• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

it should also be noted that we chose Easy difficulty so Alexander isn't going to be throwing random death at us just for the lols

Either way, getting instant balance breaker transform is necessary, wouldn't want to be delayed by a couple of minutes in battles.

EternitynChaos said:
it should also be noted that we chose Easy difficulty so Alexander isn't going to be throwing random death at us just for the lols
Not for the lols, no, but since he's not familiar with the system there's a risk that he'll make enemies functionally unbeatable without meaning to.

Actually you guys seem to be forgetting the dragon body which I could see allowing us to purchase "specialty" ability slots. As in we summon up the body and we gain extra dots in said abilities. Just saying, Alex has lots of room to even this thing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote.

[X] "Huh, Well if I get the go ahead from the Gremory Clan I don't see why I can't help you out, heck, there are a couple of other things I can think of that you may find interesting and should be able to help with, but until then nice to meet you Azazel-san, nice to know there's someone reasonable in charge of the Grigori."
-[X] 12 "One last thing, Azazel. This Hakuryuukou. What kind of person is he?":

[] "Huh, Well if I get the go ahead from the Gremory Clan I don't see why I can't help you out, heck, there are a couple of other things I can think of that you may find interesting and should be able to help with, but until then nice to meet you Azazel-san, nice to know there's someone reasonable in charge of the Grigori."
# of Votes 14
Supporters: Tetsurō, EternitynChaos, Deathwings, Brandark, Diller, ZipLopz, Melfician, Eler0, Noctum, Smuthunter, Fellgar, staplesdex2, noahgab1133, megrisvernin
-[] 12 "One last thing, Azazel. This Hakuryuukou. What kind of person is he?":
# of Votes 13
Supporters: , EternitynChaos, Deathwings, Brandark, Diller, ZipLopz, Melfician, Eler0, Noctum, Smuthunter, Fellgar, staplesdex2, noahgab1133, megrisvernin

[] "One last thing, Azazel. This Hakuryuukou. What kind of person is he?": (iamnuff)
# of Votes: 1
Supporters: iamnuff

[] 1 "Nothing. See you later I guess.":
# of Votes 1
Supporters: Grosstoad

Alexander said:
A meeting between Exalted! Issei and Canon Issei would be a thing to behold.

My first personal theory about why Canon Issei is like that is because the unresolved sexual tension is driving him crazy.

The second is that the Author doesn't know how to write character development.
I've heard two different reasons for why canon!Ise hasn't gotten laid yet.

1. The publishers won't let Ishibumi write it because reasons.

2. Both the editor and Ishibumi are worried that if he did write that, people would tear up their books and stop reading because the girls wouldn't be "pure" anymore. And yes, there is basis for this; it has happened before: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/15/cuckolded-otaku-desecrates-kannagi-over-virginity-issue/

Things like this occasionally make me wonder how this culture is capable of producing work that has any appeal to western audiences.

Smuthunter said:
Things like this occasionally make me wonder how this culture is capable of producing work that has any appeal to western audiences.

There are different target audiences in Japan. In Fairness his is an extreme reaction, but it wouldn't surprise me if there thousands of internet tough guys posting angry comments online about it.

My suggestion on how to stat Vali: use the epic attribute system.

Well, wouldn't want to provoke a herd of fat, hairy, losers, now would we?

Carrnage said:
Why is japanese culture so fucked up?

Lot's of cultures are screwed up.

Japan's just more obvious because anime is part of geek culture(if derided).

Check out some of the more authoritarian Arab countries or African ones. There stuff goes downhill fast.

But I don't want to derail so let's see if we can't bring this back on topic. Namely canon Issei versus Exalted! Issei

Anyone up for writing an Omake where they meet or switch places for the day?

Carrnage said:
A long, long line of poor choices, starting from it's isolationist tendencies.

Also, this: http://www.cracked.com/article_19098_6-wtf-japanese-trends-you-can-blame-white-guys.html

Carrnage said:

Japan is not the worst when it comes to how women are treated by a long shot.
megrisvernin said:
Lot's of cultures are screwed up.

