• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Vindictus said:
I think what he's saying is more 'Better to find out we aren't the best at manipulating everyone ever NOW, instead of when there are worse things at stake than how we play with our 'peers' '.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hang on. You want us to live and rule forever, and yet you want us to profess a death wish?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I don't understand what Hymn is implying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vindictus said:
I think what he's saying is more 'Better to find out we aren't the best at manipulating everyone ever NOW, instead of when there are worse things at stake than how we play with our 'peers' '.

I'm sure we can manipulate adults just fine. Adults are more rational, or at least more understandable.

I'm just thinking I see a set up for, "Dio has met his match....in a three year old ball of insanity he can't make heads or tails of." Or Ino does exactly what we want her to do, but then she screws up and we live with the humiliation.

Basically, I am confident in our ability to manipulate everyone bigger than us. Other kids who haven't gotten their brains and thinking in order yet and who are waaaaay below our age/maturity, I can see more disconnect issues.

[X] Well, how hard can it be to manipulate a three-year-old girl? "We can play another game. It's called Beauty Salon. We'll be the customers and you'll be the hair dresser and makeup artist."

The Amount of lol hilarious fail in the vote to ask a preppy three year girl to act as your salon artist shows a painful ignorance of youths and the oposite sex.

Dio Shikamaru will for swear you for this.

[X]We'll Play ninja. Shikamaru is the Daimyo and I am his shadow meant to keep the intruding enemy ninja away. Now Run.

[X]We'll Play ninja. Shikamaru is the Daimyo and I am his shadow meant to keep the intruding enemy ninja away. Now Run.

Larekko12 said:
The Amount of lol hilarious fail in the vote to ask a preppy three year girl to act as your salon artist shows a painful ignorance of youths and the oposite sex.

Dio Shikamaru will for swear you for this.

I think you mean "he'll curse us for it".

[X] Not related to the update at hand, but holy crap, a shoddily-edited amv set to an Adele song? Jonathan/Dio shippers are certainly movin' up in the world. I can't decide if I love this amv just for existing, or if I'm disappointed at its refusal to choose between wholeheartedly acknowledging the fucked-uppedness of their relationship and Dio in general, as would suit the tone of the song, or to go tongue in cheek and play it off as a complete joke. Can't have your cake and eat it too, kids.

Ino's mouth drops open. "Really?" she asks. "I can touch your hair?"

"As long as you don't cut it or get it dirty," you reply.

An awful high-pitched squeal emanates from her throat, and she runs off down the hall.

Shikamaru raises an eyebrow at you.

"You want to keep reading, do you not?" you say. "This will allow us to do so."

"Mom's going to be mad if we mess up her makeup," he says, picking his book back up and continuing from where he left off.

Nara Yoshino has no right to take pride in such a pathetic collection.

"Are there no lipstick colours other than pink?" you ask Ino in disappointment.

"A red one," she offers, holding it up.

"I'll have that, then."

She giggles, and begins applying it to your lips with more care than you would have expected. You stifle the urge to point out to her that one attends to one's hair first, then to one's makeup; this is still new territory for her, clearly.

"Can I have green?" Shikamaru asks, not looking up from his book.

Ino wrinkles her nose. "Green lipstick?"

"Mm. If you put green eyeshadow on your lips and put petroleum jelly over top, it'll make green lipstick," he says authoritatively.

It's your turn to raise an eyebrow. Resourceful little fellow.

"Show me," Ino demands.

Rolling his eyes, Shikamaru puts his book back down and unscrews the lid of the tiny pot of loose powder.

You watch with idle interest as he delicately applies the colour with his finger. You've never seen such a thing done before - at home every conceivable shade of lipstick is available in the best establishments, and even the chemists carry green at Christmastime.

If you are intrigued, Ino is fascinated. When Shikamaru is finished she insists on doing the same to her own lips. The result is less Dolce & Gabbana than Halloween clown, but she seems pleased enough, preening at her reflection in a compact mirror.

