• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Time slows to a crawl as the fallen angel circles around you like a bird of prey. An angry narrowing of the eye... and then she apruptly changes direction, her wings beating furiously, and rockets forward, spear hefted to impale you.

A [Fireball] shoots out to meet her, another salvo of [Fireballs] hidden in it's wake.

[Monkey Leap Technique]

You jump up, ahead and over the burning projectiles. A second salvo of [Fireballs] fall down, combining with the first into a quite literal crossfire.
And behind them, an angry Solar bears down on Raynare, his aura gold and crimson flames, making him seem like a meteor dropping out of the sky, as if God himself hurled fire from heaven to punish the Fallen.

[[Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement] + [First Presence Excellency]: Intimidating Social Attack]
Alternatively, attack from above.

it's doable now we just need to work the stunt so it manuvers her into the open and get her flying.

I'm pretty sure you can't initiate social combat once people are attacking each other. Let's just worry about beating her into paste and not burn any more motes on Intimidate checks.

Silversun17 said:
our holy effects are cribbing off of heaven's shit list for what they effect here.
Nope, Raynare got aggravated damage from a charm which only does aggravated damage to Creatures of Darkness.

I thought they were. our holy effect is using Heaven/God's shitlist for what it effects in this world.

Carrnage said:
Well Why didn't he say Yu'shan then?

because fallen angels aren't on heaven's shit list devils are.
Fallen Angels are on heaven's shit list. They fell and disobeyed god. They fought with heaven and the devils.

nightblade said:
Fallen Angels are on heaven's shit list. They fell and disobeyed god. They fought with heaven and the devils.

everyone's on everyone else's shitlist here, right?

each group hates the other two?

nightblade said:

Silversun17 said:
I thought they were. our holy effect is using Heaven/God's shitlist for what it effects in this world.
They can use the light based weaponry of angels which only harms devils not fallen angels and they can freely walk on holy land which devils cannot, all evidence points to them not being on heaven's shit list while devils are.

Carrnage said:
They can use the light based weaponry of angels which only harms devils not fallen angels and they can freely walk on holy land which devils cannot, all evidence points to them not being on heaven's shit list while devils are.
Devils can use Holy weapons too and they do harm fallen angels, just like devils.

Smuthunter said:
I'm pretty sure you can't initiate social combat once people are attacking each other. Let's just worry about beating her into paste and not burn any more motes on Intimidate checks.

I admit I only have a passing familiarity with Exalted and none at all with Highschool DxD beyond thread chatter, but the basic idea is to erode her willpower to make her more susceptible to fear and guilt.
Fear to make her quit sooner, because as much fun as a curbstomp can be, having the enemy recognize on their own how outclassed they are is better, and to make her keep her loss condition.
Guilt because she is after all an attractive girl, that being a fallen angel propably wasn't always a callous bitch (I remember hearing that she has basically no backstory in canon, so there may be something interesting written up), so it might be possible to redeem her if we can make her feel some remorse. Gotta catch 'em all, as the saying goes.

As for the social/physical combat, longwinded mid-battle speeches to break the opponent's will are a mainstay in pretty much any genre that Exalted draws from, so I'm confident there's rules for that.
And mote-wise... 100 motes with rechargeable Overdrive Pool. I believe we're covered.

Carrnage said:
The first part's right, see Issei using Ascalon, or Xenovia using Durandal.

The second part's technically correct, in the sense that such things can harm them. They're not any more vulnerable too them, however. Considering that such things can harm Angels as well, it doesn't prove anything.

However, the fact they have fallen is indicative they're on Heaven's shit list, even if they haven't been added to the "hurt really bad by light and holiness" list. Why, I don't know. Either God was having mercy on his former followers, or he couldn't do it to them for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
BFldyq said:
The first part's right, see Issei using Ascalon, or Xenovia using Durandal.

The second part's technically correct, in the sense that such things can harm them. They're not any more vulnerable too them, however. Considering that such things can harm Angels as well, it doesn't prove anything.

However, the fact they have fallen is indicative they're on Heaven's shit list, even if they haven't been added to the "hurt really bad by light and holiness" list. Why, I don't know. Either God was having mercy on his former followers, or he couldn't do it to them for some reason.
Maybe they fell after God died, and Michael couldn't do it? I mean, didn't the original Lucifer turn the angels that fell with him into the first devils? Also, isn't it only the blade of holy weapons that's dangerous to Devils?

Selias said:
Maybe they fell after God died, and Michael couldn't do it? I mean, didn't the original Lucifer turn the angels that fell with him into the first devils? Also, isn't it only the blade of holy weapons that's dangerous to Devils?

