• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

On a slightly different note, I found this (NSFW) while surfing Gelbooru. Let's try to prevent this from happening. Or bring it about, whichever. ;)

'If processing power is the main issue, I feel I should mention that we could build a biochip with specs order of magnitude above to that of a human brain. It could record your neural pattern in full and seamlessly take over in case your frail grey matter was critically damaged during your travels, with performance much improved.'

Ponzu puts back her bee in her hat/hive.

'Did I mention that with sufficient interaction with your beehive, we could provide you regularly you with healthy, high-energy and delicious honey?'

Alert: Ponzu's brain's activities suddenly spiked. Her vitals are reminescent of a case of "the chills."

'You know what? Let's stick with the improvements we've got going right now. How long will it take for the blood change?'

'As of now, seven days, two hours and a handful of minutes.'

Ponzu shakes her head. 'The exam will be over by then.'

'Our production was kept at a subdued rate to prevent health troubles, but as your red blood cells count decreases and your blood thin, it is within our capability to significantly accelerates the process if you wish.'

"Whatever. Keep at it and then we'll see about the rest."

Ponzu is very subdued when Megumi returns, answering curtly her attempt to engage in a conversation. She turns in early but doesn't fall asleep for a long time.

Her mood doesn't improve any the next day and she spends it devouring snacks on her bed while staring blankly at the desert through the porthole.

Megumi gives her space, reading a history book silently on her side of the room.

[]Orders?

[X] Apologize for upsetting her, it was not our intent. We only wish to help.

Eh.
We are stated to be slightly unsettling no matter what we do.

Apologizing without a good roll or a good write-in to make the good roll more likely is going to do more damage than doing nothing.
For that reason I won't vote for anything in that direction unless someone actually does such a write-in.

An an unrelated note, the GM told us numerous times that the more brroken stuff is going to require an energy source of some kind.
So I'll just list all the possibilites I can think of and what I think of them:

- Chemical energy - Basically, we either optimize Ponzu's digestion and feed off of that or convince her to eat fossile fuel. Good luck with that.
- Ambient temperature - Not sure how much we'd be able to get much out of this, especially not, as body heat relies on chemical energy anyway and we'd otherwise depend on warm climates.
- Cold fusion - Would probably require us to unlock some sort of blueprints for a mini-reactor from our memory and probably need Ponzu to eat some exotic things as well
- Some other type of futuristic mini-reactor - Same really only lazier, becasue it's even more bullshit science.
- Hook ourselves up to her Nen - Nen is bullshit enough for it to work, but we'd need to research a way to do this and have Ponzu awaken her Nen first.
- Green Rocks - Convincing Ponzu to eat Green Rocks can't be harder than convincing her to drink petroleum, right?

Pipeman said:
- Chemical energy - Basically, we either optimize Ponzu's digestion and feed off of that or convince her to eat fossile fuel. Good luck with that.
Not to hard, Petrol tastes like juice.

[X] Design units to speed up Upgrades to host.
[X] Research ways to speed up Upgrades.

Not hard. Reassign some workers to a given task.

[X] Produced specialized workers to accelerate augmentation production.
[X] Optimize Ponzu's digestive tract and kidneys. All the biological material she expels might be unusable for an unmodified human, but it's entirely usable feedstock for a nanobot colony.
[X] Encourage Ponzu to become more "friendly" with her room-mate. Our information indicates that humans are unlikely to act against those whom they have had sexual relations, and she's a potentially dangerous rival. If she expresses distaste at the idea of same-sex relations, offer to tweak her brain's neurochemistry to remove this obstacle; not only would it be a good tactical idea, but it'd also double the potential pool of sexual partners, improving the chance that she'll find someone to be happy with.

nick012000 said:
[X] Produced specialized workers to accelerate augmentation production.
-Construction is what the workers are all about, there doesn't exist any units in the databank that could do their job faster than they.
-All Workers are currently working on augmentations, you'll need to reassign some to replication if you want to produce more nanites.

