• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

[X] Change personality pack to elegant older women.
[X] You know you will have a better trip, if you establish a friendship with her.

[X] "Would ya really like me to lass? How about this?"
- - [X] Engage In personality Bundle Honorable Female King Arthuria.exe
- - - - [X] "Milady I do suggest caution. Subject Megumi's projected threat level is high. Her stance is far to casual with that blade while lacking a novices incaution. I do not advise atagonization however. Ms. Megumi seems open to overtures of 'friendship'. Move forward with that. Maybe by talking about the Hunter Exam and projected career paths?

Last edited by a moderator:
- - - - [X] "Milady I do suggest caution. Subject Megumi's projected threat level is high. Her stance is far to casual with that blade while lacking a novices incaution. I do not advise atagonization however. Ms. Megumi seems open to overtures of 'friendship'. Move forward with that. Maybe by talking about the Hunter Exam and projected career paths?

[X] Stick with current personality bundle

I just thought of something. NO matter how hard one trains the organs of the body can't be toughened and thus are always vulnerable. That's not much of a problem for us who can do things like add protective shells to them.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
I just thought of something. NO matter how hard one trains the organs of the body can't be toughened and thus are always vulnerable. That's not much of a problem for us who can do things like add protective shells to them.
Meh we can Replace her Organs. Like right now we could remove her Liver and Intestines with no problem.

Why do the nanos have Xander as a primary personality? Nothing else would look so fondly upon the Twinkies.

Ardion Prosili said:
Why do the nanos have Xander as a primary personality? Nothing else would look so fondly upon the Twinkies.
well according to this one Fanficchoon I read Xander is an immortal

No... just no.

I suspect that it's a Persona Corruption. Hence why switch User Interface and PURGE the corruption clean.

Wonder if we can swing Akisame Kōetsuji. A lot more accomodating, calmer and wiser than Connery, and still crazy enough to give her some personality buffering before the Exams.

Liam has outright said in IRC that regardless of personality, we're going to remain somewhat... Off.

So if you're basing your vote on the fact that the character seems too kooky.... ^^

Jans said:
Wonder if we can swing Akisame Kōetsuji. A lot more accomodating, calmer and wiser than Connery, and still crazy enough to give her some personality buffering before the Exams.
That...works.
Guys.
Lets do it.
Guys.
Guuuuuys.
You know you want to, lets do it guys.
Guys. Lets do it.
Lets be the Jujutsu Man.
:p

Vindictus said:
Liam has outright said in IRC that regardless of personality, we're going to remain somewhat... Off.

So if you're basing your vote on the fact that the character seems too kooky.... ^^

Oh lord no. Akisame is mad as a hatter. Kookiness is actually a good thing in this situation, as HxH isn't exactly the sanest of worlds.

She just seems to find Connery a bit... annoying? Intimidating?

No need to switch without further data, I'm just throwing the idea out there.

I'd rather have a Maito Gai personality. If we're always going to be off, we might as well do it right.

Random thought: since it seems we can edit what she hears, can we do the same thing for what she sees? How feasible would giving her a HUD be?

Oh, I was just mentioning, since it seems lots of people want to switch from Connery to Arturia.

Torgamous said:
I'd rather have a Maito Gai personality. If we're always going to be off, we might as well do it right.

Random thought: since it seems we can edit what she hears, can we do the same thing for what she sees? How feasible would giving her a HUD be?
Sure, so long as you tell me how you'll do it.

Ardion Prosili said:
Connery can't get enough of them either.

I read it somewhere on the Internet, so it must be true!

Bloodshifter said:
Meh we can Replace her Organs. Like right now we could remove her Liver and Intestines with no problem.
Yeah well, Ponzu is rather fond of her organs so I wouldn't outright say "no problem."

Speaking of organs, Ponzu said to keep the adrenal thing in reserve right? Is her standard delivery system adequate for the job or would specialized production of "combat drugs" and/or the organs to distribute them be a marked improvement?

*Is kinda thinking that's tacit approval to make sure she can react like a weasel on crack if needed.*

Liam-don said:
Sure, so long as you tell me how you'll do it.

Targeting recital for when she is wielding a weapon.
Outline of her body in the upper left in green. The more damaged a body part is the more red it becomes.
Stamina bar to represent her ability to just keep going measured by the amount of stored energy she contains.
Digital clock at the top right above a direction finder.
Small compass could maybe get installed or something for the direction finder.
Upper right has a space for status information like poisoned or drugged or what not.

