• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

ReinZero said:
Why not 'combine' the two in sense. That the latter is used to scale the former, using a ratio between the two? Or something along those lines. Having access to a stupid amount of power doesn't strictly translate into the ability to use it effectively... without consequences... or without physical limitations... or say, bodily limitations.
That will probably be for the best.

Uhm, I have an possible idea. Solars are all about "Abilities backed by Essence", right? What if Transfer give the target the ability to do the same?

Basically a sort of all-purpose Excellency, letting them instintually use Essence to do what they normally do but better? In the case of Kiba, the speed and number of swords he can create depends on his own abilities to use Sword Birth, right?

To empower objects...maybe giving them a temporarly Artifact status, since those are objects that can channel Essence? Something along those lines.

Hell, who said the changes are to be temporarly?

Well Solars are perfection, and Boosted gear is doubling, something that allows them to double (possibly several times) an aspect of their powers?
with how many doubles they get related to how many motes we give them?

Alexander said:

Uhm, I have an possible idea. Solars are all about "Abilities backed by Essence", right? What if Transfer give the target the ability to do the same?

Basically a sort of all-purpose Excellency, letting them instintually use Essence to do what they normally do but better? In the case of Kiba, the speed and number of swords he can create depends on his own abilities to use Sword Birth, right?

To empower objects...maybe giving them a temporarly Artifact status, since those are objects that can channel Essence? Something along those lines.

I would suggest the non-temporary be shoved into something else, like the pieces thing. Though something like passive, 'adjustments' over repeated/prolonged effect of it would allow for say, better control/use of it when affected?

This way you can scale it overtime as things progress...? Of course, that depends on party-play and what not....

Oh right, is there anything saying Transfer's effect can't be technically taken to be used as a basis to help speed along the pieces project? After all, the concept is similar to a point. Plus, for case on commonality or whatever, this is because of the specific Boost Gear... and it's capabilities, combined with an Exalt's.

I have a very OP idea:

[transfer] allows us to spend motes from our overdrive pool to temporarily copy (double) any sacred gear held by an ally (or us) and grant it to any other ally (or ourselves), with each gears having it's own cost.

It's not to outlandish Boosted gear did something similar to Divine Dividing.

I havn't read the "end-game" books, but a 4000X boost seems absurd.

surely giving something like that to Rias would be the same as destroying whatever city her enemy is in, right?

I mean, sure dragon shot is absurdly OP, but it's limited by it's own OP-ness.

we can't use it in a standard battle, because it would involve mass murder via collateral damage.

I guess we need Thunder Hammer just to throw people into the air, so we can fire it directly upwards without nuking the city.

We're a Twilight, right? So why not use two aspects of that for Transfer: teaching and item creation.

So, for every 10 motes we transfer to them, the rate they learn stuff is increased by 100%. So pump in 60 motes into them, and they learn 7 times faster then normal. However, these motes disappear at a rate of 5 per day, and once they're all gone, the benefit disappears. Additionally, every time it drops down to a multiple of 10, the bonus decreases.

For example: Issei transfer 60 motes to Ruby, meaning Ruby now learns things 7x faster. After two days of this, she's down to 50 motes, and her learning speed drops to 6x. Once she drops to 10 motes, it's down to 2x, and two days later, she loses her last more, and loses the benefits.

If, however, Issei transferred 65 motes, she would still only learn 7x her normal speed, but has 3 days of such learning speeds, before it hits 50 and the bonus decreases to 6x.

As for transfer, for every mote we spend on an object we are creating, we gain success. Alternatively, we can spend 10 motes to increase the quality of the item, or if making an artefact, spend (current rating x 10) motes to increase it's rating by 1(maximum 5). If the object is already as high as it can go, it instead halves the number of successes required, or decreases intervals required(years to seasons, seasons to months), users choice.

iamnuff said:
surely giving something like that to Rias would be the same as destroying whatever city her enemy is in, right?

I guess we need Thunder Hammer just to throw people into the air, so we can fire it directly upwards without nuking the city.
That actually happens to Kyoto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:

I like this idea. I'd agree with making making it permanent a bit more difficult. They basically have to have enough motes in them for their body to grow accustomed to running that way.

