• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Leabhar Sidhe: Book of Fae

[X] Get the Yeti card!
- - [X] Saber gets to eat a yeti! Om Nom Nom Nom!

[X] Grab The Yeti Card

Because why not.

You reach out and grab the Abominable Snowman Card. It's the most important of them right? It's the card you came here for after all.

YOU GOT ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN.

In other words you have your first support card. It's rather interesting because it can be played in several ways.

Basically experiment with the card to find out it's best use for you and your style.

Seiba pops out of your pocket and looks around at the destruction.

"Uh. What I miss?"

She's wearing Footie pajamas with little fur bits and one of those sleeping caps with a little ball of fur on the top.

The little fairy Cirno flies down and stares at the little ball of fur.

"Pwetty. Want it."

She's pointing at it.

Seiba looks at her.

She considers her response carefully and thinks it out. Planning for each potential response she could make.

"No. Mine."

Seiba is already prepared for the upcoming war for the ball of fur.

Cirno tackles Seiba and a ball of violence is born. Now let's ignore this for something not as funny.

"So who are you?"

"Isn't it wise to introduce oneself first? But I'll go first. I'm Randolph Carter."

"I'm Marcus Edur."

"So we're going to ignore that aren't we?"

"Yep."

"So now what? Do we just walk off or what."

"Dunno. My first card. Just like yours I suspose?"

"This is getting kinda uncomfortable. I'm going to leave for now kay?"

"Sure. Seiba. Time to go."

You look back at Seiba and she seems to be victorious. What with Cirno's eyes spinning around in circles and whatnot.

"I get to keep my hat."

"Going home to my apartment. Going to bed. I'll talk to Leabnar and you in the morning."

END Prologue.

START

Chapter 1
Welcome to the City.

Randolph Carter

Card Inventory
Attack
Slash
Shot
Support
Abominable Snowman
Other Inventory
$100
Bag of chips
Leabnar Sidhe.
Seiba

Stats
STR B
DEX A
WILL D
LUCK E
END F
MANA A+

Skills
Slash E
Proficiency with the Slash Card

Shot A
Proficiency with the Shot Card
----Charge Shot

Abominable Snowman F-
Well this could be better.

Finisher
EXCALIBUR.

--

You look around your apartment. It's not really much but you really don't need it. You eat a little before you go to bed. Seiba made a tiny bed thing and is snoring. You don't know if you or Marcus has the better luck in Familars. You do credit the fact that yours might be a little smarter.

As you get in bed you wonder what's in store for you next.

You dream of a masked face laughing.

[?]

Tossing and turning you wake in the morning.

You can smell food cooking. Looking around you can notice that Seiba is no longer in her bed thing. You wonder if she's cooking and if you should be worried.

Someone has brought in your newspaper and mail.

So what do you do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Read the newspaper and check your mail. May be some leads in there.

[X]Grab Mail and check to see if food is suitable for Human Consumption.

Randolph quickly thumbs through his mail. Nothing important. Well the invitation to join a cheese of the month group may be something to look into. But that's about it.

He tosses it back where it was and takes the newspaper and walks off into his kitchen.

Glancing down at the front page really quickly he scans for anything interesting.

Random Wild Dog Attacks? Or Strange Rebel Conspiracy?

Eight people were mauled by an extremely large dog at around midnight last night. Most of them have severe injuries and two are in critical condition. The dog has not been found as the trails just faded after a bit. However it is known that all of the attacks were on Hightower Road. So keep aware if you need to travel there at night.

You aren't sure if this is connected to Leabnar Sidhe but, maybe this is your fault.

Meteorologists are stumped as to the nature of recent weather patterns. Just last night snow was seen covering a local park. No sign of snowfall remained in the morning.

And this is not. Looks like a certain dude practiced last night.

Rebel Sympathizer Graffiti on the Rise. Read page 6 for more details.

You'd thought that would be going down considering the recent spade of police brutality that's been popping up.

Not that anyone actually can do anything about it.

[X] Eat some food and ask Leab about any dog based cards or suites.

[X] Practice with Seibaa! Fight Fight as One!

[X] Practice with Seibaa! Fight Fight as One!
[X] But first, breakfast.

Sooo another User and a Wild? Card...
[X] Break the Fast.

[X] First things First. Well Breakfast things first. You have to eat.
[X] While your at it. You should get some practice in as well. You have to figure out what the Yeti Card does after all.
[X]Look around town. Maybe Seiba will feel the Dog Card.?