Fellgar said:
Targeting recital for when she is wielding a weapon.
Outline of her body in the upper left in green. The more damaged a body part is the more red it becomes.
Stamina bar to represent her ability to just keep going measured by the amount of stored energy she contains.
Digital clock at the top right above a direction finder.
Small compass could maybe get installed or something for the direction finder.
Upper right has a space for status information like poisoned or drugged or what not.
So she's playing Call of Duty?

Jans said:
Speaking of organs, Ponzu said to keep the adrenal thing in reserve right? Is her standard delivery system adequate for the job or would specialized production of "combat drugs" and/or the organs to distribute them be a marked improvement?

*Is kinda thinking that's tacit approval to make sure she can react like a weasel on crack if needed.*
It kinda is. This isn't the first Hunter Exam Ponzu goes to so she knows what she's getting into. Short bouts of hyperawareness and/or super reflexes are the sort of things that could save her life.

Both stimulating the adrenal gland to release nor-epi or create specialized "Stim" units are possible. First one is less effective because your command will be suppressed past the level where it could cause dysfunctionment. Second one is pretty much bullet time in a can, but could cause long-term side effects including and not limited to insomnia, weight loss, mania/hypomania, seizures, paranoiac hallucinations, internal hemorrhaging, and cerebral deterioration. And that's when dispensed in moderate, controlled doses.

'If I'm not to your taste, lass, we'll try something else.'

Loading "repressed_noblewoman" Personality bundle.

Neural connection: "Ah!" Megumi backs off. "I'm sorry, I'm being too forward."

'Mistress, this girl is a possible threat to our health. Responding favorably to her social overtures should make decrease the chance of her acting against us.'

'... Your timing sucks, but you have a point.'

Ponzu smiles and moves into the room. "Don't sweat it, it's fine. Why'd you ask about the Hunter Exam?"

"Because there's all those gruff people aboard, many with their on weapons," she say as she drops on her bed. She raises her fist in front of her and continues passionately. "They all looked on edge and at the same time, spoiling for a fight. That's exactly what I expected of a Hunter gathering!"

'Indeed, a great many we came across on this train looked to be of the disreputable sort. From that perspective, lodging with this young miss may have been a stroke of luck.'

'Were they? Not much of a surprise so close of the Exam's location but I wasn't paying much attention to them.'

'They had the good sense to stay away, so I didn't feel the need to warn you about them'

Ponzu drops her stuff beside her bed, carefully sets down her hat on the nightstand and lay down lazily. 'Doesn't matter, only small fries waste their energy putting on air so soon in the game. They won't even get to the starting line.' She glances at her prospective roommate gingerly. " I'm telling you right now, I'm not looking for a fight."

Megumi shakes her head frantically."That's not what I meant! All these people are mean looking and a lot older than me and I'm not sure how to talk to them," she admits in a rush. "But if it was with a girl my age, I'm sure it'd be fun!" She declares eagerly, eyes shining with hope.

Ponzu shrugs "Sure."

Megumi's eyes light up. "So you're participating to the Hunter exam too?"

"Third time. And you're a rookie, right?"

Megumi nods eagerly.

The conversation picks up from there. Megumi is from an island nation nearly on the other side of the world. She'd had planned to make a beeline for Zaban by plane, but was very surprised when she learned that every intercontinental flight was cancelled for a about a month.

Ponzu conforms her suspicion. "Because of the Exam. Each year, there's tens of thousands of applicants for the Exam, way too many for the organizer to work with, so they make getting there the first challenge. They don't actually keep the plane on the ground, but from the moment you send your application, you can be sure no plane landing within 300 miles of the exam's location will let you on."

"It was quite an ordeal." Megumi grumbles with a pout.

"Believe me, I know." Ponzu assures as she cracks opens a pack of snacks. "Still, getting there is the easy part. Make no mistake, if you're not ready for the exam, you will die." She takes a mouthful, and almost chokes over it. 'Salty!'

'We have improved your tastebuds sensitivity significantly. You will enjoy the taste of your meal more fully now."

Ponzu buries her face in her bed. 'Enjoy my ass, This is almost inedible. And there's this weird bleach aftertaste.'

'Most likely, you are detecting the minute taste of artificial additives. How wonderful.'

'It's not your tongue that asking for a swift death!'

