• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Tay: Wait so I get paid loads of money if I kill you?

Emma: Yup :D

Tay: Sweet! Business AND pleasure.

Later

Tay drops the severed heads of Jack, Bonesaw and Emma on Armstrongs table.

Tay: SO when do I get my money?

Armstrong: They go into your trust and you will get it when you turn 18

Tay: FUCK!

Armstrong: Language.
I know its a joke, but im preeety sure that is against the terms of the bounty.

Omake: Bringing the room together

*With the guards outside Armstrong's office*

Guard 1: Aren't we supposed to stop this.

Guard 2: The man attempted to deny payment to the girl who killed three members of the Slaughter House 9, two of which were Jack Slash AND Bonesaw, so I say let him have it.

Taylor *Inside the office*: Where's my money man!

*Things breaking*

Guard 1: Are you sure? Things are sounding rather nasty in there.

Guard 2: Give it another two maybe three minutes if it hasn't stopped then we'll help him.

Last edited:
Tay drops the severed heads of Jack, Bonesaw and Emma on Armstrongs table.

Tay: SO when do I get my money?

Armstrong: They go into your trust and you will get it when you turn 18

Tay: FUCK!

Armstrong: Language.
Frankly I'm surprised he didn't say that as a member of the Wards, they are not entitled to collect bounties because apprehending criminals is part of their duties as Wards.
https://www.aele.org/law/2011-04MLJ201.html

Frankly I'm surprised he didn't say that as a member of the Wards, they are not entitled to collect bounties because apprehending criminals is part of their duties as Wards.
First, that isn't part of Taylor's duties, or at least not yet. Second, she isn't claiming the bounty as a Ward, because she didn't confront the S9 as a Ward. Third, even if he's right, she can probably make a very loud and embarassing lawsuit to argue the opposite, which she might even win.

Last edited:
Sweet omake! If I were to offer a criticism, it is that Emma doesn't come across as insane enough. Why, someone who didn't know what she did might even think she's within eyesight of normal.

The end result of Emma succeeding...depending on form, it could be interesting, 2nd trigger material for Taylor maybe? Similar to first trigger expect worse. Expect, well, double-trigger. I'm not sure what that'd do with a fused body, especially when one adds in triggers sometimes healing injuries (and lets say this is one of these times because that's interesting).

I don't think Ghost would be easily manipulated into being a pure S9 member, but Bonesaw can control what she makes, so she wouldn't really get a choice post-merging.
Just imagine Taylor's reaction to getting that last message out of nowhere.
Taylor doesn't know who Riley is, so I'm sure she'll be reacting worse than I am :V Alas, can't give early warning.

Also, I had gotten the impression that Riley was somewhat 'secret' identity, so it says a bit when Bonesaw gives it out to new girl/science project. Which is probably only reason she's allowed in; otherwise Emma is rather meh as far as S9 options go, even with pushing her further into 'have to be predator' thing.

Sweet omake! If I were to offer a criticism, it is that Emma doesn't come across as insane enough. Why, someone who didn't know what she did might even think she's within eyesight of normal.
In my defense it is difficult to convey madness through short text messages, but the fact that Emma was still messaging a number that had blocked her doesn't say good things about her sanity. Besides she didn't really start losing it until the last few messages when everything really started going wrong for her.
Taylor doesn't know who Riley is, so I'm sure she'll be reacting worse than I am :V Alas, can't give early warning.
For that I am just gonna say what ended up happening in Brockton wasn't exactly subtle considering that the S9 did show up and they don't really do subtle so the context clues are there off-screen for her.

Though Taylor warning anyone really depends on how often she checks her phone since Emma and her new friends are less than an hour away.
Also, I had gotten the impression that Riley was somewhat 'secret' identity, so it says a bit when Bonesaw gives it out to new girl/science project. Which is probably only reason she's allowed in; otherwise Emma is rather meh as far as S9 options go, even with pushing her further into 'have to be predator' thing.
Yeah that is pretty much the case with S9!Emma who is only there because Jack thought what she did to her best friend was hilarious and decided to bring her along, well not before he let Bonesaw and the others play with her for a bit. Plus he can't really lose with Emma in the 9 since if they succeed in grabbing Taylor then Bonesaw gets a new toy, if Emma dies no big loss, and if Taylor escapes and Emma survives then Jack can mock the heroes with the fact he recruited one of their Wards into the Slaughter House 9. So yeah Jack isn't in a position where he can suffer a loss no matter which way the wind ends up blowing in this game of his.

