• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
I should point out that this is my read of Rias comes , from some wiki walks a few fanfics but for the most part her characterization in this quest. I'm not familiar with her depiction in the Light Novels, manga or Anime. strongly invite other questers to indicate where I am wrong or alternative arguments why my interpretation of her is off base.

You're doing a splendid job all on your own by pointing this stuff out to such a level. I think that stuff will help Alexander write the part if/when the issue comes up.

As for the part about the suffering, sorry, I had meant that as a joke. I think I might be spending too much time laughing at the insanity taking place on 4chan right now. I mean, Index just got licensed and The World God Only Knows ended in a way that a lot of the Anon's are raging and ranting over.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZipLopz said:
You're doing a splendid job all on your own by pointing this stuff out to such a level. I think that stuff will help Alexander write the part if/when the issue comes up.

As for the part about the suffering, sorry, I had meant that as a joke. I think I might be spending too much time laughing at the insanity taking place on 4chan right now. I mean, Index just got licensed and The World God Only Knows ended in a way that a lot of the Anon's are raging and ranting over.

I give a little credit to the DxD wiki. It's actually a decent resource then, enough to give you info on her characterization than say the Worm Wiki.

Alexander said:
*Read last posts*

Oh dear, Mes's post makes a lot of sense.

And while I more of less predicted emotional baggage...not on this level. But's it's logical. But I don't know if I can write it well.

Advices? I don't want to write it bad.

Whatever you do, don't just have her start kissing Issei & then moving into the sex part....like canon actually.

Since Issei is actually getting laid in this quest(especially with multiple girls) Rias should be aware that the physical side isn't enough. From all signs we might prefer other "types" of girls & she'll need to win us over on the emotional, romantic angle as much as physically enticing us. Since I think Rias is a virgin at this point & Issei is having regular sex with Mittelt, there may be some anxiety on her part that if she did go straight to sex she might not satisfy him. That would be...a pretty strong blow on her psyche & would be a decent explanation why she doesn't just try to have sex with him.

megrisvernin said:
I should point out that this is my read of Rias, from some wiki walks a few fanfics but for the most part her characterization in this quest. I strongly invite other questers to indicate where I am wrong or alternative arguments why my interpretation of her is off base.

You nailed it right on the head , I think .Thing is , as a person Rias is overshadowed in almost every aspect of her life by her heritage .She is the Gremory heir and the sister of one of the Yondai-Maou . As far as she is concerned about romance , every guy wants her for those two reasons .

Above all , she wants someone who will treasure her not as the Gremory heir , or Sirzechs' sister , but as just Rias .

In fact , I think that's why she fell in love with Issei in the LNs so quickly .

When Issei lusted after her body , she was not repulsed like any other girl would be , because that was the first time someone desired her because of her personal traits , rather than her heritage .

Giving things a bit more thought while I made myself dinner.

It occures to me that while our Issei doesn't have the crushing disbelieve in his own worth and that someone could love him like cannon, he still has an older problem it seems.

For all his big talk I notice that he's never the one to start something, he's always the one to reciprocate rather then initiate at least in the beginning of things, dispite the fact that he talks a good fight like with his thoughts on Yang.

This I think means that not only is Rias going to have to start things off, and I imagine the first time or two she may try something subtle like the two of them going out to talk about things and grabbing a meal or something, I don't know but I think like others she's going to need a kick in her cute little ass by Akeno or someone to get her to talk the big step and ask him out properly.

Not only is Rias going to have that problem but Asia may find that a stumbling block as well, though she will have Mettilt for push her I would think.

anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how you do this, and if your first try doesn't work, then its not like we can't all work on it until we get it to where you are happy, this isn't SB after all /laugh

She's also a demon, Brandark.

(And no, I don't say "devil" here. It's "akuma" in the original.)

From what we know of canon, their standards are a bit... different.

EternitynChaos said:
Giving things a bit more thought while I made myself dinner.

It occures to me that while our Issei doesn't have the crushing disbelieve in his own worth and that someone could love him like cannon, he still has an older problem it seems.

For all his big talk I notice that he's never the one to start something, he's always the one to reciprocate rather then initiate at least in the beginning of things, dispite the fact that he talks a good fight like with his thoughts on Yang.

