• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Larekko12 said:
I don't like the Choji hate man.
Literally, Dio's first action upon seeing the Joestars, and pretty much the first thing he actually does in the series is to kick Jonathan's dog, Danny in the face, and it only gets worse from then on.

Dio is not a nice person.

Reactions: Dio
Ronall said:
Literally, Dio's first action upon seeing the Joestars, and pretty much the first thing he actually does in the series is to kick Jonathan's dog, Danny in the face, and it only gets worse from then on.
I wouldn't say consistently worse. The hundred years of sensory-deprivation after a final defeat by his first crush did wonders for his self-awareness and sense of humour.

[X]You decide to trust your friends judgement and try to pry the potential out of him.
[X] Fuuinjutsu? You haven't forgotten what you heard on the night you were born; it was your m- it was Kushina's speciality. And what you've heard of the discipline since has suggested fascinating possibilities...

FurikoMaru said:
C+. Higher than average for a Konoha-nin, but nowhere near mastery.
Also I find it amusing that Shikamaru's is just below Guy in the ability to pose. No wait its hilarious that a five year old is almost as good at posing as Guy.

FurikoMaru said:
I wouldn't say consistently worse. The hundred years of sensory-deprivation after a final defeat by his first crush did wonders for his self-awareness and sense of humour.
Actually, I was more referring to the stuff he manages to pull off throughout the rest of Phantom Blood.

Dio's become more subtle, sure, but never forget that anyone he didn't trust got implated by mind-control spores. I'd say we went from 'for the evulz' to more like 'practical evil.'

Hell, when Enya failed to defeat the group, he had her killed, despite her being the one to grant him the stand, and reveal to him the nature of The World. The icing on the cake was that she was still loyal to him, even when she was about to be killed.

How do people even awaken stands besides Corpse pieces and arrows?

nightblade said:
How do people even awaken stands besides Corpse pieces and arrows?

Well, IIRC some people, like Polnareff and Kakyoin are born with them. Cutting yourself with an arrow also awakens Stand potential in your descendants, as seen by the Jojo's. One could assume that many of the people who naturally awken Stands are just descendanats of people who used the Arrow.

You can just randomly be born with a Stand. Or try to do/want to do something SO MUCH that you just develop one, like how Tonio got Pearl Jam from wanting to be the BEST COOK EVAR. Being born the child of a Stand user means a better chance of getting a Stand, but it's no guarantee. There is also ... something ... in Part 8 that seems to be giving people Stands, but no one knows what it is yet.

[X] Brainstorm: Shikamaru is rather cleaver for an actual five year old. Let him play with Choji, and see if he can make anything of the clod. It will prove to be a good test of whether Shikamaru could ever be a second in command ... or too much of a threat in the future to tolerate.

[X] Fuuinjutsu? You haven't forgotten what you heard on the night you were born; it was your m- it was Kushina's speciality. And what you've heard of the discipline since has suggested fascinating possibilities...

Ronall said:
Hell, when Enya failed to defeat the group, he had her killed, despite her being the one to grant him the stand, and reveal to him the nature of The World. The icing on the cake was that she was still loyal to him, even when she was about to be killed.
Well, she was really creepy. And annoying. And she'd already served her purpose.

And as Vaguely Recalling Jojo points out, if you wanna go for the greyer interpretation of Dio, we only really have Steely Dan's asshole-word for it that Dio ordered him to take her out.

:eek: Why hello Inexplicably Polish Naruto. Fancy meeting you here.

Or, wait, is that Serbo-Croatian or something?

FurikoMaru said:
Well, she was really creepy. And annoying. And she'd already served her purpose.

And as Vaguely Recalling Jojo points out, if you wanna go for the greyer interpretation of Dio, we only really have Steely Dan's asshole-word for it that Dio ordered him to take her out.
Dude, Dio ordered a senator-turned taxi driver to drive an occupied sidewalk because it was faster. Even when the taxi is mowing through people, and blood and people are flying everywhere, he doesn't appear to give a crap, he also kills the Senator/Taxi driver when he's done for no real reason.
Later, when Dio decides to timestop Joseph, he timestop punches a cat to smithereens, shoves the cat's head onto some guy's sandwitch just as he was about to take a bite, one of the legs into a drink, and shoves a fork into a woman's face. He didn't do any of those things because he had to, but simply because he *could*.

If anything, your post actually made me remember that despite the 100 year long nap, he was still as much of a monster as before.