I think an excellent balance way to handle it, so that Issei can potentially more easily add humans without special abilities to his harem, is that people without a person source of power or magic can more easily have the effects become permanent. Basically a devil or fallen angel(even a sacred gear using normal human) has their own source of power which asserts itself & will tend to erode the affect of the essence infused in them unless they have consistent exposure to it. A mundane human has no such tolerance or magic which will assert itself, so it's far easier for say Aika or one of the idiot trio to gain a permanent boost from using essance. Because they are starting from a lower "floor" so to speak they had to receive multiple enhancements before they even reach the level of say Mittelt. Diminishing returns come into play, and each infusion of essence they adapt to increases their power less & less over time.

Okay, I think I see a pattern forming. For now let's concentrate on the "empowering others" part.

Taking "Power-Awarding Prana" and the Dragon-blooded "Terrestrial (Ability) Reinforcement" as a base:

-The target gains a motepool of Solar Essence motes. The size of the mote pool is equal to the number of motes the Solar spent to empower them.

And for this we are clear. Now for the details:

-The target can't regain motes like a Solar do. He loses motes at the rate of four per hour.
-The target can Stunt like a Solar and recover motes the same way. Three-die Stunts are always treated as Two-die Stunts. Same with Willpower use and recovery.

The motepool disappears once all motes are spent. However as long as the motepool exists the target gain access to:

Gifted Excellency - Solar Transcendence (tentative name of course)

This Charm is a combination of all three basic Solar Excellency. Only one of them can be selected and used at each activation, and they are not stackable in the same action. The target can use this Charm for any relevant roll that include an Ability in which he has at least one dot.

Simple and efficient. What do you think?

I would also like to remember you than you aren't limited to those Charms and powers and stop. The 32x Boosts someone talked about is something that Issei learned later, he couldn't do it before because he was too weak.

Same here: you start with weak effects and then gradually upgrade to more powerful effects. Like a Charm tree.

This is a Quest. Like a RPG, you need to build up your strength for the basics.

Sounds like a good base charm to start with, might be nice if it also had the effect of awakening mortals essences as a side effect, having there chakra's blasted open by Solar Essence would probably have an effect like that after all

EternitynChaos said:
Sounds like a good base charm to start with, might be nice if it also had the effect of awakening mortals essences as a side effect, having there chakra's blasted open by Solar Essence would probably have an effect like that after all
I will consider it. Not immediate, but frequent exposure may cause that.

This is quoted from vol. 2:
"Kibaaaaaa!"

I put all my strength to my legs and got up! Haha, I can hear screams from various places in my body! But keep moving for a bit more, my body! And—

I sprint! I sprint towards Kiba!

"Release your Sacred Geeeeeear!"

Kiba seems confused at my shout. But he put his sword on the ground and howls highly!

"Sword Birth!"

PING!

The ground glows, and lots of demonic swords appears. It's here!

I thrust my fist on the glowing ground and shout!

"Boosted Gear! The second ability!"

With the power I increased with my Sacred Gear, I send the power to the ground! There is only one target! Kiba's ability to create demonic swords!

"Boosted Gear Gift!"

[Transfer.]

PING!!

The sound of metal rumbling violently echoes through the area.

All of the sports court becomes a sea of swords. There are different shapes of swords in various places where the blades are directed towards the sky. The whole area becomes like a display area of demonic swords.

All of them are the demonic swords created by Kiba.

—The second power, "Boosted Gear Gift".

The effect is to send the power that I boosted with the gauntlet to other people or objects and increase its power drastically. I sent my power to Kiba's demonic swords through the ground. And this is the result.

It increased the power of creating demonic swords and the area around us became a field of blades.
Notice how Issei targeted Kiba's ability to create swords, not the guy himself. What he did is increase the surface of the area affected by Sword Birth, not just increase the power of the SG. Because doing the latter would have resulted in Kiba creating better and stronger swords, but what they needed at the time was a bigger AOE attack, not a single stronger one.

Alexander said:
-The target gains a motepool of Solar Essence motes. The size of the mote pool is equal to the number of motes the Solar spent to empower them.

so, what is this good for, exactly?

what can solar essence do without solar charms? (they don't get charms with this, right?) what can it be used for, how does it differ from the essence of an Awakened Mortal?

-The target can't regain motes like a Solar do. He loses motes at the rate of four per hour.
-The target can Stunt like a Solar and recover motes the same way. Three-die Stunts are always treated as Two-die Stunts. Same with Willpower use and recovery.

so... it lasts until you stop being awesome? or you blow all your remaining essence in a single move?

on that note, how do NPC's stunt anyway? would we have to write-in and assume control over them for every action, or would they just continue doing cool stuff without our input, but gain motes for it?

