• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

In my opinion we should go for the reconnaissance campaign option since it gives us the low down on what Tatsu's been up to and what his assets are. Then we can plan around most difficulties and kill him with the least amount of trouble or backlash.

Malcolmo said:
In my opinion we should go for the reconnaissance campaign option since it gives us the low down on what Tatsu's been up to and what his assets are. Then we can plan around most difficulties and kill him with the least amount of trouble or backlash.
Yeah, going straight for the kill would be reckless. At the very least we want to see his derived magic in action, so we're not blindsided.

Orm Embar said:
Yeah, going straight for the kill would be reckless. At the very least we want to see his derived magic in action, so we're not blindsided.
Yeah and going hunting in that suicide forest isn't all that useful at the moment seeing as we've nearly maxed out our energy and it'd take too much time.
Kyoko isn't all that needed to end this and quite frankly having to hunt a bunch of witches to obtain her help doesn't seem worth the effort involved.

Rihaku said:
It seems like SB moderation is doing something about the lag now, hopefully this lag storm will blow over T_T

Well, we can always hope I suppose.

Cutting threads to 200 posts max didn't help much, but perhaps further pruning of the tree will do the trick?

Xicree said:
The mod pretty much just went, yeah this is annoying everyone with the necros. We'll just lock it till the Quest writer is ready to do his thing again. Its not really a bad thing if all that's happening is random necroing and nonsense that isn't really related to the quest.

And its not on permanent lock either. Just until Chibi decides to continue it.

Lag seems to have actually gone down now.

Lag just cleared up for me, although it still flickers hatefully now and again.

I'm going to see if I can catch up on the regular thread while it lasts... Although since it's almost 12, I should probably sleep instead.

... One or two more pages.

At the rate people are jinxing the current calm, we're going to be stuck in lag for the next week!

There's a few seconds delay on commands and reloading, but it looks as if, for the moment, it is gone. Please try to quickly spend your XP.

Just in case the Lag returns, I'm going to restate my argument here-

Scope 4 gives us a near-constant, wide degree of spatial awareness on the level of a Combat Precog. Combat precognition is NOT something to trifle with, especially if we later invest in some degree of hand-to-hand skill [Which I'm aware I'll never persuade SB to do at this point, but damnit if I'll stop trying!]. Speed, while it will decrease our overall accuracy if we fire at full throttle, will put our reaction time into the mild superhuman level and give us an even larger, more advanced magazine.

Compare to Silver Bullet, which while nice is just another level of fucking people's shit up, which we already do quite well.

... I'm tempted to suggest we get another 50k Exp and buy silver bullet anyway just to be safe, but I doubt we have the time before update, do we?

Thomasfoolery said:
On the training, as has already been mentioned diminishing returns are beginning to kick in
No this is not true. What has been mentioned is just that diminishing returns will kick in at some point.

We have not even found our derived magic yet (which will probably be the largest upgrade we will ever get).

And so begins the lag.

It looked So Promising for a while there too.

At least we've got more time to discuss with double XP over here! Maybe get us over the top to cap Silver Bullet and get Scope 4 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alectai said:
And so begins the lag.

It looked So Promising for a while there too.

At least we've got more time to discuss with double XP over here! Maybe get us over the top to cap Silver Bullet and get Scope 4 too.

Was the bonus double XP? I thought that it was that well thought out posts counted the same way reactions and fanfics did.

Deadly Snark said:
Was the bonus double XP? I thought that it was that well thought out posts counted the same way reactions and fanfics did.

Could be? My memory's pretty bad lately.

I'm going off to take care of some stuff for now, hopefully this doesn't last all day, but we haven't been so fortunate this week :(

Can't really access SB right now, but from what I recall last time I checked some people seemed to be under the assumption that Silver BUllet would only be good for finishing the battle with an alpha strike and due to being slower and less accurate than normal bullets would likely fail at that task, so I'll just coment on that.

Basically I completely disagree with this assumption.
Sure, one of the major advantages it would give us is the possibility to completely end the battle in the first strike, but that's really only one of its uses.
I already mentioned the various ways in which it could be used aside from shooting Tetsu himself before, but even aside from other uses, it's not like we get only one chance to kill Tetsu with those.

While I'm certainly not suggesting we ignore its energy cost and start firing Silver Bullets with abandon, there is still the possibility to mix in a Silver Bullet here and there with our normal ones, possibly shot in such a way to tempt him to block or tank them and, if he does somehow figure out not to get hit by them under any circumstances, they can still be used excellently for herding purposes, since this would mean he can no longer afford to leave us any openings at all.

And all of this is not even considering that the availibility of Silver Bullets would mean only a single instance in which Tetsu isn't in a position to dodge and we can fire, like for example as soon as he's in meelee range, would basically mean we've won.
Sure, actually letting him get into meelee range is a bad idea in the first place, but this would make for a rather nasty surprise if he manages coming so close and there are plenty of other points in time where dodging will be equally hard for him.

I gotta ask, Rihaku how long can a special bullet last for? Can we only create on at a time or have to fire it near instantly after making one?

You should be able to see where I am going and the answer is likely no, but still gotta try.

And of course we start having lag again...

Pipeman said:
like for example as soon as he's in meelee range, would basically mean we've won.
He may very well be able to move more than 10 times as fast as us. Hitting him with a bullet while in melee range might be almost impossible even if we had a handgun instead of a sniper rifle.

Special rounds last several minutes until they dissipate, but you can only have one at a time.

So if we do have enough, what would ya'll say to voting for:

Scope 4, Silver Bullet 5

You won't find any objections from me, but we'll need to get the rest of the necessary XP, and people keep using the SB thread even when Lag is present >_<

Honestly, at this point, it Has to be a hardware issue, there's no fucktardedly big threads, and the problem is getting worse and worse.

Any thought of moving over to RPG.net or something else until SB solves whatever is going on with this daily, 9-11 hour lag spikes?

I still want an ultimate. I don't care what we pick, Arsenal or Discreet of Bunny-petting or whatever. But... Ultimate!

I wonder if Tiro Finale actually is Mami's Ultimate, or if it's just something like our own Silver Bullet, and the pinnacle of one Weapon Magic Tree?

Well, we're apparently at our 65K "Best of both worlds" level according to a post Rihaku managed to squeeze out half an hour ago. So that's nice. We'll have Silver Bullet, and the ability to minimize speedblitz and accurately target on the fly.

So that's nice, it gives us a much better chance of success, barring unpredictable shit like "Hommando is now Tetsu's enforcer" or "Suddenly, Walpurgisnacht" Or "Oriko has sold her virginity to Tetsu".

So does anyone have any ideas what we want to do if we go with the extensive recon option? I'm assuming we're going to use the hell out of our scope in order to check for any other magicians or magical girls but beyond that what do you guys think would be a good idea for us to do.

Is it possible to walk around in our Magi-form, without having the cloak present?

Because if so, we could observe some things that we find during full-recon as someone just 'people watching' in a diner if they're near anything like that.

TheOtherSandman said:
Is it possible to walk around in our Magi-form, without having the cloak present?

Because if so, we could observe some things that we find during full-recon as someone just 'people watching' in a diner if they're near anything like that.
Do we even have the money to go sit and eat in a diner? In addition even if we could control which parts of our costume appear, which I doubt, sitting in a diner out in the open is an excellent way to get spotted by some informant of Tatsu's and lose the element of surprise something we're banking on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back