• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Not sure who else managed to see it, but Rihaku just posted that, if we are planning to fight Tetsu soon we might want to save up for Silver Bullet 5 or even that + Scope 4.
I'm not sure if that only refers to the deathblow option or all options that aren't Aokigahara.
We only have 40k XP at the moment though so we'd need more activity for both.

For me this kind of depends on whether or not we're going to get another update before the actual battle with Tetsu.
Because if we do, we could just get the one of the two we can actually afford at the moment and would be more useful for the task at hand (if Aokigahara wins Silver Bullet might merit more attention) and save up to buy the other right before the battle.

Deadly Snark said:
Okay, tell me why we haven't been instered with knowledge neede to fight this war and send on the frontlines or behind the lines already? It's more than possible with the Incubator's technology.

Well it certainly doesn't have to be a parity foe of the incubators but our kyubey did state that he would like us to fight some other enemy in the future but for now we should just relax and fight witches/liches.

We want Silver Bullet 5 instead of Something 1 and our Ultimate?

By its very nature, our ultimate should be the real deal, the whole enchilada, the game ender, the [insert metaphor here].

Guile said:

By its very nature, our ultimate should be the real deal, the whole enchilada, the game ender, the [insert metaphor here].
Thing is in order to get our ultimate we need to decide which one of the other two trees to go into and once we get our ultimate we can't get the other one. And thanks to the previous flame war deciding which tree to use is unlikely to be quick or painless.

Guile said:

Presumably it needs to grow into being the real deal and the first level is a bit runty.

After a bit of more thinking, I'm rather convinced that Perception II is a horrible option no matter what we plan to do.

If we go to Aokigahara, we're going to be involved in very heavy combat that is seriously life threatening.
Buying an unknown sensory ability when we are going to be facing some of the toughest opponents we can, instead of anything else is highly suboptimal for that.
Especially when something like Silver Bullet could per Word of God turn 75% of those hunts into milk runs.
And even if we don't manage to gather enough XP for that particular upgrade, upgrading actually combat relevant stats like Speed for massive DPS or even Stability for better strafing is highly preferable in such an extremely dangerous environment.

If with any of the other options Silver Bullet would be a very decent bet as well.
Not only because its ability to nullify magic and our ability to see magic, can be combined to knock out whatever magical problems we encounter, but also because of its sheer killing power, especially since our extreme Spacial Awareness thanks to Scope and our recently upgraded Stopping Power would make the Silver Bullet very hard to dodge.
If we can't afford that though, there are stil other more attractive optoins than Perception II.
If we're getting Kyoko then it's very likely that our fight with Tetsu will simply be a straight up battle in which case upgrading Speed would significantly increase our ability to do damage and the resulting loss of accuracy could be compensated with the superior spacial awareness of Scope 4.
If we're doing recon instead, it might pay to get the normal Perception instead, since we actually know that will significantly increase our capacity to gather data, especially if combined with Scope 4, instead of having to hope Perception II will prove useful.
Or we might want to get Speed for that option as well, since it ultimately will lead to a confrontation with Tetsu one way or another and more killing power is always useful to have.

Ultimately, we are pretty much assured that we will end up in a very dangerous situation with this update and hoping that the unknown that is Perception II will somehow prove useful in the situation at hand instead of going with something we know will help us, is the height of foolishness, especially if there is no real reason to beilieve Perception II is strictly better than the others instead of simply offering different advantages.

Right now, I think we should focus on getting Scope Glasses.

Because they'd be SO FUCKING AWESOME MECHANICALLY. Pre-Mangekyo Sharingan-level haxx, at least- And that's not getting into post-5 Scope abilities. Also, Scary shiny glasses.

... And if it pulls in the DAPPER! vote, perhaps a Scary Shiny Monocle.

Vindictus said:
Right now, I think we should focus on getting Scope Glasses.

