• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
So the Illuminati have been manipulating things to give Madoka some of her fuck-huge potential. We don't know how this interacts with the potential gained from Homura's loops, since this is a variant timeline, but I suspect the potential is just added on directly and the Illuminati have vastly underestimated what they're trying to create.
Actually, they have been manipulating things according to the Dead Sea Scrolls, in order to bring about the first scenario.
Man In White is Lord Boston; Man of Steel is Lord South Pacific.

I don't know, I think it might be the other way around.

"They" are probably the Illuminati. This path is probably us learning from the Illuminati and using that knowledge to beat the Incubators (preventing them from taking the curses of humanity, making the98thpplm ours and ours alone). Let's take this path, it sounds much better than the other one and doesn't require us to be consumed by despair.
We don't need to take either path, we can make our own. This is because we haven't wished yet, which means everything could change depending on what we pick.

The first path is alright for the people who survive, who aren't at risk of contracting, and brings a bunch of change. It is really good for the Illumanti, who takeover the world. All the non-Illumanti (for some reason, none of them seem to be effected for reasons never mentioned) evil people die. I don't know about the second path, but it likely isn't good. The Illumanti are actually really, really bad. Every single member of the top level is a mass murder, and the role model of the vast majority is Stalin. For them, Ruthless isn't a trait, it is a way of life.

Both paths are not very good, and by becoming the Illumanti ideal, it is probably more morally wrong then the first path. At least in the first path we only kill evil people, in the second we will become the evil person. That is why I voted against learning the Illumanti Humanties, because we wouldn't really be Madoka then. The Illumanti are not ethical, and have a very warped view of ethics itself.

We should make our own path, away from the desires of the Illumanti.

[X] Okay.

[X] Write in
-[X] While we're there, look for some songs for spying as you want listen to music as you try to figure out why the new transfer student seemed so interested in you. Is it normal curiosity for you being who you are... or something else?

[X] You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname Corporation, like you've always wanted to.
You know, I'm thinking this variant of the quest is simply the next timeline that Homura decided to jump into when things went FUBAR the last time (SV-verse).

[X] You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname Corporation, like you've always wanted to.

And now, we can carry out the ORIKLE project with a minimum of fuss thanks to that very nice nat 20.

Also, what is the point of even ensuring the continued existence of Kyousuke Kamijou? As far as I know, he's just a crippled musician that causes Sayaka to go off the deep end.

Man In White is Lord Boston; Man of Steel is Lord South Pacific.

Will you keep the exp system?

Saving everyone, including the annoying violinist is necessary to ensure the survival of every civilian in Mitakihara.

[X] "I've got other things to do, sorry." You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname corporation, like you've always wanted to.
[X] "I've got other things to do, sorry." You're confident enough today to sneak into and "borrow" from Kaname corporation, like you've always wanted to.

Well we did go with the stealth bonus, we might as well use it.

Oriko is working with Kirika to try and bypass her house arrest to aid us.

----

Votes locked, writing up.

Actually, they have been manipulating things according to the Dead Sea Scrolls, in order to bring about the first scenario.
But that presumably includes giving Madoka her potential, otherwise Kriemhild Gretchen is just another witch.

We don't need to take either path, we can make our own. This is because we haven't wished yet, which means everything could change depending on what we pick.
Oriko is precognitive though. If she thinks there's only two paths, then she's probably right. Something to ask her about when we meet her, I suppose.

Oh good. I was concerned when she wasn't listed under the "Character survival flags".

1.5. White Ribbons
Saving everyone, including the annoying violinist is necessary to ensure the survival of every civilian in Mitakihara.

----

Votes locked, writing up.

The day continues to grow more and more mellow, its beautiful evening light colouring the inside of the food court with the ever-richer shades of Spring.

That thought feels really out of place for the somewhat cheeky actions you are about to partake in. Extremely cheeky if you consider the fact you're basically intending to steal from your own mother. You've never stolen anything before

"Madoka, you wanna hit the music store on the way home?"

"Sorry, I got other things things to do."

"Eh?" Upon Sayaka's face is a look of disappointment that you are unable to accompany her. "What's gotten into you lately? It's like you've turned into this really hyperactive figure that goes and tries to make things go her way and doesn't have it any other way. Did something good happen?"

"Well, I slept early and my mother got me a very nice pair of ribbons. Somehow, I'm just more confident."

