• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Alexander said:
"Of course." She crosses her arms and assumes a sitting position in midair. "It was fitting punishment for showing your base instincts on an inappropriate time instead of waiting to be inside your private quarters."

"...Wait. Let me see if I understand this right." You begin slowly. "You aren't mad because I had perverted thoughts on you, but because I showed them in front of you!?"

"Of course." She says smugly. "It couldn't be helped if you are enraptured by my beauty, for it is infinitely superior compared to the common females you are used to. Desiring me is only natural, you are not the first and will not be the last. A futile dream of course, but I would a bad Queen if I negate my subjects the pleasure of dreams. Provided they keep them private as it is only proper."

Hahaha. YES. Lets educate Issei on the fine art of keeping his thoughts private. Carrot and Stick approach as they say, so:

[X] Try to sleep anyway.
-[X] Now you can fantasize about the beauty in your head. You're in your private quarters, right?

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.

Here's a strange thought; Holy attacks in this setting function based off of some kind of established authority, and those that rebel against it are considered creatures of darkness, right? Well Solars have charms that let them designate people as creatures of darkness judgement -- and I think there's one that lets you remove that designation as well. Since we're plugged into the local system of divine authority, doesn't that mean we can remove a devil's weakness to holy weapons?

touhou ranfuku said:
By the way, Dragon is quite prideful, but if they pray to someone in DxD verse, they only have two beings to pray to: Great Red and Ophis. Bahamut is Sirzech's Peerage by the way. Also, remember Sacred Gear based on their master's desire and emotion to power up.
I honestly believed Bahamut was not present in DxD. I need to consult the wiki more.

Alexander said:
I honestly believed Bahamut was not present in DxD. I need to consult the wiki more.

It's in Vol 13 the last chapter. Here the wikia link:
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Sirzechs_Lucifer%27s_Peerage
If you got any problem about DxD verse lore, PM me. I may not good at hardcore RPG but I'm a DxD hardcore fan.

[X]Sit up on your bed and try to meditate to order your thoughts. (Attempt to Spend BP and Caste/Favored EXP

[X]The Truth

Well like I pointed out yesterday our parents didn't really seem to care about how the date went last night. Is there really a reason to tell them anything?

Alexander said:
You groan. "Why life can't be easy? All I wanted were Oppai!" Life, you decide, is unfair.

Don't worry, that part will come later, if we have anything to say about it.

touhou ranfuku said:
It's in Vol 13 the last chapter. Here the wikia link:
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Sirzechs_Lucifer%27s_Peerage
If you got any problem about DxD verse lore, PM me. I may not good at hardcore RPG but I'm a DxD hardcore fan.
Thanks, I will remember your offer. Just in case I will also re-read the novels since it's been a while.

Should we make some kind of plans for our EXP and remaining BP now, or leave it for later?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I really don't get this:

When you use Xp, do you also have to do the training? In short, does one need both Xp and training to, say, acquire a new skill?

P_D said:
Should we make some kind of plans for our EXP and remaining BP now, or leave it for later?
I think we should wait until we know whether we're going to become a devil or not. If we can learn devil magic that opens up our combat abilities enormously, since otherwise we'll be relying on bog-standard Exalted sorcery, which is... kind of terrible for the sort of fighting we want to do.

Alexander said:

When you use Xp, do you also have to do the training? In short, does one need both Xp and training to, say, acquire a new skill?
Learning or upgrading skills, abillities, charms, etc has both an EXP cost and a training time. A few things have training times of "instant" but those are the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:

For Solar caste and Fovered? Nope. Just make something funky fresh for it.

Like Meditating on ordering your mind and coming to understand the filiment of the universe due to Past Life and Mentoring.

Then reveiwing your memories of how you were utterly punked by her personal super human prescence and deriving it's mysteries there in.

What makes you think being a Devil is an option with an exaltation? Devil's aren't human as far as I know and that's important to being a Solar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larekko12 said:
What makes you think being a Devil is an option with an exaltation? Devil's aren't human as far as I know and that's important to being a Solar.
"Human" by Creation's definition actually encompasses a variety of near-human species like the djala, beastmen, etc. What's important is that you have both a hun and a po soul for the Exaltation to latch on to. DxD doesn't really get into the spiritual nuts and bolts of what exactly separates a human soul from a devil soul or whether they're actually any different at all, so the possibility of being both a devil and still being human enough to be a Solar is entirely up to Alexander's discretion.

[X] Make breakfast: it's been a while since you last did it.

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.

Smuthunter said:
"Human" by Creation's definition actually encompasses a variety of near-human species like the djala, beastmen, etc. What's important is that you have both a hun and a po soul for the Exaltation to latch on to. DxD doesn't really get into the spiritual nuts and bolts of what exactly separates a human soul from a devil soul or whether they're actually any different at all, so the possibility of being both a devil and still being human enough to be a Solar is entirely up to Alexander's discretion.
Those are just human subspecies. Modified humans. They have no innate supernatural powers. Devils do. If a Devil did exalt(if it could), it would lose all devil powers.

