• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
1.1. White Ribbons
OOC

[X] Illuminati Stealth Arts
It's really a question of what people want Madoka's role to be.

Eh, that was more Peacock's thing.

We stalk Homu nao. /jks

But seriously. Timeline variations. Serious timeline variations. Kyousuke had a guitar in one. This timeline takes that to the logical conclusion.

---

One Year Ago, New York Summer home of the Kaname Family

"...And that is how you turn into a grey blur. Move to the edge where there isn't sunlight. Breathe in deeply. Make sure you can't even see your own toes."

That is how your mother, Junko Kaname, taught you about something ordinary people like you weren't supposed to know.

---

You wake up from a dreamless sleep, hugging your plush, to find that you are staring an a not-unfamiliar ceiling.

You don't like dreamless nights. To wake up from a sleep without a dream is to invite disorderliness into your mind and confound you with insecurity and doubt. "Why am I here, what is my purpose?" Those are questions that those who rise from a dreamless sleep usually ask, in order to fill the void of their thoughts that otherwise would be occupied with thoughts.

You check your clock. You see that it almost time for breakfast. Mother, ever prepared and focused is probably brushing her teeth by now.

You can't imagine a world where Mother would sleep in and where you had to go and ask Father in the garden wear Tatsuya was, with him responding that little Tatsuya was trying to wake her up.

You get out of your blanket and fold it.

---

You're weren't late to the degree Mother that the usual morning banter between you and your mother would be skipped, thankfully. She's preparing her make-up for the day.

Although you don't get the chance to have synchronised tooth-brushing between mother and daughter, you still got the chance to communicate.

---

"What's happening in your world?"

[] "Hitomi got another love letter."
[] Write-in

---

OOC:
Wait, Kaname Corp? We are the heir to a MNC?
You're not going to have family murdered by common criminals, so no, /jks. In order to raise a non-affluenzic child, Junko hasn't gone that path. Madoka is not an heiress, neither is Tatsuya an heir.

Isn't the whole point to become Kriemhild Gretchen (on steroids once again)?
You can prevent the Mitakihara Scenario if you take appropriate steps. The Mitakihara Scenario is the Illuminati's end goal, but you need not agree with it.

Sorry, your vote was late.

Last edited:
OOC vote: Select anime song opening:

Skies of Love, LoGH []
Oath Sign, Fate/Zero []
I'm Waiting for you, LoGH []
Time's River, Romance of the Three Kingdoms []
Infinity Route, Infinite Space []
Rinbu Revolution, Revolutionary Girl Utena []
Other []

Last edited:
[X] "Hitomi got another love letter. Why do people still subscribe to strange social conventions such as communicating feelings of infatuation through the medium of words?

After listening to all of them,

[X] Connect, ClariS

... Don't know if voting was too fast or I was too slow, but I wasn't even aware there was an update/two updates.
Don't think I care about the theme music compared to being a faceless spy dying unknown somewhere instead of the 'leader' powerset. Don't view Homura as a rolemodel, she was a gear rotating without meaning.
Try to get something upbeat, that might help set the world tone.
Sitting this vote out, I don't feel like listening to music currently, sorry.

... Don't know if voting was too fast or I was too slow, but I wasn't even aware there was an update/two updates.
Don't think I care about the theme music compared to being a faceless spy dying unknown somewhere instead of the 'leader' powerset. Don't view Homura as a rolemodel, she was a gear rotating without meaning.
Try to get something upbeat, that might help set the world tone.
Sitting this vote out, I don't feel like listening to music currently, sorry.

We could always try looting Junko's bedroom.

Updated the Reinharding Character List on the Character Card. Lots of military officers.

Who has watched the Nanoha series here before? And do my old players remember the Ersatz Magical Girl post?

Search the Character Card for "Gunther" and UT-10.

Wikipedia said:
In Norse mythology, Gudrun (Guðrún Gjúkadóttir) is the sister of king Gunnar.

*bargains grief seeds with Kyouko and Mami*

[X] Write-in
-[X] Sayaka attempts a confession.

[X] Kimi no Gin no Niwa, PPMM - Rebellion

[X] Write-in
I will probably vote for the OP in another post if/when I decide what to vote for.