"How are you supposed to be my bride then?" She brings up an in-joke about her own tomboyish behaviour, but when you think about it, this day really has been somewhat out of the ordinary, in a somewhat good way. Brides are vulnerable. She was saying you were becoming increasingly less bride-ish.

"I really don't know."

You were certain that no pink-haired tomboy was going to to draw a mystical sword out of your heart to duel another vying to possess you as a bride.
That was a Revolutionary Girl Utena reference.
---

You leave Sayaka to browse for music on her own. On the other hand, you're going to sneak into Kaname Corporation Tower and get some early inheritance.

You've always questioned your mother's explanation for ruling out Kaname Corporation in any future inheritance for you.

---

A year back

"Mother, could you tell me the reason why neither Tatsuya, Father or I won't have any share in it in case of a bad event?"

Your mother replied firmly:

"Well, in this world, there are things you have to learn to seize with your own two hands, with your own strength and nobody else's. I'm actually helping you in that way by teaching you that earlier."

---

While you weren't the one to talk back to Mother, you thought about it:

Doesn't that which benefits yourself ultimately benefit your family anyway? Besides, if she had some of the things that Kaname Corporation had to offer, then maybe it would be easier to do the "seizing with your own strength" thing that Mother talked about.

---

Back to the present

You make your way out of the mall. It's evening, but there are still people around so its not too late yet.

You head in the general direction of the Kaname Corporation Tower.

---

When you really think about it, Kaname Corporation Tower really shouldn't exist.

You think this, because when it was built around 14 years ago, apparently the city authorities were causing a racket about the proposition for it. They felt that KC Tower would become too much of a domineering titan that would cast an awful shadow around Mitakihara City. The late politician Hisaomi Mikuni held the opinion that it was "terrorist architecture built by global elites to cower and pacify the common people". To some, that sounded like a rant. However, you had to say, he had a point.

From downtown Mitakihara, in the intersection where you stood, you could see the Kaname Corporation Tower reaching high into the heavens, like a huge spire of Earth trying to defy the divine, a legendary Tower of Babel. 1.6 kms in height, with 315 floors, you felt like a mere ant looking at it.

Built on the meteoric rise and increasing profits of your mother and the Kaname Corporation, a huge conglomerate with ties to numerous other multinational corporations including the Xinjiang Tianhe Corporation, having been built when your mother virtually monopolised the financial sector of Mitakihara, the Kaname Corporation Tower was ultimately a symbol of her power.

That wasn't a bad thing wasn't it? You didn't buy into the stereotype of evil mega-corporations domineering and controlling society towards some sinister end. Kaname Corporation, as a conglomerate, was the reason why Japan had been lifted out of its period of stagnation, the Lost Decade. Offering a host of financial products, including first home loans, loans for newlyweds, loans for civil construction and loans even for those with bad credit, at competitive rates and allowing a variety of options for repayment, the Kaname Corporation had singlehandledly dragged Japan out of recession, ushering a new age of prosperity.

If your power benefited others, then you had a right to show it off, didn't you? Unless you reward yourself, how can you keep on going?

You made the long walk to the outside of the Kaname Corporation's security perimeter.

---

Suited guards were everywhere.

If you wanted a loan from the Kaname Corporation, you simply had to walk into one of the thousands of branch banks around the world. This was Kaname Corporation HQ and most people wouldn't have to visit it to get a loan. Apparently, whatever went on in there was extremely important business such that the security would be intense.

Black company cars made their way through checkpoints, manned by suited guards with submachine guns. Employees and guests scanned their cards at the checkpoint, allowing the barriers to raise themselves then lower.

It must've been a real hassle being an employee here.

Your best best, was to crawl inside of a car trunk and hitchhike.

That was exactly what you chose to do.

---

It was a strangely smooth ride, although you found yourself somewhat out of breath. After the car stops, you crawl your way inside of the trunk to a slightly cramped spot. An employee in black suit opens it. As she turns to light a smoke, you crawl out, taking some spare clothing she happened to have left in the trunk.

To move to a dark spot to change into company dress.

---

It fitted you surprisingly well, although the employee could be said to be rather petite herself.

You see that she has thrown the cigarette onto the floor, stamping on it with her... dress shoes.

---

You follow the woman from behind. She scans an employee card to get into the elevator.

The two of you enter it.

Rather martial, yet still subtle classical music plays as the elevator ascends.

The woman then looks at you.

"Do I know you?"

You bluff her.

