• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Hmh what about some poisonous blooms from the yamankas ?

Could encourage a martyr tendency in Chouji to get him to heroically sacrifice himself without us taking the blame for it.

Why not just convince him not to wear panties on his head?

FurikoMaru said:
Oh, middle school; I do not miss you at all.

What do you mean by that?

I was just thinking that we are being followed by ANBU 24/7. Anything we do will be seen. How are we supposed to kill someone without the people watching us noticing?

luckybreak91 said:
What do you mean by that?

I was just thinking that we are being followed by ANBU 24/7. Anything we do will be seen. How are we supposed to kill someone without the people watching us noticing?

The World, obviously.

If you can't think of a way to assassinate someone with eight seconds of stopped time...

We don't have to kill Chouji we just have to break up the newest incarnation of the "yamanaka-nara-akimichi" trio. I think a good way to do that would be to create conflict between Ino and Chouji eventually forcing Shikamaru to choose between his friendship with Ino and us or his friendship with Chouji.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
The World, obviously.

If you can't think of a way to assassinate someone with eight seconds of stopped time...
Personally, I don't think the problem is assassinating him, which I think would be incredibly easy, but rather, how to do so in such a manner that doesn't get us in trouble and without drawing attention to ourselves. Merely not getting in trouble for it isn't enough, if We, Dio manage to draw their suspicion from such an act, people will be on the lookout for anymore suspicious happenings near us. It could also tip us off that we perhaps have a hidden ability too, and I don't want to reveal The World to anyone that we A: Won't immediately killed, or B: Isn't one of our fanatics.

Until we get enough power to effectively disregard an entire villiage of super ninja who might-or-might-not have Stand related abiltities, it's better to not draw suspicion upon ourselves, while learning their secrets and techniques.

Ronall said:
Personally, I don't think the problem is assassinating him, which I think would be incredibly easy, but rather, how to do so in such a manner that doesn't get us in trouble and without drawing attention to ourselves. Merely not getting in trouble for it isn't enough, if We, Dio manage to draw their suspicion from such an act, people will be on the lookout for anymore suspicious happenings near us. It could also tip us off that we perhaps have a hidden ability too, and I don't want to reveal The World to anyone that we A: Won't immediately killed, or B: Isn't one of our fanatics.

Until we get enough power to effectively disregard an entire villiage of super ninja who might-or-might-not have Stand related abiltities, it's better to not draw suspicion upon ourselves, while learning their secrets and techniques.

I agree that not letting on that we have The World is important. What I'm saying is that even if we need to orchestra a series of events that would make Rube Goldburg blush, we definitely have the ability to put them into action so long as we can verify that The World cannot be witnessed by others.

The real trick is making the death look like an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronall said:

considering Dio suspects that some people here have stand-related abilites, and we never actually tested The World here? (turned down every chance to use it)

trying to assassinate someone with it is probably a bad idea. someone might not end up frozen. or the stand itself might be visible.

hmm.

think we could sit still and use summon the humanoid version, to see if anyone notices it? (don't acknowledge it in any way, if anyone seems to see it, make it vanish quickly, so nobody knows it came from us) then just freeze time while sitting perfectly still, to check it works or something?

assuming it does, then killing Choji without calling attention to it is easy as fuck.

freeze time, have our stand crush his head, unfreeze time. (with both the start and the end point both being in the same place, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of arms reach)

pretend proceed to freak the fuck out as choji's head just fucking pops like a piece of fruit.

iamnuff said:
considering Dio suspects that some people here have stand-related abilites, and we never actually tested The World here? (turned down every chance to use it)

trying to assassinate someone with it is probably a bad idea. someone might not end up frozen. or the stand itself might be visible.

hmm.

think we could sit still and use summon the humanoid version, to see if anyone notices it? (don't acknowledge it in any way, if anyone seems to see it, make it vanish quickly, so nobody knows it came from us) then just freeze time while sitting perfectly still, to check it works or something?

assuming it does, then killing Choji without calling attention to it is easy as fuck.

freeze time, have our stand crush his head, unfreeze time. (with both the start and the end point both being in the same place, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of arms reach)

pretend proceed to freak the fuck out as choji's head just fucking pops like a piece of fruit.

I think it's the fact that not-dad was able to see into the frozen time that really freaked Dio out.
Remeber that in SC, as soon as he finds out that Jotaro could move in the stopped time, even if just for an instant, Dio pulled out all the stops and went full force trying to kill him.

Having the first person you see able to see into The World's realm probably has him now thinking that there's other Stands users about, since only a Stand User could see another stand user. I mean the only other possibility is that our 'father' was able to manipulate time without a Stand, and we all know that's impossible.

Rather than doing the rash thing, and tipping our hand too soon, we should be playing the long-game like Kira before Part 4 started. Remember that Kira was so successful at his love life, that it took the ghost of one of the victims to even realise there was a serial Kira on the lose.

The problem with your plan is that while it minimizes the risk of us getting caught, it does raise a fuckton of suspicion, since having a kid's head explode out of nowhere is going to raise the paranoia and wariness of a villiage full of ninja.

Reactions: Dio
[X] Take it away, Homer

It's the fuuinjutsu tutoring that decides you in the end. From what Yoshino has mentioned in passing, the Academy teaches only the bare minimum necessary knowledge of sealwork; any additional information you can gather is likely to be an asset.

"I thank you sincerely for the opportunity, Hokage-sama," you say aloud, "but if possible, I'd much prefer to start school with my friends. I would also greatly appreciate the additional time to prepare."

The old man smiles. "Of course. I'll let Raccoon and Owl know that you're to begin tomorrow."

