• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hang on, I thought Orochimaru was terrified of us. Not that, "I have begun something that will ultimately destroy me," is a gaff he hasn't made before but he'd try to make us stronger? To watch us? Or see is in action?

Or just get us to step out of line so he can rip down our facade and put the screws to us?

Or is this his version of sucking up?
Well, at present, he knows you exist, you're ludicrously strong, you're probably worse than he is with the whole morality thing, and you're aware beyond what's normal for even a ninja genius. He doesn't know what your power does or what you're like personally, so he thought at first that a trusted-minion-backstab would be the way to go and ordered Miho to get close to you. A gamble, sure; he couldn't be certain you were the type to form emotional attachments. But Miho is expendable. Either way, he'd gain something.

Unfortunately, Miho actually got close to you, and kept stalling. Finally she just lied, saying she had seen your true strength and that you were beyond her capabilities. She thought this would get Orochimaru to come deal with you himself, meaning she could exploit a loophole in the don't-you-say-jack seal snakeman slapped on her and indirectly tip off the Hokage. But as it happens, the pretty snavely really does not want to have to be in the same room with you if he can help it, so he sent a proxy. Miho was just supposed to deactivate the seals and traps around your window to let him in quickly and quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
Well, at present, he knows you exist, you're ludicrously strong, you're probably worse than he is with the whole morality thing, and you're aware beyond what's normal for even a ninja genius. He doesn't know what your power does or what you're like personally, so he thought at first that a trusted-minion-backstab would be the way to go and ordered Miho to get close to you. A gamble, sure; he couldn't be certain you were the type to form emotional attachments. But Miho is expendable. Either way, he'd gain something.

Unfortunately, Miho actually got close to you, and kept stalling. Finally she just lied, saying she had seen your true strength and that you were beyond her capabilities. She thought this would get Orochimaru to come deal with you himself, meaning she could exploit a loophole in the don't-you-say-jack seal snakeman slapped on her and indirectly tip off the Hokage. But as it happens, the pretty snavely really does not want to have to be in the same room with you if he can help it, so he sent a proxy. Miho was just supposed to deactivate the seals and traps around your window to let him in quickly and quietly.
So, round one is game, set and match to Dio?

I look forward to seeing what Oro does for round 2. It's not like he's bothered by the loss of one of his minions, except for that fact that means you're good enough to kill a sneaky guy with a sword.

[X] Lay a hand on her head in comfort. "It's all right, Raccoon. No harm will come to you. I will not allow it." Minion get!

Does anyone besides me see Dio recreating the stone arrows to give his minions stands?

nightblade said:
Does anyone besides me see Dio recreating the stone arrows to give his minions stands?

... Yeah, sure, because that's totally something that could happen what with Dio knowing about the arrows, how they work and conveniently exactly how to recreate their magic voodoo haxx whenever he pleases.

Vindictus said:
... Yeah, sure, because that's totally something that could happen what with Dio knowing about the arrows, how they work and conveniently exactly how to recreate their magic voodoo haxx whenever he pleases.
Well, he does know where the Arrows came from. The bad news is that they come from Greenland. And space.

Vindictus said:
Seals man Seals.

nightblade said:
As I understand it, seals are like programming for reality. You still need to know exactly what it is you want to do. "Do whatever those arrows do" isn't going to cut it.

Reactions: Dio
[X] Lay a hand on her head in comfort. "It's all right, Raccoon. No harm will come to you. I will not allow it." Minion get!

Torgamous said:
As I understand it, seals are like programming for reality. You still need to know exactly what it is you want to do. "Do whatever those arrows do" isn't going to cut it.
Dio knows what a stand is. Shouldn't be to hard to make a seal that when you use it it gives people stands. Or he could even attach it to a weapon like the seven swordsmens of the mists weapons. Heck the uzumaki made a mask that summons the death god. And I'm pretty sure they made that thing using seals. Which was their thing.

Reactions: Dio
FurikoMaru said:
Dio knows what a stand is the way the average viewer of DBZ knows what ki is.

You can try to use sealing knowledge to provoke Stands, but it's not going to be easy.
But it is possible. Which is good enough for me. Minions with stands are just way to useful.

Edit. Also it can't be any harder than making a mask that summons the death god.

Using our Developmental potential could we up our Stands durability and range?

nightblade said:
But it is possible. Which is good enough for me.
It's possible to make something that gives people stands without using seals. Evidence: things exist that give people stands that were not made with seals. Why are you writing off the tried-and-true method?

FurikoMaru said:
Dio knows what a stand is the way the average viewer of DBZ knows what ki is.

You can try to use sealing knowledge to provoke Stands, but it's not going to be easy.

You mean Dragonball didn't invent Ki as a catchall term for 'Eastern Musclewizardry'?! I am so startled![/trololol]

nightblade said:
But it is possible. Which is good enough for me. Minions with stands are just way to useful.
"Possible" does not mean it's a good idea.

Given that we know jack shit of what we need to artificially induce stands in people that originate from a world where as far as we can tell not a single person ever developed a Stand naturally, this is certainly not going to work without learning a lot more about what a Stand actually is.

Even ignoring the issue of how much time this would cost and whether it would even be viable in the span of this quest, there is still the rather non-trivial problem that the only Stand we could possibly study is our own, which is not only our main advantage and therefor not something to risk in experiments but also transfers any damage it takes over to us.
Unless you're willing to risk everything just to boost expendable minions, even though there are already plenty of powerful and mentally unbalanced ninja out there just waiting for a charismatic manipulator to pledge their life to, this means you're stuck with cursory observations of a single Stand to base your research on, which is very unlikely to be enough to get far enough anytime soon.