Because they'd be SO FUCKING AWESOME MECHANICALLY. Pre-Mangekyo Sharingan-level haxx, at least- And that's not getting into post-5 Scope abilities. Also, Scary shiny glasses.

... And if it pulls in the DAPPER! vote, perhaps a Scary Shiny Monocle.
Scope 4 is pretty decent, but if we're really going to enter heavy combat Silver Bullet should still be preferable.
If we can't afford that, then I suppose we could make do with Scope and an actually useful stat upgrade.
If there's not likely to be any relevant combat though (which if Kyoko or Recon wins and Rihaku decides to not throw us against Tetsu in the next update already could happen), I'd actually advocate to just get Scope 4 for its general utility and ability to let us do proper surveilance without materializing our rifle and bank the rest for more combat relevant upgrades.

You seem to forget that our damage output is Already almost immediately fatal to anything we hit. We're literally capable of destroying small buildings with a single point of energy.

Silver Bullet is for shit like Walpurgis Nacht or fucking "I can never be struck by attacks because I magically deflect anything that comes near me" baloney. It's a trump card that annihilates what stands before us in spite of magical hax. Not something that replaces physical damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alectai said:
You seem to forget that our damage output is Already almost immediately fatal to anything we hit. We're literally capable of destroying small buildings with a single point of energy.

Silver Bullet is for shit like Walpurgis Nacht or fucking "I can never be struck by attacks because I magically deflect anything that comes near me" baloney. It's a trump card that annihilates what stands before us in spite of magical hax. Not something that replaces physical damage.
And you seem to be forgetting that we are not going to be fighting buildings but things who possess magic bullshit of their own.
We are either going to be fighting a Magician who could have enough bullshit amounts of toughness to decently survive a direct hit from an Impactor or several seriously dangerous Witches who even though we have so much Stopping Power still are enough to put us into "Very High Personal Danger", but per word of god would through Silver Bullet be turned into milk runs 75% percent of the time.

I didn't say I was completely against Silver Bullet, just that it isn't a cure-all panacea that makes us automatically win everything forever. That last fight we were in would have explicitly been just as "Difficult" with Silver Bullet as it already was.

If we can get Scope 4 and Silver Bullet, cool, because having an alpha strike that murderstomps anything we hit, coupled with "We have a hard time missing", then taking Tetsu down becomes... If not easy, at least something that is likely to succeed barring A-rank bullshit hax or a really fucking stupid plan. It also does make most Witches pretty managable.

I agree with Alectai.

Silver Bullet's the bane of magic.

I'd like us to get the Scope 4, because it'll let us just walk around with our enhanced vision without our sniper rifle.
I'd also like Perception II 2, because that might just let us know what it is. Besides, it's not something useless. I bet it's close to that Advanced Math thing? Perhaps something along the lines of future bullet trajectories or something.

Getting Speed 3 Before we get the Stamina 2 is kinda bad idea. We don't have Arsenal yet, which means if we jam, we'll be busy unjamming our sniper rifle.

Although if we work hard we might make it to 65k XP, in which case getting Scope 4 and Silver Bullet seems the best.

Remember, the witch that we just fought required multiple Impactors and Mami's finisher in order to kill it. Hell, even with Silver Bullet, that witch wouldn't have been trivial, not to mention that Aokigahara's witches either match, or surpass it. In this case, we may need Silver Bullet's "Fuck you, go to hell, don't pass go, don't collect $200."

Alternatively, we can just do our best to get as much XP as we can in order to buy everything.

That said, I'm still in favor of buying Scope 4, but lets see how much XP we can scrounge up.

OkayishGatsby said:
Remember, the witch that we just fought required multiple Impactors and Mami's finisher in order to kill it. Hell, even with Silver Bullet, that witch wouldn't have been trivial, not to mention that Aokigahara's witches either match, or surpass it. In this case, we may need Silver Bullet's "Fuck you, go to hell, don't pass go, don't collect $200."