=

Late that night, you awake to the sound of your window opening, and two people concealing their breathing, along with their presence.

[X] Lie still and see what they do.

[X] "May I inquire as to the nature of this visit?"

[X] THE WORLD. See who it is, and decide what to do from there.

[X] THE WORLD. Who cares who it is? Kill them.

[X] THE WORLD. Who cares who it is? Put the fear of you into them through a mixture of pain and humiliation.

[X] THE WORLD. Leave. Just leave, and see how long it takes them to catch up with you.

WRYYY: Offing Choji.

The earliest feasible opportunity might be the exams, but even those tend to be watched more closely than the students think, iirc. So failing that it would be on a mission to a dangerous place, and that could take a long time. Of course depending on how things go there could be opportunities to knock the kid off depending, but if there's an invasion or something there's still going to be questions if a kid who barely had any ninjitsu yet is targeted for death for some inexplicable reason.

How well are they concealing their breathing?

As in, are they professional good, or are they Shika-and-Ino-think-they're-being-stealthy good?

[X] Attack them outside of the frozen time, using your new kunai. Aim to disable and interrogate.
-[X] If they are enemies, and strike back, enter the World and slay them. if they are not, well... what's a little stabbing between friends?

We have bullshit timehax. We should use it more often.

[X] "May I inquire as to the nature of this visit?"
Say this with our eyes closed and as motionless as possible grinning, while looking at them with The World. I want to unnerve them when they see a smirking kid with their eyes closed, being totally unnerved by their presence.

Disminded said:

We have bullshit timehax. We should use it more often.
I want to keep our abilities as hidden as possible, revealing them only when we have to, in stages. If we're in danger, we use The World to gutpunch them, if that's not enough, we use The World's timestop to emulate teleportation. If that's not enough, then we timestop gutpunch them.

[X]Za Warudo then Check. If Konoha return to bed. If not cripple limbs and scream. Autonomic Defense shall be the byline.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
The map of the world in the library could quite possibly be a fake, meant to maintain social control, but when you performed Eratosthenes' famous experiment, as covertly as you could manage, and did some quick mental calculations, you found to your despair that the planet on which you now stand is smaller than Earth by a slight but nonetheless significant margin.
This doesn't make sense. That measurement of Earth's size is based on the difference in angular positions of the Sun at the same time at distant locations a known distance apart. Thus, to do it, either Dio must admit the geographical information in the very books he's questioning, rendering the whole question moot, or alternatively he must venture far outside the village and perform significantly intensive geographical surveys himself.

However, one can do a rough estimate of Earth's radius by timing the difference in sunsets at different heights. AFAIK this wasn't done by Eratosthenes, though, and it's terribly inaccurate in practice anyway, particularly when the horizon is not over the sea. Dio could make it better if he could measure the angular sizes of both the Sun and the horizontal refraction, in which case I'm very impressed with his optics skills, but question his ability to do it completely mentally.

What is this mad passion for masks ninja of ill repute seem to share?

You frown. Oh, dear. One of them is Raccoon, and the other is a man you don't know. But if his unsheathed sword is anything to go by, he is not here to make friends.

[X] Kill them both. Raccoon is clearly a mole for someone who wishes you harm.

[X] Kill the man and leave Raccoon unharmed. The two of you are going to be even better friends, now...

[X] Kill the man and go back to bed like nothing happened. Let Raccoon reassess her loyalties in peace.

[X] Cripple the man for capture and questioning and wait for his screams to bring Owl and Bat running.

[X] Cripple both of them for capture and questioning.

[X] Kill the man, cripple Raccoon for c&q.

[X] Write-in?

Vorpal said:
This doesn't make sense. That measurement of Earth's size is based on the difference in angular positions of the Sun at the same time at distant locations a known distance apart. Thus, to do it, either Dio must admit the geographical information in the very books he's questioning, rendering the whole question moot, or alternatively he must venture far outside the village and perform significantly intensive geographical surveys himself.
? Can't you just stick two stakes in the ground like ten feet apart and work with that?

FurikoMaru said:
? Can't you just stick two stakes in the ground like ten feet apart and work with that?
Um, no. Eratosthenes stuck his sticks almost 1000km apart. Doing it over 10ft requires accurate precision of something so much beyond Dio's means that it's not funny, and at that level variation in local topography is going to make your results worthless anyway.

Reactions: Dio
[X] Cripple the man for capture and questioning and wait for his screams to bring Owl and Bat running.

Vorpal said:
Um, no. Eratosthenes stuck his sticks almost 1000km apart. Doing it over 10ft requires accurate precision of something so much beyond Dio's means
Clarify, please. Precision: B is nothing to sneeze at; the stat covers both one's movements and perception, and the Stand and the user are one.

What would be within his means? Because there's no way he wouldn't try something to figure out whether the library is completely full of shit. I just went for the simplest thing I could think of.

[X] Kill the man and leave Raccoon unharmed. The two of you are going to be even better friends, now...

Huh, ANBU not acting as they should be? Bet it's Danzo. Raccoon is weirdly normal for one of his pawns, but I guess they can't all be antisocial freaks like Sai. Still, knives in the dark rarely end well, best do that thing that Dio does.

[X] Kill the man. Interrogate Raccoon.
By the end of this, we will have her loyalty, or we will have her head. At this point I don't much care which.

Normally I'd say kill them all and go back to sleep, but Dio has a ridiculous charisma, judging by all those Stand users he gathered to himself. I also like the idea of crippling them and letting Bat and Owl come running - it would deepen our bonds with them a bit I figure - but then we wouldn't get to do the interrogating, it'd be Bat's interrogation, and that's disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back