You sit down to a fest. There is enough food for six people at least. Why in the world was so much food cooked? You can't eat this much. No where near.

"Uhm. Why is there so much food made."

"Seiba eats a lot. She's a portable black hole with legs. I am sorry Master. So so sorry."

Leab has her head down and you have the feeling she's been through this before. You'll just ignore it for now.

"I've got some questions. I read that there were some dog attacks. Last night. Could a card be causing wild dogs to attack people. Or is there an actual Dog Card out there?"

"I could think of a few. A charm card could do it. Or Sirius. But more likely it's the Black Dog Card. It's a particularly nasty card. It's wild and feral and isn't afraid to rampage. It's one of the more destructive Orphan cards."

"So this is my fault for not going after it?"

Seiba drops onto your head.

"Not in the least. If you weren't there the Yeti would more then likely have killed that other guy. What's his name. Then Cirno would have been sad."

"But your job now is to go after it tonight."

You eyes harden.

"Got it."

You blink blink and realize that the entire table is cleared. Luckily your plate is still intact. How did. How. No. You won't give in to this nonsense.

"So Seiba, what do I need to do to practice with the cards."

"Uh. Um. We'd have to find a place that doesn't have any people. Why don't we look for one while we look at the place the Black Dog attacked."

"That's a good idea. I need to go near there anyways."

Time passes as you get dressed for the day and head off. You make your way down to Hightower Road.

A disturbance catches your eye. It seems like a rebel sympathizer got himself caught by the police. Standard graffiti dude. He really doesn't deserve the beating he's about to get. But something is off. Normally the dude would be afraid right now. He's smiling. Why is he smiling?

"Hullo, pigs of the corrupt government. Today is the day that you almost caught me."

What?

One of the police officers swings his billy club right at the guys face but, he turns into smoke? This guy is a...

What. How?

He billows through the club and slams the two baffled police officers' faces together then slams them into the wall head first.

What in the world do you do?

[X] Go practice...
- - [X] Make a note of the smoke dude, he clearly has a magic card.

Wow that seems like a useful card... guess it nullifies Physical attacks? I kinda want to summon Yeti and Gun to try to wear the Card out likely to take a shit of Mana that or its a Illusion Card and the Holder is hiding...

[X]ask Leab what type of card that might be.
--[X] If it is a Lolnope Permanent Physical Magic-Card move in with Gun + Yeti.

[X]ask Leab what type of card that might be.
--[X] If it is a Lolnope Permanent Physical Magic-Card move in with Gun + Yeti.

[X] Go practice...

X]Ask Leab what type of card that might be.
[X] Go practice...

"Hey Leab," You ask eyes never leaving the teen. "What type of card lets you do that. I kinda want one you see."

"I could think of several cards that give the appearance of what he did. All of them are illusion cards. But the fact he did actual physical attacks makes that assumption invalid. "

She pauses slightly and frowns just a little bit.

"I do have an idea that fits, but it troubles me slightly. It could be the Smoke card. It's normally not that impressive of a card. Somewhat useful sometimes for a smoke screen but it's not something to go out of your way for. It could have been twisted by the teen."

She looks down at the ground.

"A particular talent for the element, a hidden knack for magic, it could even be a sorcery trait that his family has. Any way you look at it, it's not a good thing. It's unknown to me and that makes him troublesome to deal with."

"However, I'll state something that is obvious now. He's definitely one chosen by Ifrit's suit of cards. Ifrit isn't stupid enough to turn down someone like that when it's open to him."

The teen is long gone by now.

You should go practice somewhere. Sadly Seiba hasn't sniffed up a trace of the black dog yet.

So how do you want to train on the Abominable Snowman Card?

On it's own. On you. Or as a modifier to the other cards?

[X] Practice using it as a modifier with other cards. Namely Shot.

This sounds fun

[X]Practice using Yeti Card with Shot

The first idea that comes to mind is to just practice with your best card, Shot. Mostly because you love using it. Right now you just want to make sure to get some pratice in. The issue is that you can't do all that much, it's not that far away from people that you can go wild with playing with the card. So you have to hold back some of the way.

Where before you were firing blasts of concussive energy. Now you get something closer to Shotgun Ice. It's the easiest way to put it. It's a blast of ice needles effectively. You've not really played with it enough to know your limits with it. But it's nice to know some of the basics for it right? Now the issue is you kinda coated the area with them. It's not like they won't melt but it's kinda obvious what happened here. You should start to get out of here before anyone catches you. Trying to stay anonymous is one of your goals in this practice session.