This I think means that not only is Rias going to have to start things off, and I imagine the first time or two she may try something subtle like the two of them going out to talk about things and grabbing a meal or something, I don't know but I think like others she's going to need a kick in her cute little ass by Akeno or someone to get her to talk the big step and ask him out properly.

Not only is Rias going to have that problem but Asia may find that a stumbling block as well, though she will have Mettilt for push her I would think.

anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how you do this, and if your first try doesn't work, then its not like we can't all work on it until we get it to where you are happy, this is SB after all /laugh

This is QQ :O. But anyway Issei hasn't pursued the girls near him because of player choices. We haven't been initiating seducing them for quite a few reasons. One because we have a lot of threats we need to prepare for & dates & romantic opportunities would eat up our time right when we're about to square off with Raiser. Managing a harem is hard & we can't play favorite or it'll end badly. To that end letting the girls near Issei time get to know him & find things they like about him increases the chance of a long-term poly-amorous situation. It's also hard to accuse Issei of choosing one girl over another when he lets them initiate contact. Third because we're in a real bind with our mundane school identity. We have to maintain the masquerade or we damage Rias's reputation, & will have Sona after our head. At present we've managed to get no less than four girls to get highly attracted to us(Aika, Asia, Mittelt & Yang) without making a public spectacle of it. I'm not even sure if Rias or Sona know about our fucking Aika...More importantly openly choosing a girl to date puts us "off limits" to other girls. Because we aren't in an public relationship we can tempt Yang & Rias, without them thinking of us as a gigolo. Dating one openly & then spending a lot of time with other girls will cause a lot of nasty rumors & blowback that I don't want to deal with now.

Maybe in a little while we can choose. If Rias asks? Then I'm okay with it. Mostly because it'll make us open season for the other girls in her peerage at least.

Brandark said:
For the snippets that deal with the romantic parts , you can write them in Rashomon style , perhaps ? Once from Issei's p.o.v , and the other from the p.o.v of the girl concerned , including what they are thinking about at that point of time .

It will give us a handle on what she is feeling , her motivations , her emotional baggages etc. and add depth to her character, without dragging the plot on for too long .
Oh? I never tried something like that. Could be interesting.
EternitynChaos said:

That's right: despite his Exaltation, Issei has next to nothing experience about how to start a relationship. His thoughts on Yang were...let's call them a boast, fueled by the fight's excitement: but even if he said that, he still has no idea how to begin making it a reality. For now at least.

I try writing the lives of inexperienced teenagers, and find it difficult :'(

Alexander said:
Oh? I never tried something like that. Could be interesting.That's right: despite his Exaltation, Issei has next to nothing experience about how to start a relationship. His thoughts on Yang were...let's call them a boast, fueled by the fight's excitement: but even if he said that, he still has no idea how to begin making it a reality. For now at least.

I try writing the lives of inexperienced teenagers, and find it difficult :'(

I find your quest a lot more interesting than the little I know of DxD. This is frankly one of the top 5 most enjoyable quests I'm following at the moment & man am I invested in this Issei.

Indeed, I think its the first Quest I've read that I've gone back and reread it twice after the first read while waiting for new posts /laugh and I'm getting close to a third reread.

EternitynChaos said:
Indeed, I think its the first Quest I've read that I've gone back and reread it twice after the first read while waiting for new posts /laugh and I'm getting close to a third reread.
Wow :eek: I feel honored :))

Alright, I feel motivated now. I will probably write the next post today. I will be short however since Issei still has Sunday to go through, and wasting a full day of time is a no-no, so you can choose how to use it.

Alexander said:

Alright, I feel motivated now. I will probably write the next post today. I will be short however since Issei still has Sunday to go through, and wasting a full day of time is a no-no, so you can choose how to use it.

Ah true. On a side note will we have a chance to speak with Sona Sunday? I don't know Japan's school schedule so I have no idea if Kuoh Academy is open or available to clubs.

Personally I'd like the chance to introduce Yang & Ruby on a weekend or day with few students present to minimize the possibility of them getting harassed/swamped by students.

Registered because of this quest :-[

Alexander said:

What I really like about it is how it keeps the core of Ise's character while still making him different from canon. In a world with OC main characters everywhere in DxD fanon. This fic is a blessing. It also hels it's damn good. I'm in the middle of rereading it myself. I also love the conversations and ideas we have here. They're so much fun!

Yeah wasting a day with the shitstorms coming out way (stating with the arrogant ass Raiser was before he got his ass kicked) is not a good idea.