Last edited:
In my defense it is difficult to convey madness through short text messages, but the fact that Emma was still messaging a number that had blocked her doesn't say good things about her sanity. Besides she didn't really start losing it until the last few messages when everything really started going wrong for her.
:D
Ampere: I messed up but what else is new. We were so close but then everything went wrong so fast and it is all my fault. I talked them into it it was my idea from the start now Chris and Dean are. Sorry I shouldn't be bothering you with this.

Your message could not be delivered due to access control restrictions.
Emma: 'My life is ok! This is still salvagable!'

Anyway, doesn't that have fun connotions(spelling?)​ with "Slaughterhouse Nine showed up and recruited me". Only difficulty is that canon Emma's first reaction is breaking down in response to bad trauma, like once it was unveiled Skitter = Taylor. Toned-down Nine antics on the level of "bored, I haven't even done anything yet" could very easily make her retreat to her room for weeks again. Which would titillate Jack, but'd be too much of a normie to make kindergarten smoothie.

So yeah Jack isn't in a position where he can suffer a loss no matter which way the wind ends up blowing in this game of his.
"Fear the Slaughterhouse Nine! Expect Ampere, she's just some random fangirl he picked up." -Rep -Rep -Rep. Jack loves being feared and fears being forgotten.
For that I am just gonna say what ended up happening in Brockton wasn't exactly subtle considering that the S9 did show up and they don't really do subtle so the context clues are there off-screen for her.

Though Taylor warning anyone really depends on how often she checks her phone since Emma and her new friends are less than an hour away.
Good point.

Typical teenager Ghost: *has phone taped onto forehead*
Typical teenager Ghost: "You mean, how often I check the world?"

Taylor, though, would rather not text on the move, or have anybody to text at all...Though if she did, she could avoid the fate of her mother with her powers!

Only difficulty is that canon Emma's first reaction is breaking down in response to bad trauma, like once it was unveiled Skitter = Taylor. Toned-down Nine antics on the level of "bored, I haven't even done anything yet" could very easily make her retreat to her room for weeks again.
You have to remember that this isn't canon Emma this is Just a Phase Emma who got powers and has been an active Ward for about two years now so her retreating inwards isn't likely to happen. Especially since the reason she was incapable of triggering in canon was because her reaction to trauma was to breakdown so it is safe to assume this Emma is different from canon Emma in this respect.
"Fear the Slaughterhouse Nine! Expect Ampere, she's just some random fangirl he picked up." -Rep -Rep -Rep. Jack loves being feared and fears being forgotten.
You have to remember that Emma was also a Ward and Jack does love tearing down people who do good so having a junior hero become a serial killer would definitely be something he would do. Besides is there anything more terrifying than someone who can turn heroes into monsters, I mean just look at how scared people are of the Simurgh turning people into monsters.

Plus if Emma did go murderous with her powers she would be effective; electrocution is both painful and lethal, additionally Emma's weakness sense would make her very effective at murdering people.
Typical teenager Ghost: *has phone taped onto forehead*
Typical teenager Ghost: "You mean, how often I check the world?"
Taylor is also a teenager who went for her entire teenage life without a cellphone so she isn't as addicted to it as most teens.

Besides the only people who would be texting her are part of the PRT/Protectorate so she would be in no rush to respond and if it was important they would have called her after all.

The law is pretty clear that everyone no exception get to claim these bounties, considering convicted murderers on the run from the law get to walk in and collect the bounties, I doubt there's an exception for law enforcement, Wards probably don't get to collect normal bounties, but absolutely anyone get to collect kill ordet bounties.

Oh hey, new omake! Let's see what its ab—

oh no
That was the exact response I was goong for with it so thanks for the compliment.
The law is pretty clear that everyone no exception get to claim these bounties, considering convicted murderers on the run from the law get to walk in and collect the bounties, I doubt there's an exception for law enforcement, Wards probably don't get to collect normal bounties, but absolutely anyone get to collect kill ordet bounties.
Honestly the main thing Taylor should be worrying about in that scenario is the PRT increasing the pressure to get her to join up considering she would be the girl who killed Jack Slash and Bonesaw.

