• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

[X] "A strong dream. I think I want to help you achieve it."

Dio is the kind of guy who'll eventually have to reveal that he's not nice. His pride won't let him be something he's not forever.

But he's also quite capable of playing second fiddle until he feels strong enough to strike out on his own.

Or at least only sabotaging the people around him a little until the time comes.

Okay, 'little' by Dio's standards, but he keeps a lid on it.

So we'll need to have significant personal power by that point. Enough so that the rest of the village/country/world will put up with us rather than fight us directly, or at least won't succeed in killing us.

Personal power being both that which we are capable of, and what any intrinsically loyal minions are capable of.

A canon example of someone pulling this off would be the Yondaime Mizukage, Yagura.

Actually that's a good goal: Outdo Yagura. Only with the dead people being whoever doesn't bow down to us.

Before reaching that point, however, it'd probably be a good idea to show something resembling the Will of Fire.

We could let it be known we wish to be Hokage and protect the village, but it might be better to underplay it.

The Joestar Shikamaru here gives us an opportunity to have a stalking horse. We support his rise to Hokage-hood as his right hand man. He's clearly smart enough to pull it off if he's talking with us on something resembling an even footing at this age.

The point being that someone whose ambition is to support a friend's bid to be leader is less of an existential threat than one who wants to be the boss themselves.

If he becomes loyal to us in turn, then that's not any worse than being Hokage ourselves, with less paperwork.

If he isn't willing to do what we want, well, the Hokage's best friend taking over after his death and declaring war on those people from (insert name of random nation Dio wants to conquer) who so clearly had him assassinated would be perfectly natural.

[x] "A strong dream. I think I want to help you achieve it."

Meh, I'd support it, if only to see the sheer horror in his eyes when our inevitable betrayal comes to light. The look of realization that your longtime and perhaps, closest, friend has been using you ever since you were children for his own goals, and considers you nothing more than a tool shall be delicious.

He'll be our very own Garma Zabi!

A Ghost Town

Ronall said:
Oi.

115518.jpg

If you kids can't keep your hands to yourselves, I'm gonna turn this thread around, and there'll be no Cape Canaveral for anybody.

[X] A strong dream. However, I aim far higher: what I want...if for the world to become Heaven."
-[X] Your Heaven. A place where everything is perfect, because it revolves around you and only you; where people are united in their worship of you; where death is an unknown because you will strip your subjects of their mortal bodies, so they can continue their service to you forever.
--[X] Your Heaven.

If this isn't Dio-like, I don't know what it is. Ultimately, Dio and Pucci's Heaven wasn't the same.

[X] A strong dream. However, I aim far higher: what I want...if for the world to become Heaven."
-[X] Your Heaven. A place where everything is perfect, because it revolves around you and only you; where people are united in their worship of you; where death is an unknown because you will strip your subjects of their mortal bodies, so they can continue their service to you forever.
--[X] Your Heaven.

If this isn't Dio-like, I don't know what it is. Ultimately, Dio and Pucci's Heaven wasn't the same.

--[X] Your Heaven.

--[X] Your Heaven.

--[X] Your Heaven.

[X] "A strong dream. I think I want to help you achieve it."

[X] It was all meant to be

"You wish to be Hokage?" you inquire, ideas blossoming in your mind by the hundreds.

Shikamaru nods. "I want to stand over the village and keep everyone safe."

"A strong dream," you praise him, privately amused at his naïveté. Despite his solemn disposition, he's still a normal child. You remember your own youthful desire to be a nobleman, and your wide-eyed conviction that mere material wealth and a title could make your life all you wanted it to be.

Heh. But perhaps you are a child yourself, still. You've merely expanded the breadth of your dreaming.

"I think I want to help you achieve it," you declare.

The boy smirks. "There's no money in it for you."

You frown, disappointed that he would be so gauche. "Don't speak of money, Shikamaru. We're friends."

The smirk becomes a genuine smile. "Just thought I ought to warn you."

It's as close to a thank you as you're likely to get. Honestly, what a rude child.

=

A few weeks later, you withdraw your complaint. Shikamaru may be rude, but now that you know what kind of company he normally keeps, you see that it is not entirely his fault.

"No, Shika, you have to run around too or it's not playing Ninja~!"

Yamanaka Ino has a voice like a noonday whistle and the disposition of an overly-indulged puppy. Nothing about her carriage suggests femininity in the slightest; if it weren't for the entirely impractical skirts her mother dresses her in you would never suspect she was a girl at all.

"Can't I just be the Daimyo?" Shikamaru asks wearily, reluctantly laying down the book he's been looking at.

"No!" The little dictator stomps her foot. "The daimyo is boring and lazy! Play with me for real!"

You have no idea why Shikamaru's parents expect him to play with a girl, even one as rough as Ino, but the relationship cannot proceed in this manner; it's intolerable.

[X] "We're already playing a game. It's called the Quiet Game. If you talk, you lose."

[X] "Go away. You are loud and annoying."

[X] Well, how hard can it be to manipulate a three-year-old girl? "We can play another game. It's called Beauty Salon. We'll be the customers and you'll be the hair dresser and makeup artist."

[X] Well, how hard can it be to manipulate a three-year-old girl? "We can play another game. It's called Beauty Salon. We'll be the customers and you'll be the hair dresser and makeup artist."

And it was at that moment that Shika realized- Naruto was the worst best friend ever.

Revenge and a chance to look fabulous.

Anything that makes Ino more Victorian would be appreciated but I'm sorry, there is no way a three-year-old will be able to match Dio's exacting standards of beauty.

Do you think hair like his just happens?

[X] "I have a better idea for a game. It's like 'Ninja', but not quite. It's called 'Vampires'..."
First we hide, then she tries to find us while we stalk her from the shadows.

[X] Ah but you are wrong he is doing exactly what a ninja would do... he is disguising himself as a lazy daimyo in order to make you feel a false sense of security untill he strikes.

Reactions: Dio

I thought that the write in option had more votes, what happenned?

How hard can it be to manipulate a three year old girl?

Well if those aren't someone's famous last words....

And just as well write-in didn't win. Good for an internal goal, but the delusions of grandeur publicly stated? That seems to be tipping our hand a tad much there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
How hard can it be to manipulate a three year old girl?

Well if those aren't someone's famous last words....
Well, better that we find out now rather than later.

I think what he's saying is more 'Better to find out we aren't the best at manipulating everyone ever NOW, instead of when there are worse things at stake than how we play with our 'peers' '.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hang on. You want us to live and rule forever, and yet you want us to profess a death wish?
I think overmind just wants Dio to accept Ino as his lord and savior superior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back