Alternatively, we can just do our best to get as much XP as we can in order to buy everything.

That said, I'm still in favor of buying Scope 4, but lets see how much XP we can scrounge up.

Eh, if we go to Aokigahara, having Silver Bullet is probably important. If we go take on Tetsu, then I'd be more in favor of Scope and something else (With both only if our XP allows it)

Alectai said:
I didn't say I was completely against Silver Bullet, just that it isn't a cure-all panacea that makes us automatically win everything forever. That last fight we were in would have explicitly been just as "Difficult" with Silver Bullet as it already was.

If we can get Scope 4 and Silver Bullet, cool, because having an alpha strike that murderstomps anything we hit, coupled with "We have a hard time missing", then taking Tetsu down becomes... If not easy, at least something that is likely to succeed barring A-rank bullshit hax or a really fucking stupid plan.
Well, yeah getting both would be great, but if we have to choose, I'd rather prefer to go with Silver Bullet over Scope 4 and some suboptimal stat upgrade in every option that isn't strictly recon.
Even if Silver Bullet isn't always the answer, taking out over half the Witches in Aokigahara without any significant trouble should definitely lower the risk from "Very High" to "Moderate", which in my opinion would be incredibly worth it.
And if we do go with Kyoko, we should have enough fire power to take on Tetsu unless we are hit by some nasty esoteric bullshit, which would be easily negated by using our magic vision to see it coming and a Silver Bullet, or he has enough Magi allies to stop us from roflstomping him, which we could counter with hit and run tactics and wounds that can't be healed with magic.
Scope 4, while having a lot of utility just doesn't seem to compare, which kind of makes sense since one is a Level 5 and the other isn't.

Pipeman said:
Well, yeah getting both would be great, but if we have to choose, I'd rather prefer to go with Silver Bullet over Scope 4 and some suboptimal stat upgrade in every option that isn't strictly recon.
Even if Silver Bullet isn't always the answer, taking out over half the Witches in Aokigahara without any significant trouble should definitely lower the risk from "Very High" to "Moderate", which in my opinion would be incredibly worth it.
And if we do go with Kyoko, we should have enough fire power to take on Tetsu unless we are hit by some nasty esoteric bullshit, which would be easily negated by using our magic vision to see it coming and a Silver Bullet, or he has enough Magi allies to stop us from roflstomping him, which we could counter with hit and run tactics and wounds that can't be healed with magic.
Scope 4, while having a lot of utility just doesn't seem to compare, which kind of makes sense since one is a Level 5 and the other isn't.

Scope 4 means we don't get blindsided by Magic Bullshit, because it's always on and helping us detect stuff.

It means that we can devote our full attention to outmaneuvering someone, rather then being able to use our enhanced spatial awareness only offensively.

Silver Bullet itself is Potent, I haven't denied that, but our killing power is already superlative, and we could get two Attribute Bonuses for the cost of Silver Bullet (Isn't it 50K for a rank 5 Weapon Magic ability?)

I just seriously can't accept getting Perception II now.
No matter what we choose we are likely seeing heavy combat in the near future.
This is not the time to be spending 25k XP on something because you're curious and it might be very useful in this exact situation.
Because it might just as well be utter crap for whatever we're facing.
Perception II is not going to be objectively better than any of the other stat upgrades and going for it in such a critical situation when we don't even know what it'S good for is just a bad idea.

Edit:
Alectai said:
Scope 4 means we don't get blindsided by Magic Bullshit, because it's always on and helping us detect stuff.

It means that we can devote our full attention to outmaneuvering someone, rather then being able to use our enhanced spatial awareness only offensively.

Silver Bullet itself is Potent, I haven't denied that, but our killing power is already superlative, and we could get two Attribute Bonuses for the cost of Silver Bullet (Isn't it 50K for a rank 5 Weapon Magic ability?)
Being able to see the magic bullshit doesn't necessarily mean actually being able to do something about it.
And, yeah, it's two stat upgrades but given the danger we are most likely facing, I think it'd be worth it.
Especially if most people are planning to spend half of that on opening a mystery box instead.

