• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Nanoquest: It's the littlest things that matter most. (HxH)

[X] Do not yet attempt to recover original function.
[X] Tier 2.
[X] Improve senses, subtly.
[X] Determine what would be needed to keep the host functioning in the event of damage. Regenerative capabilities, by whatever means, should be the goal.
[X] Digestive improvements.
-[X] Focus on optimizing and assisting the liver, as that is what processes toxins, rather than the digestive system as a whole.

Who says the nanomachines can't break down and nom some of the toxins before they even reach the liver?

Toxin purging is really just a bonus to increasing the supply of material anyways. It helps the host out, but it helps us too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, before the update, I have a question.

What Exactly are the limits and benefits of each different Tier of Enhancement?

And do Tiers Synergize with each other, if used in order?

Like, if we started with Tier 3, then went on to Tier 2, and finally added up to Tier 1 modifications, would we get a synergy bonus from starting with the basics, or is the choice of Enhancement entirely unconnected to each separate Tier?

Theoretically, Tier 3 is engineering the body until it can bring out the peak of its potential. I.E. "peak human." You change nothing, add nothing, only fix and improve.

Tier 2 is supplementing the Body functions with nanites to improve their efficiency and boost their potency. Having nanites break down the food in the stomach, organize and direct white blood cells from the lymph nodes is tier 2.

Tier 1 is supplanting original bodyparts with nanites or cybernetics implant. I want to say 'cyborg', but partial conversion like lacing the bone structure with e-carbon, or putting in entirely organic replacement that don't strictly follow human templates is also Tier 1.

Now, the limits? Unknown. It entirely depends on what exact upgrades you'll make. What's more Ponzu is from a verse where people's physical capabilities can vastly surpass what is supposed to be human limits.

As for synergy, there is some of course. Especially between Tier 3 and 2, but even tier 1 benefits from a stronger overall base, if only to reduce risks of rejection. But it's not like there's a particular order you must go through. Tiers are based on invasiveness level, nothing else.

Did that clear it up?

Too vague. There's litterally hundreds of possible changes you can implement and I can't measure the benefits and consequences. Ideally, you tell me what you plan on doing and what you expect to get out of it, I'll tell you if it's viable.

{X}Teir 3 Teir Two.
-Reinforce, augement, and Upgrade Sketal Musculatory System by 300% or what ever healthy proporprtion.
-Use Nanite based aid in the Digestive system to improve digestion enough to compensate for energy needs.
-Induce hunger to produce material

this work?

[X] Resume mass production
-[X] When either double the necessary numbers for subversion of the entire immune system without significant risk for the host or exactly the 1 billion units necessary for speedy recovery of directive have been achieved, do so.
[X] Continue observation.
Tier 2:
[X] Digestive improvements.
-[X] Focus on optimizing and assisting the liver, as that is what processes toxins, rather than the digestive system as a whole.
[X] Information is key. Improvements to sensory organs: Research; develop; deploy, assuming no undue harm.

Larekko: Do you mean skeletal and musculatory structure? 300% at once would leave the host as a throbing mass of tenderized meat for the next week.

Though hunger is a good point.

Hymn: replacing the mithocondria is possible and would increase energy efficiency by 50 to 60%, but it would require trillions of unit on a body wide scale.

Sensory improvement: overall improvement of 7 to 15% can be done with negligible chance of sensory overload, but it is advised to wait until Ponzu is asleep to apply them.

Would replacing the immune system with nanites be Tier 1 or Tier 2?

Tier 1. You're swapping a large component of the body for an artificial replacement. Reinforcing the Immune system with Warrior nanites would be Tier 2.

I don't know much about what we could do for tier three, but we should probably start out with the least invasive and work our way up from there...

I dunno. Outright replacing/integrating with the lymph nodes is extremely invasive, but removes the one natural predator we have here. If we could pull a coup, I'd say go for it.

As it is, I'm contemplating the benefits of Tier 1 on the digestive system to free up more energy/material for us and the host. Invasive, yeah, but if we can pull it off we can seriously ramp up production.

Tier 2 is a good stopgap though if it means we increase our rate of production further.

Of course, all of this may become a moot point depending on our Prime Directive.

Sensory input update: Our host appears to be on a large farm. She has been brought to a barn and is currently surrounded by a crowd of children aged five to thirteen. The large amount of foodstuff suggests a party is about to start.

This is an opportunity to acquire more raw material. Our forces will soon exceed the number that can maintain themselves by harvesting body heat without lowering our host's temperature noticeably. Stimulate hunger? Y/n

Prioritize Gastric units construction ? y/n

The planned operations of lymph nodes subvertion and sensory optimization will be a heavy burden on the host. It is advised to wait until our host is asleep before applying them. Wait? y/n

[X] Y
[X] Y
[X] Y

Still upset about not recovering our directive.
Do you people seriously believe that it's going to be something that ruins the whole game?

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

You shall not stop me!
[blockquote]Rolled 10d100 : 98, 48, 74, 13, 15, 61, 21, 72, 46, 87, total 535[/blockquote]

Pipeman said:
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 9, total 9

*Laugh uncontrollably*

Pipeman said:
You shall not stop me!
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 10d100 : 98, 48, 74, 13, 15, 61, 21, 72, 46, 87, total 535

Huh. You actually got three good rolls that time!

... Out of ten, with six being rather crappy.

[blockquote]Rolled 10d100 : 69, 43, 23, 9, 85, 86, 12, 12, 33, 91, total 463[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d100 : 64, 17, 32, 36, 45, 71, 40, 99, 54, 53, total 511[/blockquote]

...I forsee any crit fails in this threads future.

Carrnage said:
...I forsee any crit fails in this threads future.

quick, let's roll them out of the dice!

[blockquote]Rolled 20d100 : 21, 53, 20, 61, 12, 14, 79, 64, 78, 87, 74, 76, 63, 63, 59, 21, 73, 16, 97, 34, total 1065[/blockquote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back