'I see. There is no choice then, in the future, we will have to take the time to find sustenance of the highest quality.' Somehow, the disembodied personality manages to communicate a nod. 'Wherever we go, we shall endeavour to find fresh products. Surely, there must be many regional specialties worth investigating. We shall do it to the fullest, ideally tracking down venerable artisan who never compromise with taste, crafting their food using age olds traditions.'

'This doesn't help me with the ton of crap you've just made me buy, does it?'

'Or maybe, the young ambitious chefs, riding the crest of a new wave of fine cuisine, seeking to innovate with a mix of cutting edge cooking technologies and the introduction of rare, exotic ingredients.'

'Don't mind me, girl. You're only slobbering all over my neurons.'

There is a wistful sigh. 'Truly, the kitchen world is of endless depth.'

"Ponzu-san?"

The green-haired girl's head snaps up. "Want some?"

Megumi nods and the whole pack is tossed on her bed.

"Enjoy," Ponzu grunts. Anyway, what was I saying... Oh yeah, the Exam. A lot less friendly that being stuck using the less-traveled roads, believe me."

Ponzu launches herself in the tale of last year's exam, which took place on northernmost continent. If the beginning is a matter of solving a mildly difficult puzzle, which still cuts the number of participants by half, the story rapidly turn in treks on the tundra with packs of dire wolves on their heel, battles on thin ice bridges above the raging ocean, treasure hunt in the middle of ruins of ancient civilization which led to a swim upstream through an icy and dark river filled with predators.

Megumi perks up further at this. She fires questions with starry eyes and a mouth half full. "How-mm- old were the ruins? 2000 -munch-years? 3000 years? Were there -gulp- calendars to the apocalypse engraved in the rocks? Did you have to go through a forest of swinging blades?" Escape from a giant boulder in a narrow tunnel? Fight off gigantic dinosaurs?"

"Interested in old rocks?"

Megumi nods fiercely, raised fists shaking with excitement. "Yes! I'm planning on becoming a Ruin Hunter! Ancient Civilizations are my great passion since I was a child. What about you, Ponzu-san? What sort of Hunter do you want to be?"

Ponzu smirks. "Wanna know?"

"Yes!"

"Not telling ya." Ponzu snarks.

Megumi starts in suprise. "Why not?" she asks with a pout.

"Ask me again if you make it to the Exam."

Before Megumi can complain further, A loud hron blows through the ship. "We're leaving!" Megumi jumps to her feet. "Ponzu-san, I'm going to the lobby passageway to see our departure. Do you want to come?"

Ponzu. "I'll pass."

"Later then!" She says as she jumps out of the room.

A few mintues later, Ponzu speaks up again. "Hey, SEAN."

"Mylady?"

Ponzu lightly taps her hat, and a faint buzzing emanates from it in answer. The surface of the large hat bends and a bee flies out of it, the hat returning to his original shapes immediately. Ponzu raises a finger and the flying insect lands on it. "What could you do to improve this kid?"

Suggestions?

--------
*Liam-don passes out.*

[X] Turn her hair white at how we can improve the BEE'S!!!!!!

[X] "Well, to begin? Improve it's oxygen absorption capabilities with artificial lungs, and reinforce it's natural carapace and wings to the tensile strength of steel. Next, we could create a relay network between it and any other members in it's hive, slaved to a main processer which we can install within your brain in order to allow you instant control of the drones. We can also enhance it's venom and venom delivery system, or replace the venom with another toxic compound- I hear Ricin is in fashion these days. Is there anything else which you want to, or would you prefer us to brainstorm further potential enhancements to the subject or subjects?"

[X] "Well, we can make them produce significant amounts of honey regularly so you have quality food that lacks artificial preservatives. They're be an excellent source of energy in a pinch, or a delightful topping to make an unpleasant meal more palatable."

Most critically, they are our new nanite delivery system. Not sure we want to tell Ponzu that though.

[X] "Extremely effective long term poison, that can be triggered at will." Is all I'd tell her about that. It's true in a way. As long as we can maintain communication with the nanites inserted in other bodies in this fashion.

[X] Produce a miniaturized version, with the stinger removed, as well as any unneeded organs, for maximum stealth in scouting.

How capable of long range comms are we anyway?

useless101 said:
How capable of long range comms are we anyway?

If it follows the pattern? As capable as we are of explaining the comms OOC.

More seriously, I think a bee is large enough to use as a mobile com center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back