Pipeman said:
I just seriously can't accept getting Perception II now.
No matter what we choose we are likely seeing heavy combat in the near future.
This is not the time to be spending 25k XP on something because you're curious and it might be very useful in this exact situation.
Because it might just as well be utter crap for whatever we're facing.
Perception II is not going to be objectively better than any of the other stat upgrades and going for it in such a critical situation when we don't even know what it'S good for is just a bad idea.

And I Accept that. I don't think it'll be worthless myself, but I can understand the demand to stick to safe bets at least. I'm a bit more willing to gamble, as our core battle abilities are pretty refined at this point, but others don't feel comfortable at our current position.

So it's a matter of opinion, and the winner is whoever has the better arguments. Honestly, I believe Silver Bullet is likely to take the lead--though it'll have stiff competition since Scope 4 is Really Fucking Useful

Clearly, the answer is to this conundrum is to generate enough XP to get them all. :D

Still, I think Scope 4 can compensate for Perception, although Perception II is a bit of a mystery. I don't like it because we simply don't know what it'll do or how helpful/unhelpful it'll be, but at the same time, it might be the key to our derived power, which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

That said, I'm mostly against getting Perception II since there are other options that we know what they will do and how they help us.

Attribute bonuses don't change the playing field though, if someone can simply no sell bullets magically, faster, better aimed or more damaging bullets won't change that. Especially since Rihaku has specifically suggested Silver Bullet plus scope if we get enough for it if we go after Tetsu. If the Aokigahara option wins Silver Bullet seems even more the best way to go if we can't get both since we can just have our rifle out the whole time.

Basically in regards to Silver bullet since all the options aside from Immediately going after Tetsu involve some witch hunting and it's been specifically suggested for Tetsu I really think we should get it. Not a big fan of Perception II under the "A boat's a boat but a mystery box could be anything!" Rationale.

OkayishGatsby said:
Clearly, the answer is to this conundrum is to generate enough XP to get them all. :D

Still, I think Scope 4 can compensate for Perception, although Perception II is a bit of a mystery. I don't like it because we simply don't know what it'll do or how helpful/unhelpful it'll be, but at the same time, it might be the key to our derived power, which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

That said, I'm mostly against getting Perception II since there are other options that we know what they will do and how they help us.
Wait, are you saying that getting Scope 4 makes upgrading standard perception as well suboptimal?
Because quite frankly, I'd say it's the opposite.
If getting Scope 4 lets us have enourmous Spacial Awareness of everything we see, have X-ray vision and see magic, improving our eyes by a factor of 2.5 on top of that would be seriously awesome.
The main reason I'm not that big of a fan of it anymore is that I'd like to either bank XP for the Silver Bullet or something else with immediate combat relevance.

Pipeman said:
Wait, are you saying that getting Scope 4 makes upgrading standard perception as well suboptimal?
Because quite frankly, I'd say it's the opposite.
If getting Scope 4 lets us have enourmous Spacial Awareness of everything we see, have X-ray vision and see magic, improving our eyes by a factor of 2.5 on top of that would be seriously awesome.
The main reason I'm not that big of a fan of it anymore is that I'd like to either bank XP for the Silver Bullet or something else with immediate combat relevance.
I'm saying that it can compensate a little for not getting Perception/Accuracy, but not completely.
The Perception I'm not a fan of upgrading is the Perception II, which we have no idea what it does beyond what we can guess.

I got bored during class and ran out of space to doodle eyes in the margins, so here's my crappy writing.

Your plan had been going on for nearly 2 weeks now.
Near constant harassment of the Yakuza and never stopping for long, only to watch the chaos unfold and to plan for the next one.