Alexander said:

Normally, it works out that you go through the training for something then spend XP and you've got it.

However, there are exceptions.

With Caste and Favored Abilities, you can raise them instantly with just XP, no training required. There's also Training Effects, which also let you skip training time and occasionally allow you to go into XP Debt[1] to pay off something new.

[1] You pay as much as you can, get whatever you were aiming for, and then keep track of how much you fell short by. Future XP is used to pay that off first.

Got it. However I read there in the rulebook that to acquire a new ability, one you have zero dots in, you need 3 Xp and 3 weeks of training, favoured or not. Is there a shortcut?

Robotninja said:
Those are just human subspecies. Modified humans. They have no innate supernatural powers.
Whether they have powers or not is irrelevant. They are valid candidates for exaltation because their soul has the same structure. Getting powers from some other source doesn't make you an invalid target -- see godbloods and enlightened mortals for example, or the mortal sorcerers that have been hinted at in EX3.

Devils do. If a Devil did exalt(if it could), it would lose all devil powers.
Or not. Again, that's up to Alexander since he's the one who gets to decide how the pieces fit together. And frankly if he doesn't go with us gaining devil magic at some point we're going to be in serious trouble given how unbelievably horrible Exalted sorcery is.

Alexander said:
Got it. However I read there in the rulebook that to acquire a new ability, one you have zero dots in, you need 3 Xp and 3 weeks of training, favoured or not. Is there a shortcut?

Where does it say that? I can't seem to find anything like that from my rulebook.

Edit: Oh, now i see it. You can always house rule/change stuff you want to change however you want. The format of a quest is different from an RPG so i don't think anyone will mind too much if we don't have to spend several updates on training montages. Now that i think about it, wouldn't that be ignored if you spend a BP on that 1st dot instead of XP?

Smuthunter said:
Or not. Again, that's up to Alexander since he's the one who gets to decide how the pieces fit together. And frankly if he doesn't go with us gaining devil magic at some point we're going to be in serious trouble given how unbelievably horrible Exalted sorcery is.
As per Exalted canon, beings with non human power sources either lose them or have their power hugely nerfed on both ends if they Exalt. Devils are immortal entirely essence using beings. Like the mountain folk. Mountain folk cannot Exalt. Exaltations don't play nice with other types of power.

We don't need Devil magic. Solar power+ our Gear is enough to make us an unstoppable force anyways. Perfect effects.

Robotninja said:
As per Exalted canon, beings with non human power sources either lose them or have their power hugely nerfed on both ends if they Exalt. Devils are immortal entirely essence using beings.
Uh, no, bullshit. The Half-Castes and Exaltations sidebar on page 108 of The Scroll of Heroes says a godblood that exalts loses any related mutations which get converted into experience and are reduced to vestigial traits, but it says nothing about losing any charms they learned from their sires and they get to keep any sorcery or necromancy they learned beforehand.

Like the mountain folk. Mountain folk cannot Exalt.
Mountain folk can't exalt because they don't have hun and po souls. Stop making shit up. Having a pre-existing power source has nothing to do with a person's candidacy for exaltation.

We don't need Devil magic. Solar power+ our Gear is enough to make us an unstoppable force anyways. Perfect effects.
We absolutely need devil magic. We are the shittiest Solar since pre-sorcery Brigid, specced as a sorcerer (I'm too generous, we're not specced for anything since we don't have Occult 5 yet) and have exactly no martial abilities whatsoever. We don't even have any useful Excellencies aside from First Presence. Boosted Gear has been nerfed to hell and we're relying on the mercy of the dice to keep us alive instead of having protagonist-grade plot armor like canon Issei does. Devil magic is essential to getting ourselves up to speed ASAP before we get murderstomped by the heavy hitters.

Not bullshit. It explictly states that people with pre existing power traits are less likely to Exalt. It repeatedly states that the higher your heiritage rating, the greater your penalty to raising your essence as an Exalt.

The solution to that is to learn Solar powers with XP, dumbass. Not dabble in out of type magic. Simple fact. As a rule of thumb, A Solar learning out of type magic is always learning stuff that is worse than his native magic. Just spend effort on Solar charms.

It's a moot point, as we are not a Devil, nor are we half Devil. We cannot become half devil. Once you are a Solar, only something on par with Akumadazation can make you a half caste. So we are not getting Devil magic. We have Solar charms. Suck it up.

Robotninja said:
Not bullshit. It explictly states that people with pre existing power traits are less likely to Exalt. It repeatedly states that the higher your heiritage rating, the greater your penalty to raising your essence as an Exalt.
And here you were trying to say it just flat out can't happen.

