• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
We may have the opportunity to power level martial arts later on depending on whether we hook up with Rias's peerage or not. Right now though we need to get optimized as quickly as possible, and the best and cheapest way to do that is to focus on our favored abilities since we get discounts on both EXP costs and training times within our specialty.
Okay, that makes sense.

But why would we join Rias peerage? That would put us under her, and i would think that as a Solar Exalted we would choose instead to lead and create our own group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathwings said:
For someone with only one dot in Manipulate, that was pretty good. We must have had quite a lot of success on that roll.
Nope. Sure you used Monologue to gain some extra rolls and they were mollified , but not everyone buy your excuse. But they recognized you don't want to openly talk about it and so decided to investigate in a less direct way.
Pipeman said:
Edit:
I've been looking at the stat sheet and noticed that our Dodge DV is only rated at 2.
Given that it's calculated [Dexterity (3) + Dodge (1) + Essence (3)]/2 rounded up, shouldn't that actually be at 4?
My mistake: corrected.
overmind said:
Also, why are we not tryting to gain martial arts? Wouldn't they be useful?

Can we learn the Fist of the Daystar later on, or is it blocked to us?
You can learn it later, once you gain at least one dot in Martial Arts.

overmind said:
Okay, that makes sense.

But why would we join Rias peerage? That would put us under her, and i would think that as a Solar Exalted we would choose instead to lead and create our own group.
I didn't say "join" I said "hook up with." That may entail just being allies who trade favors or it might mean making Rias and friends our minions or even something else entirely. And I wouldn't say joining Rias is out of the question either -- Solar or not, we're still a neophyte to all things supernatural while Rias is a demon princess with a great deal of knowledge and power we would be well-served to take advantage of. Even competently-built Solars are sometimes minions to more powerful beings simply because it serves their purposes to do so.

Smuthunter said:
I didn't say "join" I said "hook up with." That may entail just being allies who trade favors or it might mean making Rias and friends our minions or even something else entirely. And I wouldn't say joining Rias is out of the question either -- Solar or not, we're still a neophyte to all things supernatural while Rias is a demon princess with a great deal of knowledge and power we would be well-served to take advantage of. Even competently-built Solars are sometimes minions to more powerful beings simply because it serves their purposes to do so.
My mistake, sorry.

But really? I thought Solars were never subordinates. Guess i need more information on the setting.

Also, apparently we can learn Fist of the Daystar with one poin in Martial Arts. Shouldn't we try to get it now instead of later? It is supposed to be a style that would makes us the equal of anyone.

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

Given that Issei has a problem killing someone that tried to kill him, have we thought about learning the Compassion-based Martial Arts style instead? Because Fist of the Daystar won't do him much good if he doesn't want to hit his enemy.

overmind said:
Also, apparently we can learn Fist of the Daystar with one poin in Martial Arts. Shouldn't we try to get it now instead of later? It is supposed to be a style that would makes us the equal of anyone.
We'd still need to buy all the Charms in it, which would cost us 10 XP each, unless Alexander dramatically house-rules it.

overmind said:
My mistake, sorry.

But really? I thought Solars were never subordinates. Guess i need more information on the setting.
Oh hell no. Solars are subordinate to other people in many situations. There's even one Elder Solar way out in the east of Creation who has been mind-broken and enslaved by the leech gods.

Not sure why we would go for Fist of the Daystar rather than Solar Hero Style. Buckets of damage dice is exactly what we need when fighting shonen villains.

overmind said:
My mistake, sorry.

The main issue is that that first dot in Martial Arts costs two whole BP to buy now.
What I am planning to spend those BP on costs 12 XP.
Given that we can also get that Martial Arts dot with 2 XP and 6 days of 3 hours martial arts training per day, it would be highly inefficient to get it now.
We already have a lot to catch up on thanks to our incredibly suboptimal build, so spending our XP efficiently is rather important.
Furthermore, we have so many other things to catch up on, that we are unlikely to be able to afford buying stuff out of Fist of the Daystar yet anyways, meaning that odds are the only thing we'd really get out of buying MA now is a single extra die for combat for the duration of this week.

