• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Investigate the Snake Gang. Possibly make an outing of it with Yang and Ruby if they seem competent enough to handle themselves in a fight.

[X] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.

[X] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.

I rather wait until we have an actual investigation skill before we go and try investigating anything. We actually have crafting skills though so vote crafting~!

Mu-Sensei's masks, they would rate as Artifact 1, I think?

Alexander said:
Mu-Sensei's masks, they would rate as Artifact 1, I think?
The core has an artifact 2 mask that allows you to have free control over your appearance. Preventing people from remembering what you look like may be a much more complicated procedure since it's similar in benefit to a Sidereal's arcane fate but you can turn it on and off when you want.

Bloodshifter said:
Likely 2 as what he is after is Supernatural in nature and would usually require a Charm.
Alright. Artifact 2 for: Issei, Mittelt, Yang, Ruby and Asia.

...Maybe the old, tested hood over your head is better?

Alexander said:
Alright. Artifact 2 for: Issei, Mittelt, Yang, Ruby and Asia.

...Maybe the old, tested hood over your head is better?

That works. We don't need to make ourselves look like someone else, we just need to conceal our identity at least at this stage. When we start actually fighting people(if it comes to that) it might be worth to have masks that came make us look like someone else for opsec reasons. Particularly if we end up talking or meeting with whoever is in charge of this racket.

On a side note Alexander would making the masks take long enough to necessitate delaying investigating the snakes to next week?

Agh. I'm glad to see an update after a hot, tiring day. The sun's beating down hard in my area...

megrisvernin said:
On a side note Alexander would making the masks take long enough to necessitate delaying investigating the snakes to next week?
Since they're Artifact 2 the answer is yes. This is something that needs time and the right tools.

Alexander said:
Since they're Artifact 2 the answer is yes. This is something that needs time and the right tools.

Okay. Alexander there any additional options that will come available next weekend, especially time sensitive ones, that we should be aware or delay planning to handle investigating the Snakes then?

I'll like to inform Ruby & Yang of our plans to investigate the snakes then & let them know about the identity concealing hoods. It's a way IC to feel out whether Yang or Ruby might refuse or be reluctant to wear them. You can have the call happen off-screen I'd prefer to begin the setup now. Also will the artifacts conceal our identity(like wearing a baklava or masks) , make it difficult to remember what we look like or actually alter our appearance?

On another note I am out all day tomorrow, so the thread is all yours.

If someone wants to propose ideas or omakes he's free to do.

If someone has an idea about the "objects" part of Transfer, the points that need to stay true for all versions are:

-The stats that can be doubled/increased are: base damage and soak (since speed depends on the wielder is useless to add it)
-If the object has special powers their effects can be increased too.
-Objects can be boosted only a certain number of times before break

megrisvernin said:
Okay. Alexander there any additional options that will come available next weekend, especially time sensitive ones, that we should be aware or delay planning to handle investigating the Snakes then?

I'll like to inform Ruby & Yang of our plans to investigate the snakes then & let them know about the identity concealing hoods. It's a way IC to feel out whether Yang or Ruby might refuse or be reluctant to wear them. You can have the call happen off-screen I'd prefer to begin the setup now. Also will the artifacts conceal our identity(like wearing a baklava or masks) , make it difficult to remember what we look like or actually alter our appearance?
That would be telling, but I can tell you that interesting things are waiting next turn for Issei.

You can choose the effect you like best.

Smuthunter said:
The core has an artifact 2 mask that allows you to have free control over your appearance. Preventing people from remembering what you look like may be a much more complicated procedure since it's similar in benefit to a Sidereal's arcane fate but you can turn it on and off when you want.

Sure, having everyone remembering our face differently is neat, but the idea is more like DxD [Hypnosis]'s with a command of: "Forget my face if you're seeing me for the First time", set to the mask, always active. If you look at our faces too closely, you looke at the mask and hypnosis take effect. I figured it would be a simpler, cheaper effect.

jesus christ, why are we putting so much effort into this?

just throw a ski mask on or something, no need to waste time and energy on a magic doohicky.

iamnuff said:
jesus christ, why are we putting so much effort into this?

just throw a ski mask on or something, no need to waste time and energy on a magic doohicky.
Mundane threats, like the Snakes, are the ones more likely to track down & hurt the families of those involved or try & ambush them.

It's a simple but sensible response.