Edit. Also it can't be any harder than making a mask that summons the death god.
Of course it can.
Summoning all kinds of stuff is a thing in Naruto, so you'd have at least a base to build on, and, even if that weren't enough, you can still handwave it as ultimately being the result of the teachings of the Sage of the Six Paths, who, unlike us, apparently doesn't need anything to base his techniques on because of reasons.
Given that there is nothing like Stands in the Narutoverse, we on the other hand wouldn't have anything to start out with and would actually have to start from scratch.

They summoned a death god. There is a pretty good chance no one knew he was actually real until they did. Also Pipeman your missing the part where its a mask that summons the death god.

Torgamous said:
It's possible to make something that gives people stands without using seals. Evidence: things exist that give people stands that were not made with seals. Why are you writing off the tried-and-true method?
Cause I doubt Dio knows what the arrows were made of exactly and how they were made that lets them do what they do.

nightblade said:
They summoned a death god. There is a pretty good chance no one knew he was actually really until they did.
Cause I doubt Dio knows what the arrows were made of exactly.
Considering the kind of bullshit involved in the origin of the Sage of the Six Paths, I very much doubt they weren't aware of deities before or that the Sage left nothing on the nature of deities behind.

Pipeman said:
Considering the kind of bullshit involved in the origin of the Sage of the Six Paths, I very much doubt they weren't aware of deities before or that the Sage left nothing on the nature of deities behind.
People didn't know there was a Jyuubi until Obito came out and said he planed on remaking it. So there's a pretty good chance they didn't know it was real.

What?

WHAT?

No, I'm calling bullshit on that, because that's the sort of thing that becomes a legend everyone fucking knows.

You don't just 'Forget' that Ninja Buddha sealed a fuckhueg demon to make the moon in your own mythology. What the hell?

Vindictus said:
What?

WHAT?

No, I'm calling bullshit on that, because that's the sort of thing that becomes a legend everyone fucking knows.

You don't just 'Forget' that Ninja Buddha sealed a fuckhueg demon to make the moon in your own mythology. What the hell?
Most people think the sage of six paths was a myth. As in he didn't exist. This is naruto canon. Heck most don't know he made the moon. Only the Uchiha with Mangekyou sharingan. They are also the ones that know about the Jyuubi as well. And Madara was the first to unlock that. And only the people with the EMS know about his mom.

nightblade said:
People didn't know there was a Jyuubi until Obito came out and said he planed on remaking it. So there's a pretty good chance they didn't know it was real.
No.
The current generation of the major villages didn't know shit about the Jyuubi.
Coincidentally, they also knew shit about the mask and how to summon Death Gods.
There seems to be a general theme of people from this generation knowing jack shit about anything, because Kishi can't think of a better way to keep the revelations going and justifiy infodumps they are so far removed from the SotSP.

The issue becomes quite a different one when you consider that the people who made that mask were direct descendants of the SotSP and were several generations, world wars and extinct clans less removed from him than the people who didn't know there was a Juubei.
After all, there is no reason that the Uchiha should have a monopoly on secret knowledge passed down from the Sage aside from the fact that Kishi can't think of another way for his villains to keep catching the protagonists off guard.

Pipeman said:
No.
The current generation of the major villages didn't know shit about the Jyuubi.
Coincidentally, they also knew shit about the mask and how to summon Death Gods.
There seems to be a general theme of people from this generation knowing jack shit about anything, because Kishi can't think of a better way to keep the revelations going and justifiy infodumps they are so far removed from the SotSP.

The issue becomes quite a different one when you consider that the people who made that mask were direct descendants of the SotSP and were several generations, world wars and dead clans less removed from him than the people who didn't know there was a Juubei.
After all, there is no reason that the Uchiha should have a monopoly on secret knowledge passed down from the Sage aside from the fact that Kishi can't think of another way for his villains to keep catching the protagonists off guard.
Only the Uchiha with an Mangekyou Sharingan knew the sage was real. Madara was the first Uchiha to unlock it. Also there's evidence that the Senju and Uzumaki didn't know they were related to the sage of six paths.

FurikoMaru said:
... am I the only one in here who actually read Diamond is Unbreakable and Vento Aureo? :(

Haven't actually read either side of this cross. Everything I know of Naruto I learned from Chunin Exam Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
nightblade said:
Only the Uchiha with an Mangekyou Sharingan knew the sage was real. Madara was the first Uchiha to unlock it.
And you keep ignoring the obvious isuue with this.
Yes, now the only people who know the Sage was real are Uchiha with EMS.
Right now there are also only one Uzumaki and one Senju left, neither of which were raised in the Clan proper and several centuries, if not millennia, have passed since the SotSP existed.

Unless you're arguing that noone but the Uchiha ever knew he was real or that the only people who ever learned from him, were the Uchiha, in spite of the fact that he is still the father of all ninjutsu and everyone still knew his legend, the fact that people don't know about him now is irrelevant.
All the bullshit people pull in Naruto is, whether they believe it or not, still ultimately based on his bullshit and his bullshit gets a free pass on virtue of him being the Sage of the Six Paths and origin of all ninjutsu.

We on the other hand are not the inventor of Stands and Stands have jack shit to do with chakra, sealing or ninjutsu, which means all that stuff helps fuck all with actually figuring out what the hell a Stand is in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back