• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

I like both one and five... Could we have a crossover option between the two?

Vindictus said:
I like both one and five... Could we have a crossover option between the two?
One path is the 'loyal soldier' and the other the 'wretched traitor'. They're kinda incompatible.

Still, option five may come with the chance to select an edge -duelling-knowledge-charisma-. Maybe.

Option four sounds quite fun. Seeing as Kirche quest is probably gone forever we might as well have some fun with the general idea.

Idea: The Unfortunate Sekirei Quest

You stumble through the streets of the city you very reluctantly call "home" piss drunk. Normally such a thing would be next to impossible for someone like you, or more specifically anyone like you but not you, your ability to be able to cope with disappointment be getting blitz out or you skull was just another in a long list of failures. Oh god you just wanted to cry! This had become a regular occurrence in the past week since you preformed something that would prove you worthy of your title as 'Dead last Sekirei'.

You've lived quite a remarkable life in just how unremarkable you are. Put quite simply the evil corporation that had made you, had experimented with your species, had somehow fucked up with you yet were unable to find out how. You were likely the weakest Sekirei in the, admittedly very short, history of your species. A complete failure I every conceivable department, almost indistinguishable even to MIB from the average human on the street. In fact you sadly lagged behind them in several as well seeing as you were literally raised in a lab and as such lacked every skill a human your age should have and been completely out of your depth when you were finally released, not having even the most basic human knowledge of how to support yourself. You couldn't even throw money at the problem seeing as a month ago you had been mugged by a rag tag group of street tough children that you thought only existed in 1930's America and the little Oscar Wild looking punks took your fancy creditcard. Also your shoes, and drew some very inappropriate things on your face in permanent marker since they were jerks.

You stop and take a big swig of the cheap drink in your hand, key word being tried. Apparently you had long ago drained it's contents and you stare stupidly at it, drunk mind unable to connect the pieces for a few moments, When it does you immediately chuck the empty bottle of root beer at a nearby tree. It was at this point you realized where your feet had taken you without realizing it, you stand in front of a small wooded park you had recently called your home. Which meant that your new residence was less than a block away. You march off, feeling both relieved and anxious as your head clears.

You are a horrible excuse of a Sekirei. You weren't just in the bottom percentile; you defined the bottle percentile. Physically the weakest Sekirei yet and your actually ability, perfect control of your voice, was just as stupid as it sounded. It had not helped that the equipment that would subliminally beam the knowledge of how to use the ability had glitched somehow lead to you being for all intents and purposes 'Trapped in cyberspace' for a week. The next few years of intense therapy to repressdeal with the trauma and your new ...vocabulary had set you even farther behind your sisters. It's also why you call yourself Yawane Haku despite it not being your MBI assigned name.

You reach the fancy apartment building you now share with your new Ashikabi and let yourself in. It was far above what you should be able to afford on your 0 figure salary, and in fact as also above your Ashikabi's paygrade as well and belong to his parents whom he was living along with his sister. You ponder your Ashikabi while making your assent, remembering a time when your biggest worry about them would be that they might either be mean or, if you actually liked them, lost quickly due to your weakness. Now though your find yourself a secretly envying the scrapped numbers, at least they had closure and power. One bit of luck though was that your new in-laws where still in the dark about their new status, being kept busy at work and such and rarely being home (usually just sending one neighbors to check if the room hadn't caught fire or something.) saving you from the very awkward explanation of just who you were and why you weren't just some crazy lady pervert after their little boy. The sister never bothered questioning it, accepting it with ease.

Knocking on the door you look down at the bag in your left hand as you wait, your Ashikabi having called your cellphone to ask you to bring some groceries home when you got back. That was another thing, your kind Ashikabi was the one taking care of you, proving to be the more mature and levelheaded one in the relationship. Oddly this only depressed you that much more. The reason became obvious as the door opened to reveal your Ashikabi and his shy twin sister.

"Onee-chan welcome home!" Greets your Ashikabi Takeda Tatsuki with a smile. Takkun, 10 year old little boy who practically radiated an aura of Innocents, kittens, sunshine, and Rainbow unicorn puppies near constantly, "The bath is still warm and I'll start dinner when we're done."

As the two lead you away to clean up you really want to cry. This is not what MBI promised you at all!

You don't want to be a criminal!