"Yer not much to look at are ya?"

You raise the altered shot card and aim it at the voice.

It's a teen not much older then you.

He reminds you of well one of those big cats you saw at the zoo when you were younger. It's something in the eyes. That and the way he's sitting there. Eyeing you like you were prey.

Seiba sniffs slightly at him.

"You smell like the Beast card."

"Don't worry about that. I'm not here to cause trouble."

He frowns slightly and rephrases that.

"Well, not for him anyways. I always cause trouble. All a beast can do after all."

He leaps off the roof he was on and moves closer.

"I'm not one to care about many things. Mostly because they don't matter to animals like myself."

You have another flash like you had with Marcus.

You've been shoved into a cage. Why are they treating you like this? Aren't you a human like them? Why they treating you like you're a rapid dog?

You flash back.

Your head hurts. Why do these happening to you?

"Like I was saying I don't care about much things. But I do have respect for other animals. That Black Dog is being hunted. And not just by ones who hunt cards like you and I. I had a bit of a run in with a creature that ain't a card and just as unnatural as one however. Just a warning for the King. Wouldn't want you to be unprepared for what's coming up. I've got a hint as well."

He smiles far too toothily for your liking.

"Flames, Ice, and Beasts are awake. Nothing too hard for a king right?"

He smirks and jumps up onto the roof.

What in the world just happened?

"You know what? I still have no idea what to call those guys that hunt the cards. Seriously it's bugging me."

"Randolph was lucky. I get the feeling that so far you've only met good people. Hopefully this trend continues as we go along."

So what do we do now?

[X] Keep Practicing. Let's see what Yeti + Slash does for you.

[X] Keep Practicing. Let's see what Yeti + Slash does for you.

[X] Practice with Slash now.

Well that interruption is now over. You guess you can practice a bit longer. The guy is just lounging about now. You'd ask his name but you get the feeling he'd just say animals don't have names.

So you just start practicing. You manifest a sword made of ice. It's kinda pretty the way the light reflects off it. Not that it matters. You swing it around to get used to it and you quickly learn that the way you swing it causes different effects. A downward slash drops three icicles down on the target. An upward slash causes a wave of ice on the ground. It's a good starting point. You think that this may be more useful then shotgun ice. Possibly anyways.

"Needs work. Your swordsmanship sucks."

And there goes the peanut gallery. You'd think he'd leave by now. But no, he's enjoying watching you and making comments.

"You're fully welcome to leave you know. I'm not holding you here."

"I got nothing better to do until dark. It's more amusing then getting chased by the police."

He sniffs the air and frowns.

"Smells like old blood and rot. Digusting."

He's looking around. You look around as well. You can feel something is off. It's not card related. Or at least you don't think it is. After all Seiba would say something if there was an active card nearby. So what in the world is setting you off?

You look at the other guy and now he's crouched down. If he was a cat this would be the point his tail would be lashing the air right now.

"There is a new smell. Fresh blood and meat."

His eyes have shifted.

And now the presence is over flowing the area. Even you can smell it now. You hold out your ice sword and position yourself for battle.

So how do you prepare?

<Latewave>: Moronis
<Latewave>: Since you read Leabhar Sidhe unlike some I could name
<Latewave>: You want to ask questions?
<Moronis>: In thread or in here?
<Latewave>: You have permission to quote the questions and put them in the thread if you like
<Moronis>: Mkay.
<Moronis>: Question the first: Is the Beast guy part of these card wars?
<Moronis>: Question the second: Why the nickname of King?
<Latewave>: Okayt
<Latewave>: Yes
<Latewave>: The Beast guy is part of the War
<Latewave>: Note the fact he has the Beast Card
<Latewave>: And for the second question
<Moronis>: Oh right.
<Latewave>: That one is simple
<Latewave>: You are a king by blood
<Moronis>: Ah.
<Latewave>: Plus you have the king's intitution
<Latewave>: If you haven't noticed it yet
<Moronis>: Being able to feel the changes in atmosphere prior to a fight and such?
<Latewave>: Yes
<Latewave>: That and the fact you've been seeing the past of other people
<Latewave>: Marcus and Beast for the moment
<Moronis>: Right then. How powerful is this intuition? And does it have a limited range at which it can work?
<Latewave>: It's decently powerful
<Latewave>: You've got a decent range on it
<Latewave>: about 200 Meters or so

[X] Prepare by getting behind something if you can.

[X] Prepare by getting behind something if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back