That might be the case, but Taylor's guardianship got turned over to the PRT, and as a minor, her guardian can put it in a trust fund that becomes untouchable until she turns 18/21/25 (guardian's choice) against her wishes.
It happens all the time with inheritances and occasionally other windfalls or major earnings above minimum wage such as a child scoring a record deal (I guess CD or MP3 these days). The parent often give the kid the equivalent of a minimum wage job for spending money (and full time at minimum wage is considerably more money than the typical part-time work a high school student can get, where they might only get 12-16 hours per week if under 16 during the school year, with a maximum of 20 during peak times for retail jobs) and put the rest in a trust that cannot be withdrawn until the kid comes of age, sometimes not until the kid is 25.
First, that isn't part of Taylor's duties, or at least not yet. Second, she isn't claiming the bounty as a Ward, because she didn't confront the S9 as a Ward. Third, even if he's right, she can probably make a very loud and embarassing lawsuit to argue the opposite, which she might even win.
I don't believe that's any different from an off-duty police officer trying to claim a bounty out of uniform.

Last edited:
That might be the case, but Taylor's guardianship got turned over to the PRT, and as a minor, her guardian can put it in a trust fund that becomes untouchable until she turns 18/21/25 (guardian's choice) against her wishes.
It happens all the time with inheritances and occasionally other windfalls or major earnings above minimum wage such as a child scoring a record deal (I guess CD or MP3 these days). The parent often give the kid the equivalent of a minimum wage job for spending money (and full time at minimum wage is considerably more money than the typical part-time work a high school student can get, where they might only get 12-16 hours per week if under 16 during the school year, with a maximum of 20 during peak times for retail jobs) and put the rest in a trust that cannot be withdrawn until the kid comes of age, sometimes not until the kid is 25.

I don't believe that's any different from an off-duty police officer trying to claim a bounty out of uniform.
Lets put it this way, Hookwolf the nazi blender could walk in to the prt with any of the nines still dripping heads and walk out with a bag of cash, T could go in as ghost and walk out with a bag of cash.

While the PRT may make that argument, the fact Taylor isn't a full Ward, and is clearly a 'Ward' against her will, is enough to make a prima facie case, and arguing it out would likely be hugely embarassing to the PRT, regardless of outcome.

Last edited:
That was the exact response I was goong for with it so thanks for the compliment.

Honestly the main thing Taylor should be worrying about in that scenario is the PRT increasing the pressure to get her to join up considering she would be the girl who killed Jack Slash and Bonesaw.
At that point Taylor has fuck u money and proceeds to sue the Prt

Omake: Where's the money, Armstrong!?
Taylor: "So ... let me get this straight. I can't claim this money as a member of the Wards, but I can if I'm not? Is that really the position you want to take?"

Armstrong: (starting to get the idea that maybe he shouldn't have said that) "That's, uh ... a fairly biased view of the matter."

Taylor: "Well, do I get my money?"

Armstrong: "... trust fund."

Taylor: "Fine. I quit."

Armstrong: "You are aware of the penalties--"

Taylor: "I just quit the damn Wards. Give me my money."

Armstrong: "You will get your money, but--"

Taylor: "As I understand things, Jack Slash and Bonesaw alone add up to about thirty million dollars. That's quite a legal defense fund. So, how attached are you to being a Director here? Because with the thirty million that villains can claim without a hitch, but which you just forced me to break the law to legally claim, I can truly fuck up your career until the end of time."

(Door opens and a reporter enters, with a camera crew) "Is that true? Did you just force a Ward to break the law?"

Armstrong: Well, fuck.

That would work if there was other restrictions on who Van claim these bounties, but when they can be claimed even by birdcage bound criminals, having such restrictions are unlikely, although it is possible the department get to claim it, although in that case, the killer is probably entitled to a percentage of the Bounty as a bonus.

That would work if there was other restrictions on who Van claim these bounties, but when they can be claimed even by birdcage bound criminals, having such restrictions are unlikely, although it is possible the department get to claim it, although in that case, the killer is probably entitled to a percentage of the Bounty as a bonus.
Any kind of limitation like that on claiming bounties would make it much less likely that people would try for it.

Not at all. The government would hand the money immediately, Taylor's legal guardians would then place it in her trust fund. All perfectly legal.

Why, someone who didn't know what she did might even think she's within eyesight of normal.
I think that's the whole point of Emma's character - if you don't know better she comes off almost sane.

Lets put it this way, Hookwolf the nazi blender could walk in to the prt with any of the nines still dripping heads and walk out with a bag of cash, T could go in as ghost and walk out with a bag of cash.
Sure, and then her guardians will take that bag of cash and put it in a trust fund for her...