Alexander said:

Does using the whole day doing nothing except learning the hora with Bright-sensei and Ddraig as Stamina training and Lore (Hora)? :p >:D

Diller said:
What I really like about it is how it keeps the core of Ise's character while still making him different from canon. In a world with OC main characters everywhere in DxD fanon. This fic is a blessing. It also hels it's damn good. I'm in the middle of rereading it myself. I also love the conversations and ideas we have here. They're so much fun!

Yeah wasting a day with the shitstorms coming out way (stating with the arrogant ass Raiser was before he got his ass kicked) is not a good idea.

My feel is that we have a week or so before events kick into high gear. Alexander also has the right to delay the Raiser Event if he wants too for narrative reasons. I never saw a clear reason why Raiser showed up when he did, aside from one of his peerage catching Rias about to have sex with Issei. Something which is not close to happening yet...

megrisvernin said:
Ah true. On a side note will we have a chance to speak with Sona Sunday? I don't know Japan's school schedule so I have no idea if Kuoh Academy is open or available to clubs.

Personally I'd like the chance to introduce Yang & Ruby on a weekend or day with few students present to minimize the possibility of them getting harassed/swamped by students.
Club activities can be held on Sunday. Surprisingly enough, even is Sona is such a serious person (bordering on work-alcoholic) she rarely call the Council on Sunday. So the chances to find her are low.

I read Shards of an Exalted Dream. Following them, I am going to add those changes:

-Drive is included under Ride. It includes animals and small vehicles like cars, camion and jets.
-Sail is used for big vehicles, like airplanes, made to transport a large number of people.
-Firearms is included under Archery.
-Hacking is included under Lore. It can be a Specialty, but you can try it even without it. [Common Sense: considering the requirements and the way to apply Penalty, Second Lore Excellency is recommended. Or other Charms.]
-Messages posted on social media, like the Internet, and enchanted with motes will, after been read by a group of people with a Magnitude equal to its creator's (Essence + 2), lose their effects. The message will remain unchanged, but the effects will disappear. For Issei, this mean a maximum of 650 people.

Alexander said:
Club activities can be held on Sunday. Surprisingly enough, even is Sona is such a serious person (bordering on work-alcoholic) she rarely call the Council on Sunday. So the chances to find her are low.

I read Shards of an Exalted Dream. Following them, I am going to add those changes:

-Drive is included under Ride. It includes animals and small vehicles like cars, camion and jets.
-Sail is used for big vehicles, like airplanes, made to transport a large number of people.
-Firearms is included under Archery.
-Hacking is included under Lore. It can be a Specialty, but you can try it even without it. [Common Sense: considering the requirements and the way to apply Penalty, Second Lore Excellency is recommended. Or other Charms.]
-Messages posted on social media, like the Internet, and enchanted with motes will, after been read by a group of people with a Magnitude equal to its creator's (Essence + 2), lose their effects. The message will remain unchanged, but the effects will disappear. For Issei, this mean a maximum of 650 people.

Hmm. Might be a good chance to introduce Yang & Ruby then. I do want to have them showup before whatever event happens next week & since they attend class themselves at a different school, this seems like one of the few times we can do so openly without them being swamped by students. Maybe even give them a tour of the building. Maximizes the chances of Issei finding Sona without explicitly looking for her.

megrisvernin said:
Hmm. Might be a good chance to introduce Yang & Ruby then. I do want to have them showup before whatever event happens next week & since they attend class themselves at a different school, this seems like one of the few times we can do so openly. Maybe even give them a tour of the building. Maximizes the chances of fighting Sona without explictly looking for her.

I assume you mean finding.

megrisvernin said:
My feel is that we have a week or so before events kick into high gear. Alexander also has the right to delay the Raiser Event if he wants too for narrative reasons. I never saw a clear reason why Raiser showed up when he did, aside from one of his peerage catching Rias about to have sex with Issei. Something which is not close to happening yet...

Actually if memory serves me right that was Grayfia and Rias was bout to have sex with Ise to get out of the arrangement because she was about to married very soon.

Diller said:
I assume you mean finding.

Actually if memory serves me right that was Grayfia and Rias was bout to have sex with Ise to get out of the arrangement because she was about to married very soon.

Soon is relative. It being two weeks instead of one could give us more time to pace the story flow a little better & still be considered "soon".