Tokyo was barren of any Witches for a Magi to kill and replenish themselves with, but for you this was a boon rather than a curse. For it meant that your target must seek elsewhere to cleanse the corruption of his phylactery, while your hunt in Aokigahara had reaped a bountiful harvest of Grief seeds, born from monstrously powerful witches, glutted on the despair of countless suicides in that dark forest. And it was that crop that fueled your campaign, systematically taking down Tetsu's forces, piece by piece.

Yak thugs, drug peddlers, pimps. Any operation that Tetsu had a hand in was foiled.

What he sold his soul to acquire, was burning around him

But surely, the most satisfying part has been your attacks on Tetsu himself.
Drone rifles taking shots at him.
Even more rifles targeted at the rifle for when he sought out his would-be assassin.
The sniper's nests themselves booby trapped with rifles loaded with Impactor rounds.
Every one of them meant to lead him on a merry chase around the city to nowhere and to no one.

Slowly fraying his focus, drawing him further and further into paranoia and recklessness.

Not allowing him a moment's rest as you wore him do-

*BANG*

"STOP HIDING BEHIND YOUR TOYS, HITORI!"

Ah, speak of the devil.

*BANG*

"YOU CAN'T HIDE LIKE THIS FOREVER"

*BANG*

"COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN, YOU COWARDLY CHUUNI!"

Ho?

"Big words from a boy who had to have his thugs be the ones to kill my father instead of doing it himself!"

*BOOM*

Ah, that would be an Impactor trap there.

"I bet you stabbed your own father in the back when you killed him too, since you lack the spine to do it to his face!"

So, crap or super crap?