I think this is a sort of pointless tangent. Alexander said our spells can have a holy component. Now what battleplan should we use?

Gnarker said:
As for the social/physical combat, longwinded mid-battle speeches to break the opponent's will are a mainstay in pretty much any genre that Exalted draws from, so I'm confident there's rules for that.

There's no rules for using Social Combat in the middle of regular combat and point in fact, initiating regular combat cancels Social Combat.

Nervaqus987 said:
There's no rules for using Social Combat in the middle of regular combat and point in fact, initiating regular combat cancels Social Combat.
This will different in 3rd Edition, apparently, but that's not out yet. It's over year late, at this point.

Nervaqus987 said:

Let's use social combat when she's down for the count. Focus on shutting her down before that.

megrisvernin said:
I think this is a sort of pointless tangent. Alexander said our spells can have a holy component. Now what battleplan should we use?
I thought the plan was obvious. Attack her wounded area, throat, kidneys, and eyes. Then again, that might lower Asia and Mittelt's opinions of us.

Selias said:
I thought the plan was obvious. Attack her wounded area, throat, kidneys, and eyes. Then again, that might lower Asia and Mittelt's opinions of us.

:/. Good start. Can you write a plan around these elements? I'd do it but my grasp of stunting & Exalted is weak.

hmm buy a two temporary dots in all our physical attributes? it will cost 60 motes but put us far above her capabilities.

Selias said:
Attacking weak points like that doesn't have a mechanical benefit without some related charms that let us inflict crippling injuries.

We're very light on offensive charms right now, so our main options are (A) attack at close range with melee attacks boosted by Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement, or (B) get into a shootout at a distance with Dragon Wave and Holy Fireballs. Setting aside what Raynare does, it's probably not the best idea to be flinging around fireballs inside an enclosed area like the room we're currently in, so I'm going to reemphasize my last post:

[X] Assume a defensive stance and let Raynare take the first move. Follow her and attack with fireballs and Dragon Waves if she takes the fight outside. If she tries to get in close, counterattack with melee attacks backed up by Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement.

Carrnage said:
hmm buy a two temporary dots in all our physical attributes? it will cost 60 motes but put us far above her capabilities.
That's a gamble I would rather not take unless it looks like we need an edge. Those temporary dots only last for a few turns. After that they run out, we get a fatigue penalty, and our overdrive pool resets so we lose any motes we have left over.

If the main sticking point of my stunt is the social attack, then simply leave that out and use it as a normal combat stunt.

Gnarker said:
If the main sticking point of my stunt is the social attack, then simply leave that out and use it as a normal combat stunt.
Using Monkey Leap Technique in that manner doesn't provide any extra benefit, it's just wasting motes. I get what you're trying to do but the system doesn't work that way without the right charms or supporting fire from allies.

Smuthunter said:
Attacking weak points like that doesn't have a mechanical benefit without some related charms that let us inflict crippling injuries.

Actually, you can aim to inflict natural Crippling injuries by taking a -1 External Penalty and you have either a crushing or bladed weapon or an ST approved stunt if barehanded and the damage roll inflicts enough damage to kill the target, at which point you can select how many levels of damage is actually inflicted by mangling or crippling the body part(rules on pg 152 of the core).

Nervaqus987 said:
Actually, you can aim to inflict natural Crippling injuries by taking a -1 External Penalty and you have either a crushing or bladed weapon or an ST approved stunt if barehanded and the damage roll inflicts enough damage to kill the target, at which point you can select how many levels of damage is actually inflicted by mangling or crippling the body part(rules on pg 152 of the core).
Good point, but if we're inflicting enough damage to kill Raynare then we need to just kill her immediately, no messing around with crippling her.

Remember, if she knows she's backed into a corner Raynare will try to appeal to Issei's compassion -- and with Compassion 5 that will be a very effective tactic. We already gave her a second chance by not killing her that night in the park and she threw it away. Whatever happens now is all on her, and I'm not giving her a third shot at killing us or hurting people close to us. Burn her to ash.

Smuthunter said:
Good point, but if we're inflicting enough damage to kill Raynare then we need to just kill her immediately, no messing around with crippling her.

Remember, if she knows she's backed into a corner Raynare will try to appeal to Issei's compassion -- and with Compassion 5 that will be a very effective tactic. We already gave her a second chance by not killing her that night in the park and she threw it away. Whatever happens now is all on her, and I'm not giving her a third shot at killing us or hurting people close to us. Burn her to ash.
except by the terms of the duel, it's not a duel to the death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back