You want to introduce Ruby and Yang to the Occult Research Club (Rias) or to the Student Council (Sona)?

Alexander said:
You want to introduce Ruby and Yang to the Occult Research Club (Rias) or to the Student Council (Sona)?

Oh the Occult Research Club. No reason to introduce them to Sona at all. I'd prefer that meeting be personal between us & her or her staff. I seem to be missing more details in my posts. Might be close to time for sleep for me...

megrisvernin said:

One of his peerage? I thought it was Grayfia who caught Issei and Rias .

As for the reason he showed up , supposedly it was Rias' father and Sirzechs who pushed to bring the date of the marriage forward . Of course this is from Raiser's mouth , an unreliable narrator , in this case.

I like to think it was Rias' father only and not Sirzechs who pushed for the marriage , considering the lengths Sirzechs and Grayfia went to help Rias cancel the marriage.

But this raises another question . Last time both Rias' and Raiser's father were content to let the matter go , as they were impressed by the power of a newly reincarnated devil , and his devotion to Rias . They considered both Rias and the underworld to be in good hands . But this time , Issei is not a devil , and we do not have any guarantee that our fight will them as audience as the canon rating game . Are they going to simply let the matter rest this time?

Brandark said:
One of his peerage? I thought it was Grayfia who caught Issei and Rias .

As for the reason he showed up , supposedly it was Rias' father and Sirzechs who pushed to bring the date of the marriage forward . Of course this is from Raiser's mouth , an unreliable narrator , in this case.

I like to think it was Rias' father only and not Sirzechs who pushed for the marriage , considering the lengths Sirzechs and Grayfia went to help Rias cancel the marriage.

But this raises another question . Last time both Rias' and Raiser's father were content to let the matter go , as they were impressed by the power of a newly reincarnated devil , and his devotion to Rias . They considered both Rias and the underworld to be in good hands . But this time , Issei is not a devil , and we do not have any guarantee that our fight will them as audience as the canon rating game . Are they going to simply let the matter rest this time?

Hrrm. You're right. & Time to head for sleep if I'm recalling details like that wrong.

Issei's status does complicate matters. It doesn't help that we're not bound to Rias by particularly strong ties at this point. We're affiliated with her yes, but that has only been going on for a relatively short-time & we're not romantically involved...

I don't want Rias trying to steal our students from us.

I think she is smart enough not to try that, after all if she gets us in her Peerage then she has a good hook on our students, if she manages to poach one of our students however it may very well mean she has lost any chance of us working with her, let alone joining her peerage

Selias said:
I don't want Rias trying to steal our students from us.

:/. We have some strong hooks in them. This is an odd concern & an unfounded one to me.

Mittelt isn't going to join her full stop. Women Issues, mostly around us, means there's little to no chance of that. Asia will follow our lead.

Ruby wants to be a hero. Hearing that they are devils...is going to make a Wannabe hero suspicious. Devil doesn't exactly have a positive connotation in most folklore. Yang, well, she's an alpha female if a mostly hands off one. The entire idea of a peerage, especially with Akeno in second place means she's not at all interested. Permanent binding ties don't seem her style.

megrisvernin said:
Hrrm. You're right. & Time to head for sleep if I'm recalling details like that wrong.

Issei's status does complicate matters. It doesn't help that we're not bound to Rias by particularly strong ties at this point. We're affiliated with her yes, but that has only been going on for a relatively short-time & we're not romantically involved...

Well we did say we'd probably take Rias viriginty if she came to us and explain why she'd have sex with us.

megrisvernin said:
:/. We have some strong hooks in them. This is an odd concern & an unfounded one to me.

Mittelt isn't going to join her full stop. Women Issues, mostly around us, means there's little to no chance of that. Asia will follow our lead.

Ruby wants to be a hero. Hearing that they are devils...is going to make a Wannabe hero suspicious. Devil doesn't exactly have a positive connotation in most folklore. Yang, well, she's an alpha female if a mostly hands off one. The entire idea of a peerage, especially with Akeno in second place means she's not at all interested. Permanent binding ties don't seem her style.

Agreed . I don't think we have to worry about Rias stealing our girls . As megrisvernin said , we have quite strong ties with them , and as for Rias they are just about to be introduced .

I don't think anybody would give up their racial identity and bind themselves in a subservient position to someone they just met .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back