"I'm the intern that got accepted into the associate program through Mitakihara University. It's a rather strict workplace isn't it?"

"Hmm. Well, just make sure you keep your intern card on you at all times." The elevator stops and the woman exits.

Your mind turns to the business of getting an ID card.

The first destination? Of course, a toilet.

---

You're pretty sure that "Mai Ikeda" is pretty casual for this work environment. She letf her ID card in a toilet, stupidly enough.

Then again, in a company of 5000 people, at least one of them is bound to be an idiot.

Her office is apparently on the 7th floor.

---

You make your way to Ikeda's office. She's in there, sunglasses on, busily typing away on some business correspondence. The room is poorly lit. Pretty bad ergonomics, you must comment.

Using the shadows as your friends, you sneak your way behind her.

It's only obscure business jargon.

You turn to the water cooler. You see that her smartphone is on there. You take it and exit the room and move into the toilet to check it.

---

You sift through some of the memos.

'give saito briefcase'

That interests you.

---

You go and check on a computer that's been left logged on. You get a company roster.

Fortunately, there is only one Saito in the whole in the whole building.

---

You ascend a couple of floors.

You make your way into this Saito's office.

He's dozing on his desk.

You check the drawers and find a strip of paper with random characters written onto it.

You look at his planner.

'get screws and nails for technicians in B-21'

You assume that's the 21st basement floor.

You take that slip of paper with you.

---

"ACCESS DENIED. IKEDA MAI DOES NOT POSSESS AUTHORITY TO ACCESS BASEMENT FLOOR 21. ATTEMPT RECORDED."

You find yourself a bit worried at that.

You go back to Ikeda's office.

---

You see that a guard armed with a SMG is asking Ikeda on why she tried to access the basement. You ignore the bickering that ensues.

Having only a hunch, you sneak in the shadows while Ikeda and the guard are arguing and pick the guard's right pocket.

You get an ID card. It belongs to Tomita Juichi.

---

This time, you manage to make it to basement floor 21.

As you enter, you see that place is crawling with security bots armed with machine guns patrolling the area.

That must mean some seriously expensive equipment they're storing.

---

Of course, you sneak past them.

---

After sneaking your way through the robots, you arrive in a room...

...where the safes are opened.

You look through the room and find a note.

"K.K. managed to bypass some of the security measures for you. Unfortunately, the room can tell if the things are still there or not. Regards, M.O."

You put the note into your uniform pocket. Someone was helping, weren't they?

Well, you'll thank them later.

You look around the room. You see a couple of books, slightly wrinkled from having been handled, but they're still intact.

You examine the books.

"MANUAL FOR UT-10 INFANTRY JETPACK"
"MANUAL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE ARMOUR "VON SCHÖNKOPF""
"MANUAL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLGENCE AUTOMATIC CARBINE WITH GRENADE LAUNCHER "GUNTHER""
"MANUAL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE SATELLITE SMARTPHONE "STAHL""

You then examine the four briefcases that were pulled by whoever was there beforehand, dispersed on the floor.

You open them and before you, you see your rightfully earned early inheritance.

In one, you see a couple of thrusters attached to a backpack. It was in white.
In the other, you can see the plates of what is presumably "Von Schoenkopf". It was also white.
In the other, you see a modular-straight-lined short rifle. That was probably "Gunther". Again, white.
In the other, you see a smartphone. Yet again, white.

You look at the side of the room. You check it.

Faceplates.

Were these Technicolor weapons meant for child soldiers or something?

You take a couple of pink ones and switch them with the white ones.

And for the sake of whatever deity of fashion out there, there was also a pink pair of tunics and trousers and a pink peaked cap.

You stuff them all in into the briefcases.

They are surprisingly light.

You see a radio on the table.

You take it to use it for your escape bluff.

---

As soon as you move out of the room, as M.O. said it, the alarms started ringing.

You put on a pair of sunglasses you happened to loot and make your escape.

---

With that radiophone next to your ear as you made your way out of the Kaname Corporation Tower, you looked like a security guard, a short one at that, carrying important equipment out. No-one noticed you as the whole building panicked. You made it through every part of the lockdown as you bluffed your way through the security measures as a security guard.

---

With evening becoming as dark as it is, you manage to use the shadows to make it through the entrance's checkpoint.