Sounds hilarious.
Sill, I'm wondering how long it takes before making her suffer more gets boring, because I really can't see her actually accomplishing anything.

Pipeman said:
Sounds hilarious.
Sill, I'm wondering how long it takes before making her suffer more gets boring, because I really can't see her actually accomplishing anything.

She'll suffer lots through out, but rest assured she will get her moments of awesomeness.

I know it's unlikely, and very derivative, but part of me really wants to see Yawane Haku have a few words with people who tried to do something bad to her Ashikabi.

Specifically: FUS RO DAH!

(Because if your power is 'perfect control of your voice' then you better have something worthwhile to say.)

Perfect vocal control is a crap power?

Did not do research. Prepare for 'Useless' ability weaponization.

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=194.0 ~ Harmony Quest is GO!

Vindictus said:
Perfect vocal control is a crap power?

Did not do research. Prepare for 'Useless' ability weaponization.

When compared to people who can control Fire/Water/Air, make an entire fucking forest bloom in a couple hours, teleport, hack any electronic device, or shot lasers shaped like bears out of their fists mimicing sounds seems like a let down. Especially since you can't even scratch them and they'd paste your brain with a casual bitchslap.

Booting...(0--------100%)
Booting...(0==----100%)
Booting...(0====100%)
Complete

Orders?

[X]Run self-diagnostics
This unit is equipped with three limbs that together form a potential claw shape, along with a magnetic coil capable of drawing off individual atoms from sufficiently loose material. Energy need are covered by abosrbing heat from the environment or breaking down material in reserve for emergency needs.

Basically, we are this.

nanite.jpg

A database of several common chemicals is included within our records, including the schematics needed to produce another of us. All systems are normal, and power supplies are optimal.

The environment around us appears to be mostly water, which we can move in using our limbs. Sensory range only extends to 30 micrometers.

[X]Directives?
The data is corrupted. We may be able to recover it, but this will take time.

[X]Last known command?
No commands are listed on record.

Orders?

-----
Generic idea part 4: Nanite quest!

Good lord, talk about a micro quest~

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
When compared to people who can control Fire/Water/Air, make an entire fucking forest bloom in a couple hours, teleport, hack any electronic device, or shot lasers shaped like bears out of their fists mimicing sounds seems like a let down. Especially since you can't even scratch them and they'd paste your brain with a casual bitchslap.

Have you read Runelords? I'm specifically thinking about the end of the first book, where Raj Ahten shatters a stone fortress with just his voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
A reboot of Nanobots Quest ? Count me in!

I actually never read the SB thread. How far did it get?

It was on /m/ and on SB.

Sadly, the Quest didn't go that far, we weren't able to wake up our host or to discover what was going on.

I know Hassam [sp?] had one on SB. But it died after a week or two.

I think I recall mentions of another, but I wasn't sure if it was on SB or on another site.

If anyone's interested, the first /m/ quest is archived on the Team Phantom Tiger's blog. It didn't get very far either. Hopefully, I'll do better.

So vote, people! Show that you care! Feed my tiny, atrophied ego!

Giant Robo Quest!​

This is a universe where an interesting new invention has recently gone into production... The Giant Robo! These giant man shaped machines have recreated modern industry, with the use of Labors offering immense advantages to any company that uses them. From the humble introduction five years ago, to the Modern Constructicon Robos used in today's industry, the Robo has changed modern life in ways undreamed of years ago!

And just last month, the American Military Industrial Complex came out with the first armed and militarized Robo, the Rifleman! Armed with a Robo sized Battle Rifle and smoke bomb dispensers on it's shoulders, the Rifleman promises to change the face of war the same way the old giant Robo's changed the face of industry!

But this is not your current problem. You are the leader of a group that is as rich as powerful as some nations, with its own private armies, its own labs and factories.. what could be troubling you, some would ask? The Answer? Aliens. Just five minutes ago, a random entity claiming omnipotent powers took you on a whirlwind tour of the solar solar system to prove its claims.. and told you that in a matter of years aliens would be invading. An invasion that the earth was not currently equipped to survive...

You'd think you'd hallucinated it.. but the rock you picked up on Mars.. It's still on your desk, red sand and all.

...If you mean to survive to die of old age, you probably should get cracking.

So, yes, a super robot wars game. Players would take the role of leading a powerful organization, whither it is a hypercorp, secret conspiracy, Military Black Ops project, or the remnant survivors of some ancient civilization.