[X] Optimize Ponzu's digestive tract and kidneys. All the biological material she expels might be unusable for an unmodified human, but it's entirely usable feedstock for a nanobot colony.
As said in the character sheet, that is already the case. Most of Ponzu's consumption is used to fuel the augementations in progress.

Liam-don said:
-All Workers are currently working on augmentations, you'll need to reassign some to replication if you want to produce more nanites.

I think I see our problem. How much of a hit is our production rate taking right now with our aggressive, possibly over-aggressive, augmentation rate?

Could we speed up the implementation of the AUGs by returning some workers to their original work in replication or by constructing production facilities of some sort? Which would presumably increase the total workforce and therefore increase the number of workers available to work on the AUGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, then, changing my vote; the original reason I voted that way was because I misinterpreted one of the answers you gave.

[X] Optimise the ratio of nanobots responsible for various production tasks (building "factories", building more nanobots, and building augmentations) to produce augmentations as quickly as possible.
[X] Encourage Ponzu to become more "friendly" with her room-mate while she waits. Our information indicates that humans are unlikely to act against those whom they have had sexual relations, and she's a potentially dangerous rival. If she expresses distaste at the idea of same-sex relations, offer to tweak her brain's neurochemistry to remove this obstacle; not only would it be a good tactical idea, but it'd also double the potential pool of sexual partners, improving the chance that she'll find someone to be happy with.

Nick.... no... just no.

[X] Optimise the ratio of nanobots responsible for various production tasks (building "factories", building more nanobots, and building augmentations) to produce augmentations as quickly as possible.
[X] Tell host that we can weaken the taste from her foods if it's causing too much discomfort though we advise against this as it heightens the risk of food poisoning.

There is currently five different augmentations going on at the same time, four of which are honeslty so huge they should be broken down further. You'll have to give me a little more than "optimize the ratio". Do you want to favor the blood swap? Build so many workers they could virtually build the whole thing under an hour (roughly 100 trillion workers), costing roughly 75 % of availble material and dangerously close to oversaturation levels? Maybe prioritize the ribs over the big toe or the skull?

Tell me, please.

Liam-don said:
Build so many workers they could virtually build the whole thing under an hour (roughly 100 trillion workers), costing roughly 75 % of availble material and dangerously close to oversaturation levels?
If this is the fastest way to get things done, and it won't cause damage or excessive discomfort to our host, then this. If it will cause excessive discomfort without any actual damage, then ask her if she wants us to manipulate her nerves to negate the discomfort while we finish as fast as possible, to put her to sleep while we work as fast as possible, or to work as fast as we can without causing excessive amounts of discomfort (or no discomfort at all, if she wants us to spend even longer).

How many nanobots will it take to complete the bloodswap in 12 hours? how many for 24 hours?

[X] Redirect all workforce towards increasing Worker numbers to 500 billion.
- [X] Afterwards, concentrate Host Modification Efforts fully on "Tier 1 enhancement: Replacement of 100% of Host's erythrocytes with respirocytes nanites."

Carrnage said:
How many nanobots will it take to complete the bloodswap in 12 hours? how many for 24 hours?
Fifty workers create a respyrocythes each sec, provided they have the necessary raw material at their disposal. Your current goal is 3 e13 units. Can't do the math as I'm on a phone.

3.472 trillion workers for 12 hours.
Half of that for 24 hours.

On top of both comes the amount of time needed to do reach these worker numbers first.

[X] Ramp up production of workers in order to reduce time constraints- Attempt to bring the number of workers high enough to complete upgrades within 24 hours.

Replication takes 1 sec. Good luck calculating how long it'll take!

Also, do note that the current goal is far below the mark if the intent was to meet the level of endurance Nick mentioned before. That's more in the region of 6e14 units.

Edit: Actually, putting aside all the zeroes it's pretty easy. Roughly six seconds.

[x]Repriotize Nanite distrubtion. Pause Current Augmentations other than respirocyte reproduction. Split workers half in half to continue reproduction and to expand replication to 500 billion Units. Then Redistbut workers to Resprocyte reproduction.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 43, total 43[/blockquote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back