• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
You want us to learn medicine so we can teach Asia about medicine. I assumed you were referring to charms, since just having dots in Medicine is of no benefit when Asia has Twilight Healing. When she can just wave her hands and make injuries disappear, she doesn't need to know the first thing about healing them the normal way.

... that runs counter to what I know about DxD Gear and their usage. Experimenting and having basic knowledge backing up your attempts means you can pull off interesting things with them.

megrisvernin said:
I appreciate the breakdown.

Did any of the groups attack on mass? Or did they strike multiple targets in series? Being able to target multiple opponents would be really helpful for the former, increasing our harem's combat potential further helps more with the later since it allows us to split the party if need be & have them combat capable.
The Khaos Brigade has large numbers of red shirts working for them, most of whom seem to be working with the Old Maou Faction. The Hero Faction has a much smaller number of mooks, but they all tend to be sacred gear-users and so are more of a problem. Team Vali is only composed of three or four people, but they're all super-elite boss fight material.

Also, this is all prone to changing. The villains in DxD are one of the worst parts of the story, so I expect Alexander will be playing with them a lot and much of this information won't be accurate when we get around to meeting them.

Fellgar said:
... that runs counter to what I know about DxD Gear and their usage. Experimenting and having basic knowledge backing up your attempts means you can pull off interesting things with them.
Nope, the gears evolve based on the desires and power of the wielder. Asia's gear evolves in canon so she can do things like heal people at a distance, but she's never shown to be learning anything about medicine. Now magic, that's another story, but we're already training her in thaumaturgy.

Smuthunter said:
The Khaos Brigade has large numbers of red shirts working for them, most of whom seem to be working with the Old Maou Faction. The Hero Faction has a much smaller number of mooks, but they all tend to be sacred gear-users and so are more of a problem. Team Vali is only composed of three or four people, but they're all super-elite boss fight material.

Also, this is all prone to changing. The villains in DxD are one of the worst parts of the story, so I expect Alexander will be playing with them a lot and much of this information won't be accurate when we get around to meeting them.

Hmm. Excellent point. OC knowledge will be limited in value.

Uhh. Can we ask Rias in character what threats she thinks we might face soon? Especially faction & foes which might target us? That might be the best step to planning our training out.

Smuthunter said:
Nope, the gears evolve based on the desires and power of the wielder. Asia's gear evolves in canon so she can do things like heal people at a distance, but she's never shown to be learning anything about medicine. Now magic, that's another story, but we're already training her in thaumaturgy.

that said, getting her some dots in medicine won't hurt her, and they might have interesting effects.

not enough reason for US to dip into the charms for it though.

not worth the effort.

also, i totally changed my mind on the magic thing.

I want us to learn Fists of iron, and Sledgehammer ASAP.

then i guess we should throw some more exp at social stuff, to help with our Motivation.

people were saying charisma was a bad idea, no? what would you suggest on the social front?

Hmm, so we've got the breakdown for organisations and threats that are from canon Highschool DxD. However, if I recall from one of the earlier posts...

Alexander said:
"Thanks for telling me Abe-sempai. One last thing: do you know any Japanese Magic Associations, not hostile to Devils, that I can contact for assistance?"

"Uhm..." She assumes a thinking pose. "My family is very old and proud so we kept mostly to ourselves, but we formally belong to the History Compilation Committee, the main Japanese Association that is in change of keeping the supernatural hidden from normal people. There are other minor but influential associations, but the only two I know are the Urakai ("Shadow Organization") and the Keikain House, the premier Onmyōji Clan that protect Kyoto. There is also the Youkai Yakuza but I advise against it, at least until you're strong enough."

You nod. "I see...wait a second!" Your head whip so fast you almost give yourself a whiplash. "Youkai Yakuza?"

There is something absurd like that in the world?!?

"The business type, not the criminal type. Many Youkai Clans are too prideful to receive help from humans, so they sought to be independent. They're actually good guys, if a bit rowdy. Or so my father said."

