• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Also in story I imagine the change for training will be easy enough to explain, that last shift Boosted Gear had knocked enough loose as far as Dragon Energy that Ddraig and Bright can work together to implant knowledge where before it was stoping them

Also as far as things go the magic looks like an excellent start, and its nice go get an idea on the big names levels as well ^^ Bright is going to shit herself when Ophis and or Great Red show up isn't she?

Alexander said:
Argh, sorry I forgot. You can learn Sidereal Martial Arts.

Anyway, this is what I have so far. I am afraid that until I put together something that work and doesn't make Issei too nerfed I can't continue the quest, so please help me.

This looks good to me. We always knew that Issei is going to reach absurdly high levels of power. The problem was the absurdly huge amount of time needed to reach aforementioned level of power , which could have led to Issei lagging behind the dxd characters. I think the new experience and training system solves this problem satisfactorily.

[X] Alexander's proposal.

Also the nice thing with this new training thing is that the following comment can happen after we test ourselves against Vali

"Well Worm, that was the most singularly pathetic showing I have seen, and I have witnessed the very Personification of Failure at its worst, until now I had been content to let you grow and a newborn Solar, if a very substandard one, but no more, if you are to have any hope in gaining the strength to WIPE THAT SMUG GRIN FROM THAT HALF BREEDS FACE you will need more, more Essence, more powerful charms, you must become Greater then you are, Greater then you could have been without aid for decades, perhaps even century's, thankfully You have myself to assist you, and with my help we will see that VERMIN GROUND INTO THE DIRT."

Hmmm, who'd have thought, Bright Shattered Ice dosn't take loosing well... even second hand.

EternitynChaos said:
Also the nice thing with this new training thing is that the following comment can happen after we test ourselves against Vali

"Well Worm, that was the most singularly pathetic showing I have seen, and I have witnessed the very Personification of Failure at its worst, until now I had been content to let you grow and a newborn Solar, if a very substandard one, but no more, if you are to have any hope in gaining the strength to WIPE THAT SMUG GRIN FROM THAT HALF BREEDS FACE you will need more, more Essence, more powerful charms, you must become Greater then you are, Greater then you could have been without aid for decades, perhaps even century's, thankfully You have myself to assist you, and with my help we will see that VERMIN GROUND INTO THE DIRT."

Hmmm, who'd have thought, Bright Shattered Ice dosn't take loosing well... even second hand.

Wait , is our ass whooping a done deal , then? Can't we delay and avoid the fight until the three faction meeting , somehow?

Why would we want to, and if we put it off until then Vali leaves Grigori threatens us and joins the Asshat Brigade.

All things considered, unless Alexander undersells Vali a lot we have little to no chance to winning against him until we are in the 5-6 essence level, Vali is ridiculously strong even without taking Divine Dividing into accounts, that's not a bad thing, having a clear goal to train towards will do Issei good after all.

EternitynChaos said:
Also in story I imagine the change for training will be easy enough to explain, that last shift Boosted Gear had knocked enough loose as far as Dragon Energy that Ddraig and Bright can work together to implant knowledge where before it was stoping them

Also as far as things go the magic looks like an excellent start, and its nice go get an idea on the big names levels as well ^^ Bright is going to shit herself when Ophis and or Great Red show up isn't she?
Indeed, I am myself debating the possibility of Dragon Energy like Shapeshifting powers of Lunar. It isn't as if many Solars in the First Age didn't use Craft (Genesis) to take mutations.

Shit herself? My friend, Bright killed a Primordial alone during the Great War. All that remained of the beastie was a field covered in bright ice: that's where Bright took her name.

It doesn't matter if the opponent is incredibly more powerful, a Solar can and will murder the shit out of it.

Now I am going to read Scion's Corebook to look for Knacks.

i'll decline to comment on that, i don't know shit about mechanics.

Alexander said:
Indeed, I am myself debating the possibility of Dragon Energy like Shapeshifting powers of Lunar. It isn't as if many Solars in the First Age didn't use Craft (Genesis) to take mutations.

Shit herself? My friend, Bright killed a Primordial alone during the Great War. All that remained of the beastie was a field covered in bright ice: that's where Bright took her name.

It doesn't matter if the opponent is incredibly more powerful, a Solar can and will murder the shit out of it.

Now I am going to read Scion's Corebook to look for Knacks.

Solar Charms scale up to almost any opponent. Remember Adamantine Skin? Stops any attack. Obviously if someone more powerful than you & has enough attacks they can win...but Issei scales better against stronger opponents then Rias's Peerage or his allies might. If he got the right charms Issei can kill concepts, even a God.

EternitynChaos said:
Why would we want to, and if we put it off until then Vali leaves Grigori threatens us and joins the Asshat Brigade.

All things considered, unless Alexander undersells Vali a lot we have little to no chance to winning against him until we are in the 5-6 essence level, Vali is ridiculously strong even without taking Divine Dividing into accounts, that's not a bad thing, having a clear goal to train towards will do Issei good after all.

Vali will leave Grigori and join the Khaos brigade regardless of our actions. And since we are not aware of his true loyalties IC , we cannot take any action to prevent this without meta-gaming.

As for having a clrar goal towards which Issei will train himself , it's not necessary to fight Vali , the idea of fighting him in the future will do just as well.