Source is chapters 137 and 141 of Stardust Crusaders

Ronall said:
Dude, Dio ordered a senator-turned taxi driver to drive an occupied sidewalk because it was faster. Even when the taxi is mowing through people, and blood and people are flying everywhere, he doesn't appear to give a crap.
Later, when Dio decides to timestop Joseph, he timestop punches a cat to smithereens, shoves the cat's head onto some guy's sandwitch just as he was about to take a bite, one of the legs into a drink, and shoves a fork into a woman's face. He didn't do any of those things because he had to, but simply because he *could*.

If anything, your post actually made me remember that despite the 100 year long nap, he was still as much of a monster as before.

Source is chapters 137 and 141 of Stardust Crusaders
Wait. Are you trying to convince us that Dio is a bad person, or that he's an awesome person? Honestly, it could go either way. Much like Dio himself, funnily enough.

Selias said:
Wait. Are you trying to convince us that Dio is a bad person, or that he's an awesome person? Honestly, it could go either way. Much like Dio himself, funnily enough.
What I'm saying is that despite the 100+ years, Dio's just as much a maniac as before, he's just hiding it better.

I'm not contesting that. I'm just saying he's the complicated-awesome kind of crazy, not the simple-awesome kind of crazy.

Starting the academy now would put us in Neji, Lee, and Tenten's class. Which probably means two of them will be on our eventual Genin team.

Waiting a year puts us with Naruto's canon class, giving eight potential named characters to fill the two slots on our team.

For the early group, Lee's lack of self preservation instincts (specializing in self damaging and life span shortening techniques at age 14, really?) and willingness to go to extreme lengths might be fun for Dio to play with.

Tenten doesn't really have much characterization in canon, and either she doesn't have any real mental issues, or she's one of those weirdo-nin who don't start talking about it during combat and treat a public fighting arena like a therapist's office. So her personality will be 'whatever Furiko says it is.'

Neji, on the other hand, he has potential. All that hate. Hatred of his clan. Hatred of his social position. Hatred of his seal. Hatred of anyone weak enough to be nice to him. Hatred of himself.

He's ripe for picking.

And that seal on his head? If it is a torture/kill device, then it's either set up to go off when messed with (which would be a silly thing to do with combat assets) or it's stable enough to be examined and countered if we do try to learn Fuuinjutsu.

The later group isn't without its charm either, even if Kiba's lack of sophistication will likely get on Dio's nerves, and Shino will be difficult to figure out.

When Sakura starts the academy she's less annoying than Ino, and isn't unintelligent. A bit of a wallflower at that point actually, so she might be hard to pick out of the crowd, even with that hair.

Sasuke, well, he won't start out like Neji, but in a year or two when Itachi goes off he'll be ready.

Hinata is as ripe for manipulation friendship as she can be given her upbringing, and her position as clan heir, even if only in name, makes her a worthwhile target.

Ino we've already started influencing, and if we're actually going with the Hokage Shikamaru plan, then aiming to be on the same team as him would make that easier.

Choji is a nice guy, and everyone likes him, but Dio has him pegged as the weakest link, and either he or Ino have to go if we're going to be on that team. Perhaps the fact that I'd enjoy watching Dio write 'The Tragic Fall of Akamichi Choji' makes me a horrible person.

If we are going to do something about Choji, then the ideal situation would be one where Choji is hurt, and young Naruto heroically carries him to help in time to save his life, but not fast enough to prevent a permanent injury.

Less ideal, but also less dangerous, if more complicated to set up, is one where he's hurt or killed far away from us.

I'm not really sure how exactly we'd go about any of that, and I've just remembered the poor guy can't even talk in complete sentences yet, so I think I need to temporarily stop plotting against him before the guilt gets to me.

What decided my vote was was Hymn's comments on mind control shennanigans, and thinking about 'intrinsically loyal minions.'

Root exists, it's agents are at least partially controlled with seals, and are already programmed to follow orders above all else.

Oh, thank you for doing most of the work for us already, Danzo.

Oh, 'less. You almost make me wanna scrap the shakeup I have scheduled.

[X] The Academy. The sooner you start the sooner you never have to lay eyes on Utako again. Besides, think of all the bright young minds you have yet to inspire.

[X] Brainstorm: Shikamaru is rather cleaver for an actual five year old. Let him play with Choji, and see if he can make anything of the clod. It will prove to be a good test of whether Shikamaru could ever be a second in command ... or too much of a threat in the future to tolerate.

This vote is obvious... But on the other hand. Let's see here... Especially since we're better of trying to be well... Hmm... As well trained as we can before we go canon (and though being another Itachi has it's merits. I don't think meta/OOC in future that being assumed an Itachi after the Uchiha Massacre would be a great rep.)

If anything... Well, we may end up Rookie of the Year. So, what to do once we're in the Academy? Somehow end up with a bigger Fanclub than Sasuke?