When Shikamaru's father looks in on you a half-hour later, he finds his son sitting quietly with a book, his hair inexpertly braided, his lips a vivid green, and Ino cheerfully singing some song or other under her breath as she runs a fine comb through your golden locks.

Nara Shikaku considers this scene for a moment, taking in the pile of opened cosmetics on the floor, and sighs.

"You remember what I said before?" he asks Shikamaru.

Turning a page, Shikamaru nods. "No need to repeat it."

"Good. She'll be up in ten minutes."

And he saunters down the stairs. "They're fine," he calls to his wife.

Unfortunately, though your friend manages to remove every trace of the afternoon's makeover from both his face and Ino's (you attend to your own lips, naturally), the warning proves useless.

"Daddy!" Ino cries, launching herself at the legs of the blond man who's just stepped in the door. "Shikamaru knows how to make lipstick! How come you told me boys don't wear makeup?"

Yoshino's face reminds you of a cat you once saw staring at a fish flopping in a net.

"Mendok'se," Shikamaru grumbles.

=

As the months pass, you focus most of your efforts on (pick two):

[X] building up your strength with taijutsu training and other exercise.

[X] learning to read kanji to the extent that you can start reading history books and get some sense of where on earth you are.

[X] spending time with Raccoon.

[X] spending time with Bat.

[X] spending time with Owl. Why does she avoid you, after all?

[X] building your relationships with Shikamaru and his friends.

[X] slowly driving Utako insane.

[X] making new friends at the park and other places.

[X] learning to read kanji to the extent that you can start reading history books and get some sense of where on earth you are.

Learning to read is also very important, not only does it allow us to figure out where the hell this place is, but We, Dio, might also be able to pick up new techniques to imitate with The World. Remember that Stands are invisible to non-Stand users, so if We, Dio, can get our hands on a technique that can be imitated with The World, Then it can just be claimed that it was learned from a scroll or whatever

Since We, Dio, lack any of our powers associated with the Stone Mask, building up our physical prowess help in two ways. It allows us to fight conventionally, as well as bring our enemies into the range of The World. Incoprorating The World into our conventional fighting style should be a top priority, so that people don't get suspicious when someone has their gut blown apart by unseen forces. We, Dio, should try to have The World try to 'ghost' us and copy our movements, that way, rather than being blown apart by an unseen force, it'll merely look like We, Dio, have superhuman strength, something that shouldn't be *that* out of place with Ninja.

However, neither Training nor Learning nessesscary solitary acts, We, Dio, can invite our 'friends' to participate with us, that Shikamaru fellow seems like a rather clever child with his improvised makeup, so learning how to read this deplorable writing system shouldn't be too bad with him there. The girl, well, she's pretty much worthless, so maybe she, can be inspired to be a Ninja by observing our wonderous form when We, Dio, train.

I did a 'find and replace' in word to replace 'We' with 'We, Dio,' to make it seem more in-character. Protip: don't.

A Pear Tart

Sorry, Sorry, I forgot.
At the end, I was just going to post a picture of C-Moon.

Ronall said:
There's a robot around here? Sorry, I'm bad with technology so I'd probably have trouble recognizing one.

Indeed, all I see is a perfectly normal High School student.

Might mix or replace with another part 'build more friends from a park'... Eh, why not have a sub goal for when we're not focusing on primary interests?

[X] When not busy with your two main focuses, you... (Secondary, more = less results)
-[X] making new friends at the park and other places.

[X] spending time with Ba

[X] slowly driving Utako insane.

Get Utako to try to kill us, Raccoon save us, and milk that tragic backstory for the rest of our lives!

If Write Ins are allowed than

[X] Befriend Ino and attempt to gain both a new stylist and minion.

I can't decide between taking time for Bat or Owl.

On the one hand, Bat is admirably free with what some might call 'child abuse' but that we could call 'great'. On the other, Dio does not allow someone to ignore his existence.

Guile said:
Bat is admirably free with what some might call 'child abuse' but that we could call 'great'.
Dio-sama pauses for a moment of dark laughter at the idea of anyone being sheltered enough to consider boxing lessons to be 'child abuse'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back