While the PRT may make that argument, the fact Taylor isn't a full Ward, and is clearly a 'Ward' against her will, is enough to make a prima facie case, and arguing it out would likely be hugely embarassing to the PRT, regardless of outcome.
No, it won't. It doesn't matter weather or not Taylor is a Ward, the fact the PRT (or more likely specific members thereof have legal guardianship over her gives them the legal obligation to supervise what she does with her money and ensure she doesn't waste it.

No, it won't. It doesn't matter weather or not Taylor is a Ward, the fact the PRT (or more likely specific members thereof have legal guardianship over her gives them the legal obligation to supervise what she does with her money and ensure she doesn't waste it.
Aren't there also a bunch of rules restricting what a guardian can do with a minor's windfall? IIRC, there were a few child actors who made it big, then found out at 18 their parents had spent all the money. This resulted in a significant change in the laws regarding guardians spending money earned by their wards.

Aren't there also a bunch of rules restricting what a guardian can do with a minor's windfall? IIRC, there were a few child actors who made it big, then found out at 18 their parents had spent all the money. This resulted in a significant change in the laws regarding guardians spending money earned by their wards.
Which is why is send to a trust fund with limited access until she is of age. If anything, those restrictions work against Taylor in this particular scenario since she needs a lawyer to get those restrictions lifted to pay for a lawyer (in an unrelated case).

Aren't there also a bunch of rules restricting what a guardian can do with a minor's windfall?
Yes, but they all focus on guardians using the money for something other than the child's benefit. Preserving the child's money while providing all their needs would be exactly what a guardian is expected to do, although they're permitted to (with some restrictions) use the child's money for the child's benefit.

At that point Taylor has fuck u money and proceeds to sue the Prt
As said by others above Taylor wouldn't have access to her funds so she wouldn't be able to sue the PRT and the PRT would definitely want to capitalize on her fame as the girl who killed Jack Slash and Bonesaw.

Of course Taylor can and will make a stink about things but it wouldn't be as simple as her getting a lawyer and suing the PRT at least not at first.

Sure, and then her guardians will take that bag of cash and put it in a trust fund for her...
The payment would be in cash, considering they pay out to villains with secret identities it can't be otherwise, and with millions in cash, Taylor can easily just become a teenage runaway WHO's breaking no laws, because she easily have the money to pay for all her needs, having lots of money, would negate the problems with running away.

The payment would be in cash, considering they pay out to villains with secret identities it can't be otherwise, and with millions in cash, Taylor can easily just become a teenage runaway WHO's breaking no laws, because she easily have the money to pay for all her needs, having lots of money, would negate the problems with running away.
The fact that you can request cash doesn't mean the payment is always cash, and for that matter given the existence of Numberman and his banking system it's quite possible that villains with secret identities have a bank account that will handle wire transfers.

More importantly
1)Becoming a teenaged runaway is breaking the law.
2)Taylor does not need any bounty payments to be able to become a runaway without any of the normal disadvantages, the money doesn't make her any more able to run away than her power already does.

The fact that you can request cash doesn't mean the payment is always cash, and for that matter given the existence of Numberman and his banking system it's quite possible that villains with secret identities have a bank account that will handle wire transfers.

More importantly
1)Becoming a teenaged runaway is breaking the law.
2)Taylor does not need any bounty payments to be able to become a runaway without any of the normal disadvantages, the money doesn't make her any more able to run away than her power already does.

Re 1: It isn't against the law in every state, or more importantly, every AU (since people always seem very intent on utterly disregarding the fact Bet has different laws than real world Earth, such as vigilantism being legal.), and, in point of fact, several states will specifically redress the guardian depending on the particular circumstances behind why they ran away.

When one of the Youth Guard's major grievances is replicating the circumstances of the ward's trigger event, an individual who has listed their parent signing them over to the PRT's guardianship as acrimonious is undoubtedly going to result in the YG turning a gimlet eye on said Department for attempting to recreate her experiences both in full and nigh verbatim.

Vis a vis 2: No, but having that bounty money negates any and all criminal motivations while being a runaway, and assuming the S9's bounties are generally as large as we typically see in fics (7-8 digits for main members), extensive enough to result in her no longer needing to subject herself to any of the PRT's failures while attempting to live her life.

This should be basic common sense.

Not at all. The government would hand the money immediately, Taylor's legal guardians would then place it in her trust fund. All perfectly legal.

That only works if she fought the Nine and claims the bounty as Phase. If Ghost shows up in costume to collect? They'd have to unmask her to do what you said, otherwise it is a money transfer (thanks Lisa!) to a private account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back