---

You've managed to sneak into Kaname Corporation to take what is apparently three pieces of highly advanced military equipment and a jetpack at that, managing to bypass surprisingly incompetent security. And you've got a pink military-ish tunic and a peaked cap too. Crazy luck, you'd say yourself.

What do you do now?

[] Telephone Father and tell him you'll be out late
-[] Try on your new equipment and go wandering around in dank and dirty places for a thrill.
[] Go home and sneak your briefcases in.
-[] Then sleep.
-[] Read the manuals until midnight, then sleep.

March 25 Friday - 6:00pm

Last edited:
[X] Telephone Father and ask tell him you'll be out late
-[X] Skim the manuals on your new equipment before doing anything dangerous.
-[X] Try on your new equipment and go wondering around in dank and dirty places for a thrill.

• Added Overreach Industries Bionic Left Hand to obtainables.
  • Added reading, including Discourse on Inequality, Historia Magica, Illuminist Dialectics, Leviathan, Overreach Industries "Emergency/Field Pre-Transplant Amputation and Bionics Fitting", the Social Contract and more as obtainables.

Last edited:
But that presumably includes giving Madoka her potential, otherwise Kriemhild Gretchen is just another witch.
Madoka still got her potential from Homura. The Illumanti may have helped it along, but the reason the Dead Sea Scrolls talked about her in the first place is because she started with ridiculous potential in this timeline, due to Homura.
Oriko is precognitive though. If she thinks there's only two paths, then she's probably right. Something to ask her about when we meet her, I suppose.
Oriko doesn't have perfect precog, or else there would only be one path not two. Plus, this is a quest. There is no point in this being a quest if everything is already set in stone. We can change things.

Note to players: You are at a critical point for saving Nagisa Momoe. Her day of despair is not today, but it is nearing.

[X] Telephone Father and tell him you'll be out late
-[X] Try on your new equipment and go wandering around in dank and dirty places for a thrill.

[X] Go home and sneak your briefcases in.
-[X] Read the manuals until midnight, then sleep.

-[X] Try on your new equipment and go wandering around in dank and dirty places for a thrill.
-[X] Try on your new equipment and go wondering around in dank and dirty places for a thrill.

Voting is locked, commencing write up.

1.6. White Ribbons

You go the the nearest payphone booth and dial it, giving it a couple of coins as payment. You contact Father.

"Hello Father? I've got a school assignment to do. No thanks, I'll walk home by myself. Tell Mother for me, please."

You then hang up.

You crawl into a secluded alley and pull out the manuals, skimming through them.

---

After skimming through the four manuals, these were the conclusions you reached about each of them.

VON SCHÖNKOPF
  • "Von Schoenkopf" is an artificially intelligent exoskeleton armour system that can conceal itself as a backpack and transform when the user presses the right button sequence.
  • It is resistant to all melee attacks save heavy hacking and cleaving. In other words, it is stab-proof.
  • It is resistant to even heavy rifle rounds, even in quick succession.
  • It is water-proof up to 50m.
  • The AI it is built around, full version name "von Schoenkopf, Walter" can assist the user in making primarily offensive tactical decisions.
  • It has decorative faceplates and is currently mounting pink ones.
  • "Von Schoenkopf"
GUNTHER
  • "Gunther" is an artificially intelligent automatic automatic carbine with an integral grenade launcher.
  • Gunther can join with von Schoenkopf to conceal themselves.
  • Gunther is accurate to distances of up to 1km.
  • Gunther comes along with 40 rounds in its proprietary magazine.
  • Gunther can take standard STANAG magazines as well.
  • Gunther is select fire, with semi-auto, full-auto and AI-controlled firing abilities, where the trigger is pulled to identify and enemy.
  • Gunther can fire 40mm grenades.
  • It takes 5.56 NATO ammunition.
  • It can fire in water and is waterproof to 50m.
  • The AI focuses on defence through firing tactics and retreats.
  • Gunther has decorative faceplates and is currently mounting pink ones.
STAHL
  • "Stahl" is an artificially intelligent smartphone that can make tactical decisions and provide advise on how to use the other systems.
  • Stahl can work with Gunther and von Schoenkopf to conceal itself.
  • Stahl is waterproof to 50m.
  • The AI is focused on balanced tactics and strategy as a whole.
  • Stahl can decrypt lightly encrypted files through distributed computing through botnetting.
  • Stahl can ascertain the outlook of a battle.
  • Stahl can learn and make ethical decisions involving civilians.
  • Stahl can pretend to have a personality and interpret language to appear to be truly sentient.
  • Stahl has decorative faceplates and is currently mounting pink ones.
All three artificially intelligent weapons can calculate in tandem and it is possible for the user to select one to lead the others.

