• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kill Six Billion Demons

Even if you take this as a win (I don't), the prize isn't actually the empire. It's 'anything she wants'. It's just that the reasonable prediction is that people will ask for the empire.

Looks like chain is having trouble getting used to the act of breathing.

Consider the situation she is at the moment. She was basically just reborn and was granted her greatest wish. She also just escaped certain death at Solomon's hand and is instead seemingly heralded as the winner of the fight. She is also standing naked in front of a huge crowd, all of which seem to be cheering for her. All in the span of a few moments. With such a rush of confusing emotions, it's no wonder she's crying. I'd bet there are some happy tears in there as well.

Not gonna lie, so far this feel less like Solomon recognizing his flaws and growing as a person and more like he's just doing it to spite Gog-Agog.
He's totally doing it to spite her.
I don't even get what Solomon is supposed to recognize in this one.

It has been the least coherent of the arcs so far, and that's saying something.
hes recognizing he's lost, while most certainly done to spite gog, is something he's never done before.

How so? Do you mean narratively or thematically?
Thematically.

I get how they got from a to b, there just seems to be this whole ideological conflict in the background that I don't get, but I know it's there.

It's like seeing smoke, being told there's a fire, and finding evidence of a smoke machine while everyone says how they can totally see the fire.

Thematically.

I get how they got from a to b, there just seems to be this whole ideological conflict in the background that I don't get, but I know it's there.

It's like seeing smoke, being told there's a fire, and finding evidence of a smoke machine while everyone says how they can totally see the fire.

Could you describe the smoke machine for us?

Trying this again :p

You say this latest section is thematically incoherent. What strangeness do you see? It feels like it hangs together well from my perspective, and want to know what you're seeing that I'm not.
Nothing, that's the thing. It isn't so much inconsistent, as in, there seems to be a theme I am just plain not seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back