• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

[X] building up your strength with taijutsu training and other exercise.

[X] learning to read kanji to the extent that you can start reading history books and get some sense of where on earth you are.

Guile said:
I can't decide between taking time for Bat or Owl.

On the one hand, Bat is admirably free with what some might call 'child abuse' but that we could call 'great'. On the other, Dio does not allow someone to ignore his existence.
What makes the decision hard for me is that Bat may or may not be a member of ROOT, which could lead to all kinds of fun.

Pipeman said:
What makes the decision hard for me is that Bat may or may not be a member of ROOT, which could lead to all kinds of fun.

Huh. That would make sense.

Gotta admit, that could be really entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] spending time with Bat.
[X] spending time with Owl. Why does she avoid you, after all?

[X] slowly driving Utako insane.

[X] spending time with Raccoon.
[X] building your relationships with Shikamaru and his friends.

[X] spending time with Bat.

[X] learning to read kanji to the extent that you can start reading history books and get some sense of where on earth you are.

nightblade said:
I like how Shikamaru's Posing is already C.

He learned from the best.

Now, an honest question- Should we begin to groom Ino as our personal Hairdresser/Makeup Artist? Obviously, we could do it ourselves, but having someone else to do it for us... Just another sign of how much better we are than the common rabble.

Vindictus said:
He learned from the best.

Now, an honest question- Should we begin to groom Ino as our personal Hairdresser/Makeup Artist? Obviously, we could do it ourselves, but having someone else to do it for us... Just another sign of how much better we are than the common rabble.
Well considering that was when she was that her playing 'beauty salon' was when she caused the least amount of annoyance, We, Dio should consider it, especially since it sounds like this won't be her only appearance.
With enough training, one day she might even be worthy of grooming us, and not just having Us, Dio, indulging her to minimize an annoyance.

I love how Shikamaru's mom was labelled as a harridan, and find it hilarious that the only female is the least fabulous amongst a group of kids, then again, this is Jojo.

Ronall said:
I love how Shikamaru's mom was labelled as a harridan, and find it hilarious that the only female is the least fabulous amongst a group of kids, then again, this is Jojo.
With our help, that can change.

Reach for the stars, Ino.

[X] Since some people voted for three and we ended up with a tie anyway, I'll let you have an extra. Be grateful!

... your long term plans and hopes to regain the entirety of what you have lost are dashed.

As it turns out, barring a conspiracy of a breadth that appears to be entirely beyond the means of these ninja to perpetuate, you are no longer on Earth as you know it at all.

The map of the world in the library could quite possibly be a fake, meant to maintain social control, but when you performed Eratosthenes' famous experiment, as covertly as you could manage, and did some quick mental calculations, you found to your despair that the planet on which you now stand is smaller than Earth by a slight but nonetheless significant margin. You cursed yourself for not thinking to attempt this earlier, and for trusting in the superficial similarities between the constellations in this world and your home.

Your disappointment and rage at this turn of events fuels a greater viciousness and determination in your taijutsu training. You know this much, at least; if Minato could see you with The World in effect, then high-level shinobi must either have Stands themselves or be capable of feats that permit them to interact with the underlying properties of reality, such as time and space. Which means that eventually, when you achieve the highest possible level of skill, you may be capable of transcending this world entirely and returning to your reality of origin - or better still, to ascend to 'Heaven'.

Hence, a renewed determination to master the martial arts of this village.

Bat is only too willing to offer additional training and advice. Her complete lack of sentiment regarding what is appropriate to tell a child and what is not is in refreshing contrast to Yoshino's inevitably futile attempts to paint her son's future profession as a noble one. Though Bat does nothing so blunt as inform you of genin casualty rates at the front or of the kidnapping attempt on the Hyuuga heiress that comes at the close of the war, she has done nothing to hide from you the level of accomplishment you are expected to attain. Every dirty trick you throw at her prompts only nods of approval or corrections that make your movements more vicious, more perfect in their efforts to cause pain or to deceive. She gives you a full set of field-standard kunai and shuriken for your fourth birthday (over Utako and Raccoon's protests), offering no admonishments to be careful beyond, "Find a secluded place to practice with them."