As for UT-10:
  • It is a water-fuelled jetpack that can be fixed and conceal together with von Schoenkopf.
  • It has two modes: Control Mode and Jump-Fall Mode.
  • Control Mode allows the user to fly, however, they must consciously control it.
  • The default Jump-Fall Mode does not possess this ability, but the user is free to use it without the need to control.
  • Von Schoenkopf can translate verbal orders for UT-10 to allow flight without control mode, but the firmware is currently being built.
  • UT-10 has faceplates and of course is mounting pink ones.
You've also taken along a pink tunic-longcoat and cap, simply because it was there.

You realize that it is oversized for you, maybe to make up for von Schoenkopf. It's like a WWI-era Western Front greatcoat decided to become retro fashion. You examine it closer. Apparently, the tunic has got a flap that can allow UT-10 to stick out. If you put on the tunic and hat, you reckon you'd look like a certain 90s magical girl protagonist.

Well, it makes good outwear. After you put on von Schoenkopf.

You take out von Schoenkopf. It's not a backpack right now, it's a disassembled mess.

You follow the manual, connecting its pieces around your school uniform.

---

You put on the last piece. Von Schoenkopf is fully assembled around you.

You then pick up Gunther. You place Stahl on a pocket specially made for it on the side of Von Schoenkopf.

You press sequence of buttons on Von Schoenkopf and it activates, as does its voice synthesiser.

"FIRST INITIATION. CREATING BIOMETRIC PROFILE AND USER LOCK. PLEASE DECLARE USER NAME."

"Madoka Kaname."

"USER REGISTERED. SYSTEMS ONLINE AND READY TO GO."

You then activate Gunther, the carbine and Stahl, the smartphone as well. You add UT-10 to the back of Schoenkopf for good measure.

Both of them demand of you again:
"FIRST INITIATION. CREATING BIOMETRIC PROFILE AND USER LOCK. PLEASE DECLARE USER NAME."

"Madoka Kaname."

"GUNTHER..."

"STAHL..."

"VON SCHOENKOPF..."

All of them announced to you via voice synthesizer:
"...AT YOUR SERVICE."

The three asked:

"PLEASE SELECT ONE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO LEAD OPERATIONS."

AI selection
[] "Gunther" Defence is important to survival.
[] "Stahl" Think of the big picture.
[] "Von Schoenkopf" A strong offence is a strong defence, although you don't know whether you'll fight or not.

Where do you intend to wander now?

-[] Hospital. Gonna practice avoiding civilian gazes.
-[] One of the more lower-class areas in Kazamino City.
-[] Some scummy, run-down neighbourhood in Mitakihara with plenty of crime and other shady business.

Do you put the pink tunic and cap on you as well?
latest

--[] Yes. I don't want people to recognise me in case of trouble.
--[] Just the tunic to keep out the cold, the cap could obstruct my vision
--[] Neither. I can stand the cold.

March 25 Friday - 6:30 pm

Last edited:
[X] "Stahl" Think of the big picture.
-[X] Hospital. Gonna practice avoiding civilian gazes.
--[X] Yes. I don't want people to recognise me in case of trouble.

Stahl is the only one with any kind of ethics and Nagisa's mother is in the hospital (we won't be able to do anything right now, but knowing about her is a prerequisite to saving her).

[X] "Stahl" Think of the big picture..

... Not sure about the last part because of people possibly thinking we are a magical girl.
EDIT: Let's get moving, then.

Last edited:
--[?] Just the tunic to keep out the cold, the cap could obstruct my vision
--[] Yes. I don't want people to recognise me in case of trouble.

... Not sure about the last part because of people possibly thinking we are a magical girl.

INCUBATORS HATE HER
GIRL BECOMES MAGICAL GIRL WITHOUT MAKING CONTRACT
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW /jks​

[X] "Von Schoenkopf" A strong offence is a strong defence, although you don't know whether you'll fight or not.
-[X] Some scummy, run-down neighbourhood in Mitakihara cith plenty of crime and other shady business.
--[X] Neither. I can stand the cold.

Getting a von Einzbern vibe here
It's actually more terrifying than that.
At the time the old quest crashed, I was about to open another plot thread about Peacock. Namely, that optional objective about him checking his birth certificate and reflecting on his life.