Anyways...

First of, what to do with Chouji? To be passé on him and let Shikamaru do something will simply not do. 'Tutor' him by subtly pushing him in a direction, and hoping to at least learn how to make cups out of clay. (Or possibly get him to go even more Macho to the point of Cho Aniki and with posing that'd STUN Gai!)

Or, if we're well read enough. To possibly be DIO in a creepy subtle Yandere manner, and 'heroically' save him from some Stone/Cloud Ninja attack? Decisions decisions...

On one hand; we COULD try to pry either Ino or Chouji away to somehow 'sink' in Shika's team. But on the other hand...

Lee COULD end up being a JoJo Reincarnation (the posing, and heaven forbid if he's a Jonathan or Jotaro.)

And even if we DON'T end up in the same team per see... Doesn't mean we can subtly find other ways to 'keep in touch', while expanding our bases by interacting/trolling our team for molding into our pawns. To be promoted to Rooks, Knights, Bishops, Queens (if we're even interested in such flings.)

So really... I'm not going to vote for a Chouji plan juuust yet, until I think of something else...

EDIT: So we have Sasuke (the Sauce) that we can attempt a Kakashi if we so desire...

A Sakura that IC wise, we'd underestimate/not give a care until she somehow becomes 'interesting' enough to either manipulate/deal with, or kill... And might be a threat if she's a subtle influence on Ino if we're not careful with handling her.

A Kiba that'd be as Loyal as a Dog, though since Dio kicked puppies as a Kid...

A Shino that's well, a shady bug user. Aaaand...

A Hinata, if we go charm/play our cards right into molding into Yanderedom, could become a vital tool for social standing... So long as we can play our cards, get her trained up to be 'better' than Hanabi (or worse fails, woo her instead.) And not end up in the Branch house. In a sense, she'd be a potential gamble, that could pay of in power or inter clan slavery.

And though as tempting as Hinata might be... It 'might' be better to pray for some filler princess to get connected to, or see if in the academy, there are more than just 'canon' crew (like Yakumo Kurama...)

... Now that I think of it, IF we're early enough; we COULD end up in possibly Yakumo Kurama's team (if she even has one.) And since she might be in a Ninja Family, we'd at least see her as a possible 'asset', unless her frail body becomes an issue.

Might also end up being EASIER to manipulate her, if we end up giving her 'hope' or something. Could even end up with the right 'push', become a scary Ninja Spellcaster.

-

Eh, overall, think of what and HOW we'd gain power, before considering what to do with Chouji. Want to be in Shika's team? Then either try and arrange a 4 Genin Team including a Medic Nin (possibly), or off him or Ino.

Problem with trying to kill via DIO Chouji, is that Ninja can be VERY sharp, and given our current experience compared to some professionals. It might not be a worthwhile gamble. So if we want to influence Shikamaru, better of well... Remain friends and rival him at Japanese Chess, while developing more bonds/connections to influence.

Regarding these extremely detailed plans, I don't really know enough to argue one way or the other, so I'll defer to your dual expertise, but I would like to point out that we know none of this in-character yet. Basically IC we know 1 smart kid who wants to be boss, 1 annoying girl working at becoming less so, and 1 nonentity. Right now we're being offered an opprotunity to either A: go to ninja academy early, or B: Learn a discipline that was used to save Us, Dio as a baby.

The fact that it was offered early implies that kono Dio-sama will get to go there anyways regardless of choice. To make that choice seem more useless, useless, useless, we seem to have a highly skilled ninja on-hand as a personal tutor, as well a less skilled one who's our friend's puppet's mum.

Since we don't know anyone who's attending the academy besides the likely 3 we hang out with, choosing the option to go their early or not is basically a blind grab when it comes to building up contacts, meaning that our choice essentially comes to 'Learn super rare skill that allows you to defeat giant monsters.' or 'B, get early training you were going to get anyways, despite the fact you have an on-hand personal tutor who could teach you that stuff anyways.'

Also; Alexander, every time I see your avatar, I think that Iskander has used the Stone Mask and is currently screaming "Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Ronall said:
Also; Alexander, every time I see your avatar, I think that Iskander has used the Stone Mask and is currently screaming "Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"
That would be awesome.

And by the way Furiko....

You never did write our second meeting with Orochimaru. As soon as Shikamaru appeared that plot thread seemed to disappear entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And by the way Furiko....

You never did write our second meeting with Orochimaru. As soon as Shikamaru appeared that plot thread seemed to disappear entirely.
He's flown the coop. What, you thought a demonchild would make him more likely to stay in Konoha?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back