• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] Anymore and family might be worried. Go home.
-[x] Study the manuals
-[x] Study Mrs Momoe's diary
-[x] go to sleep as usual

-[x] Study the manuals

-[x] Study the manuals

-[x] Study the manuals

Vote locked commencing write-up

2.1. Pink and Red
You figure that since it is night-time, anywhere wandering about and you will make your family worry.

You wonder on how Mother is doing. There must be a lot of trouble over at the Corporation Tower.

You make your way home without further ado, with your "backpack" and bunch of empty briefcases.

---

You arrive home. First, you put the backpack and briefcases to the side and then you walk in to greet your family.

"Tadaima!"

Your father responds.

"Okaeri!"

Your little brother comes up to you to hug you.

"Nee-chan! Nee-chan!" You pat on his head.

"Dinner is on the table, so you can just reheat it." Your father kindly tells you.

"Thanks, Papa!"

You then silently sneak out to get your loot, deftly moving into your room and hiding it under the bed to conceal it.

---

You take out the manuals for von Schoenkopf, Gunther and Stahl and thoroughly read them. You feel confident that the next time you use them, you will be quite good at using all they have to offer.

---

You read through Mrs Momoe's diary.

Diary Entry 1:
Joined a medical trial, Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals. Roughly 1000 other subjects. The pay is good, so why not?

Diary Entry 2:
Apparently, I'm taking the experimental nootropic "Odin" as part of the experiment.

Diary Entry 3:
I have to say, I'm working harder, stronger, better and smarter. My thanks to the creator.

Diary Entry 4:
I'm on my third bottle know. V.L.P. said I have to sign a waiver to continue being a participant. I signed it.

Diary Entry 5:
I don't feel so well. The other subject I know is doing perfectly fine. Why do I feel so weak?

Diary Entry 6:
I discontinued the experiment. Wretched corporation says I can't sue them because of the waiver.

Diary Entry 7:
The wasting away won't stop, even months after I've finished it.

You all found it rather morbid.

After eating dinner alone as Tatsuya and your father went to bed, you brush your teeth and go to bed too.

Mother still hasn't arrived home yet.

---

Burglarising Kaname Corporation Tower to get super-armour.

An interesting dream.

---

You wake up. You try and make your way out of the bed, but stub your right big toe on a chair and fall down.

"Ow!" You land in such a way that you can see the briefcases...

You're not supposed to have briefcases under your bed.

Clearly, it was no dream. You went in to Kaname Corporation Tower and burglarised it.

You're wandering how Mother's doing.

---

Mother is still brushing her teeth. You manage to brush your teeth alongside her.

"Scumbag thief broke into the Tower the other day. Came home at 1:00." That shows, with droopy eye circles ruining your mother's otherwise sharp face.

"How were the security measures?"

"People are the weakest connection. Two of them were complete and utter idiots I say. Gonna' have them fired with no severance package. And if I find that tricky animal that broke into the basement, I'm going to sue them, sue their mother, sue their father, sue their brothers and sisters and even sue their pets for all the trouble they've caused."

"What was stored in the basement anyway?"

"Military equipment on transit to Xinjiang Tianhe. Didn't even manage to look at it. Bo...Friend's going to rant about chickens again. All business matters but. Honestly, that scumbag. Oh dear, I'm sounding like a bitter old hag."

"You're still the CEO, Mother."

"Yeah, I guess."

---

Apparently, your mother didn't "even manage to look at it". You take this to mean that she didn't know that von Schoenkopf can turn into a backpack.

"Is it possible for you to turn into a satchel?"

Sadly, von Schoenkopf replies:
"NO."

You're going to have to concoct some creative truth to get the others to not ask about the backpack.

---

You walk to school with Sayaka and Hitomi, as per usual, except the former is pressing on about your backpack quite incessantly.

"Eh... So you were out shopping without us?" Sayaka takes your account at face value.

"Don't you think backpacks at our age are quite... brutal?" Hitomi asked that of you.

To be honest, even in backpack form, von Schoenkopf looked quite savage. Compared to your body, it was massive. It probably could store more than the blue satchel, which you also brought along.

"What's in your backpack anyway?"

Sayaka decides to fool around, glomping you from behind and by extension the "backpack".

"A couple of books."

"You're going to turn into a bookworm now? Please don't, princesses are supposed to be naive and innocent!" Again, Sayaka made another one of her jokes about marrying you.

---

School finishes and the three of you again visit a mall.

It was the usual fare of banter and gossip.

With nothing left to talk about, the three of you go your separate ways.

---

What is your next course of action, White Ribbons?