After having managed to finally get to the story thread I'm posting my reaction to the update.
Well this doesn't bode well although the guy from the parable's actions don't really mesh with our character.
"Leave me, Hitori-san! I can take care of myself, but we'll need my student to take down this one!" Mami dashed back out of the Witch's range as it roared - an obscene, guttural bellow that sent acid flying like spit.
Well at least Mami noticed her attacks weren't doing much. It also tells us her student is pretty freaking strong which we ooc knew but it's nice to get IC confirmation.
"I have an idea," you responded, loading an Impactor into your rifle. It had changed, slightly, after you'd depleted your first Grief Seed and had time to train alone. Two compartments, one behind the other, now fed into the same barrel - the posterior, a standard magazine-loader, and the anterior, a bolt-action chamber to accommodate your special ammo.
Our rifle is awesome. I wonder if there was a way we could get our special ammo to appear inside a magazine so as to increase rate of fire with that. Perhaps taking advantage of arsenal to manifest our bullets then place them into a magazine and then firing them off then although that wouldn't let us change the ammo choice during a fight not to mention they'd probably run out eventually.
You pulled the trigger, excavating a spherical hole near ten meters in diameter out of the flesh wall that separated you from Witch and Magical Girl. As the wall quivered, its regeneration struggling with the enormity of the task, you propelled yourself through, sprinting though you could have traversed the tunnel even at a walk, given the damage done.
And in other news impactors do a lot of damage to random walls.
Landing, your shoes skidded along the mucous-covered ground of the inner chamber before orienting to a stop. You gestured for Mami to fall back and then opened fire at the fleshy floor beneath the Witch's main body. Peering through your scope, you traced the likely trajectory of your target, already planning your next move - the exact angle of the barrel, the necessary shift in your firing posture, the number of steps needed to pre-empt the creature's retaliatory gouts of acid. When you saw through that lens, it was almost as if you gained another sense entirely, an understanding of distance and motion that surpassed intuition - for it granted conscious knowledge - yet whose interpretation was more deeply ingrained than instinct. As if you could solve differential equations by breathing. Wouldn't that have been useful in math class!
Damn we're good at calculating stuff. That scope is going to be very useful for any speedsters that try to rush us. Also that differential equation part has made me very envious of Hitori. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I took advanced maths as one my subjects. Nothing to do with it whatsoever I tell you!
This second Impactor connected with a hideous sound of tearing flesh, carving a veritable pit into the ground even as it heaved the monster up. Hands flying with supernatural speed, you sent a shieldbreaker flying into one of the bite-like gouges your Impactor had taken out of the creature. Having lost contact with the source of its regeneration, the Witch could only flail and suffer.
And now we start air juggling the witch while shooting the crap out of it
Catching on swiftly, Mami deployed a pair of pistols scaled to cannon-size, setting them on the ground and firing in sequence to keep the abomination airborne. You launched another Impactor, scouring away the great majority of the creature's ablative barrier. The copper-colored core that was revealed, a perfectly spherical orb with no distinguishing features, struck you as odd. That did not stop you from unloading your full magazine at it, alongside your companion's finishing move.
Not that them being pistols really matters when they're the size of cannons but that still tells us something about the limits of her abilities. Now as to why the core'd be that way I have no idea although I'm sure someone had an idea in the sb thread though I haven't been able to read it yet. We seem to end each of our fights by firing a lot of rounds at the enemy don't we?
As the monster's Labyrinth receded, yielding like a low tide to the detritus and black stone of the abandoned subway tunnel, Mami let out a small mou of relief - the first sign you've seen that she was actually worried about the outcome of that battle.
Well her being worried is rather unsurprising given the circumstances. Giant regenerating flesh witch tends to be a cause for concern.
"My, that could have been a close one. It just goes to show, we can never truly underestimate Witches. Hitori-san really does have the combat instincts of a professional! To discern the Witch's weak point so quickly and act without hesitation is the mark of a capable Magic- er, Magician."
Who knows maybe this means she'll be a lot more careful for the next few witches. Although she still has yet to get accustomed to using the term magician.
"You're too kind," you replied, secretly flattered, "I had the benefit of an objective position. If that giant worm-beast had been barreling towards me, I would very much had needed rescue, I think."
Well at least we can be pretty sure how good we are at socializing although I'm pretty sure we'd have managed to take that thing down on our own.
Picking up the Grief Seed, you pressed it against your Soul Gem, depleting half before surrendering it to your companion's possession. Mami placed it in a pocket, and regarded you with a warm smile. "Well, I suppose this is goodbye, then. Are you sure you don't want to stick around for a few more hunts? I've been thinking about expanding my territory, and could use the help. I didn't manage to teach much this time!"
That girl is going to drain herself out trying to restock her novice isn't she? That bit about expanding her territory mildly worries me though she should be able to handle herself barring her pushing herself too far without resupplying herself.
"The offer is appreciated, and it's been a pleasure. But you've already given me much to think about. I don't want to impose, and more importantly, you know what my ultimate objective is. Anything I learn from you, I will turn towards that outcome...it's against your ideals, so..." Ah, how did one put this?
Not quite a smooth operator but it'll do besides it's not like there's an easy way of saying that anything you learn from someone will be put to use killing a guy no matter how bad he is.
"I understand." Her smile turned slightly wistful as she extended her hand. "It's a shame, I would have liked a hunting partner. That's why I took on a student in the first place, but, well...anyway, Mitahikara will always welcome you if you'd like to visit. And stay in touch! I'd we can still communicate through Kyubey, but there's just the one, now..."
Well at least we know she likes us although I suspect there will be many waifu wars due to this. :(
For some reason the image of using Kyubey as a fluffy mobile phone is rather amusing. More seriously it also lets him know what the magical girls or magicians are discussing. Also I think something got cut off at I'd we.
"Oh, erm..." You fumbled around in your pockets. "We could talk by phone." Like normal people.