Mu-Sensei said:
Sure, having everyone remembering our face differently is neat, but the idea is more like DxD [Hypnosis]'s with a command of: "Forget my face if you're seeing me for the First time", set to the mask, always active. If you look at our faces too closely, you looke at the mask and hypnosis take effect. I figured it would be a simpler, cheaper effect.

I like this idea but not the "if you're seeing me for the first time" bit. If we stake out the Snakes & one of their henchmen sees us twice the mask loses basically all potency.

Let's just go with "forget my face" or otherwise blurring our features. I wouldn't mind themed masks that made us look like we have a certain appearance but since we're split on how to organize our Peerage equivalent(as far as power ups go) I find that option a little less appealing. Mostly because we'll lose some "reputation" we might build up if we continue our vigilantee heroics with mundane threats & change our apparent appearance from the masks we'll be making now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:
On another note I am out all day tomorrow, so the thread is all yours.

If someone wants to propose ideas or omakes he's free to do.

If someone has an idea about the "objects" part of Transfer, the points that need to stay true for all versions are:

-The stats that can be doubled/increased are: base damage and soak (since speed depends on the wielder is useless to add it)
-If the object has special powers their effects can be increased too.
-Objects can be boosted only a certain number of times before break

It could be the same as the person target version but in that it grants a motepool and excellency to the object that can be used by whoever is using it. To make it distinct it can only be used for actions involving the object but the dicecap would be (ability*4) instead of (attribute+ability) and you can get dice at half price. So 1 mote for two dice or 1 mote per success.

This would make it a good use of motes for Issei to buff his weapon.

megrisvernin said:
I like this idea but not the "if you're seeing me for the first time" bit. If we stake out the Snakes & one of their henchmen sees us twice the mask loses basically all potency.
It was meant to be "if you don't know me", sorry.

And I proposed domino masks because we haven't decided just yet. They fit nearly every style!

on a side note, now that we have some defensive charms and such it might be an idea to buy a level or 2 of ox-body after we get the First Dodge Excellency, I remember seeing someone poo pooing it near the start of the quest as only giving one -0 health level, all I can say to that however is if your buying Ox Body at anything other then the 1 -1 health level, 2 -2 health level option your doing it wrong, as there are ways to reduce or ignore wound penalties and the more wounds you have the less likely we are to die, not only that it means the more time our healer has to get to us and fix us up /laugh

megrisvernin said:
Mundane threats, like the Snakes, are the ones more likely to track down & hurt the families of those involved or try & ambush them.

It's a simple but sensible response.

Hence the mask.

you did read my post, right?

we don't need a magical mask bullshit, just cover your face with something mundane, problem solved.

assuming issei ever bothers with subtlety, and considering our random martial arts battles and trecking around the block with rocks strapped to ourselves, he doesn't.

Ya, kinda have to agree, Issei kinda dosn't really do stealth, or subtle atm, he's about as stealthy as Malfeas really /laugh and with the voice in his head his likely response to some mortal finding out about him and taking offense at him muscling in on this is "Come at me Bro" as it where

iamnuff said:
Hence the mask.

you did read my post, right?

we don't need a magical mask bullshit, just cover your face with something mundane, problem solved.

assuming issei ever bothers with subtlety, and considering our random martial arts battles and trecking around the block with rocks strapped to ourselves, he doesn't.

You're kidding right? Everyone on our team is very distinctive & attractive, the kind of face & features you remember. Even worse most of them dress in ways that are bound to attract attention. Every girl is at least a bishoujo with Issei a bishonen of bishonen. Ruby can pass the easiest for normal since, despite the fact she's adorably cute, she still has dark hair & fairly normal dress. All the rest of the girls have blonde hair which will make them stick out, while Yang has a very overt sexual appeal rare in Japanese women(the style of dress & the way she flaunts it rather than her looks particularly)s & Asia dresses as a nun & Mittelt likes dressing in gothic lolita dress. We need all the help we can to keep their identities secret.

Moreover remember that Yang & Ruby, especially Ruby, want to be heroes & fight crime. They'll probably balk at any mundane masks which conceal their features necessary to effectively hide their identities. Ruby because she thinks it won't look very heroic & Yang because she's a little superficial about her looks especially her hair. Her long, golden distinctive hair. Good luck convincing her to tie it up.