Check out some of the more authoritarian Arab countries or African ones. There stuff goes downhill fast.

Female circumcision.

One thing I regret learning about in Sociology class.

We're really off topic now.

Let me ask a more practical question.

What did two more points in martial arts unlock?

Besides higher proficiency while using it did we unlock any more celestial arts or do we can a buff like to training Yang or Ruby?

we can now buy up all the core Fist of the Day Star charms, other then the capstone charm. once we do that we should get the charm that halfs the cost of celestial MA charms before buying any of the Solar only expansion charms. we are one dot away from being considered skilled enough to cout as a Sifu *need 5+dots for that* at the moment we are just a normal mentor cribing our training off of memorys Bright is showing us etc, basicly we be cheating like a Eclipse Caste.

Which is amusing since Alexander has said later on when we get the Essence for it *5 for the lowest level one* while it may take some time and cost a bit more Bright will be able to set up a workable system for us to learn Sidereal Martial Arts, which is awesome no matter how you look at it.

Hrrm.

Well it looks like our familiar will become attuned to us without doing anything. What should our schedule be for Tuesday or Wednesday assuming Azazel doesn't set a meeting for us soon?

megrisvernin said:
So this makes me wonder Alexander. Can we assume Issei is beginning to act more reserved & respectful in his class? Basically he doesn't make nearly so many mindless comments, or remark on girl's bodies like he did in canon at least in front of others outside his inner circle?

This might be a problem for Issei soon. Culturally Japanese has an ideal of a submissive, ever collected & loyal woman so that actually provides great cover for why Issei isn't being swamped with girls yet. Sort of an enhanced "slut shaming" tendency for those who violate it that I notice in certain parts of the United States. Guys have to initiate everything, it's a mark of pride for a girl to get a guy to ask him out versus having to do the reverse.

But I take it the way Issei is now acting in the last update has been a steady development for him, a gradually improvement of his social awareness & reduction in the number of lewd comments he makes especially now that he has a release of sexual tension with Mittelt. An attractive male who has a nice personality, polite & thoughtful will make Issei even more of a target. I'm betting that by now rumors have started to spread about the two girls Issei walks to school with are both blonde bombshells & that he's at risk of being "taken".

I doubt any of them will go as far as to ask Issei "out", but there will be a clamoring whenever there are group projects to partner up with him & a number of them will try to look "wistful & lost" in front of him, trying to motivate Issei to help them out with their apparent problems. Some of them might go so far as trying to look provocative or show off their girls in various moments to tempt him(allow doing so in a way that occurred "accidentally" of course.
On the other hand most girls in Issei's life aren't Japanese.
EternitynChaos said:
Also Alexander has come right out and said that Azazel is just like he is in the mainline, which means he's a chill bro who won't fuck us over. hell he's another person I wouldn't mind learning from, so that's someone we can learn Norse magic from early AND someone who can teach us Fallen Angel magic and maybe Angel magic, depending how that works on top of crafting on Earth etc.
I'm working on it. Actually this is related to something I want to talk later in this post.
Indrik said:
This has certainly been one of my main concerns in this quest. No offense to Alex, but it is clear both by his own admission and his use of the system that he is not at all experienced with Exalted. Mechanically, it is entirely incompatible with DxD and that leads to awkward situations like these because the GM isn't veteran enough to create the necessary house rules (such as flat training - see Sojiko's Conquest Quest on SB for an example of an expert Exalted player/GM running a quest).
No offense: that's true. That's why I want to address the problem now.
Smuthunter said:
We do have one thing going for us right now though, and that's Boosted Gear. We haven't even unlocked Balance Breaker yet but our Overdrive pools already triple our maximum mote capacity. That is stupidly broken by the standards of most games I can think of and we're just beginning to scrape the surface of what we can do with dragon power.
That's the role I intended for Boosted Gear: allowing Solar Issei to be competitive with the rest of DxD. In an Exalted game it's broken, but not so much in DxD.
EternitynChaos said:
Yes: I am going to give you a reasonable progression of power. You will not be forced to fight alone massively overpowered foes.
BFldyq said:
My suggestion on how to stat Vali: use the epic attribute system.
From Scion? That would require me to read it too...I will give it a try.
EternitynChaos said:
we can now buy up all the core Fist of the Day Star charms, other then the capstone charm. once we do that we should get the charm that halfs the cost of celestial MA charms before buying any of the Solar only expansion charms. we are one dot away from being considered skilled enough to cout as a Sifu *need 5+dots for that* at the moment we are just a normal mentor cribing our training off of memorys Bright is showing us etc, basicly we be cheating like a Eclipse Caste.