The Illuminati would like to believe that they are seizing human history back from the Incubators. They imagine it as if the the Incubators were driving a car and the Illuminati decided to go hold-up Kyubey and hijack the car, shooting it full of holes.

To hold that belief, there is the underlying assumption that you can directly control the smaller forces behind the larger force of history.
The truth about Peacock and a large number of other Lord/Ladies can be found in Moscow.

Lord Boston also has something to do with it, as does a historical figure that always pops up in the darker parts of my writing.
If you're up for a challenge, in this quest, you can try to confront the Illuminati as enemies.
Maybe you could even reform them from within if you seek to redeem them.
I hope you understand that the Illuminati were just another bunch of characters for me to work with. I was never sympathetic to them and meant it as a critique of extreme politics, no matter how hopeful.

EDIT: Let's get moving, then.
[X] "Stahl" Think of the big picture.

Stahl is the only one with any kind of ethics and Nagisa's mother is in the hospital (we won't be able to do anything right now, but knowing about her is a prerequisite to saving her).

Votes locked commencing write-up

Maybe you could even reform them from within if you seek to redeem them.
The gap between the Illuminati ideology and something that doesn't lead to megadeaths is probably to large to drag an organisation across, which is a bit of a pity because it means we can't hijack their international infrastructure for our own purposes.
If you're up for a challenge, in this quest, you can try to confront the Illuminati as enemies.
Well we did just put on The Ribbons of Unlimited Ambition, so...

1.7. White Ribbons
Votes locked commencing write-up

---

You simply reply "Stahl!"

"YES MA'AM." Stahl's acknowledgement is followed by von Schoenkopf's and Gunther's. Von Schoenkopf and Gunther are now subordinates to Stahl in their strange AI chain of command, however that works.

"I'm just going to try sneaking around in the hospital, so relax a bit."

"ACKNOWLEDGED. GUNTHER, ENGAGE SAFETY, VON SCHOENKOPF RELAX ACTIVE PROTECTION AND ENGAGE SILENCE MODE. STEALTH MISSION HENCEFORTH, MUTE VOICE SYNTHESIZERS."

Two lights blinked on Gunther and von Schoenkopf as if in acknowledgement to Stahl's orders.

You wondered if speaking out those commands were really necessary. Was it just for show?

---

It was getting darker, which was perfect for wandering around stealthily in. You could honestly say that you felt like a young superheroine fighting evil by the night, except you had no evil to confront.

You were just going to wander into a hospital, armed with three or four pieces of high-tech military equipment.

Perhaps it was being a bit melodramatic, but maybe you were the evil? Yep, it was being a bit too melodramatic.

At this hour, the hospital was probably still open, the staff wandering around like the overworked drones they were. Poor doctors and nurses. Perhaps the reason for a doctor's high pay was not only because of skill, but because of the demands of their work.

But that wasn't what you were here for was it? You were here to try and practice sneaking around in that bounty you seized.

---

Having thrown a token coin you found on the ground to distract a nurse, you sneak into her office. You take a nurse uniform and for the first time and after putting down your cap and tunic-longcoat, you try your equipment's ability to transform. You look at the right sight of von Schoenkopf and pull open a control panel. You then press on the correct sequence of buttons to transform the weapon set into a backpack.

Von Schoenkopf disengages its connections, a slight whir nonetheless humming as it carefully loosened itself. It deployed straps around your back and folded itself into a backpack. You see that it hasn't taken Gunther in as well. You place the backpack of von Schoenkopf down and roughly stuff Gunther into it, alongside your coat and cap. Then you quickly change into the nurse's uniform, just in time.

A doctor wanders in, furrowing his eyebrows at you.

"You must be the intern assigned to the surgical unit. Come-on, get a move on. And that backpack..."

"It belongs to a patient, Mr Doctor, she told me to check it for medication. I'm returning it to her."

"...Patients. They can't even be bothered to do it themselves. Ah, well, just return to unit with it once you're done."

So far the bluff was going quite well. You make your way to the surgical unit just to keep it.

Why did that box on the ground smell of used underwear? What kind of hospital kept boxes lying around anyway?

You ignored it, moving on.

---

You wander with a food trolley into the surgical ward and your sense of wanderlust suddenly dies.

You feel a heavy atmosphere of death and sickness, threatening to collapse onto your head.