Just a hour ago, a BROB has picked you up and taken you on a solar system tour while warning you that an alien armada, as is normal in a Super Robot Wars universe, is on it's way to attack the world. They then dropped you back off, mentioned they'd told the same thing to a few other people, and then vanished.

Players would be leading one of the four kinds of mentioned groups in a quest to advance enough to survive the upcoming invasion... and to succeed in the goals of your organization in the process. As well, the BROB mentioned he'd be offering competitions as time went on.. ones with rewards. But only one player can get a reward, yes? And of course NPC groups exist.

Just don't proceed to do so much infighting that you weaken each other too much to resist the aliens.

So, anyone interested?

MAGUS

There is a hiss as air is released from the capsule as it opens.

"W-We thank you for U-UsIng Eir's Storage service. Have a niCe day. Do not-not forgEt to check oUT." A synthetic female voice says from unseen speakers.

The capsules tenant blinks as she crawls out of it. 'This is, what? Where am I?'

+Eir's Storage Center, contact us if you need to store articles+ A monotonous voice answers.

'What?' Her mental voice calls out in confusion.

+Clarification, request: position; response: Eir's Storage Center+

'Wha-who are you?' She is strangely calm…

+This unit is an Integrated Virtual Intellect, IVI for short+

'Integrated… You are part of me?'

+Correct, all MAGI are outfitted with IVI meant for resource management+

'Wait, magi?'

+Magical Artificial Gynoid Intellect, plural for MAGUS, Magical Artificial Gynoid Usage System+

'So I'm a magus… Wait, if you know all these things, who am I?'

+Host Unit, designation unknown, data not found+

'Is that so…'

With that she starts to examine herself and her surroundings. She lacks any clothes, and the room contains nothing but her and the capsule.

+Note, a door, to Host Unit's left+

'Yes, but I wanted to see if there was anything else in the room.'

+If Host Unit says so…+

'And now the voice in my head is mocking me, lovely'

The door is unlocked and leads to a bleak corridor.

As she walks through and tests the different doors she ask the IVI some questions. 'What is a magus?'

+DATA LOST, MAGI are synthetic organisms produced intended for performing magecraft.+

'So I'm a witch?'

+Incorrect assumption. Witches' are humans, MAGI are not human, despite CLASSIFIED INFORMATION+

'Why don't I remember anything?'

+This unit's search engines reports memory errors. First hypothesis: possible damage from storage; second hypothesis: Host Unit's owner deleted Host Unit's memory; third hypothesis: Host Unit was broken before storage+

'…'

+Search complete, internal systems found:
Thought Engine: Online
Essence Drive: Offline
Anima Manipulator: Offline
Nephilim Augmentation: Offline, Warning: unknown system
…+
The IVI continues to recite mystifying labels, as she ignores it.

Finally one of the doors is unlocked, and reveals a changing room. 'Maybe I can find clothes here… And why do I look like a human if I am some kind of artificial being. Shouldn't I look like a robot or something?'

+ERROR, to ease human perception on MAGI, a human appearance was chosen. The female form was chosen for an aesthetically pleasing appearance. And MAGI are biological organisms, warning, food is needed+

'So that's why I'm hungry… What kind of clothes are these? They barely cover me.'

+MAGUS uniform, ERROR, designed for ease of anima manipulation+

'Anima manipulation… wasn't that offline?'

+Correct+

'… There's nothing better here, and it's better than walking around nude.' Grudgingly she dress herself in it.

'Well, there's nothing else here.' She leaves the room and continues through the corridor.

---

She reaches the end of the corridor after what feels like an eternity of walking.

+3 hours & 44 minutes since storage room+

It ends in a reception area. It is empty.

[] Take a look at the computer.

[] Look for a map of this place.

[] Rest for a bit in a sofa.

[] Write in:

Well, another quest idea... This one might even be SFW ^_^' ...

You yawn and rolled over in your bed at the soft ringing from your clock.

Balefully, you blink at the little mechanical monstrosity as it rung. Oh, you knew it wasn't loud, and yet... in your current state... it was the loudest thing you've experienced.

You could feel stickiness on your eyelids that you rubbed away with a hand. The ringing echoed in your head and your mouth tasted like something horrible had crapped in it and then died to rot. Perhaps, it hadn't been the best of ideas to celebrate with your friends after graduating and becoming proper genin with them.