Gifted Excellency - Solar Transcendence (tentative name of course)

This Charm is a combination of all three basic Solar Excellency. Only one of them can be selected and used at each activation, and they are not stackable in the same action. The target can use this Charm for any relevant roll that include an Ability in which he has at least one dot.

what exactly do Excellencies do anyway? as far as i can tell from the wiki, you just throw motes at an action to gain extra dice for it?

so if say... Yang, was boosted by our solar essence, she could use her Combat Excellency to throw an extra five motes into a single attack, gaining five extra dice for it. or three motes for a guaranteed success, which is cool too.
that seems pretty useful

. . .
I feel like Boosted Gear have the crappiest name among the Longinus. :p

iamnuff said:
so... it lasts until you stop being awesome? or you blow all your remaining essence in a single move?

on that note, how do NPC's stunt anyway? would we have to write-in and assume control over them for every action, or would they just continue doing cool stuff without our input, but gain motes for it?
Until you stop being awesome and let all motes disappear. The motepool disappear when the last mote is used, but it lasts until there are motes.
what exactly do Excellencies do anyway? as far as i can tell from the wiki, you just throw motes at an action to gain extra dice for it?

so if say... Yang, was boosted by our solar essence, she could use her Combat Excellency to throw an extra five motes into a single attack, gaining five extra dice for it. or three motes for a guaranteed success, which is cool too.
that seems pretty useful
First Excellency: add 1 dice to a [Attribute+Ability] roll for 1 mote. Ideal in combat.
Second Excellency: add 1 automatic success to a [Attribute+Ability] roll for 2 motes. Ideal when doing long tasks like creating something.
Third Excellency: roll again a [Attribute+Ability] roll if the first result isn't of your linking, and then pick the one you want among them.

Those Excellency are used to, putting simply, making actions better: dodging better, hitting better, learning better, etc.

Larekko12 said:
So transfer give them 75 excellencies?
No, just for those Abilities in which the target has at least one dot. It's a way to simulate a generic power-up using Exalted mechanisms.

In a way, Issei is Transferring part of an Exalted's potential.

I wonder how the rest of the cast will react to transfer. I expect it to be hilarious XD

noahgab1133 said:
I wonder how the rest of the cast will react to transfer. I expect it to be hilarious XD

After the last major bombshell we dropped on them I see as a personal mission to try & top that revelation whenever possible.

"Why hi Rias! Meet my two new teammates. Did I mention they were Sacred Gear users! Dragon the dragon who lives in my head tells me they were bearers of Sacred gears of the Horsemen on Death & War that he himself fought! Isn't that cool!?

Bright, that millennia old God-Queen I mentioned who also lives in my head tells me that she knows how to teach techniques from her world to my teammates! Unfortunately they can't learn to use charms that the Celestial Exalted, that is Solar Exalts like me & similiar demi-gods can use.

But don't you worry! I found a work around! Apparently if they can't use it with their own power they can borrow mine. Using "Transfer" I can give my teammates parts of my own power letting them using Solar Exalted charms like mime. Or just basically use that power to be more awesome in general! Great Right?"

I'm looking forward to Rias's Peerage meeting our extend group :3.

I will be shocked if they don't notice a ...trend...with three blonde bombshells in attendance( & Ruby!) & the endearing & undeniably cute Ruby!

That's mean. All our ladies are attractive in their own way.

Lon said:
That's mean. All our ladies are attractive in their own way.

You're right :3. I've edited it.

From Rias's position, she knows we literally walked into Asia & saved her life & drawing her & Mittelt into our group. Then she learns we ran into another Sacred Gear bearer in a completely unrelated incident & drew her & her sister into our group. Then not only can the dragon & god-queen who share our headspace talk to us, they can teach us techniques! The god-queen even knows techniques that our teammates can learn, & we found a workaround to let them borrow our power to use techniques they otherwise couldn't. This is off-course just a stop-gap till we can make artifacts to let them use our abilities whenever we want!

Wow Rias is going to want us to join her peerage more than ever won't she? She really wanted us before but the parts in bold she only learned at our last meeting, or will at our next one.