Also, Fist of the Daystar is the go to choice for all Solar Martial Artists, because literally every other Martial Art, including Solar Hero Style (which Fist of the Daystar is actually a playable rewrite of), is not worth the XP for Solars.
I think there might also have been something about it being favoured for all Solars, which would be rather great for us.

It also has non-lethal options, though I would like to note that high compassion characters don't necessarily hava a problem with using lethal attacks.
Only with killing downed opponents or doing so unnecessarily.

Pipeman said:
Also, Fist of the Daystar is the go to choice for all Solar Martial Artists, because literally every other Martial Art, including Solar Hero Style (which Fist of the Daystar is actually a playable rewrite of), is not worth the XP for Solars.
I think there might also have been something about it being favoured for all Solars, which would be rather great for us.
Oh you're talking about Chung's SHS rewrite, I was getting that one mixed up with Arms of the Unconquered Sun.

In that case yeah, definitely something we want to look into once we're optimized.

Pipeman said:
The main issue is that that first dot in Martial Arts costs two whole BP to buy now.
What I am planning to spend those BP on costs 12 XP.
Given that we can also get that Martial Arts dot with 2 XP and 6 days of 3 hours martial arts training per day, it would be highly inefficient to get it now.
We already have a lot to catch up on thanks to our incredibly suboptimal build, so spending our XP efficiently is rather important.
Furthermore, we have so many other things to catch up on, that we are unlikely to be able to afford buying stuff out of Fist of the Daystar yet anyways, meaning that odds the only thing we'd really get out of buying MA now is a single extra die for combat for the duration of this week.

It also has non-lethal options, though I would like to note that high compassion characters don't necessarily hava a problem with using lethal attacks.
Only with killing downed opponents or doing so unnecessarily.
Well, that is more efficient.

I like it, so i'll just follow your lead for now.

Still want Fist of the Daystar though.

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

Meh being optimal is kind of boring. Having a messed up character sheet and playing through it anyways is more fun. Still I'm going to vote this way anyways because its probably would have gone for anyways.

Fellgar said:
Meh being optimal is kind of boring. Having a messed up character sheet and playing through it anyways is more fun. Still I'm going to vote this way anyways because its probably would have gone for anyways.
I'll have to disagree on this. There's nothing entertaining about being murdered by angry dice.

I was kind of hoping that people would vote something like "I always looked like this," kind of like how Shirou from Gabriel Blessing's Shirou Emiya: Erogame Protagonist keeps saying "They were always there," about his swords, and then have our increased social stats make them all believe us.

Carrnage said:
It's a short one, with four chapters. Comedy. I think most people agree that his fics only get bad once he goes on for too long. Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Could be wrong though.

Selias said:
It's a short one, with four chapters. Comedy. I think most people agree that his fics only get bad once he goes on for too long. Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Could be wrong though.
You'll hear no arguments from me. His SAO/DxD fic is the best in FF.net's DxD section (though admittedly that's not saying anything).

Smuthunter said:
I'll have to disagree on this. There's nothing entertaining about being murdered by angry dice.

LOL seriously? Worried about *THAT* on easy modo? :))

Smuthunter said:
You'll hear no arguments from me. His SAO/DxD fic is the best in FF.net's DxD section (though admittedly that's not saying anything).

Oh please its disgustingly godmode sueing how he had effectively coma patients taking on trained swordsmen and winning. There is such a thing as the mind is willing but the body is weak you know.

Fellgar said:
LOL seriously? Worried about *THAT* on easy modo? :))
Yeah, actually. Exalted has this problem called "lethality" which means that despite being demigods mechanically-speaking we're actually extremely fragile when you calculate weapon damage and compare it against our available health boxes.

Oh please its disgustingly godmode sueing
Funny, I seem to recall Kirito losing even with his super reflexes when he sparred with Kiba*, and then both of them got KO'ed in the rating game. I agree that it's not terribly realistic for them to recover so quickly but saying that makes them into god mode sues is a bit much.

