• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

[X] "Well, to begin? Improve it's oxygen absorption capabilities with artificial lungs, and reinforce it's natural carapace and wings to the tensile strength of steel. Next, we could create a relay network between it and any other members in it's hive, slaved to a main processer which we can install within your brain in order to allow you instant control of the drones. We can also enhance it's venom and venom delivery system, or replace the venom with another toxic compound- I hear Ricin is in fashion these days. Is there anything else which you want to, or would you prefer us to brainstorm further potential enhancements to the subject or subjects?"

(x) My lady, I was not aware you cohabitate with bees.
(x) In any case, better poison (paralysis? Nervous system shutdown?) faster and more durable, and make surveyor orders are understood.

I do like the idea of making the bees a nano-injector.

I get the impression more detailed is better, so plan RLDX plus plan Hymn to start and then when she reacts poorly, because she will, Plan RLDX.
X] "Well, we can make them produce significant amounts of honey regularly so you have quality food that lacks artificial preservatives. They're be an excellent source of energy in a pinch, or a delightful topping to make an unpleasant meal more palatable."
[X] "Oh you wanted combat improvements?"
[X] "Well, to begin? Improve it's oxygen absorption capabilities with artificial lungs, and reinforce it's natural carapace and wings to the tensile strength of steel. Next, we could create a relay network between it and any other members in it's hive, slaved to a main processer which we can install within your brain in order to allow you instant control of the drones. We can also enhance it's venom and venom delivery system, or replace the venom with another toxic compound- I hear Ricin is in fashion these days. Is there anything else which you want to, or would you prefer us to brainstorm further potential enhancements to the subject or subjects?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Shouldn't we be able to dull her senses temporarily as well by intercepting and changing the signals back to their original states?

[X] "Well, we can make them produce significant amounts of honey regularly so you have quality food that lacks artificial preservatives. They're be an excellent source of energy in a pinch, or a delightful topping to make an unpleasant meal more palatable."

[X] Plan SolipsistSerpent

[embed=425,349]www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MqTCIDKhU[/embed]

X] "Well, we can make them produce significant amounts of honey regularly so you have quality food that lacks artificial preservatives. They're be an excellent source of energy in a pinch, or a delightful topping to make an unpleasant meal more palatable."

Ponzu shakes her head. " I can't micromanage a swarm in flight. And killing people is the sort of things that gets you noticed. I'm not much of a fighter, what I'm looking for is ways to increase those kids' health and lifespan, and maybe use them as recon drones. What can you do for that?"

Liam-don said:
Ponzu shakes her head. " I can't micromanage a swarm in flight. And killing people is the sort of things that gets you noticed. I'm not much of a fighter, what I'm looking for is ways to increase those kids' health and lifespan, and maybe use them as recon drones. What can you do for that?"
"We can do the same sorts of things that we're doing for you to increase their health and lifespan, along with doing things like re-engineering their stingers to remain intact rather than pulling out and killing the bee after a single sting. As for non-lethal, we can do that; there's a wide variety of substances we can engineer them to inject, from tranquilizers to hallucinogens to forces of our nanobots. As for coordination, we could take over the micromanagement while taking feeding you information on the HUD, or we could build you cybernetic brain prosthetics to enhance your intelligence and multitasking capabilities; this latter would have the added benefit of producing a backup of your mind in a much less squishy form, allowing you to survive the destruction of your biological brain."

[X] Nick
[X]"Well, we can make them produce significant amounts of honey regularly so you have quality food that lacks artificial preservatives. They're be an excellent source of energy in a pinch, or a delightful topping to make an unpleasant meal more palatable."

And then Ponzu was a Gourmet Hunter.

[X] Long range, and easier to translate, instant communications for scouting. Either from internal nanite comms, or building a bee-sized receiver and broadcaster.

[X] Nanites inserted into them in, as a semi-permanent assignment to perform repairs, and the above scouting, observing, and relaying of data.

[X] Replace or reinforce parts of their bodies, like the wings, with carbon nanotubes, plastics, or other polymers. Significant increase in durability and probably maneuverability as well.

Denser metals would just weigh them down in flight, but there are several materials that are significantly lighter, tougher, and more flex-resilient than a bee's default composition.

Even if we can only give them a talking range of a few meters, that's still a pretty major improvement over however Ponzu is currently using them. "What's on the other side of this door," is a question many people would often want answered.

Guile said:
And then Ponzu was a Gourmet Hunter.
Naw, too restrictive. Ponzu has plans. Great Plans.

Probably.
useless101 said:
[X] Long range, and easier to translate, instant communications for scouting. Either from internal nanite comms, or building a bee-sized receiver and broadcaster.
Nanites comm range is 2m. You'll need a relay of some sort to broadcast farther than that.

[X] Long range, and easier to translate, instant communications for scouting. from building a bee-sized receiver and broadcaster.
[X] Nanites inserted into them in, as a semi-permanent assignment to perform repairs, and the above scouting, observing, and relaying of data.
[X] Replace or reinforce parts of their bodies, like the wings, with carbon nanotubes, plastics, or other polymers. Significant increase in durability and probably maneuverability as well.
[X] We could replace their Venom with other non-lethal substances such as sedatives, or hallucinogenics if you want a distraction.
[X] We could increase their intelligence to allow them to grasp more complex commands, possibly implementing a hive mind linked to the nanites.
[X] If we get access to the queen we could increase their population by decreasing gestation time and removing any vestigial parts of their development.
[X] With some modifications like modified legs and wings we could use them to construct larger objects though the limited numbers will hamper the construction of anything large.

Liam-don said:
Probably.Nanites comm range is 2m. You'll need a relay of some sort to broadcast farther than that.
Like another bee? Just put one every two meters.... Bees are small and prevalent enough that being spaced that widely shouldn't draw attention unless they all hover in the air in a perfect line or something silly like that.

Admittedly this has become short, rather than long range communication, since even several hundred bees won't get a full kilometer, but it's much better than not being able to communicate with them.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 25, total 25[/blockquote]

Auuuu!

1, 5, 25 is a message from the dice.

Know what? Gimme another dice roll. D100

Liam-don said:
Don't give in to their peer pressure, Liam!

Before you know it, they'll want Prime Numbers to be lucky rolls, too!

Also, I would roll, but I can't remember how.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84[/blockquote]

Guile said:
Don't give in to their peer pressure, Liam!

Before you know it, they'll want Prime Numbers to be lucky rolls, too!

Also, I would roll, but I can't remember how.

dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84
Don't worry, PC tyranny won't pass!

After going over the winning option, I just felt another roll was needed.

Anyway, writing. This update shouldn't take much time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back