[] "I still haven't had a thrill!" Go wander around in dank and dirty places.
-[] The less savoury areas of Mitakihara.
-[] The more benign parts of poorer Kazamino.
-[] The worst parts of Kazamino.
[] Go home.

If you choose to go thrill seeking, will you wear your "inheritance"?
[] With coat and cap! You think it will be the standard wear from now on.
[] No.
[] Other

[] Write-in

March 26th Saturday, 4:00pm

OOC: Anime timeline comparison:
  • March 26th Saturday - Possibly Mami vs Gertrud

PMMMWiki said:
After school, Madoka and Sayaka meet Mami for the witch hunt. Sayaka brings a baseball bat, while Madoka shows them sketches of magical girl designs (including one of herself) drawn in class, to the other girls' laughter and her embarrassment. Using her Soul Gem, Mami traces the aura of the witch from the previous day back to an abandoned building, lecturing them about the dangers witches present to the human population along the way. They arrive just in time for Mami to save a woman from committing suicide by jumping off the building's roof. She points to a strange mark on her neck: a "witch's kiss," signaling that she was being controlled by the nearby witch.
Likely either of:
[] "I still haven't had a thrill!" Go wander around in dank and dirty places.
-[] The less savoury areas of Mitakihara. Closer to the school?
-[] The more benign parts of poorer Kazamino. More Likely to have abandoned buildings?

[X] "I still haven't had a thrill!" Go wander around in dank and dirty places.
-[X] The worst parts of Kazamino.
[X] With coat and cap! You think it will be the standard wear from now on.

I'm hoping we run into Kyouko. We're not competing with her for grief seeds so we can probably get her to accept our help and it's a good route to getting an explanation on magical girls from someone who doesn't want us to contract. Additionally, befriending her is probably the first step to forcing a reconciliation with Mami.

[X] With coat and cap! You think it will be the standard wear from now on.

I'm hoping we run into Kyouko. We're not competing with her for grief seeds so we can probably get her to accept our help and it's a good route to getting an explanation on magical girls from someone who doesn't want us to contract. Additionally, befriending her is probably the first step to forcing a reconciliation with Mami.

Or maybe you could use that weaponry to start a business and sell dank Grief Seeds to Puella Magi on the brink. /jks

If you choose to go thrill seeking, will you wear your "inheritance"?
[X] No.

-[X] The less savoury areas of Mitakihara
[X] With coat and cap.

[X] Go home.

[X] Write-in
-[X] Check to see if you can find anything public about the name mentioned in the diary. And any possible leads about what was the research she was part of was about.

Really? Thrill seeking? When literally everyone in the city would be looking for someone suspicious?

[X] Go home.

[X] Write-in
-[X] Check to see if you can find anything public about the name mentioned in the diary. And any possible leads about what was the research she was part of was about.

[X] Go home.

[X] Write-in
[X] Go home.

[X] Write-in

Really? Thrill seeking? When literally everyone in the city would be looking for someone suspicious?

Votes locked and commencing write-up

2.2. Pink and Red
Votes locked and commencing write-up

You weight the merits of wandering around with the your new backpack against the merits of going home and using the internet to look up on the various rumours you've heard and read. Specifically, a couple of things stoke your urge to know more.

Firstly was that interesting conversation between the two nurses in the hospital you sneak in last night:

The first thing is Overreach Industries:

Nurses said:
"Kashira kashira, gozonji kashira?"

"Kaname Corporation is going to formally absorb Overreach Industries, that dead American company."

"You've got to "hand" it to Mrs Kaname for being so bold and enterprising."

"She never asked for this."

"Kashira kashira, gozonji kashira?"

The second thing is Mrs Momoe's account of her involvement in the trial of a nootropic known as "Odin" by von Langenstein industries.

You have already decided that you are going to look up the Odin issue and maybe the Overreach Issue as a bit of a sidenote.

---

You arrive home early.

"Tadaima!"

"Okaeri!"

Again Tatsuya greets you with a hug. You reciprocate.

---

After cleaning up early, you head into your bedroom.

You log on onto your computer, the keyboard projecting itself onto the table. The computer starts up quickly and you open the browser.

You type in "odin medical trial von langenstein pharmaceuticals" into the search box.

You click on the first result. You arrive at the home page of Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals.

"Faster, Stronger, Smarter" was the main tag line of the page you were on. You browse through their products. Apparently, they mainly focus on "nootropics", a term you search to find the meaning. It means "smart drugs" essentially, that improve concentration, motivation and/or focus. They also offer other products, such as muscle growth formula and immediately strength enhancement pills.