I can see Issei delaying the fight and training hard in the meantime , because he knows that currently he is much weaker than Vali and he wants to put on a decent show against him. Instead of Bright , Draig steps up to train Issei , and rides him really hard , because he takes the rivalry very seriously.

And after the betrayal and the threat to Issei's parents follow , Issei steps up to the battlefield and shows Vali that threatening those precious to him is a very , very bad idea.

I'll abstain from this, as I don't have a clue about both settings and their mechanics.

The new system seems like it would be good.

But can we get an Exp refund to represent the discounts?

you can even consider shrinking Exp costs by building Caste abilities as skills.

Like training Twilight skills gives you a dot in all twilight competencies.

Larekko12 said:

you can even consider shrinking Exp costs by building Caste abilities as skills.

that makes no sense And is silly on top of it, the whole thing with the 25 colleges is that its the most efficient way of doing things for exalts and creation born, if your going to muck with that why even bother with Exalted /shrug sorry if that's snippy btw, got a cracking migraine atm , just thought I'd get that out there BEFORE I offended something without meaning to.

Larekko12 said:

For an Exp refund I will think about it, but I can't accept the second option. Sorry.

I have an idea for the magic systems: "Monte Cook's World of Darkness" describes a "It also tries to capture certain aspects of these game worlds, like the mages free magic system. Therefore the game offers d20 compatible rules to design spells and a magic system based on exhaustion, rather than a classic d20/D&D like "spells per day"-system."

Sounds like DxD Magic, right? I will look into it and see how it is.

Wow, considering how hard it is to exhaust an Exalt, let alone a Solar, And that I think there are charms to ignore or remove that sort of thing thats going to be fun fun fun

If all else fails you can get rid of the mechanics and do the fight scenes narratively.

Alexander said:
For an Exp refund I will think about it, but I can't accept the second option. Sorry.

I have an idea for the magic systems: "Monte Cook's World of Darkness" describes a "It also tries to capture certain aspects of these game worlds, like the mages free magic system. Therefore the game offers d20 compatible rules to design spells and a magic system based on exhaustion, rather than a classic d20/D&D like "spells per day"-system."

Sounds like DxD Magic, right? I will look into it and see how it is.
Just don't use the other magic rules from MC's WoD. It's seriously overpowered. You can do permanent stat increases and permanent mind control at level one.

Hmmm, I wonder if our becoming Dragonish will effect our version of Ox-Body, might be nice if it was more like the Lunars ^^ getting 2 extra dying levels and the choice to get 2 -1 levels or *the one I'd chose* 4 -2 health levels would be really nice.

On a side note, if we ever hit Creation the Wild Hunt and Bronze Faction are going to hate us so very much

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
Just don't use the other magic rules from MC's WoD. It's seriously overpowered. You can do permanent stat increases and permanent mind control at level one.
Really? I will remember it.

on a side note about DxD magic, it might be a good idea if we can still us motes to cast with *sometimes its worth it if we are exhausted for example* just for a little more on being an OCP and all, ymmv of course.

Huh. Skimming through the last few pages, I notice that GM said something about Dragon power being comparable to Lunar Shapeshifting.

GM? Are you going to have Issei accidentally turn into a girl while mucking with Dragon Power, and then make things hilarious by having him basically learn the Twin Faced Moon knack to go back to being a dude?

The possibilities for Harem shenanigans alone with such a skill.....

Not to mention, Issei will now literally be able to seduce even those girls who Don't like men, if this happens.

Just a thought.

...No words >.<

*edit* No, I do have words, three of them *plus charm description*

Integrity-Protecting Prana
Cost: 5m, 1wp
Mins: Integrity 1, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One day
Prerequisite Charms: None
The Sun's Chosen define their own reality. This Charm protects the character from any Shaping effect that directly alters her mind, body, spirit or traits. This includes instantaneous Shaping effects and any new alterations caused by long-term Shaping effects. This Charm also protects the character from any undodgeable, unblockable Shaping attacks. Wyld energy cannot create a serpent inside the character's stomach or turn her armor to lava, whether it's manipulated by an enemy or its own random whims, because these effects inflict immediate damage and the character's DV is not applicable. This Charm does not protect against the miscellaneous dangers of the Wyld. If a Wyld effect creates a hundred-headed snake monster with burning chalcedony eyes that then eats the character, this is not directly altering the character's body through shaping. Nor is it an "attack" when a Wyld effect transforms the character's armor into harmless gossamer spider webs—simply an undesirable effect

Darik29 said:
Huh. Skimming through the last few pages, I notice that GM said something about Dragon power being comparable to Lunar Shapeshifting.

GM? Are you going to have Issei accidentally turn into a girl while mucking with Dragon Power, and then make things hilarious by having him basically learn the Twin Faced Moon knack to go back to being a dude?

The possibilities for Harem shenanigans alone with such a skill.....

Not to mention, Issei will now literally be able to seduce even those girls who Don't like men, if this happens.

Just a thought.
Nope.

Nope nope nope.

Issei is straight and would freak out if transformed into a girl.

I said Lunar Shapeshifting because many high-level Dragons (like Ophis) can freely shapeshift.

Anyway, Knacks looks like a simple and direct enough way to group DxD.

Azazel has a gender-changing Raygun.

And Exalted has the Stone of Gender Transformation.

i would rather keep Issei male. though some trinket that places visual and audio illusions on the wearer of their being genderbent is fine for goofing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back