• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Winged One said:
I should repost a question here too:

Would we be able to heal our Kyubey quickly enough for it to offer the woman a contract, either during our engagement with Tatsu or surviving his wrath through teleport spam?
Even if that was possible, I don't see a newbie Puella being much help in this situation.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that Rihaku said that Kyuubey can teleport himself, but not us. Or at least they never showed that capability in the show.

Winged One said:
I should repost a question here too:

Would we be able to heal our Kyubey quickly enough for it to offer the woman a contract, either during our engagement with Tatsu or surviving his wrath through teleport spam?
Are you referring to Kyubey's ability to teleport? Because we have no such power. Also, I don't think we can heal it to the point where it's capable of offering a contract; Eri is seconds from death.

Deadly Snark said:
Even if that was possible, I don't see a newbie Puella being much help in this situation.
Even if she wishes for safety or survival instead of for Tetsu to die like I'm hoping (and a wish is the only way I can see for this mythical perfect shot people are suggesting we wait for to occur), it'll still split his attention.
Orm Embar said:
Are you referring to Kyubey's ability to teleport? Because we have no such power. Also, I don't think we can heal it to the point where it's capable of offering a contract; Eri is seconds from death.
I am indeed referring to Kyubey's ability to teleport itself, and I'm asking Rihaku, not you.

Uh, Eri will be fine, just with a broken nose, if he stops attacking her.

Also Rihaku, are the stats given for Tetsuas comparison to Hitori in character on the support or combat scale? Because if that was his stats on the support scale from the only one he has any idea of then he would be a lot lower on the combat scale and people would feel a bit better on the whole speed blitz thing.

Rihaku said:
Uh, Eri will be fine, just with a broken nose, if he stops attacking her.
I could have sworn I read something about bone breaking, not just cartilage. Still, how fast can we heal our Kyubey?

Berserkslash said:
Also Rihaku, are the stats given for Tetsuas comparison to Hitori in character on the support or combat scale? Because if that was his stats on the support scale from the only one he has any idea of then he would be a lot lower on the combat scale and people would feel a bit better on the whole speed blitz thing.

He's on the combat scale.

Also, SB seems to have used up all of our vitriol for now, which is strangely relaxing.

SB is acting up for me so I'll just repost here:

It's actually not that bad. Even if it's near impossible to refill her gem completely, it won't really go down either if she's not in combat. After all, Rihaku's made it clear that 150 energy is enough to live for over a thousand years if you use it for nothing else, and Madoka's off the scale.

Furthermore, something is permakilling Incubators, sharply limiting the supply of mages and thus witches and liches. In the not-too-distant future there may not be anything to fight in Japan and if we're lucky Walpurgisnacht will go after a different country next time it awakens. It's not merely possible but likely that Madoka will live for eons.

This might well be the future of a world where Homura won.

Madoka is way too emotional to not lose lots of energy to grief from time to time, she's way too much of a bleeding heart never to use her magic to help people and there's also the possibility of her subconsciously using her derived magic.

Her sticking around for more than a decade without destroying the world is unlikely unless some active steps are taken to prevent it.

On an unrelated note, I think I recall someone suggesting a while ago to try punching Tetsu with a Silver Bullet.

While I know punching him isn't really likely to work, I can't help but think that we maybe could manage to use our newtype-perception to position ourselves and the unfired bullet in such a manner that, when Tetsu charges us, he crashes into the Silver Bullet and whatever we get hit with isn't a killing blow.

After all, his supernatural Toughness or whatever other magical effect prevents his own speed from wrecking his body shouldn't actually work on the Silver Bullet.

That said, I do realize that letting things get this far in the first place should definitely be something we want to prevent, but it seems like a nice emergency option to have and would be kind of awesome.

My current plan is to time the release of an update to the first falling-off of lag (~12 to 1 AM EST), assuming lag does fall off at that time.

Pipeman said:
SB is acting up for me so I'll just repost here:

Madoka is way too emotional to not lose lots of energy to grief from time to time, she's way too much of a bleeding heart never to use her magic to help people and there's also the possibility of her subconsciously using her derived magic.

Her sticking around for more than a decade without destroying the world is unlikely unless some active steps are taken to prevent it.

On an unrelated note, I think I recall someone suggesting a while ago to try punching Tetsu with a Silver Bullet.

While I know punching him isn't really likely to work, I can't help but think that we maybe could manage to use our newtype-perception to position ourselves and the unfired bullet in such a manner that, when Tetsu charges us, he crashes into the Silver Bullet and whatever we get hit with isn't a killing blow.

After all, his supernatural Toughness or whatever other magical effect prevents his own speed from wrecking his body shouldn't actually work on the Silver Bullet.

That said, I do realize that letting things get this far in the first place should definitely be something we want to prevent, but it seems like a nice emergency option to have and would be kind of awesome.
That would be rather interesting.

When not in combat, we wear one of our silver bullets as a pendant under our outfit and any magical attack or magically empowered attack fizzles.

The effect doesn't work until the bullet is actually fired from your weapon. It's Weapon Magic.

Rihaku said:
My current plan is to time the release of an update to the first falling-off of lag (~12 to 1 AM EST), assuming lag does fall off at that time.
Does QQ just not have a robust enough viewer base to support updates?

TheOtherSandman said:
That would be rather interesting.

When not in combat, we wear one of our silver bullets as a pendant under our outfit and any magical attack or magically empowered attack fizzles.
To be fair the Silver Bullet would still need to come into contact with the attack and a magically empowered attack might still have enough inertia to do massive damage.

Rihaku said:
The effect doesn't work until the bullet is actually fired from your weapon. It's Weapon Magic.
There goes that idea.
Was kind of fearing that anyways.

On a somewhat related note, while I'd imagine a Silver Bullet lodged in someone at least remains until the target is dead, for how long would one last after being dug out of a wound?

See? Barely an hour :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, now it's lagging for reals.

Goddamn lag, reposting my theory just in case I can't get it there.

From now on I'm referring to Hitori's derived magic as the Akashic Records. His views behind power and his armor as well as just how Incubators are, lend towards a belief to knowledge equating power. Every instance of it activating he's been granted knowledge that is perfect for his specific situation, it's a Library of Stored Knowledge, the collective source of knowledge of Humanity.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. The update goes out, and suddenly we're hit with lag?

NO, fuck no, I just lost the reaction I was writing. Mother of fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back