*It was actually kind of neat and insightful for Gabe to point out that letting your body react on instinct without consulting your brain is a great strategy for fighting mobs with programmed attack routines but not against people who can improvise and surprise you. Given that Kirito's uberskills are the most common complaint among his hatedom...

Smuthunter said:
Yeah, actually. Exalted has this problem called "lethality" which means that despite being demigods mechanically-speaking we're actually extremely fragile when you calculate weapon damage and compare it against our available health boxes.

Note the fact that they need to get hit? Yeah, we are how much experience away from a perfect defense? Their called that for a reason you know. They have one weakness... just one.

Funny, I seem to recall Kirito losing even with his super reflexes when he sparred with Kiba*, and then both of them got KO'ed in the rating game. I agree that it's not terribly realistic for them to recover so quickly but saying that makes them into god mode sues is a bit much.

*It was actually kind of neat and insightful for Gabe to point out that letting your body react on instinct without consulting your brain is a great strategy for fighting mobs with programmed attack routines but not against people who can improvise and surprise you. Given that Kirito's uberskills are the most common complaint among his hatedom...

Like it matters? Kiba, the swordsman knight, the super fast sworduser not being able to keep up with kirito who has an atrophed body is ridicous and stupid. I could beat kirito in the condition he was in... with kiba's advantages? No contest. So yes godmode suing.

Fellgar said:
Note the fact that they need to get hit? Yeah, we are how much experience away from a perfect defense? Their called that for a reason you know. They have one weakness... just one.
Several, actually. First there's the flaw of invulnerability, which in our case will most likely be compassion, meaning we can't use it unless we're protecting someone. Second there's the mote cost, what with PDs being really expensive in 2.5 means we can only use it sparingly.

Yeah actually it does. Kirito loses against Kiba, loses again in the rating game after spending most of it carving up Raiser's pawns rather than anyone of importance, and gets the primary source of his uberspecialness picked apart and shown to be actively detrimental in a fight with a well-trained opponent. Finally, his contributions to the plot ultimately amount to giving Issei an opening to do something really awesome rather than doing something really awesome himself. When I compare him to actual god mode sues like CED Naruto there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Smuthunter said:
Several, actually. First there's the flaw of invulnerability, which in our case will most likely be compassion, meaning we can't use it unless we're protecting someone. Second there's the mote cost, what with PDs being really expensive in 2.5 means we can only use it sparingly.

Actually, no.

The Compassion Flaw only means that to activate a PD, we have to have someone or something we care about nearby.

Anyways, we can pick a different Flaw, or buy a PD(or the same PD twice) with a different Flaw if we want to.

Nervaqus987 said:
Actually, no.

The Compassion Flaw only means that to activate a PD, we have to have someone or something we care about nearby.
Good catch. That will probably be less of a problem unless we start getting attached to mortal chicks instead of people who can hold their own in a fight.

Smuthunter said:
Yeah actually it does. Kirito loses against Kiba, loses again in the rating game after spending most of it carving up Raiser's pawns rather than anyone of importance, and gets the primary source of his uberspecialness picked apart and shown to be actively detrimental in a fight with a well-trained opponent. Finally, his contributions to the plot ultimately amount to giving Issei an opening to do something really awesome rather than doing something really awesome himself. When I compare him to actual god mode sues like CED Naruto there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Meh, you convinced me I'm not convincing you. I just read this and see this as wrong wrong and more wrong. Whatever. costs when we have effectively unlimited growing motes? Yeah just not going to agree with you.

Fellgar said:
Meh, you convinced me I'm not convincing you. I just read this and see this as wrong wrong and more wrong. Whatever. costs when we have effectively unlimited growing motes? Yeah just not going to agree with you.
I think the motes produced by the Gear can only be used offensively, so we can't use them for a PD. I'd check, but it's not on the first page.

We can't use them for a perfect defense unless that perfect defense acts like Wobuffets Counter and smacks them one good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back