You search for external reviews. They are usually positive for some reason. Then again, judging from the fact that it was tested by volunteers, maybe they really were genuine, those drugs giving the people who used them real power.

You then check Von Langenstein Pharma on a wiki.

It turns out that Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals is a multinational corporation based nominally in Brisbane. Some link-surfing then lands you on another page, which lists it among the fastest growing companies of recent times, including the Xinjiang Tianhe Corporation that mother talked about, Guadalajara Biotechnology, Sao Paulo Steel Incorporated and Kaname Corporation itself.

That, of course, tells you nothing except of the fact that they have grown rapidly

You decide that maybe you could get a feel for public opinion by browsing on other sites.

You check on a social news site. The opinions are primarily positive and it seems that anyone that speaks bad of it is called a hippy or hack.

You check on an imageboard. Extreme amounts of profanity seem to crop up wherever it is managed, with wild arguments of cheating and envy being thrown around.

You check on a druggy site and all of it is, not surprisingly, positive. You check a transhumanist site and it too is positive.

You go and read on an fundamentalist religious site and a conspiracy website. Strange allegations of von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals belonging to a secret cabal of Satanic space lizards seeking to exploit humanity and steal their souls and take foetuses as food for the New World Order and whatnot are everywhere. You get a headache just reading through it.

You check on the imageboard again. This time, it's on a conspiracy section. Insults involving cuckoldry and ethnic slurs are thrown everywhere, such is the nature of an imageboard. However, you actually manage to make a sense of the incoherent mess.

Apparently, some people believe that a mysterious conspiracy called "the Illuminati" poisoned some of the Odin testing supply. Additionally, Kaname Corporation was responsible for handling the trial in Mitakihara City for the handful of people who let themselves be subjects. You make note of that, even as it insults you, the suggestion that Kaname Corporation is involved in some diabolical scheme.

---

You do the same for the Overreach Industries issue. The positive and negative receptions are a bit different this time around, but the fact was, conspiracy theories were as abound as with Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals.

The difference was in the content of those theories. The general consensus was that Overreach Industries was on the verge of a breakthrough that would allow neural-link bionics to become feasible, essentially creating mechanical body parts that would work not just as mere prosthetic, but would interact with their users' nervous systems. The conspiracy theories tended to go in the direction, that the hugely destructive Overreach Industries fire a decade or so ago was done by the Illuminati as they feared that research going out of hand, creating people with the strength to fight them

Apparently, Kaname Corporation acquired Overreach Industries a while ago. Newer conspiracy theories proposed that Kaname Corporation was a company with heavy ties to Area 51. A couple of them even went so far as to suggest that your mother was a reptilian beast that was being supported by Area 51 human traitors to take over the world. Some more insane posters even said that your mother was the bastard offspring of an evil banker, related to Hitler who fled to Japan during WWII. Strangely enough, the Hitler family tie allegations were mixed with anti-Semitic ranting that accuse your mother of being a love child between a Jewish refugee and a Japanese demimondaine. In other words, the conspiracy theorists were a bunch of nutjobs. You facepalmed at it all.

That finishes your strange experience in the weirder side of the internet.

---

What shall be your next course of action?

[] Sneak into the Kaname Corporation Tower and go search for anything related to Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals or Overreach Industries.
[] Kaname Corporation is probably on high alert after that incident. Go sneak around somewhere else.
-[] The hospital
-[] The less savoury parts of Mitakihara.
-[] Kazamino, generally.
-[] Kazamino, the worst parts.

What will you wear as your standard wear when sneaking around from now on?
[] Pink coat, cap and full armour with jetpack.
[] Other combination.

[] Write-in

March 26th Saturday, 6:00pm

[X] Kaname Corporation is probably on high alert after that incident. Go sneak around somewhere else.
-[X] Kazamino, the worst parts.
[X] Pink coat, cap and full armour with jetpack.

We walked into a hospital wearing this stuff and no one noticed anything odd. We'll be fine sneaking around a city with it on.

Last edited:
[X] Kaname Corporation is probably on high alert after that incident. Go sneak around somewhere else.
-[X] The less savoury parts of Mitakihara.

We are going to find ordinary criminals at some point, why do you think going for the worst of the worst is a good idea when we have just got started?

Last edited:
We are going to find ordinary criminals at some point, why do you think going for the worst of the worst is a good idea when we have just got started?
However bad it is, it's still habitable to unaugmented humans and we have a suit of AI controlled power armour. Ordinary criminals are a non-issue.

EDIT: That said, I mostly want to meet Kyouko before we Mami, so I'm willing to compromise on the better parts of Kazamino if you are.

Last edited:
However bad it is, it's still habitable to unaugmented humans and we have a suit of AI controlled power armour. Ordinary criminals are a non-issue.