Her only real complaint is your enthusiasm for the work. Paradoxically, she encourages you to excel and seems almost proud of your improvement, but admonishes you constantly against deriving too much personal satisfaction from fighting.

"Adding an unnecessary emotional component to a mission will compromise your effectiveness and potentially lead you to an early, wasted death."

It's nearly a mania of hers, to the point where you wonder with considerable amusement which of you she's trying to convince; while your fights with her are no less cold and mechanical than they were when she first began to teach you, her brief moments of social interaction and verbal instruction have steadily grown in both their frequency and length.

You wonder if such absurd sentiments are common among ninja. It is true, your emotional connection to Jonathan and by extension his descendants twice played a central role in the events that led to your downfall, but that is a testament to their strength, not your weakness. The emotional connection would not have existed without that strength, that innate ability to stand against all odds and triumph. If anything, it is obvious - a blow to your pride, but obvious nonetheless - that you would not have even a quarter the strength of character and mind you now possess if Jojo had not been your ever-present opposite number. You cannot regret that.

Shikamaru learns to read even faster than you do, which would be more annoying if he didn't have an ever-growing library that he is more than willing to share. He shows little interest in the more physical pursuits of the other boys in the neighbourhood, preferring a game his father recently began teaching him called 'shogi'. It's similar enough to chess that you pick it up quickly, and in a pleasant surprise Shikamaru turns out to be rather good at it.

This seemingly innocuous state of affairs, along with his willingness to tolerate Ino and the fact that he's continued to braid his hair rather than keep it in its former, less refined style, earns your friend the title of 'sissy'. He doesn't seem terribly bothered by the designation, but one or two civilian-born boys end up with bloody noses for failing to heed his warnings not to pick a fight with him.

"No, Mom, I'm not going to apologize. I already told him three times not to mess with me. When I have to repeat something that should only have to be said once, it means the person I'm speaking to is an idiot. I'm not sorry that I forced an idiot to reconsider being an idiot."

Shikamaru is grounded for a week despite his frankly flawless logic.

Ino continues to be a bubbly annoyance, but she no longer appears to be on her way to becoming a shrew; amazing how high expectations and a little attention can even out a woman's temperament. She resents the love of books you and Shikamaru share at first, but Shikamaru takes to teaching her her hiragana, and eventually she acquires the ability to sit still for longer than ten minutes at a time. She might make a civilized human being yet.

There is, however, still the matter of Chouji.

The Akimichi clan's very existence baffles you at first. A single fat ninja, you could understand; exceptional individuals exist in all sizes. But an entire family who have built all their techniques around being plump verges on the farcical.

The future sixteenth head of the clan is a thoroughly ordinary boy of a shy disposition, and he simply will not do. Certainly he would make an acceptable underling, if what Shikamaru tells you of the Akimichi chakra-conversion abilities is true, but as company he leaves much to be desired. Already four and still struggling with forming full sentences... he reminds you of the boys the older lads used to goad into pulling their pranks for them, dangling the promise of entry into their gangs before the poor sods like a carrot before a mule in a vaudeville routine.

He is, in essence, a nonentity, and you cannot fathom for the life of you what Shikamaru sees in him.

You never treat him with anything less than politeness, of course, but your mind is already considering ways to minimize and, if necessary, eliminate his presence.

[X] Brainstorm away.

=

The Sandaime's visits grow more frequent after the war with Kumo ends. As he comes to realize the extent of your brilliance and engages in proper conversations with you, you discover that the old man is himself no intellectual lightweight. One would hope not, of course, considering his position, but politicians did not change in the slightest from your boyhood in the East End to your final days in Cairo, so you did not trust to hope that they would differ from world to world. You find yourself, to your surprise, genuinely interested in what the man has to say, and begin asking him about the nature of ninjutsu theory and other topics you can't research on your own. He turns out to be a veritable fount of information.

You are much less surprised when you discover later that Sarutobi Hiruzen's nickname is The Professor.

After a particularly engaging chat about the fundamental distinction between the type of energy exchange necessary to perform the Kawarimi and the manner of energy used to enhance a person's speed for the Shunshin (when your icecream has begun to melt down your hand at your neglect and the old man has given you a paper handkerchief with which to clean up), he asks you if you would like to start the Academy a year early, or if you'd rather have another year of tutoring with formal lessons in ninjutsu theory and fuuinjutsu.