The solution to that is to learn Solar powers with XP, dumbass. Not dabble in out of type magic. Simple fact. As a rule of thumb, A Solar learning out of type magic is always learning stuff that is worse than his native magic. Just spend effort on Solar charms.
Rule of thumb does not account for magic that is better in virtually every respect than Exalted sorcery and does not obey the rules and limitations of such -- magic that our enemies will possess and we will not. I have no intention whatsoever to be caught trying to cast Death of Obsidian Butterflies when Vali is in the middle of beating the crap out of us.

We are not a badass Solar facing defenseless little mortals, we are a shitty little pissant facing high-powered shonen fighting villains, who are the worst possible type of enemy for an Exalt to fight because they can soak up everything we can dish out and throw endless perfect-or-die attacks at our face without even getting warmed up. And here you are trying to throw away what is without question our best advantage, the ability to apply a Twilight's brilliance to a magic system that doesn't suck balls.

We cannot become half devil.
Again, you don't get to decide that. That's Alexander's job.

Fine. The GM is capable of overruling Exalted canon. However, beings that are not human cannot Exalt. This is canon. Godblooded, beastmen, all that crap, they all count as modified human beings in Exalted cosmology. This makes them far less likely to Exalt. Depending on how much non-Exalt power they have in them, they also suck as Exalts. So yes, the GM can say that we can become half devil. He can also say that we can be a Lunar and a Solar. They both have the same degree of being outright anticanonical with regards to the baseline Exalted setting assumptions.

Sorcery does not suck, fluffwise. Crunchwise, it does. Fluffwise it is awesome and epic.

Robotninja said:
Sorcery does not suck, fluffwise. Crunchwise, it does. Fluffwise it is awesome and epic.
Too bad we're using the crunch in this thread, isn't it?

And part of the problem is that it can't do anything that isn't awesome and epic, assuming you ever get a chance to fire it off in the first place. We need magic for use in one-on-one kung-fu duels, not city-busting strategic-scale stuff (ideally we would have actual kung-fu for this but we don't and changing that is a hugely inefficient time and EXP sink). We also need it to be castable in a reasonable time frame without sucking our mote pool completely dry and forcing us to be completely helpless during the casting period. DxD magic does all of that and Exalted sorcery does none of it.

Shrug. You may as well ask him to just rewrite the entire sorcery system than to give us a new better system of magic that does not suck. Because fluffwise, Solars are very, very good at magic. As in people are not better than them at it.

Can someone tell what sorcery is fluffwise, sincere I can't find anything on it.
Also Devil magic is explicity usable to mortals so stop argueing about it.

Robotninja said:
Shrug. You may as well ask him to just rewrite the entire sorcery system than to give us a new better system of magic that does not suck. Because fluffwise, Solars are very, very good at magic. As in people are not better than them at it.
Nobody in Creation is better than them at it, perhaps. Outside of Creation may be a different matter because the rules are different here. But that's the fun part; if we can learn devil magic, we can apply our brilliance as a Twilight to it and be the most awesome sorcerer this universe has ever seen.

protoss16 said:
Can someone tell what sorcery is fluffwise, sincere I can't find anything on it.
Sorcery is a method of essence manipulation that differs from what is naturally available to Exalts. Normally, for example, a Solar can only use Solar essence to do Solar things like punching people really well -- he can't use his Solar charms to do things like manipulate the elements because that's a thing that only dragonblood essence does naturally. Sorcery allows an Exalt to shape essence into patterns that are not native to his essence type, or for that matter things that none of the Exalted naturally do, like summoning demons or spirits and binding them to perform tasks (ironically, given our position, summoning demons is one of the things sorcery is best at in both the crunch and the fluff).

The trick is that all of this stuff is huge and biblical in scale -- sorcery doesn't really do little things like traditional Dungeons and Dragons magic does, it's based more on pulp fantasy and the sorcerer-kings that guys like Conan used to fight a lot. The most basic attack spell in Sorcery, for example, isn't a fireball but a summoning spell that conjures an enormous swarm of obsidian butterflies which deal slashing damage over an area the size of a football field. The archetypal sorcerer in Exalted looks less like, say, Akeno, and more like Saruman in The Lord of the Rings -- he'll hang out around his tower raising armies of demons and causing trouble on the strategic scale rather than the personal one.

Well, at least Exalted sorcery will serve us nicely when/if we decide to become the Harem King of the world.
For personal combat, we should probably look into mortal magic. The tennis club person we saved may be able to hook us up with something.

Smuthunter said:
The most basic attack spell in Sorcery, for example, isn't a fireball but a summoning spell that conjures an enormous swarm of obsidian butterflies which deal slashing damage over an area the size of a football field. The archetypal sorcerer in Exalted looks less like, say, Akeno, and more like Saruman in The Lord of the Rings -- he'll hang out around his tower raising armies of demons and causing trouble on the strategic scale rather than the personal one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back