So let's see now.

Looks like we've potentially got stuff from Campione (History Compilatilation committee) but that's probably just be more mage focus than gods since there are no heretic gods in DxD.

Urakai (Shadow Organisation) is from Kekkaishi...I haven't read it in a long while so I don't know what threats might come from that.

We also got the Keikain House and Youkai Yakuza which I assume refers to the Nura clan, both of which are from Nurarihyon no Mago or known by by westerners as Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. Now there are enemies and threats from that series that could be dangerous to us such as The Hagoromo Gitsune who is the head of the Kyoto Youkai in Nurarihyon no Mago (Which clashes with DxD's own Nine tail fox kyoto youkai ruler Yasaki or was it Kunou), The Hyaku Monogatari (Hundred Tales Clan, and then we've got Abe no Seimei, The Hagoromo gitsune's son AKA the Nue and his descendants, the Gokadoin House who wanted to "Purify" the world and restore the order that humans and ayakashi had sullied.

And that's what I could bring up.

Who knows what crossover elements Alexander has in store for us.

iamnuff said:
people were saying charisma was a bad idea, no? what would you suggest on the social front?
More charms. Possibly a Presence (Seduction) specialty, which would give us a few extra dice.

shibosho said:
Looks like we've potentially got stuff from Campione (History Compilatilation committee) but that's probably just be more mage focus than gods since there are no heretic gods in DxD.
Alexander is only stealing names. He said about 20 pages ago that there is no Campione stuff here and the history compilation committee is run by the Japanese gods. Make no assumptions about these groups until we've actually met them.

iamnuff said:
then i guess we should throw some more exp at social stuff, to help with our Motivation.

The problem with Charisma is that it takes two months of training to increase. We could raise our Presence instantly or buy some more social Charms, but most remaining social charms would be UMI.

Smuthunter said:
Alexander is only stealing names. He said about 20 pages ago that there is no Campione stuff here and the history compilation committee is run by the Japanese gods. Make no assumptions about these groups until we've actually met them.

Oh, okay. I'll keep that in mind.

Now on the topic of what to train, I'm partial to furthering our Martial Art abilities but I'd like it if we could gain a dot in investigation as well. Plus there's some investigation charms I'd like Issei to get such as CRAFTY OBSERVATION METHOD, JUDGE'S EAR TECHNIQUE and EVIDENCE-DISCERNING METHOD.

shibosho said:
Oh, okay. I'll keep that in mind.

Now on the topic of what to train, I'm partial to furthering our Martial Art abilities but I'd like it if we could gain a dot in investigation as well. Plus there's some investigation charms I'd like Issei to get such as CRAFTY OBSERVATION METHOD, JUDGE'S EAR TECHNIQUE and EVIDENCE-DISCERNING METHOD.
You know what, that's not a bad idea. Investigation can be very useful in social situations, particularly for discerning a person's motives and figuring out weak points in their social defenses. With a higher investigation score there's a lot we could learn about our opponents prior to fighting them.

Smuthunter said:
You know what, that's not a bad idea. Investigation can be very useful in social situations, particularly for discerning a person's motives and figuring out weak points in their social defenses. With a higher investigation score there's a lot we could learn about our opponents prior to fighting them.

should be useful when the Excalibits arc crop up.

Smuthunter said:

Let's not forget that with EVIDENCE-DISCERNING METHOD, we make a personality profile of the target, which in my mind includes their kinks and fetishes. Oh and their likes and dislikes.

Smuthunter said:

I'm disagreeing with you here. Intelligently Using your gear, aka minmaxing or munchining is what I am talking about.

Should we really branch into yet another involved tree?

It's something to think about later. Right now we really want to start investing in combat charms lest Raiser catch us unaware. My schedule already has time for martial arts training with the girls so unless there's a massive upswell of votes for another option that's what we're going for right now.