Which is amusing since Alexander has said later on when we get the Essence for it *5 for the lowest level one* while it may take some time and cost a bit more Bright will be able to set up a workable system for us to learn Sidereal Martial Arts, which is awesome no matter how you look at it.
No, I never said that. You can't learn Sidereal Martials Arts. Sorry.

Anyway, wait for my next post where I will discuss important things for the quest.

Alexander said:
On the other hand most girls in Issei's life aren't Japanese.

Anyway, wait for my next post where I will discuss important things for the quest.

Oh I didn't mean Yang, Ruby, Asia or Aika. I meant the girls in his homeroom & well...females in his school in general. Issei is bishonen, whose recently become polite & thoughtful in his remarks. He is prime dating material & I'm surprised that more girls from his classroom aren't hitting on him.

Unless of course there's a rumor he's dating Asia & Mittelt or it's common knowledge he lives with them. That might be enough to forestall attempts.

Then again any day Asia or Mittelt didn't walk with him to class, I'd expect them to flirt with Issei mercilessly.

If it's happening off-screen I don't mind. I just realized we haven't see too much evidence of it in his home classroom.

This is a proposal, so vote if you want it or not:

Experience and Training

It has became evident the current house rules aren't fitted for this type (DxD) of quest. Indrik suggested using a flat training/Xp cost like the one used in Sojiko's Conquest Quest on SB. I am going to give it a try.

Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Ability 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Specialty 1/2 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Charm 8/10 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)/(Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Attribute 6/7/8* 1 month (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Ability 3/4 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Specialty 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Virtue 3 Immediate
Willpower 3 Immediate
*(6 Xp to improve it from 1 to 3, 7 Xp to improve it from 4 to 7, 8 Xp to improve it from 8+)

Spells and Abilities from DxD don't follow this scheme and don't require Xp. They require a teacher and training time, that can be shortened with enough dots in an ability/abilities that resonate with them.

Bright and Ddraig are very good tutors, so they can reduce the time to train the stuff they knew best in life.
Bright can use a spell to transfer knowledge directly from mind to mind, so the training time for (Attributes, Abilities, Specialties, Spells, Charms, Essence) is shortened to 1 hour per dot. Bright's rating in that trait is must be greater than Issei.

Things you do during the game can count as training to related things. For example spending a week crafting things count as 7 days of training Craft Charms. Spending a day chatting with your friends counts as training for Socialize. Etc...

You can stunt your pure training actions, which will reduce the time needed for something to count as your day of training. Same goes for having a good teacher.

. . . Err, system balance has never been a great knowledge to me... Breaking one though... :)
So I have to decline on commenting about this.

Alexander said:
Yes, but it isn't a great way to make a first good impression. Ruby is naïve, not stupid.

Bright didn't use Martial Arts in her life.

However she was a Twilight, a keeper of knowledge. She studied and memorized a great deal of theoretical knowledge about all types of knowledge, including Martial Arts and their principles.

So she can tell you how it is supposed to be done, but not show you how it is done.

As such learning a Martial Art Style, Fist of the Dayster excluded, require more effort than normal.

The good news? Bright can tell you about all the styles ever developed in Creation before her death, even some Sidereal ones: those are even more difficult, but doable even if not economic.

Erm, then what did you mean but this comment here in that case Alexander?

I like the look of this Training and Experience system , but I'll hold on to my vote until we get a second opinion from someone experienced in Exalted Mechanics.