1.2. White Ribbons
[X] Write-in

[X] Kimi no Gin no Niwa, PPMM - Rebellion
[X] Write-in
I will probably vote for the OP in another post if/when I decide what to vote for.

---

"What's happening in your world?" Mother continues to apply makeup to her face, glancing up at the mirror every time to ensure it is done properly.

"Sayaka is trying to confess."

"Is she? To the less-than-vital boy? Honestly, given the lackluster nature of most males around here, I'd expect no girl to confess to any boy." You found your mother's assessment a bit harsh.

"But what about Father? If that was the case..."

"I like his meekness."

You put off the topic of your mother and father.

"So, back to Sayaka..."

"It sounds like another one of those middle-school crushes."

"The two are childhood friends..."

"Then it seems like a crush with an osananajimi element. Only time will tell."

"Is that so?"

"But let me tell you this right now, Madoka. Love is for the strong and successful. It is a privilege for those who have too much, they need to give to others. The attraction that Sayaka feels to that boy, it might be a bit harsh, but I think of it as clinging. It will exhaust her. There is no value to be found in it."

"...Even then, you can't deny that she cherishes him."

"No one can deny that. The question is, does she have enough power to seize him and make him her's?"

"Could that be called "love" at all?"

"A working-class person is stuck with either wage-slavery or starvation because of the powers-that-be. Could that be called "choice" at all?"

"...That's surprisingly insightful..." You get the metaphor. What Mother is trying to say is that "true love" doesn't exist at all and that it an excuse for people to control and exploit each other. You don't necessarily agree with her, but it took her a way to explain it for you, so you call it insightful for her sake.

Mother speaks up once again.

"I almost forgot about the ribbons!"

Your mother puts two pair of ribbons before you. One of them is pink and the other is another colour.

"I wonder which ribbon I should wear."

[] Red-pink. You're the cute and innocent Madoka Kaname.
[] The other one.
-[] It's a scary, glaring white, a colour of purity, focus and power.
-[] A peaceful, serene blue, fitting for the Most Serene City of Mitakihara.
-[] An ordinary yellow. Fitting for a normal girl.
-[] A vicious, violent, burning, revolutionary red that makes you feel three times faster and screams for the blood of those around you.

Skies of Love, LoGH []
Oath Sign, Fate/Zero []
Other []

[X] The other one.
-[X] It's a scary, glaring white, a colour of purity, focus and power.
[X] I'm Waiting for you, LoGH

[X] Red-pink. You're the cute and innocent Madoka Kaname.

[X] Skies of Love, LoGH
[X] The other one.

1.3. White Ribbons
[X] The other one.
[X] I'm Waiting for you, LoGH
[X] Skies of Love, LoGH
[X] The other one.

You pick the white ones.

The moment you tie your hair into twintails and look into the mirror, even you can see the atmosphere of power and authority it create around you. Instinctively, you straighten yourself and your mind turns its thoughts to accomplishing great endeavours, even though you don't have any great ideal image of yourself in mind. The ribbons aren't exactly magical artifacts that blind everyone in the room, but their sheen pierces your thoughts. It feels as if you were a star that has witnessed your own birth.

White could also mean death, death from burning far too brightly in particular. However, ever since you saw yourself in those ribbons, you've been more concerned about rotting away and decaying in mediocrity than dying from some violent event. You now look at life from a different angle.

You long for power, power to accomplish your goals, power to not to have to follow people you hate. Even as you long for more power, you seek to use what power you already have to snowball that search for strength and power.

You remain Madoka Kaname, daughter of Junko Kaname. However that brilliant, overwhelming radiance of those white ribbons has inspired you to look a bigger things than ordinary life. You intend for nothing to escape your influence.

You could say that you desire to seize the universe with your own two hands.

Such is the ambition a mere pair of ribbons have driven into you.

---

With so much confidence and vitality in you, you couldn't help but to walk in front of your friends as you traveled to school.

Sayaka asked you rhetorically:
"You really are the daughter of the CEO of Kaname Corporation, aren't you?"

Well, answering that was redundant.

---

Eggs, then a transfer student.

"Come in, Akemi-san. Don't be shy!"

People around you clamor about her beauty. That wasn't what was relevant to you.

She stared at you.

The mysteriousness is intimidating, but to keep this beautiful day on a roll, you try not to show any overt signs of worry.

