured so she needs rest. Plus its just some bandits they are not gonna be much of a problem.

Hadiz said:
She is injured so she needs rest. Plus its just some bandits they are not gonna be much of a problem.

I agree with the first, though the last... eh. Bandits for our level could be quite a problem. Especially if they have a numbers advantage.

Just a note enthalpy, but giving her a sword just gives her a mean to defend herself if a bandit somehow reach her, right (and Mark doesn't have a sword to use in battle)?

Yep. You're trading your sword to her.

[X] Lend her your sword. Just in case.

Because sometimes shit can happen. Sure, the fight will be harder for Mark, but still.

Vote Change!

Well I hope she does not stab herself with the low skill score.

There's a whole lot of bandits scattered throughout the forest surrounding the path that you've been travelling along, and judging from the loud shouts coming from the distance, there's more on their way. As the three of you walk outside, ready to fight, Minerva sways a bit on her feet. It seems you'll have to keep her out of harm's way for now - you doubt she'll be able to sustain any more injuries.

Turn 1
Objective: Defeat boss.

2TnpRur.png

[ ] Plans?

So don't fight a bandit in the mountain but.

Maybe we can send Lyn and Mark after the brigand on the right. Then move our injured wyvern lord to the right behind us and trade the vulnerary.

Then work our way up.

I don't think in-story injuries can be healed like that.

Anyway, thinking about plan now. Lyn can murder them all, but the goal again is to get Mark levels...

The best thing to do is to probably make it so the enemy has to come in from the roads while we stay in the forests for that delicious environment defense bonus.

This is exactly why I said giving her the sword is useless. If Mark had the sword, that bandit with an axe wouldn't be much of a problem.

[X] Mark: 1 right, attack bandit.
[X] Lyn: 1 up, two left. Attack bandit.
[X] Minerva: 2 left.

Unless teh dices is REALLY set on killing Lyn, that should mope not only the bandit on the left, but the left merc two. If Mark can hit now and one enemy turn, his bandit will die too.

How middle merc and archer may react, not sure... Archer will be forced out of the forest if it want to attack however. Hopefully, all our hits are in and half of them are dead on turn 1, making next turn less troublesome, even if Mark or Lyn must heal next turn.

Larekko12 said:
Then move our injured wyvern lord to the right behind us and trade the vulnerary.

For the duration of this chapter, Minerva's max HP is locked at 5.

Yes. The standard movement penalties for moving across hills apply.

Lyn: 17 to hit, 40 to crit: HIT. Bandit 1: 53.5 to hit, 5 to crit: MISS. Lyn: 55.5 to hit, 84 to crit: HIT. +28 EXP.
Mark: 23.5 to hit, 76 to crit: HIT

Bandit 2: 65.5 to hit, 20 to crit: MISS. Mark: 77.5 to hit, 2 to crit: MISS.
Mercenary 1: 55 to hit, 47 to crit: MISS. Lyn: 15.5 to hit, 4 to crit: CRIT. +29 EXP.
Level up! +MHP +SPD +LUK
Mercenary 2: 43.5 to hit, 10 to crit: HIT. Lyn: 75.5 to hit, 22 to crit: MISS.
Archer 1: 62.5 to hit, 60 to crit: MISS. Mark: 61.5 to hit, 78 to crit: HIT.

Turn 1
Objective: Defeat boss.

54SOjfQ.png

Allied Units:
Lyn
Mark
Minerva

Enemy Units:
Bandit 1
Bandit 2
Mercenary 1
Mercenary 2
Mercenary 3
Archer 1
Indrik (Boss)

[ ] Plans?

That damn merc 2 is still at full health...

Not much choice here... I don't want them ganging up on Lyn.

[X] Mark: 1 up, attack Brigand.
[X] Lyn: 1 Left, use vulnerary
[X] Minerva: 1 left

Mark should kill Brigand. Archer and Merc 3 should then focus on him, while Merc 2 focus on Lyn. Reason for using vulnerary now is that otherwise, Archer would go target her.

If all go right, archer and bandit are dead and mercs shoudl be half dead. Still, to bad we missed teh killing blow so that bandit is already dead.

[X] Plan Megaolix.

That could leave Mark triple teamed by the archer/merc/bandit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back