Japan's Yakuza are fairly organized. I remembered at least one of their groups had access to a helicopter they used during the second Kanto-quake. They me be unable to be a direct threat against us, but don't mistake that for incompetence. With how distinctive we all are it's very easy for them to id us, & then they can raise all kinds of hell for our family. Our parents are vulnerable & they can firebomb our house.

The last thing I want is for the student president to come down on us for breaking the masquerade in front of other humans. She might look the other way as long as we're protecting students at her school but attracting the attention of the Yakuza to Kuoh will go over badly.

Magical masks will make it difficult for others to recognize their features while not being so intrusive Yang or Ruby will object. Plus magical identity obscuring masks? That's the kind of thing Ruby will love. Moreover since the masks will be designed to work on people who don't know their true identity if we let Rias & her peerage known about the masks they'll be able to see our features & be able to identify us easy in a fight. Important for cooperation & making split second decisions.

megrisvernin said:
You're kidding right? Everyone on our team is very distinctive & attractive, the kind of face & features you remember.

Moreover remember that Yang & Ruby, especially Ruby, want to be heroes & fight crime. They'll probably balk at any mundane masks which conceal their features necessary to effectively hide their identities. Ruby because she thinks it won't look very heroic

because heroes don't wear masks, right? (edit: Yang needs a luchador mask, just because)

besides, i don't remember who ruby and yang live with, but Yang apparently makes a habit of picking fights with random street thugs all the time, she obviously doesn't care about them knowing who she is.

this "disguise" is purely so they don't follow us home and harm our family, which means only Issei needs one (and Mittelt, who lives with us), and you can talk about "distinctive features" and "exceptionally handsome" as much as you like, it's hardly going to be visible through a fucking mask is it? it's not like can see our bishie sparkle through the mask right?

I don't even know why you brought Asia up, she's obviously not going to be drawing attention. she's hardly going to be fighting, is she?

don't you think these "snake" thugs have bigger things to worry about than some girl hiding around the corner waiting to heal anyone who gets hurt, when they have GLORIOUS SOLAR ISSEI up in their collective grill?

face it, you just want to brew up a needlessly complex mask, just to see if we can.

granted, they could be super useful later, but for something like this, it's total overkill.

iamnuff said:
because heroes don't wear masks, right? (edit: Yang needs a luchador mask, just because)

There's a difference in my mind between a full face mask & say a domino mask. The former makes you seem distant & aloof, the latter marks you as different but leaves enough of the face clear to make you still approachable. If it has magical properties it'll be an easy sell to convince Ruby to wear an enchanted mask(superheroes have to keep their identity secret. Yang probably will object to the full face, but we might be able to sell her on a domino mask.

iamnuff said:
besides, i don't remember who ruby and yang live with, but Yang apparently makes a habit of picking fights with random street thugs all the time, she obviously doesn't care about them knowing who she is.

If she isn't a little concerned then she's being a little foolish. Plus in fairness both her & Ruby can take care of themselves. Our parents are another matter. But if she gets IDed, it'll be one more way for them to find out who we are if we ever meet Yang in public again.

iamnuff said:
this "disguise" is purely so they don't follow us home and harm our family, which means only Issei needs one (and Mittelt, who lives with us), and you can talk about "distinctive features" and "exceptionally handsome" as much as you like, it's hardly going to be visible through a fucking mask is it? it's not like can see our bishie sparkle through the mask right?

That's the main reason. We can convince us & Mittelt to wear a full face mask. If Yang get's IDed, remember that we have two blonde foreignors living with us. It's not going to be hard for them to ask around for "another female blonde foreignor"
iamnuff said:
I don't even know why you brought Asia up, she's obviously not going to be drawing attention. she's hardly going to be fighting, is she?

If she's in the field with us, she's an accomplice & another person they'll target just from association.

iamnuff said:
don't you think these "snake" thugs have bigger things to worry about than some girl hiding around the corner waiting to heal anyone who gets hurt, when they have GLORIOUS SOLAR ISSEI up in their collective grill?

face it, you just want to brew up a needlessly complex mask, just to see if we can.

Frankly they'll go after the weakest target. If it becomes apparent we're guarding Asia if she accompanies us(and we really need to start building up combat experience for everyone) they'll make her their target of choice when researching us. The weak point they can capture & use for leverage.

Honestly this is a bit of a null issue. Seeing the Kami won this round. We'll vote on making the masks when we set up our training schedule for next week. If you can sway enough people then to vote against including it we won't make them. I'm not really interested in debating this more till then honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back