[X] Looks good to me, I'd suggest lowering the Essence training time, but considering Bright was Essence 10 I believe that means she can make training in that a lot quicker, that and we are a fair way along with getting our first motivation done, so thats a chance to auto-ding the next dot of essence

DxD Physics

Some players suggested using Knacks. Until I have a better idea of how exactly they work I will put it in reserve. For now every magic system will have a "Paradigm", that will explain what the magic system does best.

Sacred Gear. Paradigm "Answer the Wish": your Sacred Gear mutates to suit your needs.
Norse Magic. Paradigm "All-Around Combat Excellency": be good at everything combat related.
Devil Magic. Paradigm "Destruction": be good at direct destroying.
Angel Magic. Paradigm "Blessing": be good at protection.
Fallen Angel Magic. Paradigm "Lure": be good at social manipulations.
Black Magic. Paradigm "Maleficium": like Devil Magic, but it includes indirect destruction like curses.
White Magic. Paradigm "Heal": be good at healing and curing.
Fairy Magic. Paradigm "Nature": be good at influencing the natural world.
Summoning Magic. Paradigm "Travel": be good at teleportation.
Spirit Magic. Paradigm "Spirit": be good at controlling natural spirits.
Dragon Magic. Paradigm "I am Stronger than You": overpower the opponents through natural parameters and direct attacks.
Rune Symbols. Paradigm "Conceptual Resonance": creates effects with the right combination of runes.
Onmyouji Arts. Paradigm "Purification": purify evil spirits.
Ki Manipulation. Paradigm "Source of Life and Spirit": use the natural energy of the body to increase physical parameters and other effects.
Senjutsu. Paradigm "Flow of the World": control the Ki of the world and use it to manipulate it.
Touki. Paradigm "Mastery of Life and Spirit": the final expression of Ki Manipulation, coat the body in explosive Ki to reach maximum combat potential.
Reversal Magic. Paradigm "Reverse": not a true style of magic, it's the use of a specific counter-spell to reverse the effects of another specific magical effects.

Making spells for all of them is too much even for me, so I am going to leave it vague enough that you can come up with (reasonable) uses on the fly.

However, there are levels to the DxD Magic:

Level 1: kill a person, destroy a motorcycle
Level 2: Kill a Low-class Devil
Level 3: Kill a Middle-Class Devil
Level 4: Kill a High-Class Devil
Level 5: Kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, decimate an army, destroy a city
Level 6: vaporize a big army, kill a god, wreak a region the size of Saitama's prefecture

Essence, when applied to DxD, is like this:

Essence 1: normal human
Essence 2: Low-Class Devil
Essence 3: Inexperienced Middle- Class Devils
Essence 4: Experienced Middle-Class Devils
Essence 5: High-Class Devils
Essence 6: Ultimate-Class Devils
Essence 7: Middle-Class Gods, Maou, Dragon King
Essence 8: High-Class Gods
Essence 9: Very High-Class Gods, Sirzechs, Ajuka
Essence 10: Ddraig and Albion at the peak of their powers
Essence 11+: Ophis and Great Red

EternitynChaos said:
Erm, then what did you mean but this comment here in that case Alexander?
Argh, sorry I forgot. You can learn Sidereal Martial Arts.

Anyway, this is what I have so far. I am afraid that until I put together something that work and doesn't make Issei too nerfed I can't continue the quest, so please help me.

[X] Alexander's proposal.

honestly, I think the current xp and training sheet is good, particularly if that whole thing with Ddraig and Bright being able to teach us anything they knew in hours includes Essence. basicly the only thing I had issue previously was that we were going to take a while getting our stats up until we got training charms, since we started bellow the level of a Creation starting Solar, something like 3 dots in each area, but thats cool different worlds and all that.

plus I figure we can probably gain something similar to the Lunar Warform charm to buff us with Dragon shenanigans.

The Last thing I want it to wait for more of this awesome quest, let alone have it stall for a while.

Also WOOOOOO to Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style for us in the future *the only SMA that dosn't need more then Essence 5, and lets you use multiple Form charms*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back