---

"Hey, Madoka, do you know that girl? I could've sworn she was glaring at you when she was in front of the class." Sayaka asks you.

"No. I'm going to ask her about that."

---

As the nurse aide, you were to bring her to the Nurse's office.

You were relatively quiet for the most part, save for introductory banter, otherwise you were enjoying the scenery. You saw that Akemi was a bit agitated, but you reckoned it was none of your business and you sometimes found yourself staring into the sky as the two of you made your way through the corridors to that other building.

"Call me Homura."

Thing took a strange turn when she stopped in the middle of the walk to the Nurse's office.
---

"Madoka Kaname, do you treasure the life you currently live? And do you consider your family and your friends precious?"

[] "I love them very much and yes they're very precious to me."
[] "I love them, because they love me and I try to reciprocate that."
[] "I love them right now, but if they hurt me, that could very well change."

Skies of Love, LoGH []
Oath Sign, Fate/Zero []
Other []

[X] "I love them, because they love me and I try to reciprocate that."
[X] Abnormalize, Psycho-Pass

Last edited:
[X] "I love them very much and yes they're very precious to me."

I really don't like the whole cynical "no one actually cares about anyone else" thing and it's an especially bad look on Madoka.

[X] "I love them, because they love me and I try to reciprocate that."

Well, seeing that my orignal choice is not acceptable...

[X] Rinbu Revolution, Revolutionary Girl Utena

[X] "I love them very much and yes they're very precious to me."
[X] Skies of Love, LoGH

1.4. White Ribbons
"Madoka Kaname, do you treasure the life you currently live? And do you consider your family and your friends precious?"

Perhaps it's social awkwardness, but it's to be expected from someone new to the school.

You reply like any ordinary person would reply to such a question that came out of the blue.

"I love them, because they love me and I try to reciprocate that." She seems surprised by this answer

She makes some comments about you not changing.

You spend time after school with Hitomi and Sayaka. A discussion ensues between the three and you about Homura.

You finish up.

Sayaka invites you along with her:
"Madoka, you wanna hit the music store on the way home?"

[] Okay.
[] You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname Corporation, like you've always wanted to.

[] Write-in

Last edited:
[X] "I've got other things to do, sorry." You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname corporation, like you've always wanted to.

Well we did go with the stealth bonus, we might as well use it.

Oriko, Junko, Yuma, Kirika, MIB, prototype weapons, more desperate Kyubey...

This timeline is going to be an exciting deathtrap.

ARE YOU READY?
ARE YOU FUCKING READY?
ROLLING FOR SIDE STORY #001

[dice]4247[/dice]

Side Story #001 - Oracle
Side Story #001 - Oracle

"Madoka Kaname..." The young woman contemplated the individual with that name as it left her lips. She did not know the person in question in the flesh, although she knew very well what the meaning of that person's existence was. Madoka Kaname presence was essentially, a turbulent stretch of the river of time, rapids where it was not clear how the stream would finally smooth out. Her presence was in itself a great storm even as another storm laid in future. Such was the size of Madoka's importance that it was obvious that her weight in history was somehow intentionally made. Those... secretive individuals who dwelled in the shadows, even as the professed the name of the light and the one that they compared to a nutcracker, both of them were responsible for it. It was because of them two that Madoka Kaname had become the single point on which she dwelt.

She took a sip of tea to try and calm herself from overexertion.

"There are two paths for her." She continued talking to herself, not in madness, but rather, a very crisp and clear comprehension.

"She may firstly intentionally become the Witch of Salvation, whose name is Kriemhild Gretchen. In that case, she will eat the Earth, drastically changing, yet not destroying humanity. That is because she will derive a new truth from their unity of opposites. That truth will then gain a life of its own, returning to its source, spreading virally to guard Homo Sapiens, denying others the power to curse humanity." In otherwords, the benefits of that being's creation far outweighed the costs. Even if the stage-constructor were to come...

And speaking of the stage-constructor, those shadow-dwellers... one among them, the Man in White, for the sake of the one he loved, but could never speak of it... there was a chance that he would bring the shadows back in alignment with the light. He would bungle the scenario of the one that lost his Lenore, created by that terrible Man of Steel, that plan which called for everything to burn so that humanity could rise like a phoenix again. The Man in White would then bring several broadsides against the stage-constructor, maybe burning a lot of earth in that process, but far less fire will visit the world than if the one who lost his Lenore had his way.