Smuthunter said:
It's something to think about later. Right now we really want to start investing in combat charms lest Raiser catch us unaware. My schedule already has time for martial arts training with the girls so unless there's a massive upswell of votes for another option that's what we're going for right now.
So we need Dodge,Athletic and Occult charms.

So we can not get hit. Hit with bigger Kamahamas, and Blow him up with blessed magic.

Larekko12 said:
So we need Dodge,Athletic and Occult charms.

So we can not get hit. Hit with bigger Kamahamas, and Blow him up with blessed magic.
We don't qualify for any Dodge charms save for the Excellencies. We need to raise our score higher than 1 dot before we can do that. I suggest aiming for Reflex Sidestep Technique, which needs Dodge 3. That charm gives us a "spider sense" which allows us to react to surprise attacks for 1 mote. A successful surprise attack is devastating under the rules we're using, so this is pretty important and I would strongly suggest devoting training time towards it.

Athletics doesn't give us anything we need immediately. There are useful tricks there for increasing our physical strength for lifting or breaking objects and jumping around but nothing that's super-essential. One that we'll probably be very interested in eventually is Eagle Wing Style which gives us limited flight for a scene, but that's an essence 4 charm. The First Athletics Excellency may be useful if we're going to make frequent use of Solar Dragon Wave, however the Second Excellency is better for succeeding at Athletics checks with greater reliability

At present, Occult only gives us access to Spirit-Detecting Glance, Spirit-Cutting Attack, and Ghost-Eating Technique. These are only really useful for dealing with Exalted-type gods and spirits, creatures that can dematerialize like a ghost. Of greater use is Terrestrial Circle Sorcery which we also qualify for, but we need to complete our Four Trials before we can take that charm.

so, martial arts charms, then dodge, then social?

iamnuff said:
so, martial arts charms, then dodge, then social?
I would recommend Dodge first, just because it's not much of an investment, whereas the martial arts charm tree is a yawning chasm of awesomeness and it'll be very tempting to overspend and put off the Dodge charm until later.

Smuthunter said:
I would recommend Dodge first, just because it's not much of an investment, whereas the martial arts charm tree is a yawning chasm of awesomeness and it'll be very tempting to overspend and put off the Dodge charm until later.

good point.

I guess i just wanted to go martial arts first, if only because we don't actually have any good "punch them in the face" charms yet.

i mean, i guess we could start boosting and just sock someone in the jaw at full power, if we don't want the collateral damage of a dragon wave, but it seems inefficient.

Larekko12 said:
Eh. Did he need to Hypnotise his parents?

Family doesn't use Social Charms on family ya know. I mean not unless he tried to avoid a heart attack. It was just about cooking.
Stop implying social charms are a violation of people. They are not. End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robotninja said:
Stop implying social charms are a violation of people. They are not. End of story.

Not to mention, this is Issei's parents... from what I've seen they are right up with there Ataru's mother and father, or close enough that the fact he hasn't killed them yet says a lot about his restraint in my view, ymmv of course

Question: In order to get myself up to speed on all the DxD plot in this quest, should I watch the second season of the anime, or read through the manga instead?

BobTheNinja said:
Question: In order to get myself up to speed on all the DxD plot in this quest, should I watch the second season of the anime, or read through the manga instead?
Watch the first and second season and read the light novels.

EternitynChaos said:
Not to mention, this is Issei's parents... from what I've seen they are right up with there Ataru's mother and father, or close enough that the fact he hasn't killed them yet says a lot about his restraint in my view, ymmv of course
Who's parents?

BobTheNinja said:
I watched the first season of the anime (second season wasn't out yet) then read the light novels. Anime changes a few minor things but is mostly faithful to it. Barring the Raiser fight where anime Issei spends the whole ten seconds of balance breaker explaining what it is. One of the rare moments I've wanted to punch an anime character for stupidity.

Robotninja said:

This was more than a stinking day ago and already addressed by the Gm. Stop trying to pick fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back