"Ah!" She slapped her forehead playfully. "We could do that. It's the modern era, after all. Sorry, I'm so used to corresponding via Magical Messenger. Well, remember not to discuss anything magical over the phone, or at least speak in code. We have to keep magic a secret." She took your phone and punched in a number.
Well at least he's aware he's not a normal person.
You know if you hadn't already told us Mami's been at this for three years I'm sure someone would have used that as proof she's ancient.
Later, as the skyline whirled past you, you glanced at the cell phone in your hand. It'd been surprisingly easy to make friends, though Mami had admittedly done most of the work on that score. Did she just have that type of personality? Or was it that Magicians lead existences so solitary, that they leapt at any chance of camaraderie?
I think that's more because you're that sort of person then anything to do with being a magician mate.
Although this does give us a bit of info on his thought processes.
[ ] Return to Tokyo - You've battled two Witches and developed tremendously as a Magician in less than a month. However, you don't anticipate that you can maintain this rate of growth indefinitely. At some point, diminishing returns will kick in, and your relative advantage against Tetsu will decline. It's best to take action now, when your options in combat are many and - more importantly - his are few.
Yeah we've boosted ourselves up a lot now would be a good time to start putting some effort into killing the bugger.
-[ ] Reconaissance Campaign - Focus on acquiring a deep understanding of the situation on the ground, his daily schedule, the activities of the Tetsu Group, etc. Estimated Time: 1-2 Weeks. Personal Risk: Low.
The play it safe option and also the one I'm going for since information is vital before we strike.
-[ ] Deathblow - Perform some basic scouting, but avoid time-inefficient activities. The less time you give him, the better. You have tools enough for a decapitating first strike. Use them. Estimate Time: 1 Day. Personal Risk: ???
The go in and kill him regardless of any obstacles. Interesting but probably not a good idea since I'd rather we didn't get blindsided by something.
[ ] Aokigahara - With a seeming scarcity of Witches all over Japan, it's imperative that you build up a stock of Grief Seeds quickly. Your offensive efficiency and versatility, are, according to Mami, top tier amongst the Magical Girls - Magic-users she's encountered. So long as you pick your targets carefully, you should be able to reap a harvest of Grief Seeds, using your forestry skills (rare in this day and age) to clean out the area before others can. This will secure an almost unassailable resource advantage for yourself. It'll be good training, as well. Estimated Time: 2-4 Weeks. Personal Risk: Very High.
While interesting this is rather time consuming and we've probably built up enough resources and training to be able to off him after some recon.
[ ] Far Wanderings - Mami has told you of a Combat-type Puella that resides in another town close to Tokyo. She and the Combat-type had a falling out in the past, but the Girl - a spear-user - possesses, according to Mami, a mercenary disposition and rather cynical ideals. She may be willing to help you assassinate Tetsu, in exchange for some number of Grief seeds. Estimated Time: 1-2 Weeks. Personal Risk: Moderate.
The get more backup for our attack route. While mildly tempting I don't think we need backup and the time spent obtaining grief seeds is better spent on reconning Tetsu's position and forces.

And that's my reaction totaling at 700 words.

Question, does anyone know if we could replicate the Scope 4 glasses with Arsenal Replicate? Because if we could then holy shit

If nothing else, Jonin Quest trained me to go for the Mystery option.

Noboru pretty much instantly won the game once he bothered to use his.

If we'd broken the seal before we were strong enough Danzo would've killed us though.

Deadly Snark said:
Question, does anyone know if we could replicate the Scope 4 glasses with Arsenal Replicate? Because if we could then holy shit
Unlikely. It's not an upgrade applied to the glasses, simply an internalization of the notion that 'violence should be observed.' The glasses are just a substitute used in place of the scope.

Orm Embar said:
Unlikely. It's not an upgrade applied to the glasses, simply an internalization of the notion that 'violence should be observed.' The glasses are just a substitute used in place of the scope.

Actually, IIRC it's 'Violence should be guided by observation'.

How did you get it confused with the inverse of Discretion? ???

Orm Embar said:
Yes, but the glasses are at the end of the day a part of our weapon, so it would make sense that with Violence is Industrialized we could replicate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back