[X] The Academy. The sooner you start the sooner you never have to lay eyes on Utako again. Besides, think of all the bright young minds you have yet to inspire.

[X] Fuuinjutsu? You haven't forgotten what you heard on the night you were born; it was your m- it was Kushina's speciality. And what you've heard of the discipline since has suggested fascinating possibilities...

I thought Utako was quiting?

I will sorely regret the lost opportunity to not drive her over the edge and acquire our tragic backstory, but with our rise in competence it's less plausible anyway.

[X]Perhaps you're looking at this wrong. The fat boy might not be anywhere near your peer, but a pawn too thick to care that he is a pawn might be useful at some point.
[X] The Academy. The sooner you start the sooner you never have to lay eyes on Utako again. Besides, think of all the bright young minds you have yet to inspire.

We Itachi now.

I look forward to taking Asuma's place in teaching the Ino-Shika-Chou. Dioruto probably doesn't, of course, but whatevs.

So when you say brainstorm....do you mean just speculate thoughts and you'll pick from them what Dio wants to do? Or we need to vote on what to do?

Because maybe it's just the recent Megaman kick I've been on (Laryna6 has some interesting ideas and HarunaRei and while they cowrite and have similar opinions interesting xenofiction is interesting xenofiction), but Dio going out of his way to learn not ninjutsu or fuinjutsu, but genjutsu for the purpose of brainwashing or altering the development of people along the paths he wants and to facilitate certain temperaments and skills?

Devious. And a way to, over time, turn Chouji and everyone else into whatever we want.

We Itachi now you say, Vindictus?

Oh no. His idea of good conditioning is Tsukiyomi.

We could be so much better.

And if The World means people never see what we do or notice the effects in time....glorious. That strong personality issue driving people to love or hate us?

We can fix that. We can fix that good.

Yes, feeling horror is an appropriate reaction. Behold the great and terrible.

Say...

Is Rock Lee going to show up at the Academy this year?

If so...

Say, Furiko, what level is Guy's Posing?

But seriously Furiko, do we need to vote for a Chouji plan or just brainstorm for your benefit?

FurikoMaru said:
Yep!
C+. Higher than average for a Konoha-nin, but nowhere near mastery.
18a9a3d2847460_full.jpg

ANBU-AonE_Naruto_22_FC72FC0B02060801-28-44.jpg

That's only a C+? Well, I suppose he normally just uses a thumbs up.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
But seriously Furiko, do we need to vote for a Chouji plan or just brainstorm for your benefit?
No planning necessary unless you want to. I learned my lesson with the Utako thing; the instant you had something more interesting to do everyone but you decided to focus on showing off your nature as a prodigy instead. Brainstorm for now, unless someone has a cohesive plan you can begin to put into effect immediately.

Selias said:
That's only a C+? Well, I suppose he normally just uses a thumbs up.
Posing is more than just the way you place your limbs! It's about presence, and making people in-universe accept the fact that you're posing without snickering at you - at the master level they can even be intimidated by your elegant stance.

Gai would doubtless curse fluently to find out that Kakashi bests him by a full rank.

[X] Fuuinjutsu? You haven't forgotten what you heard on the night you were born; it was your m- it was Kushina's speciality. And what you've heard of the discipline since has suggested fascinating possibilities...

Hmm, either way We, Dio get to go to the academy anyways. Leanring this 'Fuuinjutsu' seems like a key to power that seems rather rare, since you apprently need private tutoring rather than teaching it at Ninja school. The more unkown an ability is, the more dangerous it can be, being unpridictable and able to be concealed. It took Kakyoin's death for Jojo to discover our secret to The World's time manipulation, and we managed to positvely terrify Polnareff using it in a way that he couldn't understand. Sun Tzu said the way to defeat your enemy is to know them and know yourself, therefore if We, Dio, have an unknown ability, we are already halfway to victory.

Despite having the power of The World, we were utterly hepless against that giant demon. To be able to transfer its power into us would be a feat normally only seen by a Stand User. To be able to pull off feats to that effect could be the key to power and creating heaven, even more than what the Stone Mask could accomplish.

Reactions: Dio
[X]You decide to trust your friends judgement and try to pry the potential out of him.

I don't like the Choji hate man.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back