Issei's attractive traits
1) Issei is extremely powerful. He's only a human yet he's managed to best Raynore in combat twice, & Dohnaseek once in single combat. An attractive feat for a "mere" human
2) Issei is extremely competent & effective in completing tasks he pursues. Issei has managed to perform admirably when Rias called upon him in the feral devil affair & managed to satisfactorily resolve the The Old Shrine affair & save Asia when her plight become evident to him. While the latter acts where issues Issei resolved on Rias's behalf they indicate how proficient he is in completing tasks he sets his mind to. Attractive traits in a follower.
3) Issei is very charismatic & adept at solving problems without excessive use of force-Something Rias seems interested in
-Issei managed to get Kiba out of a tough spot(even if we only delayed the problem)
-We managed to work out a profitable arrangement for the Kami spirit
-We managed to challenge Raynore to a second one on one fight without involving the priests
-We managed to smooth over a tense situation with Aika, becoming her friend(again)
4) Despite his personal power & ability Issei remains displays several heroic traits, wishing to use his strength to save others in distress & limit the harm to others, even going so far as to obtaining medical care for Raynore when she tried to kill us initially-This is something that Rias must find very attractive given...well...Raiser
-Saving Asia
-Abe Kiyome
-Saving Raynore's life when she initially tried to kill us
-Resolving various mysteries & threats for the sole goal of helping other people out(the temple, seeking out gangsters & investigating the snakes)
5) Issei is the holder of a Longinus Sacred Gear
6) Issei also has a foreign power from another world making him in his own words "a demi-god"

In addition to Issei's already impressive accomplishments & abilities we're quite the catch for other reasons.
1) Our teammates.
-If Rias can convince Issei to join her peerage, she'll basically guarantee grabbing Mittelt & Asia. Moreover she'll have an in in attracting another two powerful Sacred Gear users herself.
2) Issei's abilities are synergistic
-We can teach techniques from another world, abilities that no devil, fallen angel or angel could possibly know. Tactically having unknown abilities your opponents won't know how to counter is very valuable.
-We can empower teammates with our abilities drastically increasing their own power & allowing Rias a lot more tactical flexibility, including having Issei buff one of her teammates whose better suited towards a target but may lack the power to otherwise strike them

Of course, I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to make us her servant. Canon!Issei required 8 pawn pieces. Solar!Issei would likely require more now. And Rias only has a Rook(5), a Knight(3), 2 Bishops(3 each) and 5 pawns(1 each). And since you can't mix-and-match them, Rias doesn't have any pieces capable of reincarnating Issei as a Devil.

Of course, the pieces "worth" increase over time, and depends on the "Kings" power, but by the time Rias is powerful enough that she could get Issei as he is now, Issei will have become a lot stronger.

staplesdex2 said:
Too bad some of the Pawn pieces were already used.

I take it as a good sign myself. Not interested in being part of her peerage. Having Rias want us to be part of it though does give us advantages though...

BFldyq said:
Of course, I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to make us her servant. Canon!Issei required 8 pawn pieces. Solar!Issei would likely require more now. And Rias only has a Rook(5), a Knight(3), 2 Bishops(3 each) and 5 pawns(1 each). And since you can't mix-and-match them, Rias doesn't have any pieces capable of reincarnating Issei as a Devil.

Of course, the pieces "worth" increase over time, and depends on the "Kings" power, but by the time Rias is powerful enough that she could get Issei as he is now, Issei will have become a lot stronger.

What's your source for how much each piece is worth?

megrisvernin said:
I take it as a good sign myself. Not interested in being part of her peerage. Having Rias want us to be part of it though does give us advantages though...

What's your source for how much each piece is worth?
It's actual chess shorthand, with a rook being worth five pawns, a bishop worth three, and so on.

Also, stated in the series itself.

BFldyq said:
Also, stated in the series itself.

Enohthree said:
It's actual chess shorthand, with a rook being worth five pawns, a bishop worth three, and so on.

Noted. Thanks.

I take it then we could have been part of her peerage at the start of the series but now, well, too late.

I do wonder what level of training from hell Rias might be willing to put herself through if we brought the issue up with her? That unless she made herself stronger we were already out of reach...

megrisvernin said:
I do wonder what level of training from hell Rias might be willing to put herself through if we brought the issue up with her? That unless she made herself stronger we were already out of reach...
The fact that the worth of the Evil Pieces increases is currently unknown. Ajuka reveals that fact later in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back