You push onwards, ignoring it. Getting used to it might improve you, you morbidly reckon.

---

This part of the unit just sounds outright depressing. You hear the voice of a young girl, crying.

Moved by it, you can't help but to wander right into where it is.

You see that young girl knelt before the bedside of her mother, pink dress, chocolate sleeves and white hair. Her mother's eyes look empty.

"...Don't cry...Bebe. Don't. Just don't."

Such was her tiredness that she couldn't say much else to the young girl who was presumably, her daughter.

"Mama, don't leave me!"

"But Nagisa. You know that I must. I told you about it before. There is no avoiding it."

"...But Mama!"

You just wanted to practice sneaking. Now you had the misfortune of making it into a palliative care unit.

Well, that put things in perspective, quite badly though. While you lived an ordinary, maybe even extraordinary life, given your mother's status, others had to wallow in the ground.

The morbid thought of you being tormented in their place filled your mind, although you dismissed it as self-serving self-flagellation.

Since you're in here with a food trolley, you suppose you should play a role:

[] "Would you or your daughter like anything, Madam?"
[] Bow to apologise and leave them to respect their privacy.

[X] "Would you or your daughter like anything, Madam?"
Cake and Cheese Overdrive to occur in 3...

1.8. White Ribbons
Cake and Cheese Overdrive to occur in 3...

---

Still in your nurse disguise, you ask the mother and child duo a question:
"Would you or your daughter like anything, Madam?"

The daughter looks at her mother and her mother shakes her head.

"Palliative care... No dairy."

The young girl, far more sincere due to her youth tells you:
"Just a slice of cheesecake. The other doctors and nurses won't let us!"

To ease the pain of the duo, you intend to get them just that.

A slice of cheesecake to share between the two of them.

---

You quickly make your way out of the hospital to a still open dessert shop. You buy a slice of cheesecake and make it back to the unit.

Those fading away deserve dignity even as they pass.

You didn't want to say that what the woman was going through was terminal, but by the looks of it, it was.

---

You bring to them a slice of cheesecake to share between the two of them.

You wait outside for the two of them to finish.

Apparently, it wasn't very busy. You did manage to overhear a conversation between two other real nurses.

---

"Kashira kashira, gozonji kashira?"

"Kaname Corporation is going to formally absorb Overreach Industries, that dead American company."

"You've got to "hand" it to Mrs Kaname for being so bold and enterprising."

"She never asked for this."

"Kashira kashira, gozonji kashira?"

---

Daughter and mother have finished sharing their cheesecake.

The mother catches on to your act.

"Tell me, young woman... you're not really part of the staff are you?"

Denying it would've brought you no good.

"No."

"You're too kind to have been one of them." The woman coughs.

"They have their reasons for restricting your diet. Please understand that."

The woman nods.

"Even so, I'd rather have it quick." She worded it in such a way so that her daughter didn't understand it.

Even deceit could be used for kindness.

The woman reaches her bedside table and hands you a small notebook.

"Address and things for you. Walk her home today please."

*Mrs Momoe's diary GET

---

You introduce yourself to the little girl.

"My name's Kaname Madoka. Yours?"

"Momoe Nagisa."

In such a sullen day, there is little else to talk about.

---

You walk Nagisa home, wearing your backpack stuff with a nurse disguise, a smart gun, a smart phone and a jet pack. You carry four briefcases, stacked inside of each other.

---

What now?

[] "I still haven't finished my "school assignment" yet." Call Father and tell him you might be arriving home later than expected. You still haven't had your thrill yet.
-[] You're morbidly interested in wandering around the less savoury areas of Mitakihara.
--[] Dressed up in the pink coat and cap. It's strangely cold for spring.
-[] Maybe up the danger level a little bit and wander around in Kazamino.
--[] Dressed up in the pink coat and cap. It's strangely cold for spring.

[] Anymore and family might be worried. Go home.
-[] Study the manuals and go to sleep early.
-[] Study Mrs Momoe's diary and go to to sleep early.
-[] Look up Overreach Industries and go to to sleep early.
-[] Do all three and sleep late.

March 25 Friday - 7:30 pm

[X] Anymore and family might be worried. Go home.
-[x] Study the manuals
-[x] Study Mrs Momoe's diary
-[x] go to sleep as usual

[X] Anymore and family might be worried. Go home.
-[x] Study the manuals
-[x] Study Mrs Momoe's diary
-[x] go to sleep as usual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back