"She may secondly become something less, but also something more. Under their tutelage, she will learn their secrets. She will perfect her knowledge of it all and she will become the superior being they all have dreamed of, rescuing her human predecessors from the darkness they've been trying to fight. And in that case, humanity will... humanity will...its own sins and curses...they will be their own and no-one else's." In that case, humanity would become as strong as the first case, or rather, they'd become something more...although she herself was ambivalent about their long-lost project, it had a point there...

House arrest was one of the ways the woman of the tower tried to restrain her. They and their ancient documents were proving troublesome.

However, there was a way to evade them.

Whatever would happen, Oriko Mikuni would consider herself the first servant of Madoka Kaname.
[dice]4256[/dice]

Last edited:
Those... secretive individuals who dwelled in the shadows, even as the professed the name of the light and the one that they compared to a nutcracker, both of them were responsible for it. It was because of them two that Madoka Kaname had become the single point on which she dwelt.
So the Illuminati have been manipulating things to give Madoka some of her fuck-huge potential. We don't know how this interacts with the potential gained from Homura's loops, since this is a variant timeline, but I suspect the potential is just added on directly and the Illuminati have vastly underestimated what they're trying to create.

"She may firstly intentionally become the Witch of Salvation, whose name is Kriemhild Gretchen. In that case, she will eat the Earth, drastically changing, yet not destroying humanity. That is because she will derive a new truth from their unity of opposites. That truth will then gain a life of its own, returning to its source, spreading virally to guard Homo Sapiens, denying others the power to curse humanity." In otherwords, the benefits of that being's creation far outweighed the costs. Even if the stage-constructor were to come...
I feel like this "drastic change" is probably not going to be something we'd approve of, seeing as the first step is to be consumed utterly by the despair created to counter our wish.

And speaking of the stage-constructor, those shadow-dwellers... one among them, the Man in White, for the sake of the one he loved, but could never speak of it... there was a chance that he would bring the shadows back in alignment with the light. He would bungle the scenario of the one that lost his Lenore, created by that terrible Man of Steel, that plan which called for everything to burn so that humanity could rise like a phoenix again. The Man in White would then bring several broadsides against the stage-constructor, maybe burning a lot of earth in that process, but far less fire will visit the world than if the one who lost his Lenore had his way.
No idea about this. Anyone know who the Man in White is?

"She may secondly become something less, but also something more. Under their tutelage, she will learn their secrets. She will perfect her knowledge of it all and she will become the superior being they all have dreamed of, rescuing her human predecessors from the darkness they've been trying to fight. And in that case, humanity will... humanity will...its own sins and curses...they will be their own and no-one else's." In that case, humanity would become as strong as the first case, or rather, they'd become something more...although she herself was ambivalent about their long-lost project, it had a point there...
"They" are probably the Illuminati. This path is probably us learning from the Illuminati and using that knowledge to beat the Incubators (preventing them from taking the curses of humanity, making them ours and ours alone). Let's take this path, it sounds much better than the other one and doesn't require us to be consumed by despair.

House arrest was one of the ways the woman of the tower tried to restrain her. They and their ancient documents were proving troublesome.

However, their was a way to evade them.
Wait, is this the Kaname Corporation Tower?

Whatever would happen, Oriko Mikuni would consider herself the first servant of Madoka Kaname.
I hope we get to keep her. Homura is going to be so confused.

Also, where's Kirika? Oriko without Kirika is just wrong.

[X] "I've got other things to do, sorry." You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname corporation, like you've always wanted to.

You know, I'm thinking this variant of the quest is simply the next timeline that Homura decided to jump into when things went FUBAR the last time (SV-verse).

[X] You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname Corporation, like you've always wanted to.

And now, we can carry out the ORIKLE project with a minimum of fuss thanks to that very nice nat 20.

Also, what is the point of even ensuring the continued existence of Kyousuke Kamijou? As far as I know, he's just a crippled musician that causes Sayaka to go off the deep end.

Man In White is Lord Boston; Man of Steel is Lord South Pacific.

Will you keep the exp system?

[X] You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname Corporation, like you've always wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back