You stumbled out of bed, wincing at the cold floor. You had to be awake now.

After all, it was team assignment day.

You're also fairly certain that there was some devious nin involved in the scheduling of days; graduation and its mandated celebration in the evening, and the next day... photographing, team assignments and meeting with one's new jounin sensei.

Fiendish.

You mentally make a note to not do this again. Staying up late partying with friends after something successful.

You stumble into your home's washroom and start your morning absolution; making sure that your short and perky hair was immaculate, that you didn't have any bags under your pale lavender eyes.

Perfect.

You slip into your customary outfit and dashed off to the academy, and more specifically, the waiting room for the final paperwork and processing. Your headband was around your neck, the clear reflection on its new steel cover with its stylized cloud proudly denoting your village allegiance.

As you dashed about your ninja village, you smiled at the looks you got. Even after all this time, there were still people who were surprised to see you. After all, you were one of the very few with your distinctive looks. Pale skin and dark hair were the trait marks of the nins from Konoha.

After the Fourth Shinobi War broke out, sparked by some minor dispute between Konoha and Kumo, your mother along with certain others fled Konoha. She was rescued by Kumo nins, but died of her wounds. You ended up being adopted by your papa, Dee; a jounin who had retired due to injuries suffered in battle.

Still, you have an appointment to make as a proud genin of Kumo.

- - -
Lavender Flower amongst Clouds [Naruto Quest]
- - -

What Do?
[X] Ask certain Tanuki to give up a quest and do this one?
[X] Hope certain Tanuki find more free time... somehow to do this quest?
[X] Look forlornly at this quest and suspect that you're being teased.

Current Equipment
01 - Kumo Headband
01 - Pouch with assorted nin equipment, and small change
10 - Assorted Kunai
10 - Assorted Shuriken
02 - Spools of Nin Wire

Current Ninjutsu Known
  • Bunshin no jutsu
  • Kawarimi no jutsu
  • Henge no jutsu

Current Taijutsu Known
  • Furious Dragon Style [up to Form technique]

Current Genjutsu Known
  • Kai

[X] Ask certain Tanuki to give up a quest and do this one?

[X] Hope certain Tanuki find more free time... somehow to do this quest?

Year 86 of the new calendar. It is a time of strife and conflict. The old government failed in its task to safeguard its citizenry, and civil war has broken out across the various worlds and other holdings administered by the Bureau.

There is chaos. Bandits and other criminals act without fear of retaliation from the law as the remnants of the former central government, now under new administration, struggles to reclaim the territory it has lost to the various rebel groups and other uprisings that have sprung up after the old government toppled.

It is during this era that you grew up. Your parents often told you, wistfully, of the days of peace before these times of crisis, of times when there was no war and no fighting to worry about. You wish they hadn't died. Family is only one of the innumerable things that this war has claimed from you.

Sometimes, you wonder about what might have been, about how you might have lived if you had been born in a peaceful world, with a loving family to guide you through your youth. But such idle speculation is pointless. You have known this ever since you volunteered to fight at the tender age of fourteen. The four years since then have been hell. Your childhood has been spent on the battlefield, the years that your peers spend in the classroom, you have spent fighting for your very life amidst the bloody carnage of war.

You think it's worth it though. Every day you spend fighting is one day that this war will continue, and if your own service means that even one less person will have been caused to suffer by this horrible war, then perhaps your own struggle is not quite so bad after all.

It isn't as if your own deeds are futile, either. Through exemplary service and no small number of battlefield promotions, you've managed acquire an officer's commission despite your young age. And because of that, or, perhaps, in spite of that, you were offered a position in an experimental new division. From what little you were told of it, this unit was purposely formed to test a new approach to combat that, hopefully, can bring a final end to this war.

Eager to see the war finally come to an end, you jumped at the opportunity. That's how you ended up here.

It's your first day on the job, and even as you arrive at the stark, angular glass-and-concrete building that serves as your new office and headquarters, your heart soars within you, and you burst with excitement.

Today, you begin your duties with the New Administration's 108th Ground Division, also known as the experimental "Yagami Ordinance Brigade".

History will remember you as one of them. As one of the Betrayers.

n2tIlgg.jpg

[ ] Yes, No, Quit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back