EDIT: That said, I mostly want to meet Kyouko before we Mami, so I'm willing to compromise on the better parts of Kazamino if you are.
-[X] Kazamino, generally

Might be fruitless, but let's get moving I guess.

Side Story Constitution
Side Story Constitution:

If you check the current post for side story #001, you will notice that I have rolled another nat 20.

In order to compensate for the lack of an experience system, I will create a constitution for side stories:

The Purpose of the Side Stories
  • The roll for a side story determines tone and mood.
  • Side stories provide OOC knowledge to expand on the world and setting without directly interfering with decision making.
  • A side story should neither be a diabolus or deus ex machina, because the plot ought to be made by the author with long term planning. New plot elements shall not be made using side stories. As such, side stories shall focus on the past or events too distant to be of high plot significance.
Implementation of the Side Stories
  • The questmaster will roll on the previous side story post. They will make a new post to announce a roll has been made.
  • The questmaster will provide three options from which a side story with a mood fitting of the roll can be chosen.
    • A roll near 1 indicates 5 degrees of darkness. A roll 2-3 indicates 4 degrees of darkness. 4-5, 3 degrees of darkness. 6-7, 2 degrees of darkness. 8-9, 1 degree of darkness. 10, neutral. 11-12 one degree of fluff. 13-14, two degrees of fluff. 15-16, three degrees of fluff. 17-18, four degrees of fluff. 19-20 five degrees of fluff.
  • Side Stories require a first-to-three vote rather than first-to-two.
  • The QM will announce that the vote is locked and commence write-up, as per usual.
  • The questmaster will write the side story and repeat this process.
Vote for Side Story #002

[] Peacock's Feelings

[] The Blue Planet of Water, Earth

[] The Rise of Mitakihara

I am still waiting for the main story vote.

EDIT: Disregard that, reversion to the old scheme of dice.

Last edited:
-[X] Kazamino, generally

EDIT: I don't feel very strongly about the side story, but:
[X] The Blue Planet of Water, Earth

Either
or
[] Peacock's Feelings

Yeah, that was my thoughts too. I'm guessing that knowing about the early history of our planet and what the Incubators did back then is probably more important (and harder to get through other means) than learning about an Illuminati agent we're hopefully never going to meet, especially having already had an entire quest focused on them.

-[X] The hospital - specifically, see if the hospital that Mrs Momoe`s autopsy could be found (assuming she`s dead and was checked into the local hospital)

[X] If sneaking around places that are less than public, the pink coat, cap and full armour with jetpack.
-[X] If sneaking around rather public places, then just the phone

[X] Peacock's Feelings

[X] Peacock's Feelings
-[X] The hospital - specifically, see if the hospital that Mrs Momoe`s autopsy could be found (assuming she`s dead and was checked into the local hospital)

[X] If sneaking around places that are less than public, the pink coat, cap and full armour with jetpack.
-[X] If sneaking around rather public places, then just the phone

-[X] Kazamino, generally

EDIT: I don't feel very strongly about the side story, but:
-[X] Kazamino, generally

Might be fruitless, but let's get moving I guess.

Either
or
[] Peacock's Feelings

Votes locked, commencing write-up.

Kazamino generally. Next side story "The Blue Planet of Water"

Last edited:
2.3. Pink and Red
Votes locked, commencing write-up.

Kazamino generally. Next side story "The Blue Planet of Water"

If Mitakihara was the shining city on the hill, Kazamino was just your "average" town, where "average" was a euphemism, with the label of city. Kazamino was an "average" place with "average" people. It wasn't a third-world hellhole, but it was clearly overshadowed by Mitakihara. The gigantic skyline created by Kaname Corporation Tower's presence didn't exactly help to take attention away from the awful disparity between the two locales. Unfortunately, this meant that the scum of Mitakihara found it a good place to try and avoid the ire of the Kaname Corporation. For some reason, whenever Kaname Corporation was involved, organised crime, Yakuza to simple street gangs tended to run away as if Kaname Corporation were bigger fish. Some of the conspiracy theories on the web you've read about Mother's business said that the Kaname Corporation had in-house hitmen who went wherever there were poor little Yakuza or gangster fry to kill them for hurting business. Indeed, one of the crazier accounts even alleged that Kaname Corporation was responsible for a certain notorious event around a decade ago in which 30 Yakuza were bloodily and boldly massacred in broad daylight and their bodies mutilated, Eyes of Providence and Owls of Minerva branded onto their corpses.

You dismiss it as the irrational and strange conspiracy theory that it is. A corporation didn't need to go and make example of organised crime in order to attain power. Surely, the sheer presence of the business would deter organised crime, because the government's interest in unemployment reduction would make them want to protect it? Your mother was ambitious and confident, but she wasn't a bloodthirsty secret-society maniac.

So in your pink coat concealing your equipment, you start your trip, first to the train station, then to Kazamino.

You think you just caught another whiff of that strange smell of used underwear that you smelt earlier in the hospital, but you dismiss it as your imagination.

---

You step off the train and make your way into the streets.

You start walking, looking left and right, examining your surroundings. What shops there are seem to be stocked with mediocre amounts of goods and you pass by a bankrupt store that is boarded up. As you make your way further down the streets, you see a broken window or two.

How strange, that next to a city of prosperity, there is a town in recession.

A girl in school uniform giggles as she holds onto the cuffs of a salaryman, tugging him to take him away from your field of vision. Oh dear...

You see a couple of hipsters gathered around, presumably to talk about hipster things, whatever they were. The gentrification has already started, hasn't it?

You pass by an open groceries store and you see that a grumpy old man is busy cleaning one of his outside stalls. You look closer and see that the stall, judging from the sign, used to have apple up for the sale.

The grumpy old man turns around at yells at you:
"What, another truant street rat who wants to steal my stuff? Begone!"

With such an unlikeable manager, no wonder the store has so few customers.

You wander around further.

---

Down further the street, a bank and a pawn shop, opposite of each other. Judging by the moderate amount of people around, it seems that they are the biggest businesses around.

You look through the pawn shop's window. The pawn shop owner was probably the richest small business owner in town, judging by it, although business wasn't exactly very small. Phones, guitars, a violin, white goods, a toaster, a television and even a child's bicycle were up for sale.

You try not to make a judgement about the owner, who you can't even see, but seeing the outrageous disparity in wealth between him and the rest of Kazamino, you can't help but think if something is off.

You turn around and look at the bank branch.

The branch belonged to, of course, Mitakihara Bank, open 24/7, a subsidiary of the Kaname Corporation in charge of entry-level business and personal financial products.

You look at the ATMs. There was a queue of people lined up, waiting to withdraw money.

Just as you are about to turn your way back from the depressing sight, a man storms out of the bank branch, angrily ranting about his personal circumstances:
"How come the interest rates are so high? I just wanted a loan for my daughter's education and they won't let me have it lower because it's Kazamino! I can't afford them, so now what?"

Powerless to do anything and realizing that quite sharply, you turn your back on him and make your way back nearer to the train station, seeing very little of value. Essentially, Kazamino was town that was financially knocked down, trying to get back on its feet the very best it could.

You wander past an alley in which a couple of drunks are messing around on the ground and arguing with each other. Just as you stop and turn to stare at them to get a feel of what they're arguing over, another girl, dressed in a turquoise jacket exposing her midriff and short jeans showing off her legs, stops by your left and looks onto to miserable sight.

"Drunken escapist scum. Absolutely pathetic."

That was a piece of social commentary you weren't expecting.

[] Stalk her from the shadows. She sounds like she's got some pretty interesting ideas and boy does she thrill you.
[] "That's not very nice. Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"

[] Write-in

Batman Begins Reference

watch at 2:49

March 26th Saturday, 7:00pm

Last edited:
[] Stalk her from the shadows.
What is this 'Thrill' nonsense?

[X] "Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"
Whining about things not being 'nice' shows a lack of understanding about the world.

Your mother was ambitious and confident, but she wasn't a bloodthirsty secret-society maniac.
That's going to hurt, isn't it. :(

[X] "Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"

I don't think there's much point getting into an argument with Kyouko, but it probably won't hurt and we can always stalk her later.

[X] "That's not very nice. Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"

Honestly, I feel the next question is going to attempt to put us in a corner with something along the lines of "Then how do they stop being that?" kind of question, but there's a lot of answers to that question.

And just because we're telling others not to be nice, doesn't mean a lack of understanding. It just means that you'd rather see everyone to be nice instead. Especially those above other people's stations should have the option to be nice.

[X] "That's not very nice. Their lives are painful and alcohol is their only escape, what's wrong with that?"

Honestly, I feel the next question is going to attempt to put us in a corner with something along the lines of "Then how do they stop being that?" kind of question, but there's a lot of answers to that question.

And just because we're telling others not to be nice, doesn't mean a lack of understanding. It just means that you'd rather see everyone to be nice instead. Especially those above other people's stations should have the option to be nice.
Chances are the 'That's not very nice.' is not something she will think about logically. More likely she will flip out over that rather than consider our perspective/socio-economical position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back